Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 12:53 PM   #46  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Good morning Chickies!

This weather is so strange. Was in the 50's yesterday, can't remember if it made it to 60 or not. I did have the sliding door open so it had to have been close. Anyway, today...it is cold, windy and drizzling. But we do NEED some moisture so, bring on the rain! Everything is so dry.

JANE...sorry to hear you and Neal won't be making the Vegas trip. Thought I would mention it hear in case no one sees it on the other thread. I think the quilt will look GREAT in your country home! I love the colors and the quilts. I've always liked the wedding ring quilts and still have the one I bought when V and I bought our first house together. Not because of that of course, but because I like it so much. I'm thinking about the one on page 924. I had bought two paintings to go on the wall above the bed to match that when we redid the room but...I went to Penneys to see it first and didn't like it as much. Well, I couldn't find my receipt so couldn't take the paintings back and have been looking for something to match them since! LOL So we are back to that one I think. Also not sure what color I would paint the walls to match. Was thinking sage green, but not sure. Of course I think we need to decide on a home first, LOL!

ANGIE...well, I am glad the pain was better for ya. Couldn't imagine not being able to take anything, not even tylenol. An anniversary band, cool! And yeah, emeralds would be perfect for Mothers Day! I've not heard of any of those perfumes. I am going to have to see what they are. I may have seen them, but just not recognize the names.

CONNIE...keeping my fingers crossed that medicare and insurance will pay for some of the cost of the Adult Day care. I know that would be a big help to you. We had a dog that would do that. She ended up being an outdoor dog! We tried and tried and followed everything the vet said, the books, etc. But it never failed. We would take her out to potty and leave her out there a while and she would come back in and do her thing.

MINDEE...WW has some good cookbooks with lots of good menus and recipes. And they are reasonable priced. I found a few at Wal-Mart. Even if you don't follow WW at least you know the meals are healthy. You can also find them at their site. with the FF and eating out. I do know how addicting it can be. And it's so much easier than cooking so...wishing you lots of luck.

MS. SUSAN...are you already in Hawaii?! I know you are busy with work and the girls. I thought of you and KATY when I was watchin The Bachelor. That was only the 3rd episode I caught but WOW! Boy, was Susan mad! I didn't see it from the beginning but from what I saw, I just think she is acting. What was funny is her dad thought she had other motives for being on the show. Wouldn't that be funny if she was the next Bachlorette?! Not sure about Moana but I am glad she is still there just because the others despise her. Now I have to watch the rest and see who he picks. I don't know much about the two because like I said I haven't seen that many shows but I would think Sarah but then there's the issue about moving and leaving her family. Not sure she would want to. Anyway, will be interesting to see who he picks.

MARYKATE...hope you are feeling better as each day passes. And...you are getting spoiled by DH.

Hi to everyone else, KATY, KATHY, MEL, NANCY, MARTI...why do I always feel like I have missed someone? Probably because I have, lol.

Still trying decide on a house. We have it narrowed down to two. Just don't know which one we should go with. Funny, it's never been this hard before. Better make a decision soon though as we risk losing both! We've made a like/pros and dislike/cons list and on the one it is clearly a winner, but...there's always a but inthere isn't there? It's on a corner and the house next too it has three big dogs! But it's the better deal as far as what it has to offer. They are both about the same price, one is $950 more but we wouldn't offer what it is listed for anyway so. Decisions, decisions. Well, I probably should get going, have tons to do.

Take care ladies and have a wonderful day!
Old 02-16-2006, 03:41 PM   #47  

Height: 5'1"

Hello Lovely Ladies!

Not going to try and catch up on all the post. So many to catch up on! But do know that I send each and everyone of you a hug!!

Been getting off of work at normal time this week. Amazing! Usually we are so backed up that it has us feeling so guilty for leaving, but not this week. In fact, in my dept it was so slow that I worked in processing for awhile. Nice change.

Got a call from my younger sister who lives in Florida that she'll be coming the first week of March! She'll be here for a week. So excited. She did come to Oregon when our brother passed away, but it was just too much going on then. Before that, it had been about 8yrs since I've seen her!! So I'm really looking forward to her visit. And she says that next year in summer, her and the whole family (hubby and 3 girls) will come for a visit. She misses Oregon and her family. We miss her too.

So in a couple weeks I get to see my little sis!!

Ok.....all this excitement I gotta pee. Just kidding.

I am hungry though so I will chat w/you all later!
Old 02-16-2006, 04:21 PM   #48  
kitty Momo

Cristi - Think Sarah, Sarah wins. I just know it - maybe Travis doesn't but I do. Susan was useless (not me - ha) I am surprised she last as long as she did. The women tell all show is on Monday and Susan is on Ellen today if you can still catch it. Yes.......I am a groupie.......I spend all my time on the Bachelor board - lol

Just busy working and ......good news.....I will only have to split my time between properties til the 27th of Feb. Thank goodness.

