Old 03-17-2006, 06:55 PM   #376  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Unhappy a bit of a crash...

I took a pause day yesterday on everything but the crunches. Not a fun pause day because I only gave up at the end of the day and had some unsatisfying things to stuff in my face. It was out of sheer frustration at everything in my life now. It so sucks. Even the nice things are totally overshadowed. I just have to try to focus on them and hope they increase in number and magnitude. It did feel really good to be sticking to my challenges for those five days. I felt quite clear-headed and resolved and I think this is largely due to cutting out sugar, white flour and alcohol. Yeah, it would be. All those things are quite befuddling! Well, no time now. Just a note of congratulations to girlie here....

girlie -- A belated three cheers for you Great going on the no-meat challenge. That's one I can really give the nod too!

Hello Danzer, hope you join us again soon. Others, no time again. Hope you're all doing well.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 07:32 PM   #377  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

day 5

carbs= 34

walking= 2 miles
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 08:47 PM   #378  

Evening everybody. Red, sorry you had to take a pause day, but as you told me, that is why we have pauses. I am sure you will be back on track. Don't make me get the whip!

Fish - sorry my mood got lonely and visited you. Doing the long distance thing must be tough. How long do you have to do it for?

Elyn - way to go. Keep up the good work.

Danzer - enjoy Spring Break. Hope you are able to get that jumpstart you want.

Not much else to report here. OK day. Better mood (again, sorry Fish). Now, I am off to the couch and the "pass out with Mommy" time I promised my dog. Have a good night all
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 01:26 AM   #379  

Height: 5'8.5"

LOL Jolly... what a riot about the scale!!! You may have a pleasant surprise in store for you LOL.

This was Day 18 for me and I made it, although it was tougher than usual and temptations all around me. But I just said "no" to a lot of "old friends" LOL
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 02:35 AM   #380  

Jolly, sometimes I think you're me in another town - I also have unusually large (but quite perfectly shaped) feet, and do not see myself as a pretty woman. At times your posts sound just like me, and I think Red is way too hard on you... But iI think you know that it seems we look better than we realize...

Fish, have you thought of posting a "calling all fat chicks in NYC" to get you thru the weekend? There may be many buddies just dying for company.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 02:38 AM   #381  
Never give up

Exclamation

carla!!!! -- I'M way too hard on jolly?!?! Heh, did you hear her threatening to get the whip out on me?!?!
Old 03-18-2006, 07:12 AM   #382  

S/C/G: 271/249/135

What day is it? Have you guys well forgotten about me? Did you think I was able to forget you? - No, I did not, but the life swept me off my feet took out a wip and started beating.
Some people believe everything happends for a reason, sometimes I can believe just that, perhaps it's true. So I skipped my challenges, and bad life events stacked one on top of another.
First it was my knee, then reabilitation for it, then work, then health (stomach flue), then parents' health, again work, and again stomach (reflux, gastric like pain). Rollercoaster to say the least.
What am I up to you wonder perhaps? Well, as of this moment I am sitting in Pittsburg airport. Red, it's your town isn't it? I am content, happy and trying to meet piece with my goals. For the first time in the last 2 weeks I am not working 10 hours or more and that's a relilef.
So last time was 10 days ago, I wrote that I bought 5 sessions with the trainer. I did have my first one on Saturday. He was generally happy with items I ate (he surveyed wrappers with calories, and fitday journal entry). Yes, between Jan.1 and Feb.7 I consistently ate that way, but now...
I did try to get back "on the plan", but by same eve I had dinner out (not full brought 1/2 home, which is an improvement) then the next day I went out for indian and ate the things he asked me to avoid, but it was not that bad, then came another work-related outing on Monday. Till Wednesday I lived off of my 1/2 portions. I did not gain, instead I am 240-239 right now, which is 31-32 lb loss, or 39 lb loss from my heaviest ever. My mom adored the pics made, and yesterday paging through my old pics I saw the difference myself, especially with a super short hip new haircut and trimmed eyebrows. A few friends commented on how younger I am starting to look, but I want a lot more. I did lose 1 full size, I am totally size 20 now, I tried on everything and see how baggy old things are. I want to be 18 by summer and with the new trainer program, I must participate not like last week (zero visits to the gym since last saturday, zero days of "perfect" eating, only semi-ok by my standards).
On top of it, today I am flying to see my parents. I hope to jump start my challenge from there, and therefore I am trying to avoid super expensive and super high fat/sugar/carb/fluff food sold at the airports. I will have a small salad later on, I will I will I will, I really do want to commit, and perform, I am tired of being a loser at this...besides I have curly to catch up with, before I could may be, but now she is way ahead :-)
Please hold me accountable, private messages, or here, I need some support. These are hard times (vacation, parents, + I have to work 1/2 days everyday on my vacation), the only great things is that I will have a piece of mind after seeing my family on this unplanned trip and my workout schedule will be covered (my mother after loosing 50lb on her own has become a fanatic :-)
I love you guys, sorry but I've not read all the post, I will try but I won't promise. I wish you continued success.
yours CBETA
CBETA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 07:14 AM   #383  
Never give up

Red face inching forward...

