Old 01-24-2006, 04:17 PM   #46  

I would love to join! I can use all the support I can get right now. I miss food and I have been crabby since this started but I am getting better and feeling a bit better now. One thing I am sure of it I WILL make it this time.. with all of us pulling for one another... how can we fail

chldomine.. American Idol auditions are the best! I laugh til I have tears in my eyes
mishakal30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 06:21 PM   #47  

Hello....

I never got a chance to weigh in yesterday, however I did do it this morning and I am up 1.5 lbs, I'm really dissapointed, but I know why I am, from Thursday on I was completely un-prepared, when I don't pre-plan meals, then I don't do well. A major issue I have is usually 3 times out of the week I end up working late, its never pre-planned so it throws everything off, I don't get home till 8:00 pm and by then I'm starving and I don't care what I have so long as I have food in my stomach, that's when I make poor choices. I was seeing a dietician and she suggested keeping pria bars in my desk drawer, just to hold me over, but then I would just eat all the Pria bars at once. Stress has alot to do with it as well, I eat when I'm stressed.

So anyways to make my long long story short, I need help in figuring out a better way, Because when I am not prepared for last minute changes like that then its like a rock rolling downhill, I'm tired when I get home so I don't exercise, and I truly believe that I would lose weight if I would exercise consistently, I just have not been able to do that. Any suggestions? What works for you all? I really want to be succesfull!!!! I'm sick and tired of thinking every summer, that I just want to feel good in shorts. I don't want to be self conscious anymore.

I'm at work right now so I'm going to try to wrap everything up so I can get home,,, husband is making dinner tonight (chicken of some sorts), he really does try to help out in that way but sometimes he doesn't get home till 5:30 or 6:00 and then you guys know how it is,,, kids homework, running them to Karate or soccer,, ect ect ect.......

At any rate any suggestions would be welcome, even if it is to tell me to stop whining and start doing,,,,,,,

By the way, Thank you Tina and Maureen for the birthday wishes and Maureen the advice, Birthday was good, DH took me out just me and him, went to dinner and a comedy club. My mother-in-law came over and watched the kids. DS still has the chicken pox's but it's almost gone, he's been so good about it.... Oatmeal baths and Calamyne lotion do wonders.

mishakal30, welcome, welcome welcome....

It is very nice to have another in the mix, and I can not wait to watch AI again tonight..... I love that show, I agree the auditions are the best, me and my DD laugh so hard sometimes our bellys hurt... is that considered some sort of exercise??

At any rate,, congratulations to everyone on their weight loss this week, I hope to be joining you next week in that celebration. And here's to a successful week!!!!
Chldomine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 10:08 AM   #48  

Good morning girls.

Andrea here's some ideas for when you work late (are you doing WW???):

1 buy a bag of pre-cooked grilled chicken strips (microwave them when you
get home and toss them on top of a pre-packaged bag of salad)
2 cook several baked potatoes at the beginning of the week so you have a
1/2 potato waiting to be heated up in the microwave.
3 buy some WW or Lean Cuisine frozen dinners (the turkey, stuffing & apple
dessert one is really good and I think 6 calories)
4 splurge on a small veggie tray w/ LF dressing to snack on while you
make dinner
5 replace a meal with a bowl of Special K or similar cereal w/ fresh fruit
on top.
6 Have cans of soup on hand
7 Make a red sauce with lots of vegetables and freeze portions. Then just
boil some pasta and micro the sauce
8 Have breakfast for dinner. Egg/Egg white omelette with low fat cheese
and whatever veggies are on hand with a couple pieces of toast
9 Stop and buy a 6" subway sandwich (my fav is grilled chicken, provolone,
L&T, olives, onions, banana peppers, roasted peppers and vinegar) 8 pts?

If I think of anymore, I'll write them later. I of course am better at giving advice than following it

Welcome Mishakal! I watched some of AI last night. Rhonetta was a piece of work wasn't she. Although (don't hit me) I'm not a big country music fan, I did like the skinny blonde girl who lived with her grandfather. There were several others I liked but couldn't see the TV from where I was. (I made LF rice pudding last night, came out pretty good but I think I cooked it a litle too much).

menu: B: cereal w/ blueberries, tea L: 1/2 banana, Lean Cuisine & 3 rice cakes, D: london broil, 1/2 potato S: 5 graham crackers & tea!! (while waiting for dinner), couple spoonfuls of rice pudding
Used all points, not much water, no exercise, no vitamins

Boss called in sick again today!!! I found a great link on WW crockpot recipes, I'll try to find it and share, it's on this site somewhere.