Happy Birthday to Gaby!! I took the day off and we went to Toys R US and she picked out a huge white lion with black strips and a baby one to go with.....so cute. We were driving though and she goes "wait we need a daddy lion"....awwwww

Nothing from Mike but his mother sent her a card with $ and Rocky sent her a card with $. Rocky is so sweet, he really adores that girl.

So, we are going to Chuck E Cheese tonight.

better get.......sorry to be AWOL - just pooped and when I read on the Vegas trip I HAD to post something! Maybe we need to regroup and come up with something else??? We really need to meet!!!!!!!!!! and we really need Ma!! lol

k- going....oooooo tax refund is mailed out on the 24 can't wait.....
Old 02-17-2006, 12:08 AM   #49  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good evening Ladies,
we are under a blanket of snow...but dang the blanket isn't warm! brrr

Cristi, 3 big dogs? I bet Ernie wouldn't want to live next door to them.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO GABY!!! Shes so sweet,,,

Marti, couple weeks ago you were talking about work,,,the supervisor in particular,,,things better?

Jane given a choice, I would be at your house, believe me. Me and the wedding quilt all snuggled up...yup good mental picture.

Mindee I have found the best recipes in the WW site. Yummy stuff in there.

Connie hope the insurance thing works out.

well Im off to bed,,,long day today.
ttfn
Old 02-17-2006, 01:11 AM   #50  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Logan went for his 3 month check up today. He is 14lbs. 7oz. and 24 inches long. He goes back in 2 months, on 4/18. She said when he turns 4 months, then we can start him with some solids, starting with rice cereal first. He is about 10 inches shorter then Brandon.

I asked the pediatrician about a spot that is on Logan’s left cheek. She said that it looks like ringworm, so to put some on the medicine from when he had thrush, and if that doesn’t help it then to buy some hydrocortisone and use that. I also asked her about Brandon and about him not talking as much. She asked what school district we were in, and then went and called them about setting up a speech evaluation for him.

We went and looked Wal-Mart for some weights. I found, well Tommy found it, but it is a set of the weights with a dumbbell bar for $30. We are going back into town tomorrow, so hopefully I can get it since I start my Self Magazine challenge on Sunday!!!

Thanks for the suggestions girls! I will keep looking. I checked at Wal-Mart for cook books, and I didn't find any. I think I might have been looking in the wrong spot. (I looked in the book section, mind you, and still didn't find any)
Old 02-17-2006, 08:27 AM   #51  
RosieKate

Hi gals...
Sorry I'm MIA, just real busy. I signed up to do a Knitting Olympics contest, so now I need to knit a sweater before the Olympics are over. WHY!?!?! I'm nuts. I think I just wanted to see if I could do it. If you google knitting olympics you will see that I am not the only crazy one out there.

Bachelor....I think there is a real passion between Travis and Moana, it's nice to finally see a bachelorette who really is honest about her emotions and doesn't play little girl games with the other women. Sarah looks better on paper, though, so he may go for her. the reunion show should be a good one. Usually its the best show of the season, haha

Jane - too bad about Vegas; hope we can all work out a way to meet someday.

Susan- You busy girl...hope life calms down soon. Happy birthday to Gaby! You know, since this Vegas thing isn't working out, we do have to remember we'll run into each other at kindergarten. Not as exciting as Vegas.......our girls would be in the same grade you know.

Mindeee - I peeked at your new photos - those boys are so cute and getting so big! My DD has been getting some speech therapy over the last year or so and it really has helped her...so good luck!

OK - gotta go over to the challenge thread, where I am afraid I've been a bit of a wipeout. I'm going to start a new no alcohol/no sugar challenge for 21 days just to get myself kickstarted. Its an Oprah Boot Camp thing from last year, and I felt pretty good when I did it, so I'll try it again.

Old 02-17-2006, 11:22 AM   #52  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -

lol - school doesn't start for another 18 months for the girls Katy. I was behind a car yesterday with the bumper sticker saying "Friends don't let friends knit drunk"

WOW on Logon and 14 pounds already *sigh* times goes way too fast.

I gotta run to work. I have like 40 reviews this month and I am freaking because ......I really only have next week to do em in......lol whatEVER,,,,,I don't sweat it much. I do 8 hours and I am out of there. They give us 24 hours to get applications on the computer and our building gets 75/100 a week (others get 2 or 3).......and BS.....am I a walking intake??? lol I have 40 to get on today.......

gawd, I think I am starting to stress thinking about it.......better get...
Old 02-17-2006, 11:45 AM   #53  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

DO NOT POST HERE! Head on over to CHIT CHAT & WEIGHT LOSS # 167! See ya there
Closed Thread