Oh, my, must be up at 3:45 a.m. tomorrow morning. Must get to bed.
Just knocked out the crunches. So, crunch challenge is OVER!!!! Abs of steel!! Hurrah, hurrah for me!!! ....just doing this in case no one notices....

Took yet another pause on alcohol and white flour. Sugar ok, that is the real tough one. Or maybe not, as I've done it more. White flour is TOUGH. Well, later. Sorry not to catch up yet again. Have a very long Sunday ahead of me....
Old 03-18-2006, 07:18 AM   #384  
Never give up

Talking yoohoo! Pittsburgh!!

CB!! Yes, MY airport!!! Wow!! Wave hello to my dad! Well, just saying hi 'cause I just saw your message pop in. Will write tomorrow if I can. You hang in there. You're doing GREAT!! A whole size down! Fantastic! Gotta sleep here. Ciao! and take care.
Old 03-18-2006, 07:34 AM   #385  

Quote:
Originally Posted by carla49
Marble, what on earth is a standing crunch? I just can't seem to picture it.

Es Angel, on completing a double challenge. And straight through? Way to go!!!

It's bedtime here in San Fran. Hoping for pleasant dreams, and more good weather tomorrow. Apparently it was hailing this morning, but it was great by the time I got here. Cool and windy, but bright sunshine, perfect for a pricey lunch at the Cliff House. I had forgotten what HUGE portions restaurants serve here in the US. But I was a good little soldier and cleared my plate, so children in wherever won't starve...

ZZzzzzzzzzzzz

CARLA
I was not aware you were in the area, perhaps next time if you want we can meet in person, I do live nearby.
Old 03-18-2006, 07:45 AM   #386  

Dear RED, I will write I promisse, the weather will be so-so, so I will have time and desire.
For my food I plan to eat light and simular like I ate at home. For excercise: long walks along the beach in the sand, gym (iffy, I hate old barely working equipment) and swims in the pool (I think ocean is too cold and windy just yet for riding the waves)
Old 03-18-2006, 07:53 AM   #387  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

Cbeta dont compare your progress to anyone elses...you are doing a great job. just concentrate on doing what is right for you..... make those changes that u can.. continue with for the rest of your life...

A number is just a number... its more important that we will be able to live with these changes for the rest of our lives .. ..
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 08:22 AM   #388  

Good morning all Just popping in before heading off to the gym. I have a trainer session this morning too, CBeta. I am very glad you popped in. We all know what it is like. Keep coming - we are here for you.

Carla, unfortunately, my feet are not perfectly shaped - have you seen Lord of the Rings? Heard of Hobbits? Yeah. Mine make their feet look cute and petite. Ah well. If that is the worst I have to worry about . . .

Red? did Red have something to celebrate???? Just kidding Red Way to go on completing your crunch challenge. You rock

I will post more later, after the wedding I am going to. With my folks. So CB, I feel some of your pain. Love 'em, but there is stress.

Have a great day all
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 12:11 PM   #389  

I off the plane, but not out of the airport.
Now comes the wait, my parents would not be up here for another 5 hours. Thank god to Myrtle Beach and Pittsburg Airports for providing free wireless service. I am tied, it's ben 12 hours sicne I left home and by the time my parents pick me up ( I cannot get into the condo w/o them) 17 hours of travel. Exhaustion would be the word to define me right now (sorry for complaints, but unlike usual me, who sleeps all the time, I did not sleep for a single second).
Though it is was 7am CA time, in Charlotte it was 10am, and I did grab a light breakfast with some fresh fruit and eggs. So far so good, now I will work on my 3rd bottle of water, I want to do like 5, I am usually dehydrated after the plane ride. Too bad airports do not have gyms.
BTW little steps, I can now cross my legs, if I sit a bit sideways, left over right, but cannot do the same with right over left...right thy feels to be bigger or something...
Iwill report later on excercise and continued eating.
Old 03-18-2006, 01:00 PM   #390  
takeitoff&Keepitoff

Red~ for completing your crunch challenge
Sorry to hear that you had to take another pause day, oh well, I'm sure you´re going to make it, and won't be needing the .

Day 11 on my no soda diet.
Have to stop my daily exercise challenge 'cuz this darn ankle is still sore, and when I got up this morning my foot was hurting as well. Guess I started to soon. Doing stretches and free weights, but can't do cardio so I'll just start over when my ankle is A OK.

have a great day everyone~

Last edited by girlieyorkie; 03-18-2006 at 04:21 PM.
girlieyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote