Old 02-25-2006, 01:20 PM   #166  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey everyone, happy Saturday. It's my 11th wedding anniversary and I was at a loss as to what to get Rick...i was at WalMart (my 2nd home until Target decides to build in Hawaii...) early this morning and got him a Shitasu massager thingie, the type that you place in a chair and sit back on? My manicurist has one and I love that thing. I run it through 3 cycles while she does my pedicure. I hope he likes it. Not too romantic, but I figure practicality in gifts...we can leave the romance for the bedroom . We are going out to dinner at Ruths Chris steakhouse this evening and I can finally wear something nice, put some makeup on and have a good time. He says we can get matching tatts for our anniversary. That's what I wanted all along!

surf, I just read somewhere that Donkey beach has a new owner(?) and that they employ security guards to keep nude sunbathers off the beach! I've seen pictures of secret beach--looks great! I haven't been to Kauai in close to 10 years. I hear ya on SPF 30!

Red, kudos to you for having a conscience about 'wasting' time. I don't really give it a second thought...

Hello to Dips, Cal, Kempy, Angie, Julie, Cherie.....

BTW, anyone heard from Angie lately? It's not like her to be away so long

have a great Saturday people!
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 01:49 PM   #167  

Happy Anniversary Noelle and Rick

Enjoy your weekend everyone!
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 02:01 PM   #168  

Yeah Noelle 11 years. I know you guys will have a great time.

It is nasty here today. I think it is 100% for the rain today. I guess it is a good day to clean house. Joe is at an LSU basketball game so I am home by myself. I am trying to put some TaeBo in also.

I'll check back in a bit.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 11:13 AM   #169  
so close, yet so far...

Good morning everyone. Just a quick post to say hello. Dinner at Ruth's Chris was wonderful last night. We had seared ahi as an appetizer, then for dinner I had a petite filet, some garlic mashed potatoes and steamed asparagus. Rick had the ribeye steak which looked huge but he polished it off. The GM came over to our table and asked if everything was to our liking and then he brought a complimentary bread pudding dessert since we were celebrating. I like that place! It's a good thing too that the bread pudding came--I almost ordered the molten chocolate lava cake....danger! We stopped by Starbucks and got some coffee, then drove around and just saw the sights. It was nice and relaxing. I am up early this morning because I have to walk off some of what I ate last night! Exercise-wise I haven't done much this week. I hope the scale is nice to me on Tuesday , but! if it tells the truth of my actions, I will not be surprised if I have a small gain

Kempy, we had a bunch of rain earlier in the week, but a really nice weekend. I think we are getting your rain around Tues/Wed--more thunderstorms. So did your LSU team kick @ss? Are you guys doing anything for Mardi Gras? ** I read that Katrina took out 2 of the Ruth's Chris steakhouses in NO...

What's everyone else up to today? Chat more tomorrow. Have a good one.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:35 PM   #170  

Noelle glad to hear that dinner was great. We are not going to do Mardi Gras like normal. I am going down Tuesday with my family to a cousins house but that is about it. I am just not in the mood this year. I don't think you are getting our rain. It is heading east. Don't tell me we have more coming. augh!

I wonder where eveyone is. I guess they are all busy. I have been at least walking the dogs eveyday. I am tyring to hit that 15 lbs mark by Wednesday. I am going to make the zero point soup for dinner tonight along with some sort of meat. I hope that give me the edge that I need. Hope to see all of you post.
Old 02-26-2006, 10:53 PM   #171  
No Limit Souljah!!

Default Hi Ladies

Kempy- Busy is right! I am so worn out from work and school. I just sent the girls back home and they really didn't want to go but I needed the quiet. Anyways sorry about the rain. NY is experiencing arctic weather this week. I', drinking tea every night

Noelle- Happy anniversary to you and Rick. Wow 11 years. Bet it seems like yesterday, huh.

surf- What I wouldn't give to be somewhere soaking up some sun..OH WAIT I'm headed to South Beach in 3 weeks!! I need a break from this blistering cold weather. Anyways, I got that "year round" tan I bet I'll even catch a few more shades in the florda sun I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Angie- I'm sending a search party!!

