Old 01-20-2006, 10:58 AM   #31  

Default Tgif!!!

Hi ladies:

It looks like we'll have a lot of news on Monday with the weigh ins!! This is my first weekend on the diet and I hope I hang tough. Being around the house is dangerous for me I've really not been trying hard enough on drinking water. I didn't exercise last night either

Thursday menu:
cereal w/blueberries, tea, turkey sandwich, yogurt, cocoa, 2 rice cakes, chicken, green beans, baked potato, mini bagel w/ 1 Tbs cream cheese, tea
Points: all 26! Vitamins: yes Water: hardly any Exercise: none

My first 3 days were pretty good, I even saved alot of points, yesterday I was really hungry and used all 26. Karen: Are you sure I can eat all 35 flex points free and clear? I'm afraid to use them!

We don't have anything planned for this weekend, DH has some work to do so maybe I'll try to do some cleaning, the house is still a mess. The whole house needs cleaning but I really need to pull the furniture away from the walls (I hate sectionals) and vacuum up the mounds of toys/wrappers/junk my kids drop between the cushions in the family room.

We remodeled almost a year ago and I still have not decorated, the house is such a hodge podge of furniture, nothing matches...I need decorating guidance badly!! I like the cottage style look but am not organized or brave enough (or rich enough) to take the plunge and start buying and decorating. I really need to pick a style and stick with it. I just collect things I like with no real theme. I still haven't even hung curtains over my sliding doors yet....I did buy some though a couple of weeks ago! Can someone send their foot to Connecticut to kick me in the A$$?

DH wants to know if after a week or so will his appetite be lessened. I told him I thought yes, but he doesn't believe me, he wants to hear it from you! Looking forward to everyones posts. Maybe this Monday weigh-in will help us be good over the weekend!

Maureen
MoNewEngland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 09:03 AM   #32  

Default ahhhh!!!!!!

I've had a very bad Thursday and Friday,,,, I worked till 8 both nights, so when I came home thursday we ended up ordering a pizza (didn't excersise) I was so hungry I didn't even care what was on it. I should of ordered a thin crust cheese pizza but I didn't, instead I got a cheese, hamburger and green pepper. I would of been o.k. if I hadn't ate 4 pieces. I couldn't stop myself I was soooooo hungry........ Then Friday, I was coming home at around 8, my husband calls and tells me to stop and pick something up on the way home..... I could of went to Subway, buttt noooooo I had to have a single with cheese at Wendy's. I was hungry...... usually my husband would cook if I worked that late but my little guy has the chicken pox so needless to say he's been a little busy. Today is my birthday, so I'm getting ready to meet my mother-in-law for breakfast. We get along very well so its always a treat to be with her. She's taking me to Cracker Barrel, so I need to stay focused and pick something some what healthy on the menu, is there anything? Husband is taking me out for Indian food tonight, I'm not real concerned about that, I'll stick with the chicken and be o.k., its the cake and ice cream that comes after....... how do you say no? I just need to make sure I excersise today. Wish me luck!!!!!! I think I need it right now!
Chldomine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 08:45 PM   #33  

Default Saturday Night

Good evening girls:

Andrea: First of all....Happy Birthday! Hope your DS is feeling better soon and isn't too itchy! You can't worry about what you ate now, the only thing you can do is take each day at a time. So you had a bad day with the pizza, it happens. The Wendy's probably wasn't that bad. Enjoy your birthday dinner.

My kids had McDonalds Friday night and DH and I had subway which was ok, but I had a 3 Musketeer afterwards, I counted the points and didn't go over, I just felt guilty afterwards. I haven't exercised officially but I've been cleaning the house. I need to plan more meals. Tonight I had nothing ready and we had to eat omelettes and toast. It was still within my points but probably not the healthiest choice. I have 6 points left for the day and I'm sure I'll have a snack with my tea during our movie tonight.

We may have company from out of town tomorrow and if they stop we'll probably go out for lunch. Maybe they'll just stop for coffee.... Anyone have any ideas for meals? DH is planning for a couple of nights of fish, but I really don't like it. Maybe I'll do turkey sloppy joes or make a pork tenderloin when he has his fish because he doesn't like either one of them.

