Old 02-11-2006, 07:12 PM   #61  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

I'll make your toes curl and tell you I was a bio major in college, Claire, heh heh. Congrats on your 84. yeah, the 1,000 lb man I was talking about was on Dr. Phil last Wednesday. Wild story. I like Lost too, not quite as exciting as last season, but that's ok, it's still fun.

Ah, Josh! very sweet. I guess Rob and I have been together a long time. After lunch yesterday I said I have to get you a Valentine Day's card. He said want me to go with you? I said ok. So we went together for me to pick out cards and wrapping paper for HIM. Heh heh. I got his DVD in the mail today. We picked up some candy and a card for his mom and sister too.

Bingeing on Chocolate syrup? Not even sure how you do that....maybe just open your mouth and SQUIRT??.......

I don't think they've invented a chocolate that I couldn't overindulge in, heh heh. have a good time at the party.

Hey, Sarah, good to see you. I've never been on a snow sled ride, sounds very fun. You might try Lane Bryant for a bra, they have a big selection. My middle name is rededication, heh heh.

Aimee, how's things in Canada these days? Rob and I were in the East Village today seeing a movie with a couple of friends and I thought of you. It's kind of funky and artsy there. Lots of little independent clothing stores. Have you seen that show on Bravo with the clothing designers? It's the same format as Top Model, where they compete and then kick one off each show. I like it. I only get to see it at the gym, though, since we don't have cable tv, heh.

Man, I've been having such gas lately. I know, too much information. Man, though, for about 4 days now. I even woke up in the middle of the night from it. Maybe it was all the asparagus last week.

I don't know if any of you saw the opening to the winter olympics, but it was like an alpine nightmare gone crazy -- they pushed plastic dairy cows around the ice, people dressed up like trees skated around, couples waltzed in Holstein patterned dresses and tuxes. There was fire, and Ricola horns. Maybe the lack of oxygen at high altitudes had something to do with it.

Have a great one.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 12:54 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Hey Ladies!! I had a weekend full of healthy living, cutting out wheat (which doesn't agree with me), lots of walking, a little jogging... phew! I better be skinny tomorrow! hehe... Don't worry... I'm willing to put in all the hard work to get there..

Marge - Canada is GREAT!! It's been sunny here in the lower mainland, we totally deserve it! My friend and I are planning to do this 10km walk/run in April, and we've been busy with the training. Tonight we jogged a little, it was hard as heck! But I could even feel myself getting stronger. I think the funky level here in Coquitlam is pretty lame.. heh. We have tons of chain stores, even more chain restaurants... but you can find a little hole in the wall restaurant with great food.. That being said, I have actually been invited to a fund raiser at a local club, and a fashion show. If I actually go.. thats something else... heh. I'm so old sometimes!!

Alrighty, I am SO tuckered out...

It's pretty quiet here on the weekends, eh? Where are you all?? K.. time for this old gal to get some sleep! nite!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 05:44 AM   #63  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Happy (questionable?) Monday morning!!

Here I am even earlier than normal--it;s about 5:30am, and I am dressed and ready for work but still at home, and I'll be heading out soon. I just know that today is a day FULL of work at the office (which is a nice change of pace, believe me!), so I thought I'd come say hi before I get swept into the researching, writing, editing world that is my job.

I had a pretty good weekend. With the calorie cycling's first week coming to an end yesterday, I had a daily average of 1785 calories for last week My goal was 1800 or less, so that's pretty much right on target!

Oh, I bought a cheesecake when we went grocery shopping yesterday that said "No Sugar-Added" and "Low Fat" on the front of the box. However, the label said it had 11g fat per serving--I thought in order to be labeled "low fat" it had to have less than 3g of fat per serving?? Anyway, I thawed it and took one bite...and threw the rest away! It was NASTY! Better for me to make my fruit smoothies anyway, right?

Other than that, we didn't do much. It snowed most of the dat Saturday and all Saturday night, so we had about 6 inches of snow by the time it was done--more than I had expected (they always call for 10 when we only get 2 ), but still not enough to send this New England girl into a tizzy like the locals...it was done snowing across the region by noon yesterday, yet there are TONS of school cancellations today--it's insane!

Aimee--you definitely sound much better, much more yourself. I'm glad you're feeling more like you--and training for a 10k?! You go, woman!