J- Hey girl! I am so proud of you. BTW I could sure use some of that chilli to warm me up!

Red- Take all the time you need to regroup and fall back in when you are ready. We're not going anywhere!

He Cherie! Is the lil' one feeling better? Niko is doing great.

I must rest for school tomorrow. Nitie nite!
Dips'n'twists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 09:45 AM   #172  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning... Just bumping us up for now.. I'll be back later to post. I had a nice weekend, ate too much, no exercise... but I did get lots done yesterday... wait.. I did housework and I raked the backyard so I think I got in a little exercise!! I've got blisters on my hands from the rake to prove it.

OK.. I'll be back later!
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 11:25 AM   #173  

Hi Girls

Dips nice to see you. Ahhh....peace and quiet, whats that? Haha...enjoy it! Stay warm, it is cold here too. We were in the teens this am. Bring on Spring! Don't work to hard.

Cherie raking is for sure excercise. I just looked out my window and the grass is covered with snow. I ate to much too. But that is behind us and it is a brand new week. Are you going to watch the Bachelor finale tonight? I only saw episodes but I would like to see who he ends up with. Hopefully the teacher from his town.

Kempy great job taking a walk everyday. I just can't bring myself to take a long walk outside lately now that our temps have dropped.

Noelle your dinner sounded really nice. How nice about the free dessert. That cake you mentioned did sound tempting though! When is Michael's spring break? My son's starts on March 20th. Nothing planned for it. Just maybe go to the movies and maybe up north.

Surf- I am Julie-jbbm. How was your weekened?

Cal how are you feeling? Thinking of you.

Okay girls I wonder where our Angie is? I hope you are feeling okay Angie, I know there alot of colds and flus out there. My son was sick for entire week last week. Maybe that is why you are not posting? Anyway hope all is well with you and your family!

Did anyone watch Dancing with the Stars? Drew won, I think he deserved it. Well laundry is calling. Check back later on. Have a great day!
Old 02-27-2006, 12:52 PM   #174  

Hi all

Hey Dips – South Beach sounds like a good time. I've I've only been there once - but sure had a good time!

Kempy – I’m sure your dogs love you! I just read about Ragdoll cats – they are so adorable… and you can train them to walk on a leash – now that I’ve got to see. I’ve always wanted my kitty to do that – and to be a car kitty.

Noelle – We just got 2 Ruth Chris’s here in Sacramento. I sure love seared ahi and filet. Sounds wonderful. Congrats…

Hi Julie – thanks for asking about my weekend. It was a great weekend except I didn’t exercise. And my cousin e-mailed me and told me that her Mom had died. It was expected. Two months ago she celebrated her 100th birthday. My Aunt was tough, man. I don’t know if I’m going to go to the funeral – going to have to check cost of flights from Sacramento to Colorado Springs.

Yea – Drew one. I was happy too. Do ya’ll watch American Idol? I am totally addicted to that one too.

Have a great Monday everyone.
surfdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 03:56 PM   #175  
so close, yet so far...

Hi ladies...well I had one of those 'eat too much' weekends as well. Mostly on junk food like trail mix (w/chocolate chips) and sweets like cream cheese brownies... it is PMS time for me. I have to go back to the Dr. on Thursday so we'll see how I'm doing then. Not much happening here today, just work and the Monday blahs.

Surf, i'm sorry to hear about your Aunt. Even though it was expected doesn't make it easier eh? Wow, 100 years young, that's pretty impressive. I just found out that my ex-(big) boss' wife passed away today too. I don't know what happened exactly, but she went 39 days without life support, so at least now she's at peace. That is so tragic. On a lighter note, I know me and Julie are AI fans...who are your favorites?

Julie, I'm happy that Drew won also, he looked like he was having the most fun (besides that wrestler lady). Are your kids all 100% better? I think Michael's spring break starts late next week. They have a half day on Thursday, then they're off until the 21st. I don't know what I'll do with him then...he can drive my parents batty

Hey Dips, good to hear from ya. 3 weeks until party time

Kempy, how'd you do this weekend? This one was real tough for me, I just wanted to munch and munch and munch...

