Old 02-05-2006, 10:39 AM   #16  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

We're finally up again! Yay!

Howie, Nancy and I went to the YMCA yesterday. While I walked on the indoor track, they went to the pool. Howie tried walking in the water a little, just wanting to get in there and float a little, but it was too much for him.

I didn't go over calories yesterday, a small but important personal victory. And I did try both models of eliptical machine (made it 2 minutes on the automated one, went walking, then made it a minute on the manual one LOL). My legs felt like noodles after my power walk and I wasn't up to having my butt kicked by that second machine. I did a few upper body machines and called it a day when Nancy found me and said Howie needed to go home.

He's got another UTI after the first one had just cleared up. He's on a different antibiotic now. He's so tired of feeling sick and weak, poor guy. He says his chest feels tight, but isn't sure if it's the muscles or his lungs. He can't decide if he wants to to wait and see our family doc tomorrow or go to the urgent care place today. It's not been a fun morning.
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 12:08 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Wow Kimberley - that is a pretty rough morning!! I sure hope Howie feels better soon, nothing is worse than a UTI. I'm sure you've considered these options before.. but thought I might remind yah, feed that boy acidophilis, it might help get some good bacteria where he needs it (I seem to recall UTI having something to do with bacteria? I might be mistaken tho). Josh had one UTI, and drank tons of sugar free cranberry juice, and lots of water, he said it really seemed to help. I'm sure its SO worse for Howie because he's not busy with work, something to keep his mind off things... maybe the superbowl today might help with that! I wish him a speedy recovery on this one!

Today is my last day of 5 in a row.. yay!! I was supposed to go to a birthday party last night... grr! These stupid antibiotics are STILL screwing with my system, I get some not nice tummy aches still. Tonight we are supposed go out after work again, I am determined not to be stopped! I'm still trying to get back on track with things, it's slow going! It's hard to go back to dieting when I've basically been eating whatever I want/can since Dec. I'm going to *try* and be patient with mysel.. it'll take time!

Well I am off to work! Have a good one!!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 12:40 PM   #18  
Howie6267's Honey

I know how hard it is to get back on track - that's where I've been myself. The acidophilus is the good bacteria our bodies have in the intestines. Are you taking it while on the antibiotic? That definitely helps.

Howie's feeling a little better, though still weak. The surgeon spoke with him last night and said to get an iron supplement since we don't eat much red meat. He thinks Howie's anemic (sure sounds like it). Tomorrow he'll get a CBC done at our family doctors' office.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:03 PM   #19  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone...

Kimberley: I hope Howie gets to feeling better...infections seem to just suck the life out of you! And good for you for keeping within your calories today! I wasn't so fortunate....

Aimee: Hooray for your "Friday"!! Enjoy your time off!

I'm down a couple of pounds today--hope I haven't messed up my loss for this week's weigh in!

We've been doing lots of talking about Alan's job offer in Iowa. We really do not want to leave Florida, but unless he can get his present employer to pay him what he is worth, then it leaves us no choice.
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 06:52 AM   #20  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Jen--wow, Iowa vs. Florida...talk about a drastic change! Of course, there's one woman on the 300+ board that just recently got married and moved from Florida to northern Canada It was funny to hear her talk about trying to buy long underwear and heavy winter coats in Florida

Ugh, UTIs...I had about a million of them growing up--never knew why. I actually ended up in the hospital for 5 days with a double kidney infection, so as much as UTIs suck, be glad to catch them before they get too bad! Maybe that's why I have such a strong liking for cranberry juice...

