Old 03-16-2006, 01:08 PM   #61  

I will have to look for the sorbets. Thank you all for the well wishes! I got the paperwork in although landlord still hasn't returned my phone call-that drives me nuts! Dr. appointment went well. Logan is 22lbs 6oz and 29 inches tall! Dr. said he is so healthy I dont' have to bring him in till he is 15months now. Amanda is going to need speach therapy so I will have to figure out how I am going to pull that one off. I have gotten some boxes packed and now I am going to have to start looking. I have cps caseworker here again today with katy at 2p. Katy was in jail again for not showing for court. I am stressed out. Food is ok but not what it should be and it is going to get kind of ugly here soon as it will be convenient foods and paper plates ect. I am so trying to make this smooth as possible for everyone. Odessa thinks she is moving into a treehouse. I asked her if we were going to go to a new house and she said "yep a treehouse". I will check back again-haven't forgotten anyone.

Glad you are moved Kathy!
Melissa
neo98292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 10:32 PM   #62  
mmmm.. ice cream

S/C/G: 238/135/125

Height: 5'4"

lol melissa.. what is it about kids that they love treehouses? although, i must say, i am 25 and i still think it would be pretty cool to have a treehouse
i ate so much junk yesterday that figuring out the calories is going to be impossible (not to mention depressing). i think i will skip any st. patrick's day parties next year. corned beef -- never again!
today so far so good. i had a big breakfast, but it was filling enough that i am having a small late lunch. very late i guess, because it is 7:30 and i haven't had it yet. breakfast was omelet and fruit, lunch is shirmp shirataki. dinner will probably be small too. maybe a muffin pizza.
cadwell125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 01:06 AM   #63  
MOM of 6 great kids!

S/C/G: 272/210.6/155

Height: 5' 7"

Sure is quiet in here I miss everyone! Hope everything is well with you all. Food has been terrible the last few days, don't know if I will even step on the scale Monday morning. Might wait till next Monday, or maybe next month!! I keep telling myself, "Stay out of the kitchen, you are not hungry!" But I end up eating something anyway I've got to get some control here!! It didn't help that Thursday was Caitlyn's 13th birthday and there was cake, ice cream and pizza-and yes, I had some of it all
Well, I better go to bed before I wander back into the kitchen!

Kathy
fancyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 02:33 PM   #64  

I'll join you all who were not OP the last few days. We went to Maine and twice had lobster dinners. Tons of food. Not OP.
Today started out with breakfast out and dinner will be out too, but I am hoping to come out ok with calories.
Where is everyone? We need to pull together.
Laura
LauraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 10:31 PM   #65  
I hate my scale

S/C/G: 173/165/130

i am moved and finally sorta have internet - i guess you could say all of our stuff is over here and the old place is a mess- i can't believe how much work we have to do and i am usually organized. - i am tired- i ache & i either have a really bad bug or it's a really bad allergy attack from dust- SORE throat - ears hurt- hard to breathe - coughing - swollen glands- no fever- but UGH

it's kinda hard getting used to things here- even tho i 've been told you need to act like this is your home etc. i still feel like i am intruding- maybe that isn't the right word- i don't know - hubby says i am being silly- it's just hard to explain- things are a bit different here and i feel weird- i guess with it being his parents he's used to them.
food has been horrible- and i mean horrible- i am afraid to get on the scale- i ate at wendys the other day and at mcdonalds and no i didn't make healthy choices adn today was awful with breakfast out and chinese buffett- but i was careful at the chinese place and didn't eat the "badie" foods.
I need to get back on track - this whole move has made me crazed- i am so emotional and just cry at the drop of a hat. I have 3 days off this week and will take full advanatge of getting it together!
My daughter's school has a "tree house" in their computer center/ library and they can climb the ladder and read - it's not too high up there but the kids LOVE IT!
:hugs: to all and i am back cause i need all the support i can get- especailly now that i was "off the wagon" for a week.
sandisuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 02:53 PM   #66  
mmmm.. ice cream

don't feel bad sandi.. i think we are all off the wagon recently. i didn't realize how much i had let the wagon get away from me until i got on the scale yesterday and i was up four pounds. yikes! i was really upset about it, but there isn't anything to do except get back on track and start eating op again. so i am going to start out this week right and really watch those calories and stay away from sweets like the plague.
maybe it's just me, but maybe it is a good idea to stay away from the scale until good news can reasonably be expected. we all have enough things to stress us out and trigger bad eating without adding scale shock to it.
at least that is what i will blame for that big bowl of ice cream i ate last night
Old 03-20-2006, 04:51 PM   #67  