Maureen
MoNewEngland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 10:25 PM   #49  

Default Thursday night

Hi girls, it seems like no one has been around lately. I hope everyone is well. I did good today eating especially seeing I didn't go to work. My tooth/mouth started feeling better yesterday but I went to the dentist anyway. He said my teeth looked ok, no infection and the x-ray didn't show any dead nerves but if it hurts again in the future I may need a root canal.

I did some grocery shopping in the morning and hit some consignment stores in the afternoon before the kids got home from school. Lands End is having a big clearance sale, I just got a lot of great buys for the kids.

No breakfast before dentist, 2 rice cakes at lunchtime, 6" subway sub. No dinner but I made fat free muffins and had one of those and I ate 1 chicken nugget and about 4 french fries. Tomorrow is an indoor barbeque at school so I'll try to be good (I wrapped up the cupcakes I had to make real quick)! I know they're having veggie burgers but I don't know if I'll be that good.

I got some good bargains today. I picked up a nice old cake platter, canister set, Abercrombie and Fitch vest for DH, and a few items for the kids. Just after Christmas I bought 35 items from the Salvation Army for $1.00 a piece. My niece (size 2!) took 15 pairs of shorts, all abercrombie, jcrew, gap, etc. my daughter and husband got the rest. I wish I had the energy and ambition to put stuff on eBay again to make some cash...just enough to pay for my shopping "habit"!

Does anyone have an MP3 player? I found a website called netlibrary.com that offers free audiobook downloads. You have to sign up through your local library and the offerings are limited because it's new, but I've downloaded several already.

Well, have a great night, I hope to hear from everyone soon!
Old 01-27-2006, 09:44 AM   #50  

Default Friday

Hello.....is anybody there
Old 01-27-2006, 10:13 AM   #51  
Started again Aug 21, 09

S/C/G: 237/204/165

Height: 5'9"

I'm still here, just had a really busy week and been focused elsewhere. Its good though, because I've still been doing really well on my dieting, but without having time to obsess about it. (Which I frequently do!)

I bought a new car this week - traded in my Toyota Highlander for a 06 Civic Ex. It's going to be an adjustment, but also a big adjustment in the wallet!

Today is jeans day Friday and for the first time in weeks, my jeans aren't tight! Yeah! These are 18's, but I have another pair of 18's that fit much smaller - I'll hopefully be back in those by Valentines! I have gotten on the scale and finally seen notable downward movement, but I won't do an official weigh-in until Monday.

Hope everyone's still lurking around - please post when you get a chance and have a healthy low-cal/low-points weekend!
tinabinab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 03:35 PM   #52  

Default Friday

wish me luck, I'm going to a school event tonight. I only had 10 points so far today and haven't used any of my bonus points this week or last. I'll look up how much a hot dogs is, I'd really enjoy one of those....I'll try to steer clear of the baked goods. I might make biscotti this weekend, I found a recipe that has only 1 point per piece.
Old 01-29-2006, 12:36 AM   #53  

I'm still here as well, just been a really busy week. I was in training this week at work, we're getting a new computer system so it was pretty intense training, m-friday 9 - 5:30 everyday. We were provided breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday, so I'm not looking for a weight loss on Monday, I tried to do well and I think I made the best choices I could with what I was offered. We had Panera Bread one day and I had a turkey sandwhich (but I did eat the Kettel chips that came with it) We had Italian one night and I ordered eggplant Parmesan, It wasn't deep fried like some are and not completely covered in Mozzarella (although there was alot) all I can do is get back and try again. I did work out twice this week which is more than I thought I would considering my crazy schedule, I felt so bad, on Thursday although training ended at 5:30 I had to stay to catch up on my work that I have gotten behind on over the week, my DD had to miss Karate because it starts at 5:00 and I wasn't able to get her there on time, well come to find out she was supposed to get promoted that night...... I felt like such a heel. She wasn't as upset as I thought she would of been, she was just happy to get the promo, however I know she wanted to be there.

Well, I'm reallllyyyyy tired. so I'm going to hit the sack. Pistons vs Lakers game tommorow, I'll be there with the family.......we are going to eat before we go so we don't hit the concession stand while we're there.

Have a very happy Sunday and good luck to everyone on Monday!!!
Old 01-29-2006, 04:32 PM   #54  

Default Sunday

Hi girls,

Tina congrats on the new car and better fitting jeans!

