Old 02-26-2006, 12:51 PM   #136  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

I just wrote an entire post that got sucked into oblivion (did you hear the cursing?), so here I go again.

Aimee, never hurts to have a passport. It can take 90 days to get one here. Mexico sounds wonderful, never been there. My boss went with his old girlfriend -- they brought us back about 4 bottles of tequilla (which I haven't touched yet). Ouzo is a Greek hard liquor. Strong stuff. Good luck with the detox and the toe. (btw, what's the Sarah story? the Slutskaya story had me a little weepy)

Hang in there, Kimberely. You've come a long way, and I know you'll be able to plug into all the stuff you've learned and all the habits you've developed, even if you're having a couple of weak moments now. I've done plenty of backsliding.

I was watching Johnny English (with Bean) at the gym this morning on the treadmill and laughing out loud. I think I've finally gotten the aerobics to the point where it's getting effective, only took me a few months, ha! Every step ahead is a good step. Think I'm going to go watch tv and chill for a while. Take it easy.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 01:01 PM   #137  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Thanks, Marge. I am flat-out terrified of gaining this weight back. I've never lost so much before and I just can't let it all be for naught. I know it will click sometime, but I hope it's soon!
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 02:05 PM   #138  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardenwife
I am flat-out terrified of gaining this weight back. I've never lost so much before and I just can't let it all be for naught.
Which is exactly why you never will! You may backslide a few pounds here and there, but you're too smart and too aware of what you're doing to just let it all go completely

So, since my sort-of-boss' birthday was this weekend (she's my "sort-of-boss" because I do all of my work for her, yet someone else is my boss on paper), I volunteered to make the goodie for a party for her. We have one woman who normally makes these amazing cakes, but she's just been dealing with a lot lately, so I offered to help her out. So, the lady whose birthday it is apparently loves chocolate, so I made a brownie pizza. It's a 12" round brownie with a chocolate cream cheese icing (made with chocolate cool whip, chocolate instant pudding, chocolate syrup, a splash of vanilla, powdered sugar, a little milk, a package of ff cream cheese, and a few tablespoons of ff sour cream) covered with sliced fresh strawberries and bananas with a circle of Hershey Kisses along the outside and then drizzled with chocolate syrup--it looks amazing, if I do say so myself! And if I really tried, I bet I could have made it much healthier (as it was, I only used ff cream cheese and ff sour cream because that's what I had in my fridge and I forgot to buy regular for the recipe!)
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 02:20 PM   #139  
Eating for two!

Oooh, and here's me in the glasses that I don't hate
Attached Images
File Type: jpg myglasses.jpg (6.8 KB, 32 views)
Old 02-26-2006, 02:39 PM   #140  
Howie6267's Honey

Hey, I really like those glasses on you! You look great, Jill.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:02 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Wow it sucks to be me!! Today was the final day to make our bonus, and we were 500 dollars off. Thats all, I got SO close.. yet so so far away! I slightly feel like crying, but what can yah do! I was prepared not to make it, but today I found an error in my manager's math and we ended up being closer than we thought. I'll stop now!

Marge - Josh and I thought we should get our passports this year, so I imagine we'll get on that when I'm back and settled. The detox didn't start today, I forgot a few vital pieces of information. Such as, I have to walk to AND from work tomorrow.. and detoxing and walking? not a good plan of action. I also have to walk to work on Wednesday, and do the dentist visit. So the detox will have to wait until at LEAST Thursday/Friday. Hopefully Thursday!

Kimberley - you will get there... you know what you need to do. Is there something thats scaring you?

Jill - nice pic!!

I gotta find me some food.. bbl!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 09:38 AM   #142  
Losing 1/2 of Myself

S/C/G: 324/195/170

okay... sorry for the long delay.

We did not get the house we were interested in. The seller still owes WAY too much on it. She bought it in 2002 for $65000 and owes the bank $72000 still! It needs about $15000 in work done to it too. SOOOO not worth it! Back to the drawing board again. We're looking at 3 tonight with a new realtor. A friend of my dad's sells houses in Green Bay and is willing to drive the 45 mins down to 'the valley' where we live now and want to stay to show us homes. Good thing about Paul is, he's not going to tell us crap just to sell us the house. He's an honest guy and will actually be a benefit to our serch.

My weight is still not changing. I'm really getting frustrated. I'm trying to switch it up all the time and do diferent things and it's not seeming to help. Sam and I rented the 'Biggest Loser Workout' from netflix; did the first one this morning. My rear is killing me! So I think we're going to keep it for the 6 weeks that it takes to do the program, hopefully I'll see some improvement soon!