We all need a fresh start today. I am OP again but I feel awful, fat, tired, irritable, stressed and stupid. But I will stay OP because I will feel even worse if I don't.
Sandi-moving is ranked as the 2nd hardest thing in a woman's life. I hope your 3 days off will help.
Carrie- I can't imagine handling all those sweets and not gaining 100 lbs.
Laura
Old 03-22-2006, 02:11 AM   #68  
mmmm.. ice cream

dh and i just got back from dinner with his folks and i feel like i weigh 580 million pounds. i really tried.. i got broiled shrimp instead of steak, squeezed the living daylights out of some cheese bread so i could have a piece, and scooped out all the butter from my potato and then only ate the skin, but i still feel like i am going to explode. i used to love going out to eat, but now i dread it, because i can't ever stop nibbling at my food after i'm full, and i never know how many calories are in my food.
restaurants that put a dish of peanuts on your table should be banned. i love nuts.
and this was going to be my week to cut back and get back to where i was, weight and calorie-wise. grr.
Old 03-22-2006, 06:39 AM   #69  

Hi everyone! Just stopping in for a quick hello. This month has been really bad food wise. I seem to be starving all the time. Right now I'm supposed to not eat or drink anything as I have to get labwork done this am. All I want to do is raid the fridge and eat the brownies dh brought home.
I think I will be canceling my gym membership. I just feel to depressed and frustrated when I go there. I started walking a 3 mile trail in the mornings and it feels so good to be outside in the woods by myself. DH is making noises that he would like to start going to a gym, the one I go to now is for women only so maybe we will join another one together. I want him to start walking some days with me to see if he is serious about getting back into shape.

Melissa, good luck with the house hunting, I hope you find one soon. I am glad that you are getting custody of Logan, that little one deserves some stability in his life.

Sandi, congrats on getting moved. Somethings take time, and getting used to being a part of someone elses home is going to take a lot of time, effort, and compromise on both sides. Hang in there, it will get better.

Candice, I know what you mean about eating out. I think restaurants should have to post calorie counts. I use the Calorie King book. It has a huge listing of calorie counts for major restaurants across the us. (in and out burger is listed ) That helps me chose better if I know ahead of time where I'm going. If it's just spur of the moment, I don't do so well!!!

I'm still working nights, it looks like it will be at least May before there's a chance of change. I have already planned to take the first 2 weeks of May off to look for a job with better hours. My contract ends May 25 so I want to have something lined up by then. I guess I need to brush up my resume, I absolutely loathe writing a resume, I just get it either too long or too short, either way it falls short.

Well I guess I will lay back down til time to go to the lab.

Have a great day everyone

Suzette
MistyDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 09:28 PM   #70  
I hate my scale

well this is prolly gonna be a really long post- sorry if i ramble
i feel as if i have been neglecting everyone even tho i know i ahve been crazed- i can't believe how much CRUD we collected living in a place for 6 years- so much JUNK! we took out 42 bags of trash and 15 totes of stuff to goodwill not to mention all the stuff we gave away on freecycle- joices room is all done and she is settled- our room is still a mess as i can't afford the bookcases we need at this time- things are still up in th eair and i am battling this really rotten bug- finally broke down and went to the dr's today when green goop started ozing out of my eyes. turns out my allergies turned nasty on me and i got an infection in my nose, eyes and ears.
we are almost done cleaning at the old place-
i really miss everyone on here and i know so many are busy but as Laura says we need to come together again to support each other.
Melissa- praying for you daily- moving is such a chore and how you can do it with little ones is beyond me- i hope you are getting some help.
candice- i keep picking and picking and picking too- it's like food in front of me = i have to eat it.
to everyone else-
well i guess i din't ramble too bad-
hope to see everyone back here soon!
Sandi
Old 03-22-2006, 11:29 PM   #71  
mmmm.. ice cream

suzette, i think i will steal your idea of having a book with calorie counts. i usually look things up online, and i have been counting so long, i know the counts for most things i normally eat, but i think it would be a good influence on me to carry a book with calorie counts. sort of like tying a string on your finger to remember something.
my mil gave me a bunch of pastires and snacks she brought back from her trip to taiwan and i haven't been able to resist. she kept on talking about how all the women there are super-tiny, and even though i know it's b.s., i can't help but think if all these super-skinny people eat it, it can't be all that fattening. of course pumkin seeds and sweet rolls are fattening! french chicks are said not to be fat but you don't see me chowing down on brie! i need to get a grip. my usual self-control has been nil the past couple of days. i never really thought it was all that great until it spontaneously disappeared.
hope your allergies get better soon sandi. and i totally agree about the picking at food. how come some people can just stop eating? not me. maybe i made a spectacle of myself, but i had to dump the butter that came for my shrimp and potato on the portion of rice and potato i didn't want to eat and smear it all into everything so i would stop eating it. i don't mind being a spectacle anymore though. it's better to be crazy and thin. today i must have really looked nuts when i used about 12 napkins to squeeze the oil out of my "low-fat" "fitness omelet." low-fat my behind. those napkins were all saturated (even after i ordered the omelet "dry.") it was beyond blotting
Old 03-25-2006, 03:06 PM   #72  
I hate my scale

