Old 02-22-2006, 11:30 PM   #151  

Hello Everyone,

Things are getting better. Hubby and I are talking, but I am not ready to take him back.
I went back to school yesterday. It was hard at first because everyone was still so concerned and everytime someone asked how I was doing I'd want to cry again. The lessons in the classroom actually made it easier for me because it kept me very busy. Needless to say, I was exhausted when I got home; then Ashley had basketball practice.
Today went much better; I even teased some of my kids. I still have to take the anxiety pills; doc won't take me off of them until after she sees me again on Mar 1. They are helping me to stay calm and keeping the bp down.
Countdown is on...12 school days until Spring break!!! Of course, parent conferences are the last 2 days, but I can handle them.
Thank you so much for all your support and love. I know it helped me through this.
I love all of you so much.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 02:12 AM   #152  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Kempy, thanks. I wish I felt more up to it. Can't even bring myself to post on my thread...sigh. Trying to pull myself up by the bootstraps. Things are not looking good...I need a light at the end of the tunnel..

Dips! Sorry, thanks for the PM. No probs.

Cal, glad to hear things are looking up a bit. Yes, I suppose you have to get a lot more, not only talking, but time and space in there before you can get together again. Best to you.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 09:03 AM   #153  
No Limit Souljah!!

Default Hello My Girls

Good morning all. I am still up to my ears in teenagers but its all good. They are having a great time in spite of my hectic schedule. I think they are just happy being here and they love Niko. Anyways...

Noelle- Way to go on the weight loss! I hear ya on being back to where you started. I been there a couple of times. What's important is that you don't lose focus so you can continue to your goal thistime around. You can do it!

Angie- I miss you. I hope everything is okay with you in all that aweful weather.

Kempy- Okay, I forgive you about Lowes Anyways, I'm sure people will notice your loss. Everyone else seems to notice before you anyway. That's how it always goes. BTW I just got the new Tae Bo bootcamp series. I'll let you know how that works out for me.

Surf- I love pilates. It's very graceful and relai=xing but it makes you feel powerful at the same time. I have to try everything to keep myself from getting bored. Don't worry about the slow scale. Weight loss is a slow process but it works when you are consistent.

Red- You sound as busy as I am. Good to see you though.

Cherie- How is the DD. Feeling better today? I hope so. she seems like such a happy, peppy child, I can't imagine her sick and miserable. Is she the one who shares my birthday (Nov 4)? Anyways at least Hannah did her thing. Sounded like overall it was a good trip.

HI JULIE- So good to hear from you! Your poor baby boyis feeling a little Hope he is better today. I feel so out of touch. I haven't watched AI since those country *** twins make complete jack asses of themselves.(Leaving then coming back) So I am clueles as to what you all are talking about.

School and work is wearing me out. But I go to south beach in less than a month. I'm going with the intention to meet some guys and partu but I can totally see myself sleeping through the whole trip Anyhoo I'm working up the nerve to get a brazillian bikini wax YYEEEEEOOOUUCH!!! Did anyone ever have one??!!
Dips'n'twists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 09:55 AM   #154  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning everyone... I am here.. but wishing I was at home. What's new?

Hey Dips... ouch.. no I have never had a brazillian wax... good luck with that! So where exactly is South Beach?

Red I am sorry you have misplaced your motivation... you can find it! :-) Each day is a stuggle, but just focus one day at a time and maybe you can find it!

Angie.. hey girl, where are you? I hope you are doing fine!

Cal (((((HUGS))))) I am so happy to hear things are slowly getting better. Keep us posted... you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Noelle, Kempy and Julie.. hey ladies.... I don't watch AI but it sounds interesting.

Surf.. how is your morning going?

OK.. well, my morning started out bad, got worse once I came to work, so now I am trying to make things better.. or at least my attitude. It's going to be a LONG day. But I am looking forward for tonight, Alan is coming over for dinner, so I need to figure out what I can make that is easy.

I'll check back soon!
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 02:06 PM   #155  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Morning all. I'm having a slow start as usual. I don't have the motivation to go to work on time anymore...I just had breakfast--a bowl of Kashi go-lean cereal with light chocolate soy milk. I was out of vanilla so chocolate was it . I felt like a kid. Anywho, good to see some posts out there. I saw a medium sized reddish-brown dog laying near my neighbors house yesterday, it was just cruising on the sidewalk but it looked like it got soaked in the rain. Then I remembered that it lived around the corner and a few houses down. I didn't stop the car because I was on my way to work. But this morning it came around to our house. I checked it's collar but it didn't have a tag. I took it on a leash back to it's house and called for someone but no one came out. I just opened the gate and let the dog back in--it was missing for 2 days at least. I hope that is the house the dog came from because if it's not, the homeowner will have a surprise when they come home

Dips, nope, never had a brazilian. I do like to concept of the end result, but I am just too chicken to have it done myself --besides the fact that I don't want anyone other than the man I married doing anything down there Are ya going to the J Sisters? I heard a lot of buzz about them on Oprah. Be brave girl. I've read some reviews about other salons and stuff, and I can't imagine it being painless--but some people say it is.