Andrea: I didn't do so well eating yesterday, it's hard when you're away from home and not planning your own meals. We went to NY yesterday to visit some friends and I had a salad and a piece of an italian combo sub (luckily the deli that delivered the food had the subs cut into about 2" slices so I had just one). I passed on dessert initially but then ended up finishing the chocolate mousse cake that my son didn't finish. After that we went and visited some of DH cousins that live near our friends and they ordered pizza and subs also! I had one slice of pizza and skipped the apple pie! Oh, I ate two cookies when we got home at 11 p.m. (they sent us with a goody bag )

I'm trying to get on track today because I weigh in tomorrow. I did a sneak weigh and it didn't look like much

I'll check in tomorrow. DH is making grilled chicken tonight so hopefully we'll have enough leftover for lunch or dinner tomorrow. I bought a spiral ham too, I have to go check the points for ham. Have a nice night and I hope everyone else checks in soon.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:14 AM   #55  

Default Weigh In Monday morning

Good Morning!!

Well I weighed in and gained 2 lbs, I am now at 193.5, normally this is where I would be getting discouraged and going to find something to eat, but I know that I've had some challenges to overcome, with computer training and having chocholate pushed at me all day everyday for a week (The trainers were using chocholate as prizes for answering questions correctly) to working late and trying to figure out how to overcome the stress eating.... I just decided starting this week, I have to realize that this is a lifestyle change, I can't have seconds anymore, I shouldn't eat until I'm completely stuffed and can't move. And when I feel stressed at work, I'm going to chew gum, (we'll see how that does!!!!) I know that I'm going to be working late all this week so I've packed extra vegetables and fruit in my lunchbox. I've also started buying frozen smart ones for lunch to help me with my portion sizes. that is always a struggle for me. I think I'm going to start posting my menu like Maureen does in order to keep me honest.

At any rate, I've got to get to work, but I hope everyone does well with their weigh in today and heres to healthy eating and a new lifestyle.... (maybe if I quit drinking I'd lose weight,,,, he he well that wouldn't be anyfun!!!!)
Old 01-30-2006, 10:42 AM   #56  

Default Judgement Day

Happy Monday girls:

Well I lost 1 lb. I was hoping for more, but I'll take it! DH lost 4 more lbs! I'm going to have to exercise to accelerate this weight loss. Maybe I'll start walking at lunch. Two of my friends at work transfered to another building, one of them would have walked with me. I kind of keep to myself at work because most of the employees work on machinery and I work in the office upstairs and there aren't many office people around. I guess I'm old enough to work by myself though aren't I I'm always looking for excuses.

Sunday: B: FF blueberry muffin L: rice cake, granola bar, yogurt D: chicken breast w/ salsa, brocolli, baked potato S: two spoonfuls of DS ice cream and a couple of bites while making the kids lunch (ham, cheese, etc.) Points: 26 Exercise: No Vitamins: No Water: maybe a quart?

I hope everyone else is just busy and nothings wrong. I'll check in later. Have a great week. Hopefully my weight chart is updated and appearing.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:09 AM   #57  
Started again Aug 21, 09

S/C/G: 237/204/165

Height: 5'9"

Default It's Monday, again...

Hiya ladies. I see that we're all facing similar challenges as we go through this, and I can honestly say that having our own little support group has definitely been helpful for me.

Andrea - that is a great attitude. You had a tough week, and you still managed to work out a couple nights - that is awesome! I've been using the gum technique myself - esp to keep myself away from the candy jars that are EVERYWHERE at my office. I really like that Orbitz orange - the flavor stays a long time. I was going through about 1/2 pack a day when I started, but have started to lessen that as I get used to eatting differently.

After three weeks of no movement on the scale, I weighed in this morning and am "officially" down 2 lbs. It was a little more than that few days ago though, so I'm hiding the scale this week so I can't obsess about it. I took DD to a birthday party on Saturday and could not resists the "Costco" cake they were serving. I have ZERO willpower against those. I served a costco cake at my daughters birthday party last year and literally gained 5 lbs that week from eatting the leftovers. It's so good it is definitely a sin - this year I'm going to have to serve something I don't like so much.

I was also terrible about recording my points/calories this weekend, and I'm sure I was WAY over even without the cake.