Had a pretty good weekend...I finally decided what I wanted Jeff to buy me with the money his mother sent us. We didn't have a matching bed set since my set was for a double bed, and we use Jeff's queen size bed now. We were just using some mix n match sheets and a heavy off-white cotton blanket--no comforter or bedspread or anything. So we went shopping on Saturday, and I found 3 sets I liked. We immediately ruled out one because it was microsuede, so it was dry-clean only...too high-maintenance for my tastes Then it was down to 2...one was kinda green, gold, and ivory, and the other was teals and tans. The greener one was $99.99 for the set (both included comforter, sheets, shams, and bedskirt), and the teal one was $199.99. Guess which one I liked more Jeff was like, "But the green one is fine, and the teal is $100 more!" but I just gave him the puppy dog eyes and said, "But I like the teal one." We got the teal one My mother and his mother had both bought us neutral-colored sheets (tan and off white), so I'm glad we found something that those will still work well with. Here's what our set looks like:
http://lnt.imageg.net/graphics/produ...p1890922dt.jpg
It makes me feel very grown-up to have something that's not like my bright and crazy college decor Plus Jeff likes that it's not girly--my last set was kinda shiny plum, maroon, and gold and had gold embroidered flowers, so he's definitely on board with this one

Okay, enough about the bedroom...I had a pretty good weekend food-wise, too. I went way overboard yesterday (we ordered pizza and had tortilla chips and dip while we watched the SuperBowl, but I minimized damage as much as possible--baked chips, turkey chili, and ff cream cheese for the dip...), but even with the nearly 3000 calories yesterday, my average for the past 7 days is still below 1800 Just gotta drink all the sodium away now
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 09:38 AM   #21  
Shairing her ESH...

Morning gals....

Jill, I'm in the same boat--up 2 lbs from yesterday, and I know it is from sodium intake from chips and salsa! I've already had about 40 oz of water, and plan to make this a BIG water day! My official weigh-in is tomorrow, so I'm keeping my calories low as well, and having very little carbs.

LOVE the bedclothes! What threadcount are your sheets? I'm determined to not buy threadcounts lower than 400 ever again. We've got a set of 400's now, and it feels very luxurious! I think I could easily become a threadcount addict!
Old 02-06-2006, 10:05 AM   #22  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

heh, I have NO idea what the thread count is! I think, though, that it said they were poly/cotton instead of 100% cotton. They are SO soft--not like the t-shirt kind because they are still very thick, but definitely softer and smoother than the clearance $5.99 sheets we'd been using Last time I invested in "good" sheets, I think they were 300 count. Before that, it was always Walmart or K-mart or whatever, where all the sheets are 200 or less, so whatever these sheets are, they must be higher because I LOVE them
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 11:21 AM   #23  
Howie6267's Honey

A recent issue of Consumer Reports has a story about sheets; it explains the differences in thread counts, fabrics used, etc. It rates various brands of them, too. Good reading! I just know the ones at Dea's were butter soft, just wonderful.

Howie's feeling better today, thank goodness. We're going to the doctor's office this afternoon and he'll get a blood test. The surgeon mentioned getting him on a maintenance dosage of antibiotic to be sure this infection's really licked.

Right after that, we're going to take a walk; though I think he needs to rest, he says his back feels better when he walks some.

Then....THEN I'm going to pick up a kitty from the shelter! It's been a pets kind of week, with my getting four African cichlids and two huge 12" plecostomus from someone who's moving. Only $15 for all the fish...Woo!

The kitty was called a Himalayan, but she's really not fuzzy enough. She could be Balinese, though. She's 8 months old and they're spaying her today. She's up-to-date on all shots and tested negative for FIV and feline leukemia.

Wednesday we'll head to Maryland.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:17 PM   #24  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Kimberley, hope Howie is doing better. It's mentally and emotionally stressful to feel so weak and not really know what's going on. I take iron supplements too, because I'm a little anemic. The first day I started taking them I felt so much more energetic, it was weird. I didn't realize what a difference that could make. (btw, those ellipticals are tough on me. I started out with 3 minutes and had the noodle legs too. I'm holding at 12 right now.)