Cherie hang in there, only one more day til the weekend! Enjoy dinner w/Alan.

Cal, I'm glad you and Alberto are talking things out. I know it's hard but things will get better. Gosh, 12 days til Spring Break? Cool! Stay busy and keep your mind on positive things.

Oh Angie...... Where are you girl? Everything alright? Miss you.

Julie, did you catch AI? I just loved that Taylor Hicks guy. I like that raspy voice...he reminds me of a cross between Luke Wilson and Dermot Mulroney (w/the crooked mouth) but w/salt and pepper hair. The guys did not really wow me like the gals did. How are your kiddos and what's for dinner tonight?

surf, skinny dipping? hehe, so you're an adventurous one.

red, remember at the end of the movie Red Balloon all the other balloons came to surround the boy and lifted him up and away? That's what we're here for, we can gather 'round and lift you up until you're ready to fly by yourself.

Kempy, how's your day going?

I guess I should get moving on my day. Have a good one all.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 07:09 PM   #156  

Hi Girls

Finally getting some time to post to you all, now that dh is home from work

Cherie, I hope you day went by fast for you. What did you make for Alan? Everything you make sounds good.

Noelle we grilled some hamburger patties on the grill. Something quick. Ds has still got a nasty cough. Getting better though, Febuary is a nasty month for colds and flu. Anyway I did watch AI too, I love Taylor also. He is great and fun loving. I also like Chris. He rocked last night.

Dips....South Beach, I can feel the warmth. You deserve this vacation, you have been working so hard. Never had a brazillian. Take a advil or tylenol before you go, haha..

Cal glad to hear things are getting better. Please take care of yourself and know I am thinking and praying for you. Your Spring break will be here before you know it.

Red what is new with you?

Kempy hope you are having a good day.

Angie....Hi! Hope you are doing fine.

I am so glad it is starting to stay lighter outside now. Spring is on its way. It will be nice to take those after dinner walks. Well I am going to finish things up around here and then watch Dancing with the Stars and AI.
Later Girls!
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 08:09 PM   #157  

Talking

Hmm- a Brazilian wax – I read about that in a novel!! Think I’d have to take a Valium and champagne to actually do it.

As for AI - I liked Mandisa (she’s from Sacramento – where I live now) , the petite girl and the last girl with the great vocals. She is the one whose Mom is a voice teacher. Stevie Scott is from the surburban area that I live in in Sacramento – but I didn’t think she did very well. Watched the men last night – dang, Ace is cute, humble, and can sing well. Also really like Taylor Hicks from Alabama, the guy with the salt and pepper hair, and the kinda rock guy with the bald head.

I LOVE to Skinny dip – looking forward to doing it in the Kauiu surf!! With discretion of course. Mike is so supportive of my weight loss – he never even complained when I gained over 50 lbs after we got together – must have been all that great cooking – I also LOVE to cook.

Hey Red – you can do it – I have also kinda lost my motivation – so if you can get it back, so can I!! Think I’ll toast myself with a glass of Chardonnay tonight. I love to put dried fruit in my wine!! Just not too much wine though – empty calories! I haven't started my 21 day exercise every day because I am still kinda wiped out from this cold. But tomorrow, Mike and I are going to an aquatic aerobic class and I am going to do some resistance training and treadmill for at least 35 minutes. I listen to books on CD's, and so I really like to do the treadmill because I want to hear more of my book. I'm listening to "The Lovely Bones" now. Very good book - so very different - and this is the first novel for this author. I want to finish this so I can listen to "The Attorney" by Steve Martini - another author I like. It keeps me motivated

Cal – I’m happy for you that you are at least talking – but remember to look out for yourself too!

Hope to talk to you all tomorrow with positive exercise words!!
surfdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 10:59 AM   #158  

Good Morning Girls! Happy Friday to you All!

Just bumping us up. I have been OP all week and a pound down. Finally a pound lost and not one gained. GoodBye to that one Christmas pound of gain!
Old 02-24-2006, 11:29 AM   #159  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning! TGIF.... Friday's are always GREAT... Dinner last night was nice.. not diet friendly, but nice.... cheesey potato soup, a freshly baked French Baguette, and a bottle of red wine... with dessert being a piece of coconut cream pie. YUM. :-) We caught up on Grey's Anatomy and watched part of the Olympics.

Tonight, is date night, so we are going out to the local microbrewery/German restaurant.. where I am just going to relax.

Julie... WTG on staying OP and losing that pound. I need to get back on track, I haven't done anything this week and I have been going over in calories each day.

Surf.. sounds like you have a wonderful boyfriend... Good food and support! :-) What more do you need?

Noelle.. I hope that doggie was theirs! Have you seen him back out today?

Hiya Red, Angie, Kempy, Cal and Dips!!!!