Cherie, housework and yardwork IS exercise

Hello to all be back later.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:11 PM   #176  

Talking

AI - love it. I don't know the names of everyone right now. But for the girls, Merinda (? - no that's not it), Paris (she's so cute and bubbly, and the last girl whose mother is a vocal coach. Guys include Ace, Taylor (he's my favorite personality), the guy with the bald head - sang "Wanted, Dead or Alive". Fun stuff. It is heart warming to see these people reach a life-long goal... sorta like here, eh?
surfdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 05:14 PM   #177  

Hi Girls

Surf I am too sorry about your Aunt. I am also an AI fan. I like Taylor and Chris, they are awesome.

Noelle don't you get down about a little bit of pms eating. You are strong and look how far you have come. You are doing so wonderful. Hugs girl I know pms is a total b*tch! My kids just have some coughing. Thanks for asking.

Tonight for dinner I am making beef taco salads with homemade guac. I can't wait I am starved. I made the mistake of not eating enough during the day today. I read online somewhere you should eat around a 500 calories beakfast to keep full all day. You know I think it works because on weekend when we have an omlette and toast I seem to be satisfied until almost supper. Only if we all had the time to make a big breakfast during the week, huh?

Check back later on.
Old 02-27-2006, 06:51 PM   #178  

Hey guys. I am PMSing too. I just don't want to blow it. I have my weigh-in on Wed. and I am really wanted to show a good loss. I am trying to find something to curb these choc. cravings and jello just isn't doing it. BLAH!

Surf Angie has a ragdoll cat. I have never really seen one in person. But I love all animals so I am sure I owuld like them too. I have one fat cat and two dogs so I am surrounded by pets. They are like our kids though.

Julie I wish I could send you and Dips some warm weather. We are going to hit 77 Wed. I guess Spring is almost here. I am sure we will get another cold snap though. I just wish it would stop raining long enough for me to trim back some trees. Our yard is a slop hole.

Noelle do you have any special things you eat to help with PMS? I am just wanting to eat a hugh bowl of ice cream right now and I know I can't do that. I am trying to keep myself busy but it really isn't working. And, I have a week of this.

Joe isn;t feeling well and I need to finish fixing his dinner. I'll pop back in a bit.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:58 PM   #179  
so close, yet so far...

Cr@pola! I had my regular kashi cereal w/light soy milk for breakfast, then a Jack in the Box fajita pita for lunch, but when I came home there was the freakin' trail mix again... i must've dipped my hand in there like 3 times--big ole handfuls too. It didn't help that my sis put a cup of nestle chocolate chips in there too. I am PMSing bad....all this salty/sweet/crunchy stuff has got to get out of the house. It is a bit nippy here today so I think I'll take my walk early this afternoon (like in a few minutes) and see if I can't work off some of this excess calories. I have to weigh in tomorrow and I feel like I will be up a few....

Kempy, hope Joe feels better soon. Have you ever tried Skinny Cow or Slim-A- Bear (like "skinny" Klondike bars) ice cream sandwiches? They are a life saver when you get those ice cream cravings. OR Hagen Daas makes the "light" version ice cream--tastes WONDERFUL and you can have a 1/2 cup for around 5 pts rather than 7-10 for the regular full fat version. Just some suggestions. I personally would rather have the ice cream sandwich since it seems like you are getting more than just a 1/2 cup. Fruit sorbets are always good, but it doesn't compare to chocolate. anyway, I'm not really the best person to ask about PMS foods right now--I was so good last month, but this month I seem to be making up for all I didn't eat.
Old 02-28-2006, 02:11 PM   #180  
so close, yet so far...

Hey girls, how are we all doing this final day of February? Can you believe it? Tomorrow we'll be on the 3rd month into the year, sooner than you'll know summer will be here. Hard to believe I know, with all the snow, ice, rain and yucky cold weather some of us are having...we are getting heavy rain this afternoon into tomorrow so I got my walk in early this morning. Trying to walk off as much water weight as possible before I go to weigh in . Will post my results (lose or gain) later.

So what's everyone cooking up for dinner?