Sara--great to see you back here! I've always had a hard time finding bras simply because my girls never caught up to the size of the rest of me I have to shop at like Lane Bryant to find my 44B bras. Most manuracturers assume that is you are big around, you have big boobs, but I guess I just like to be different

Claire--I like my TOPS group, but you probably wouldn't. I'm 23 and by a LANDSLIDE the youngest one in the group. I recently switched groups, actually, because the one I was going to most recently was all MUCH older members, and I guess that seems to be a trend amongst TOPS groups. Not that older womenaren't nice, but they can't quite relate to my needs as a dieter when they're discussing osteoporosis and pushing a shopping cart in the store as their main form of exercise

Well, as sweet as it was to unexpectedly find V-Day flowers on Friday afternoon, he's made it pretty clear that that's all I'm getting for V-Day. Last year, he got me candy and 2 Sims expansion packs, so I made sure to get him good stuff this year--what the heck? I already got him 2 pairs of boxers, a video game, my *ahem* pajamas, and a little thing of candy to put in his lunch that day. I don't want to make him feel bad for not getting me as much as I got him, but I also don't want to NOT give him the stuff I bought specifically for him. Ugh, boys!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 09:41 AM   #64  
Losing 1/2 of Myself

S/C/G: 324/195/170

Height: 5'9"

Morning girls!

I went to Kohls yesterday and found 2 bras that fit... If I keep losing a cup size evry time I go down in band size I'll be at negative soon! When I started this adventure I was a 46DD, then a 44D, then 42C now, yup I'm a 40B! My goodness, if only my belly/butt could lose as fast as my boobs, I'd be looking really great! OK, 'nough 'bout my girls... sorry for the saga! (or would it be SAG-ah? hee hee)

Today is my day off and I was so hoping to just vege-out at home but Sam's cars' Check Engine Light came on yesterday and won't turn off even after we did everything the owners manual said to do. So I get to drive 45 mins to the dealership she bought it at to have it looked at, hopefully it's warranty covered yet, then dive all the way back home. I hate being nice somtimes, it's such an inconvience!
The same thing happened to her car 12,000 miles ago and it was some gas tank vent that was leaking. It of course took the 3 hours to look at it and fix it though, so we were sitting there for ever. Hopefully it'll be a quicker fix this time. I'm gonna bring a book with me so I can avoid clock watching.

Not too much else going on... weight still won't budge. Still eating 'on plan' it's just how I eat now so I really don't even think plan/off plan anymore. We have a dinner date with Sam's aunt next sunday at her house and I get so nervous when I not in control of food prep or choices. The only 'safe' thing for sure will be the wine we bring. Sam didn't even think to ask what the menu plan was! Skinny people really suck somtimes!
treefrogtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 12:06 PM   #65  
Never surrender

Aimee, natural beauty trumps funky 90 percent of the time for me, ha. The fashion show sounds cool. I kwym about pooping out, after work and all the other chores, I have a tendency to just want to chill out more often than not. Good luck with the race! On the Biggest Loser one couple (from Hawaii) was training for the Iron Man, I really like watching that race. It's not for the faint of heart, that's for sure. They looked like they were having a blast training for it.

Jill, I'd wait until Vday comes and see what happens. Can't always believe what you hear.

Sara, I don't know if this will be helpful to you at all, I was watching Bob Green on Oprah and he was giving tips to ladies in the audience about getting off a plateau. He said changing the exercise routine even by a little bit can help, specifically he told one lady to either up the speed on her treadmill or give it an incline. He also said that it's normal for the body to need time to adjust after a big weight loss. All that may be stuff you already know.

We had record snow fall Sunday. I stayed in except for keeping Rob company as he shoveled the sidewalk (4 times). I've never seen the snow get this high. Should be interesting walking to the gym this afternoon. Hopefully most people will have shoveled by then.
Old 02-13-2006, 12:11 PM   #66  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Just saw your post, Marge -- hiya!

Hi, girls - sorry I've been scarce. Howie's off to the YMCA, but I begged off because me hips hurt today after the long ride home and some other activities this week. Darn myself, anyway!

We made monumentally bad food choices on our way home and at home last night, but he's gone to exercise some of it off. We're not weighing until the first of March, just to give ourselves a chance to recover from the last several couple weeks of not-so-good eating.