Jen, sounds like there are a lot of positives to moving, if you even end up not doing that. And you two have the option to stay if you decide that Florida is where you want to be. Alan can keep sending out feelers in the area you're in while he's at the job he's at. Just a thought. BTW, I saw some story about the calories Americans consume on Superbowl Sunday, and it was some astronomical number, you're not alone.

Aimee, feel better, get that stomach back into the swing of things. I plugged in my foods to fitday this weekend and had a talk with Rob about meals since I'm determined to get back on track. So Saturday and Sunday went pretty well food and exercise wise, yeah!

Jill, you're making me itch to go buy stuff, heh heh. I need some new sweats. I love buying bedding. Pillows, blankets, sheets. We went into Sleepys this weekend and looked at beds. I've had in the back of my mind to get a new one. I love the wood bedframes. They're not cheap. When we're ready to get it, we'll know what we want.

Can you imagine getting a face transplant?? Sounds like something from Monty Python!
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 12:24 PM   #25  
Never surrender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardenwife
The kitty was called a Himalayan, but she's really not fuzzy enough. She could be Balinese, though. She's 8 months old and they're spaying her today. She's up-to-date on all shots and tested negative for FIV and feline leukemia.
awww! I'd love to see a pic. What's her name?
Old 02-06-2006, 01:42 PM   #26  
Howie6267's Honey

I'd rather get a tummy transplant than a face transplant. I'd donate my pooch to a needy anorexic.

I tried posting photos of the new critters, but they didn't upload. There wasn't a specific error, each attempt just said it didn't complete.
Old 02-06-2006, 02:11 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Goodmorning! It's still morning here!! I enjoyed sleeping in and knowing that I don't EVER need to get ready for work today Yay! Work was SO incredibly busy yesterday, it was odd.

Kimberley - glad to hear Howie is feeling a little better! It's amazing how walking helps back pain, I wonder how that works.. Josh gets back pain, and we often go for a little walk for that, he says it helps with headaches as well. Aww, I want a kitty! One that goes to the bathroom in the toilet tho.. You must show pictures when you get them!!

Jen - Wow... will it be hard to leave Florida if you must? I do NOT miss cold winters, every year I'm thankful to live on the West Coast of BC. I don't own a winter jacket, just fleece! It would be a little exciting, moving to a new place, exploring a new city!

Jill - I loooooooove bedding! I have 2 duvet's, a winter one and a summer one, tons of pillows, I just need a huge bed to go with it! Ahhh I love bed stuff! heh.

Marge - I guess it's pretty common to have stomach issues after taking strong antibiotics, so I'm going to work on balancing my stomach, I had planned on doing this detox which is used to balance your tummy. I think Josh wants to do a valentines day thing, so I don't want to start something that I'll end up cheating on.. I'm eating more veggies and fruit, it helping a bit. Here's the oddest part... I find if I'm eating fatty food it bothers my stomach less, perhaps it's all the fibre!

My scale is showing that I'm holding steady, which is good considering the pizza I ate yesterday! Oh, and the latte I had yesterday.. which literally tastes like you are drinking a cinamon bun! Mmmm, I want another!! They make them hot or blended... oh Starbucks.. guaranteed to make you fat!! Well I am off! Have a good one!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 03:57 PM   #28  
Never surrender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardenwife
I'd rather get a tummy transplant than a face transplant. I'd donate my pooch to a needy anorexic.
heh heh. Rob told me her dog did the damage to her face, yikes. I'd donate my thighs to anyone underendowed.

Aimee, I wonder if the fat coats your stomach? Yeah, I guess we'll probably do something for V-day too.... It's not my favorite holiday, I don't know why exactly. It gets so hyped.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:04 PM   #29  

Hey there - may I join your group? I don't know if there are requirements are anything, but to be on the safe side...
Claire de Ravin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 08:09 AM   #30  
Shairing her ESH...

Hi Claire...welcome! No requirements here, just jump in when you feel like it! We like to hear from everyone once a day if possible, mainly just to show we're still alive! LOL