Well have a nice weekend, I can't wait to weigh in on Monday!
Old 01-22-2006, 12:42 PM   #34  

Default got the flu!! Yuck

Ok hi everyone sorry I got on in while but I got the flu from my kids on friday and saturday. It is really hard to know what to eat when your on a diet and don't feel like eating right. But I stuck with it and feel much better today. I had a taco salad last night for my free dinner. I allow myself one time a week to have a free meal. It tasted really good. So today I'm back on my diet and just need to get some exercise in today. Hopefully I will feel like it, still pretty tired from being sick. I hope everyone weekend went better then mine. Good luck to everyone that is going to weigh in tomorrow!! Cindy
Stuckinasumosuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 10:56 PM   #35  

Just a quick good night. I weigh in tomorrow, I better kneel next to my bed and pray before I go to sleep!
I did more shopping today with DH so I'm stocked up on fruit and veggies, he wont shop with me but Costco is an exception to the rule!

I'm off to bed soon, I waited up to bid on a game for my son on eBay. The things we do for love!
Old 01-23-2006, 12:05 AM   #36  
One day at a time!

Height: 5'4"

Hello ladies!

I have had a busy weekend and didn't get much down time--and the times I had time my dh was dominating the PC so I couldn't get on to type a message. Now its about time to go to bed, but I thought I would stop in before that! Finally, I can catch my breath! I just ran around a lot this weekend being the Mom taxi and did some shopping. I did stock up on some healthy snacks tonight at the grocery store. I have been talking to my girls a lot about eating healthy and I think they are starting to get it (not that I am a total expert). I just want them to understand that they need to eat more fruits and veggies and less junk. I think that helps keep things in balance--plus know what is a healthier choice from just about anywhere--and that we can find better choices even at McD's or when ordering pizza. One of my girls thought drinking fruit punch was healthy--and I had to explain that was the same as drinking a soda in terms of calories. Unless you are having a real fruit drink with no sugar added...you know what I mean! That reminds me, I did get to have one of my favorite healthy drinks from Tropical Smoothie Cafe while running around this weekend. I love the "Sunny Day" smoothie with splenda. Its worth 3 points I think and is really good and filling. Yummy. When I have things like that I don't even feel a bit deprived. And I think that is the kind of thing that will help to find long term success, when it still feels like food is just as enjoyable as it ever was--if not more when you know it is truly good for you.

Well, I guess that is about enough from my ramblings for the night! Hope you all are ready for a good week!

~Karen in Ohio
krngallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 09:54 AM   #37  

Default Week 2 Start

Good morning ladies!

DH lost 7+ lbs and he's very happy! I lost 3 lbs which I am happy with (although when I first got on the scale it said 7!, I weighed myself about four more times to be sure it was just 3 lbs!)

I think I forgot to post my menus the last few days but here's yesterday:
B: coffee, cereal w/ blueberries, L: two bites of london broil and 1/2 non-fat frozen yogurt at Costco, D: chicken sausage & 1/2 baked potato w/ LF sour cream and green onions, S: 1 1/2 sheets graham crackers, 1 chocolate chip cookie.
Water: maybe 32 oz., Exercise: shopping?, Vitamins: no

I bought some chicken, spinach, feta sausage at Costco that's 3 points a link, it's pretty tasty. I also bought turkey burgers, I hope they taste ok. I stocked up on red and green grapes, blueberries, apples, bananas, clementines and lite canned fruit. I had two samples of London broil at Costco, I got the last package of it and if the points are too high, it will be a quick "real" meal for the kids. Last week I gave them soup one night and ham and eggs another night...is that bad?

My sister sent away for the WW info on eBay, I'm trying to convince my mother to do it also.

Delicious but expensive snack idea!!: shrimp cocktail 10 ex-large shrimp w/ cocktail sauce is only about 2 points!! I bought a 2 lb. bag at Costco and divided them up in sandwich bags.

Well my tooth has been killing me all weekend, I guess it's not sinus related. I need to call my dentist who retired but is working part-time. I'll procrastinate I'm sure as I am petrified of the dentist. He even gives me laughing gas before novacaine for a filling

My kids had school today even though most of the state is off because of snow. My son kept checking the TV before he left We only had rain but most of the state has snow. Of course I drive to work toward the snow so it should be fun driving home.