Me, I had plain Kashi, eating it like a snack with no milk (we're out). That and an orange was my breakfast today along with Folger's coffee. We're meeting friends at a wonderful local Mennonite restaurant for an early valentine's dinner tonight; they have two prime rib dinners complete with beverages and dessert for $29. The plan is to bring one complete dinner home to eat tomorrow, and just split the one tonight.

Did you see Sean White's amazing performance on the men's half tube last night? He seems like such a nice kid - it's great to see an Olympian who isn't all cocky and a bad boy (although some of the bad boys are kinda cute). I felt bad for Apolo not making it in the trials. Still, he should have just settled for second place - he still would have been in the Olympics then, for Pete's sake!

I agree with you about the weird opening ceremonies - we laughed aloud when the girls came up behind the horn blowers and raised those little flags. And those cows! That was really bizarre, all of it.

If I could be any athlete, I think I would be a figure skater. They are pure poetry.
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 03:25 PM   #67  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Hiya gals!Just playin' around with the editing option here in the QUICK REPLY box!!

It's been an off plan weekend. I had determined to get through today on plan, but already goofed that up. I started well with a protein shake, but lunch ended up being TWO fish sandwiches (not just one!) So as of 3:20 pm, I am at around 1300 calories. It's going to have to be a VERY lite dinner tonight, if any at all!

Tonight when I get home I am going to do some in home walking (heck, I may even jog and/or do some jumping jacks!) just to help counteract all this crap. I didn't weigh today, and probably won't at all until after my TOM goes (it''s due any time!)

See y'all soon!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 09:35 PM   #68  

Hey! Nice to see everyone again!! Its cold in this area of the world! It's perfectly clear... they say it may even snow! I know that sounds normal, but this is the west coast for goodness sakes!

Marge - I almost want to try a mini triathelon, they have a beginners one every summer. The only problem would be that I don't own a bike. Also, I'm oddly scared to swim in lakes. We'll see though, I may decide to find a bike and do it anyways! I walked home from work today! I am really getting into this fitness thing..

Jill - I agree with Marge, you may be suprised by Jeff... you never know! It's amazing how easy it is to train to WALK 10km! My friend and I did that hike, and I can feel that within a few weeks I could do 10km's fairly easily. Running... well I guess we'll find out in April!

Kimberley - once things get back to normal you will easily drop these few pounds, it's hard to try and lose weight when things are crazy and stressful as they have been for you two lately.

Jen - I weighed this week with TOM approaching... I almost wanted to kick someone or something.. good idea to stay away from that scale! How many calories do you aim for in a day?

Well I am off to do some abs, pushups and some squats! talk to you all tomorrow!!

-Aimee
Old 02-14-2006, 11:57 AM   #69  
Never surrender

Kimberley, it's funny you mentioned the girls coming up behind the horn blowers, I thought they were going to push those guys off the ledge. heh heh. The ice skaters are my favorite, the Russians are amazing. They keep saying the Chinese are up and coming, but to me they just don't have the grace that a lot of the other skaters have. Maybe a few years down the line. (That commentator Dick Buttons is a little obnoxious to hear all the time.)

Hey, Jen, I was wondering where you were. The period is not a good diet time, how I know it. At least after it's over the numbers on the scale dip in a very satisfying way.

Hey, Aimee, yeah, the couple on BL did a Tin Man Triathalon. Sounded a lot less grueling than the Iron Man. I don't own a bike either. There was a lady on the 100 club who bought one and I asked her about the model. I'm keeping the info to get a bike when I get down to about 220 (I haven't been on a bike since I was a kid! I'm afraid if I do it at my size now I'll majorly injure my sacharilliac or something equally as vital). The park here is a great place to bike. I know the triatholon bikes are a little different.

I had to send back my mail order jeans, they were too big (imagine that!). I should get the new pair today or tomorrow. Today is Rob Thomas's birthday, he's 34. It would be funny to be born on Valentine's Day. Have a good one.

Old 02-14-2006, 08:58 PM   #70  

Hi Marge - quiet in here! Well I went for my makeover, it was suprisingly good! I even had to buy the foundation and one of the eye shadows, so 43 bucks later (including tax), I walked away with one cute look!! I took some pictures, but you can barely tell in the pics. It's a darker blue combined with a lighter blue, some green as well.