Nothing much is planned this weekend, sleeping in and spending time with my girls. Hannah has a Girl Scout Cookie table she has to man tomorrow for a few hours.. and then we might attempt church again on Sunday... but other than that.. I am not even gonna think about it! Its been a very long week!

OK.. back to work... it's quiet here.. half my team is gone... leaving me alone in this big room, and my boss in her office... guess its time to change the music again! I don't get to listen to it otherwise... :-) Happy Friday!
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 02:29 PM   #160  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies, TGIF!!! I am searching for an anniversary gift for Rick, tomorrow will be 11 years, gawd, where does time go? I still wanna get my old tattoo re-inked and get a new one, but we are still looking at designs. I don't want to make a hasty decision and be stuck with something I regret.

I have a NSV (non-scale victory)! Last night I went to Wal-mart and outside there were two sets of kids doing fundraising--one group selling boxes of Krispy Kreme donuts and the other group selling GS cookies. I walked right past both of them without a 3rd glance (i would say 2nd glance, but I did look twice )

surf, i have some positive exercise words today: I walked 3.5 miles this morning w/my dog and even jogged a part of the way. I shaved about 10 minutes off my regular time by doing that. My knee feels great and I just had my ankle wrapped tight so it didn't bother me. I wonder if i may ever become a runner?
As for AI, I love Mandisa too. She's got a sassy attitude, but not in a rude way like that other weird girl I am totally not liking (Brenna?). Paris is definitely awesome. I think the voting off went well. Enjoy your aqua-robics! Oh yeah, skinny dipping....I have heard stories from Rick's cousins about Donkey Beach in Kauai. A kind of rocky place not that great for swimming, but the snorkeling is great and people do go au naturale

Cherie, now you've got me fantasizing about a fresh, hot, lovely baguette w/butter.... Enjoy your weekend.

Julie, congrats on staying OP and getting rid of that lb! Those holiday pounds are hard to get rid of aren't they? Sometimes I find that they like to visit me and stick around with each holiday...

Hi to Dips, Red, Angie, Kempy, Cal and everyone. Gotta get a move on.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 02:40 PM   #161  

Cherie your dinner last night sounds so good. I could go for the exact same thing as it is starting to snow here and that dinner sounds comforting. I like German food. Sausages and sauerkraut and rye bread! It has been a long week for me too. I am so glad March is on its way.

Noelle great job on the walk/jog. I didn't know you were walking that much of a distance. Your dog must love you for it! Great job passing up the doughnuts and cookies, now that is willpower!

Well gotta run and go pick up dd from preschool.

Angie where have ya been?
Old 02-24-2006, 04:17 PM   #162  

Yeah Julie!!! You stayed OP. That is great and you are one less lbs b/c of it. Keep it up girl. You have snow we are having rain. They set Mardi Gras and Mother Nature sets the rain.

I just got back from my walk. I was going to push the dogs another 10 mins but the rain wouldn't hold out. So, I guess I will have to do it tomorrow. I am getting my hair colored in the morning, I just love the way it makes me feel. A new doo for my weight loss. Plus, I get it cheaper being that I work there.

Dip OOOWWWW, no braziilan wax for me. You are more of a woman that I am. Of course I just zap the hairs and I guess some poeple would think it is the same pain.

Red is there anything that you want to talk about? You know that you can vent to us if you need to.

Noelle good for you. I run when I see the GS cookies. I know they need the money but I don't need the pounds.

Surf I will have to try the fruit in my wine. I love both so it can't be that bad.

Cherie don't you just love Grey's Anatomy. A girl at work and I am addicted. We talk about it Monday mornings and fawn over McDreamy.

I am going to run take care of a few household things. I'll be back later.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 07:28 PM   #163  

HELLO?
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 08:44 PM   #164  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Thanks, Kempy, but no, there's nothing that talking about will help. Real problems, work and money and such. But thanks for asking. I have even neglected my thread. Really just want to take a break from 3fc. I'm too busy and part of my problem is that I waste time talking to people instead of finding and doing more work. The emphasis there is on the word "waste." Not that I spend too much time, but that I waste it but not making more efficient use of it. So, perhaps I can make better use of it and be back here with you. Hang in there all.

redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 09:26 PM   #165  

PhotoGirl – that dinner sounds great (minus the coconut cream pie – I’m just not a dessert person – but if I do have dessert, it is bittersweet chocolate and raspberries. And I do have a wonderful boyfried. Are you Julie? Where are you in Oklahoma – or did I ask you that already?

Way to go Noelle – good exercise words. Mike has certainly heard of Donkey Beach!! He knows of even better beaches though – like Secret Beach. He’s got a great body, but he doesn’t like to skinny dip. Don’t think I’ll be in for lying naked on the beach though – my white, white skin doesn’t take to the sun very well. Both my girls have darker skin and they can really soak up the sun – but not Mom!! Thank Heavens for SPF 30. Next year I hope to be surfing!!!

Hi to Dips, Angie, Kempy, Cal and everyone.

Red – remember “never give up” – just restart. Hope to see you.
surfdreams is offline   Reply With Quote