I'm really glad my husband lost a lot because he was very discouraged the first few days. Yesterday he said that he thinks WW is "10 times better than Atkins". I think because he came home filled with guilt for eating a piece of coffee cake at my mothers and when I told him to just count the points he was relieved. It was a 12 pt snack but he just cut back on his dinner and ate more fruits and veggies. His buying into this will definitely help me along the journey. I also taught him how to use the slide ruler.

I'll check in later (the boss called in sick today so I'll be bored!!)
Old 01-23-2006, 11:25 AM   #38  
Started again Aug 21, 09

S/C/G: 237/204/165

Height: 5'9"

Default My husband is a feeder!!!

Hiya all! Hope you had a great weekend!

Andrea - Happy belated Birthday! Hope it was a good one!

Maureen - Congrats to you and DH again! That is awesome!!!!

As for me, I discovered that my DH is a feeder! I did so well on Saturday when I was on my own most of the day, but yesterday was a whole other story. DH (who does 99% of the cooking in our home and had taken a little trip to the grocery store on Sat - ugh) made eggs, bacon, toast and jelly for breakfast, macaroni and cheese for lunch, and then (this was the killer!) Ribs and twice baked potatoes for dinner on Sunday! OMG - I did well on portion sizes, but I know it was a BAD day calorie/points wise. I'm afraid to even calculate it! DH says he's back on program this week, so I'll have to kick butt if he plans to cook like that again!

I am down .5 lb, but after having such a great week last week, I was hoping for more. Sunday just killed me, and I'm afraid the true effects haven't shown up yet. :/ For now I am celebrating even a small loss though and trying not to be discouraged. (After all, I could have made myself alternate meals yesterday but didn't...)

Here's to another week!
tinabinab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 12:55 PM   #39  
One day at a time!

Height: 5'4"

Hi all,

Just checking in real quick on my lunch break...and wanted to chime in with my weigh in. I lost 2 pounds so I am happy with that. As long as the scale moves down--that is the way to go! Hope you are having a good day!

~Karen in Ohio
krngallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 01:48 PM   #40  

Default Hi girls.

Tina, I just realized we're the same weight now. Let's have a race to 199! Karen, congrats on the weight loss
I'm in agony with this tooth ache. It looks like i'm going to have to break down and call a dentist I'm such a chicken....correction "fat chick!"
Old 01-23-2006, 03:31 PM   #41  
Started again Aug 21, 09

S/C/G: 237/204/165

Height: 5'9"

Hehehe, yes lets race to onederland!!!

Kudos Karen!!!

I just got back from the gym - did 30 mins on the elliptical machine. I've been having some spotting after I exercise - anyone know what thats all about?

Anyone else using nutridiary? (like FitDay) I was just wondering if its worth the $20/yr to upgrade to Plus?

Anyway, hope you're all having a healthy low calorie/points day!!!
tinabinab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 10:42 AM   #42  

Default Daily Check In

Hi girls, nothing much new here, it's quiet because the boss called in sick again

Monday menu: B: cereal, tea L: shrimp, chicken sausage, yogurt
D: 3/4 chicken breast, 1/2 potato w LF sour cream & onions
S: 1 cookie and 2 graham crackers...I should have stopped there because my points were used up but I was cranky and hungry and ate a small bowl of cereal, so I was about 3 points over my daily allotment. I subtracted them from my bonus points:
W: a couple of bottles, Vitamins: took 1/2, gagged on others, Exercise: none
I really need to sleep better, exercise and get some energy, I've been very lazy yesterday and today. It's only 10:30 a.m. and I'm daydreaming of going home and crawling into bed.

Tina: great job on the exercise, I'm not familiar with the websites you mention so I'm no help. Not sure about the spotting either, it's not that time of the month coming up is it, I do know that diet and exercise can alter the cycle. I just had my period a few weeks ago after not having it for 5 months, I've always been irregular but I guarantee as soon as I lose about 15 more pounds, I'll start getting it almost regularly. Hopefully I'll get my sex drive back too when I lose more weight!

Have a great day, I have to wait till Thursday to see my dentist, although it doesn't hurt as much today as it did yesterday. I think the advils are helping.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:42 AM   #43  

why isn't my weight chart showing up...I just noticed that.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:43 AM   #44  

is it because my posts are too long?
Old 01-24-2006, 01:35 PM   #45  

Help!!! I'm so hungry today and my lunch didn't cut it. I want something fattening like a cookie to console me! I'll have a rice cake and cross my fingers!