Jeans too big? What a wonderful feeling!! Yay!

Well, I'm going to go clean a bit before Josh gets homes.. Happy Valentines day!

-Aimee
Old 02-15-2006, 06:02 AM   #71  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Mornin', chicas

Holding my eyes open as best I can, here...we were in bed by 10:30, so I don't know why I am so darn sleepy still! Anyway, yeah, there were no additional V-Day gifts from Jeff yesterday, as I suspected. Well, unless you count the 3 marks he left on my neck after I gave him MY gifts Good thing I can wear my hair down and have a sweater with a high collar--jeez, I feel like a teenager trying to hide them from her mother

Still going strong with the eating--I made lo mein (Lipton's instant side) and egg rolls (frozen) for dinner last night, and I didn't have ANY candy all day! I only reached 1204 calories total, so it was a very good day. I hope the scales appreciate it tomorrow!

This weekend, we have to drive up to MD to Jeff's cousins' house for his younger cousins' birthday party. One turns 8 this weekend and his brother turned 15 yesterday (I think), so they always have a party together. I miss seeing them as often as I used to, and I'm sure Jeff misses them like crazy (it's the cousins he lived with before we moved in together). We haven't seen them since just before Christmas, so it should be fun

Aimee, your new avatar pic looks EXACTLY like one of my best friends from high school! I still keep in touch with her and have always been jealous of her looks

Marge, woohoo on the jeans being too big! Stinks that you have to return them, but at least it's for a semi-happy reason

Jen, every weekend for me is an off plan weekend, but it's on my plan, if that makes sense I have WAY higher calories on Saturday and Sunday (sometimes closing in on 3000!), but I have way low calories on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday (sometimes not even reaching 1200), so I still average out to 1800 or less per day for the week. This weekend is a good weekend especially since we will be at the cousins' Sunday, and they don't normally have the healthiest food choices

I have not watched a single second of the Olympics. I feel almost guilty for not doing so, but we don't watch a whole lot of tv. We have our regular programs (American Idol, CSI, The OC, South Park), but other than that, we just record movies on the DVR and watch our Netflix, so there's almost no channel surfing going on here
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 11:58 AM   #72  
Never surrender

ooo la la, Aimee, very cute. The camera loves you. We had Thai food and champagne for dinner last night (followed by chocolate covered strawberries). Was delicious, but maybe a little rough on the old stomach, heh heh. I'm not the woman I used to be. Today is gym day, at least I can work off a couple of those calories. I bought a new pair of sweats that I have on now. Blue.

Jill, this is the first season we've watched American Idol from the beginning. We're addicted to it. Have fun on your trip this weekend.

The temp has climbed up to 43 and the sun is shining. Not a bad day.

How's the new kitten, Kimberley?
Old 02-15-2006, 05:45 PM   #73  

This week has been so bad for some reason. I haven't been on plan at all because I have been so busy with homework, and today, I lost my school laptop! I have to face the lab people tomorrow, hopefully someone did not steal it...it has my name and phone number on it. Ugh, two more days until break.
Claire de Ravin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 11:07 AM   #74  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Okay y'all, my body is playing tricks on me! I had all of the symptoms of my TOM, but nothing's happened yet! (No, I DON'T think I'm pregnant!) I think I only have one ovary functioning right now--for the last four months I have only had a period every other month.

Needless to say, I had to move my ticker because of all the weight gain. I know most of it is water, but I still hate it! It is time to get in gear!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 12:37 PM   #75  
Never surrender

Morning ladies.

Sorry to hear about the laptop, Claire. You'd think they'd be able to put in locator chips to those things.

Gym felt great yesterday. I had to skip Sunday because of the blizzard. I think the new year crowds have started to trickle off. Not many people there for a Wednesday afternoon. I saw a flyer for upcoming scuba diving classes. I've always wanted to do that. I think I'd feel better trying it at a smaller size. I mentioned to Rob about getting a bike and he's like: you'll get hurt! And where will we keep it? I can see the last argument, not much bike room here.

I got my new jeans, smaller size, they look great. Nice, really really nice, to see the progress in the clothes.

Cooks Illustrated has a light recipe cook book now. I like their recipes, so I think I might get that. Nice to mix it up once in a while. We have a tendency to have about 3 to 4 dishes that we eat all the time.

Hope everyone's doing ok. Have a good one.