helllllooooo where is everyone??
not everyone can be MIA???
i know you are out there!

Sigh seems as if march is not a good month for anyone.

my FIL does nice things for me - like he brings home a black forest cherry chocolate cherry cake. YUM BUT i didn't eat any YAY me
not that i didn't drool over it and almost take a piece but i changed my mind at the last minute and said NO- talk 'bout will power-

hubby is making me insane- he has NO concept of time and what others need to do- and then gets mad about it- makes me want to sit and eat- yeah right that'll show him - not really- but it's weird that when i get stressed beyond belief that i wanna just shovel food in no matter how many calories it takes?
Like today he works all morning- could i get up and take him in at 7:00 so i could have a car till noon and get stuff done ?? Nope the man has to have the car-of course he doesn't get home till 2:40-- then i am fighting with jocie over a book report thats due tuesday and then i have to go into work for an hour tonight and of course i have to make time to cook dinner in there somewhere.... before 5:30 - don't forget for some reason he wanted me to help him at the old house - like i can lift or reach anything there- i just asked what can i do there - also reminding him of everything i had to do today and he blew up- i either wanna eat like crazy OR run away to vegas. it makes no sense to me- i have been so sick all week and busting hump doing work and he gets pissed about me asking well when can i get this done and i have to go into work and when can i do this???
sorry for the i was just pissed- of course he left in a huff and of course he took the freaking car. vegas is sounding better and better.
Old 03-25-2006, 05:58 PM   #73  

Ah another reminder why I stay single lol. I am with you for vegas though but for different reasons. I am trying to pack and look for houses and I have officailly changed Logan's name to Worf as he has become a huge Klingon! My arthritis is in full force and it is getting hard to be patient and kind and all the things you need to be with kids. Ibuprophen isn't cutting it and it sucks and pisses me off. I am too stinking young for all this crap. Kate has been here twice-once with the caseworker and that day she was high-second time she wasn't but she was being a real shebegal too and I just wasn't in the mood for it. All I can say it is going to get better...it is going to get better...it is going to get better...I figure if I hear it enough times I will start to believe it. Dad had surgery this last week too and he is doing fine. We all just have to hang in and do what we need to do and that really includes me! Times like this I wish I had something with a little more kick to deal with the pain but I doubt she will give me anything and plus I just need to be on top of my game with all the kids. Off to pack some more and think about dinner for everyone.
melissa
Old 03-26-2006, 04:28 PM   #74  

I have been awol since it's so boring to be nibbling all day and unfocused. I am grabbing little things like a handful of grapes, the end of a bread, a slice of salami. It al adds up. Ihave to go back to having nothing in the house that calls to me. I feel like a slug.
Melissa- how much time do you have? Are there places to look at? I bet stress is causing the arthritis flareup.
Sandi- Men can be so foolish. I think it's genetic. they can't fight it.
Laura
Old 03-26-2006, 09:36 PM   #75  

I have a bit more time than I first had since the landlord decided to not raise the rent for right now. They go to court may 24th to finalize the divorce so she will know then whether she keeps the house or not. Even if she does, she is going to want more rent and I just don't have it to give. I have kind of been looking and driving around and haven't found anything yet. they just built a new 3 bed at the other end of the alley from my house but I would be nervous putting all my kids into a new house-too much stress so I will keep looking and when I go into housing on thursday they always give a list of places for rent too so I will check them out.

I picked up more boxes today and my ex is being super sweet to me. That is scary! Now I am just waiting for the "can't we make this work" stuff to start too. You would think after 5 yrs he would figure out I am not interested. Just talked to my daughter and she has a job. I am not happy about it as it is a strip club. She said she is waitressing there but geez! I guess I should just be happy she isn't stripping and working but it is hard. She wants to come over tomorrow. I just don't want to deal with them anymore-sounds awful but it is true. Packing is going well and after thursday will be out at least 3 days a week looking at places.
Melissa