Anyway, I'm glad that it is Monday though because I focus so much better during the work week than I do on the weekends. DH means well, but his idea of dieting is Atkins and it just blows my points out of proportion eatting all those fatty meats. He did bake a chicken yesterday and it was awesome! I highly recommend those "drunk" chicken bakers - its always so moist and tasty! We'll be having leftovers tonight, so that is good.

I better get back to work now. Here's to another week and a new beginning - and to learning to forgive ourselves and move on.
tinabinab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 10:31 PM   #58  

Default Monday night

Hi girls, I'm going to bed but I'm very hungry. I wish I was more tired so I could sleep and forget about being tempted to go hit the kids snack drawer This is my worst time of day, my sweet tooth really wants something. I'll try to read and doze off. Last night DH heard my stomach growling when we were in bed! I ate all my points today so it's not like I'm banking too much. Oh well, I guess I'll go count some sheep.....with my luck they'll be jumping over a fire pit smothered with garlic, rosemary and olive oil
Old 01-31-2006, 09:00 AM   #59  

Default Tuesday

Well, I made it to bed without eating (see last post).

Monday: B: cereal w/ blueberries, tea L: grapes, 1 biscotti, few shrimp, 3 rice cakes D: chicken w/ salsa, brocolli & baked potato w/ LF sour cream S: granola bar Exercise: none Vitamins: none Water: hardly any
(and I wonder why I have no energy and aren't losing a lot )

My boss is away today. I wish I brought in sneakers and I could have walked before or after lunch. I used to go to a mostly deserted stairwell and go up and down two flights for about 10 minutes. I had a few girls who did it with me so I had company. I don't know if I could do that myself though, maybe too boring Last night on my way home I heard a disco song and I regretted that I don't know how to dance. I bet that would be great exercise and fun. Has anyone heard of geocaching? It's like a treasure hunt on hiking trails, someone hides a box with a personalized rubber stamp in it. They then post the coordinates of the box and you go and find it and stamp your own book with their stamp and leave them a piece of paper with your stamp on it. I guess it's done worldwide. I was thinking of trying it with the kids for some exercise. We tried it once last year at the trails near our house but we couldn't find the box.

I hope everyone is doing good on their eating this week.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:19 AM   #60  

Default Great quote...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinabinab
Hiya ladies. I see that we're all facing similar challenges as we go through this, and I can honestly say that having our own little support group has definitely been helpful for me.

Here's to another week and a new beginning - and to learning to forgive ourselves and move on.

Just got to say that I agree with you Tina, this support group is helping me as well, I haven't lost weight yet,,, however I know I will and I'm staying focused this week and like you said I'm learning to forgive myself for mistakes, its about changing my lifestyle and not just about losing the weight. (and I'm going to try the Orbitz gum, orange sounds yummy)

Maureen congrats on the weight loss by the way, you too Tina, something is better than nothing right?? And you are headed in the right direction and that is the important part.... soo heres a little dance for you all.

I did o.k. yesterday, Boss travels alot so she brought in our Valentines day treats early, she gave us each a small red bucket filled with Reese's peanut butter cups (my personal fav) and Hersey's kisses. I did end up having two (I threw the rest of them in the trash, I had to or else I would of ate them all!!!!!!), but I was pleasantly surprised to see that they were only 4 points for 2. I wasn't sure if that was correct so I just doubled that and gave myself 8 points. I was still within my points range so I was very happy...... I also did the bike last night for 30 minutes, I hope to keep that up everyday this week, we'll see how that goes, I didn't work as late yesterday as I thought I would have to so I came home at around 6:30 ate dinner (4 potato and broccoli perogis with 1 tbl FF sour Cream 6 points) went and rode the bike for 30 minutes while watching some goofy show on tv, and then I sat and played with my DS for the rest of the night. Maureen, I get hungry at night too, the time between 9:00 - 11:00 I'm very snacky, what I've been doing is buying FF whipped cream (in the can) and I've been making myself a cup of Sugar-Free Hot Chocolate with a squirt of the whipped cream on top and it actually satisfies my snackiness. I wanna say its like 2 points, at least that is what I've added it up as. I like to have sweets after I eat dinner,,,

At any rate I should get to work, I've been here for 40 minutes and have managed to do nothing........I'm alittle hungry right now as well, I had a cup of Oatmeal with splenda and 1/3 cup of Craisens for breakfast, which usually fills me up, but for some reason it isn't today, so I'll crack open my vegetable juice and give it a swig maybe that'll help.

Hope you all have a great day,,,,,,, (what happened to everyone else????) and good luck with your choices.....