Food is not an issue for me at all anymore. I really have a stong ability to say no to the stuff that I know will trap me back into an addictive pattern. The smell alone of any fast food makes my stomach cramp up! The thought of eating a Quarter Pounder w/ Cheese SOUNDS good... but the smell; UUUGH YUK! And the coating of fatty grease that it leaves in your mouth; gag.

Jen - I LOVED Vegas! So much to do, have a blast. So sorry to hear about you place. What a bummer.

Kimberly - Cute Snoopy-kitty! Lexi (our boxer) is so interested in cats, but they don't like her much.

Jill - Way to go on the loss! Keep it going, throw in some exercise and you'll be looking sexy in the bridesmaid dress!

Aimee - Toe stuff sucks! I'm prone to ingrown toenails... ouch.

Marge - LOVE the glasses. I went with the darker square-er frames last time too. They just look so sassy-librarian!

See ya for now... I'll try my best to get on more... I know I say that every time... I'll try harder.

Sara
treefrogtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 11:09 AM   #143  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

How is this possible? I am posting before all you easterners??? My goodness!

Sara - the house next door to me is being sold, I believe it's being sold for 200,000, considering most houses around here go for 500,000 up to 1-2 million. The owners have not paid their morgage for a year + and it's going to be auctioned off to pay their remaining balance with the bank. I guess thats a little far away from you, eh? heh.. Apparently my toe issue is an ingrown toe nail.. it's very gross, twice I day I faithfully soak it, dry it off, put on antibiotics and cover it. Hopefully it'll go away soon! How long do they usually take to go away? Cuz this sucks!

I am off to work, Have a good day gals! I get tomorrow off, yay for me! So youmight hear from me later!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 11:26 AM   #144  
Eating for two!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimGirl
Apparently my toe issue is an ingrown toe nail.. it's very gross, twice I day I faithfully soak it, dry it off, put on antibiotics and cover it. Hopefully it'll go away soon! How long do they usually take to go away? Cuz this sucks!
Ugh, ingrown toenails--story of my life! When I was in 8th grade (I think), I had my first ingrown toenail removal. It had been infected for some time, and according to my podiatrist, it wouldn't grow out on its own--the reason it was infected was that it was growing into the skin and would only get worse. They put novacaine in my toe and clipped it out at the doctor's office, but it came back, so a few months later, I had to have it done again, and this time, they cortorized the root on that side of the toenail (i.e., put acid on it so it wouldn't grow back)--they said this gave me a 97% chance that it wouldn't grow back (it was such a small part of the nail on the side that it still looked like I had my whole nail, just the very edge wouldn't grow back).

Well, lo and behold, when I started working at Ruby Tuesday about a year ago, it came back! I went to my doctor who sent me to a podiatrist who again put novacaine in my toe and professional dug it out. I've never had an ingrown toenail that would just go away by itself, but maybe my feet are just a bit more ******ed than yours I hope you don't have to go through all that--novacaine shots in the toe aren't exactly a pleasant experience
Old 02-27-2006, 03:39 PM   #145  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Have I mentioned that I hate Mondays? heh heh.

Kimberley, I have to say when I was heavy and gaining weight, I was eating like every day was a feast day. I wasn't doing ANY exercise. It wasn't like an occassional doughnut. I didn't think at all about calories, or fat, or nutrition. I'll bet if you compare your habits and way of thinking now to then, it would be drastically different. It takes me a more effort to lose weight than maintain it. And when I'm off program for a while then get back on, it takes me a little while to get in the groove and get back to the weight loss. I know everyone is different. Still, even if you went back to your worst habits, it would probably take you a couple of years of real healthy eating to gain all that weight back.

Jill, we're glasses twins, heh heh. Very cute That means we've got three sassy librarians here,

Aimee, I can't believe you missed that bonus. Your boss sucks. It's better to strategically plan for the detox. Better than starting and stopping.

Sara, sorry to hear that house didn't work out. I got depressed this weekend when I looked at the real estate section of the paper and they were quoting prices of $500,000 for a ONE BEDROOM CONDO. Yeah, it's funny that I don't really crave fast food. If it were in front of me, I probably would eat it. Especially a whopper. But I don't get cravings for it, thank buddha. I don't have an urge to eat the amounts (big plate of spaghetti, 3 pieces of garlic bread smothered in butter, plate of side salad, a glass or two of wine, then ice cream for dessert later) I used to.

I made a reservation at a B&B type place in Washington DC, near the zoo, for mid-April. May be after the cherry blossoms (I wanted to see them, but it's hard to get a room that time of year). 5 days for MARGE to enjoy herself. Go to the zoo, see a movie, go to a museum or two, go shopping, have a bubble bath (or a bubble shower if they don't have bathtubs, heh).

Take it easy.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 04:24 PM   #146  

I am sorry I have not been on lately, been lazy. My laptop was found. Someone took it (apparently they did not see my nametag) to the bus, and once realizing it was not theirs, LEFT IT THERE. OF ALL THE NERVE! Anyway, thank God the bus company called on Saturday. It's now with me in my room. I am going to go charge it soon.

Okay, when I was downloading music, I saw the Disney movie Anastasia and couldn't resist (I loved that movie when I was younger!) So when I listened to the music on my ipod (which has been updated to over 1,000 songs), I was transported to my past. It was so...wonderful, I don't know how to describe it.

And then I read about the mystery of the Romanov deaths. Wow. I need to write something about that, it's just so interesting. And scary. The girls wore so much jewelry and their corsets prevented them from being shot properly, so they were stabbed and beaten to death. How tragic.

Well, I gained a pound, my fauly for slacking off. I am determined to lose this excess weight by spring break (sometime in April), so better get back on track and start recording what I eat.

And...school.

Oh, and I entered a Harry Potter fanfic competition. Currently I am tied for third place

See you!

Edit: I entered what I ate for lunch and snacks and what I am going to eat for dinner and dessert, and I am going over my limit by two calories. Whatever :P. That's alright, right? It's not like two calories will kill me...I am overestimating my lunch, anyway, I am putting like two chicken nuggets more than I ate (I put it as a McDonald's meal, close enough). AND I get to eat candy after dinner, awesome! AND I am in my allowance! YEAH. I deserve it after resisting a lot of candy at lunch (me and my friends are pigs lol).

Because I HAVE to eat something while watching TV. Or do something. I just can't sit there. Same with reading on the computer. I am weird.

Last edited by Claire de Ravin; 02-27-2006 at 04:33 PM.
Claire de Ravin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 05:29 PM   #147  
Eating for two!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonwoman64
I made a reservation at a B&B type place in Washington DC, near the zoo, for mid-April. May be after the cherry blossoms (I wanted to see them, but it's hard to get a room that time of year). 5 days for MARGE to enjoy herself. Go to the zoo, see a movie, go to a museum or two, go shopping, have a bubble bath (or a bubble shower if they don't have bathtubs, heh).
Dude, you'll be like 15 minutes away from me! I haven't been into the city for the cherry blossoms (I tend to avoid the busiest time if at all possible), but I have been to the zoo and Smithsonian. Jeff likes that zoo because they have capyberras (I may have spelled that wrong), which are the world's largest rodent and, apparently, his favorite animal The best part about that zoo, of course, is that it's free to get in
Old 02-28-2006, 01:16 AM   #148  
Howie6267's Honey

The last (and only) time I've been in Washington was my 8th grade schoolyear! It was during the cherry blossom time, I remember. Howie and I would both love to go to the museums and the zoo. Too bad we can't do all that in April when he has his second follow-up visit. We'll be there April 6th for that, maybe coming out a few days earlier if the weather's good for camping.

Claire de Raven, I never knew the story of Anastasia (either the animated version or the historic one), so I looked it up. This link describes the family a little, plus talks about Anastasia herself. That's really interesting!

Today's been good calorie-wise. About 600 of them were dumb -- a lite white berry cooler at Caribou -- but overall I'm right at 1600. I was going to do 1200, but that coffee drink was way more than we'd thought.

The dentist called in Vicodin to get me through until Wednesday. What a godsend painkillers are when you need them. My jaw and back teeth are blissfully on my mind's back burner now instead of right up front and cranked up on high! The Vicodin makes me feel really nauseated when it starts wearing off. I had Promethazine (an anti-nauseal) left over from when I had a stomach virus once, so you bet I went and hunted down its bottled this evening! I'm a happy and sleepy camper now.

Last edited by Gardenwife; 02-28-2006 at 12:04 PM.
Old 02-28-2006, 08:36 AM   #149  
Eating for two!

Man, I LOVE the animated movie Anastasia--I especially love the song "Once Upon a December" (it's not Disney, by the way--I'm a bit of an animated movie freak, so I just felt the need to point that out ). I know the movie isn't exactly true to history, but I think they did a good job of adapting it for an entertaining movie.

Well, yesterday was a bust! It was supposed to be a low-cal day and ended up being WAY high--laziness just took over, and I let go of all of my will power. I felt absolutely horrible last night, though--kept getting out of bed thinking I was going to be sick, so I drank a bottle of water and STILL felt crappy, so I drank a can of ginger ale...added even more calories to my day, but it at least settled my stomach enough so I could fall asleep. I will use the memory of that feeling as my motivation to make today a successful one!
Old 02-28-2006, 12:08 PM   #150  
Howie6267's Honey

Doesn't sound like much fun, but here's to motivation, however it comes! LOL

I edited my post to replace Disney with animated. Here's the IMDB listing for it - I'd not read it, either. Now I want to rent the movie!