Old 09-06-2006, 04:53 PM   #976  

Default Ww

I weighed in last night and lost 1/2 a pound. I guess that's better than gaining 1/2 a pound.
serena37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 08:42 PM   #977  

Catherine- OMG that's a lot to go on at once. Bless your heart! Keep us posted on everything. I know what you mean about getting to the gym - I always feel so much better after working out, but sometimes just getting there is the challenge.

Kim - hey! Have you thought about getting a paralegal certificate? I was a paralegal beforeI got married and made $40k, PLUS 6 weeks paid vacation, PLUS full paid health benefits. It was a great job, very rewarding, and I loved it. I think anything that you are interested in will be worthwhile. Keep us posted!!!

Serena - 1/2 pound lost is great!!! Just imagine, if every week we could lose .5 lb we'd be 26 pounds lighter every year!!! I'd love that.

Nori - enjoy the wedding!! You'll have to post pictures when you can.

Have a fabulous weekend everyone!!!!
marinemommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 12:18 PM   #978  

Default Hey

I can already tell this week is gonna be a bad one. I lost my journal already and didn't really keep up with yesterdays points. Not to mention on the night of weigh in I'm having a pampered chef party. The food is always too good, and too fattening. I'd say about 90% of their recipes have either crescent rolls, cream cheese or both. I had to take my middle son to the emergency room last night. He was shaking my mothers shelf and one of her heavy objects fell on him and he had the biggest knot on his forehead. Now his forehead is just bruised real bad. They did an xray of his head to make sure it didn't crack anything. it makes me feel so horrible though cause he's 3 years old and that was his 3rd xray. When he was 5 months old he had a horrible reaction to something (we still don't know what to) and his body swole up twice his size and then was just bruised all over so they took a chest xray and this past winter he got really sick and was having respitory problems so they took another chest xray. When I took him in the xray room and laid him on the table the technician said most kids are screaming by now and he just started laughing and couldn't stop. Anyway, he fine. I feel like I spend half my time at the doctors though. I've had all 3 boys to the doctor in the past 3 weeks and now that the 2 o lder boys are in preschool I'm sure it's only gonna get worse.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:41 PM   #979  

Well, it is the end of another work week. I get to sleep past three AM tomorrow. Who-Hoo! I haven't done much with the diet or exercise except think about it. Pretty pitiful! I need to adjust my ticker since I binged some of that weight back on. I guess I am just hoping it will magically go back away. My son is loving 6th grade. i am so glad that he is doing well in Middle school so far. My daughter seems to have matured a lot this summer also. I guess helping to take care of my mom will do that. They had a few close calls with her this summer. My daughter is so afraid she is dying and we have not even told her yet. Her and my mom are very close. Well, I need to end and get to the bus stop, will check in this weekend. Thanks all for the welcome back.
Catherine
jamamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 12:29 PM   #980  

Default Ww

Where is everybody?!
I did not go to weigh in Tuesday cause I had a pampered chef party that night and didn't really have time to get there. Boy am I paying for it now. I probably gained all 8 pounds back. I've been sick the past 2 days and feel absolutely horrible. Nothing tastes good so you would think I would stop eating. Anyway, hope every one is doing well.
Old 09-15-2006, 08:21 AM   #981  

S/C/G: 250/249/150

Height: 5' 7

hey serena..I'm here... with school back in I am just a crazy mom getting things back into a routine... I have put about 4 lbs backon and need to remotivate myself... plus I threw my back out about 3 weeks ago and for about 4 days i couldn't even stand up straight and now it is happening again.. so exercise is at a nil... I will promise today...
NO SUGARY FOODS
1 Serving a day ONLY of processed food.. like bread, pasta, rice, pretzels.. I find i incorporate too much grab and go comfort stuff...
Journal.. daily
drink more water
ok so that's a start.. anyone else.. for one week committ to something... and hopefully it will be something u decide to recommit each week...
slimkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 08:22 AM   #982  

PS I have to change my ticker to read 233..yikes!!!!
Old 09-15-2006, 12:54 PM   #983  

Default hey

I would probably do better during the week if I didn't eat so much bread but I usually do whats quickest. Cereal for breakfast, sandwich for lunch, one of my quick little pita pizza's for a mid afternoon snack and whatever for dinner. Lots of bread during the day. None of us eat the same things so I say why cook. My kids won't eat hardly anything. So they usually get fish sticks for lunch or dinner. My husband likes red meat. I would prefer fish or chicken so we never eat together. Which is something I swore would never happen. Before we had kids, I had this image of a family that eats together and talk and whatever but it's not turning out that way. We eat what we can, when we can, where ever we can.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:28 AM   #984  

Default Back and bigger than ever!

Hello ladies.

I've been avoiding this site because my eating has been so bad. I got the courage to get on the scale today and I was 212.2 just about where I started from. DH has kept off most of his weight but not all. I did find my pedometer today and will try to walk 3 miles throughout the day.

I did a bit of walking at our town fair yesterday but I also ate apple crisp and a chowder bread bowl! I'm looking for some support and encouragement so I thought I'd poke my head in.

Catherine: I'm so glad you're back. I'm sorry to hear about all the troubles but it sounds as if you're moving forward.

Serena: great going on the 8 lbs!! I'm seriously thinking of going to WW meetings. I was thinking that could be my one night out to walk with my girlfriend who lives in that town.

I wanted my bike so much and I have hardly ridden it. I'm so dependent on other people to do things and to be happy. I really need the courage to do things on my own and attempt to enjoy myself and my company. I can't even chose a paint color without consulting 10 people. I contacted a local book group and am trying to get the courage to meet them on 10/17. They said they were a "group of professionals in their 20's and 30's". I don't know if I'll feel comfortable, I'm always so afraid I'll sound ignorant...I guess that's why I dont socialize much. Maybe this will be my first step....

Nori, Sarah, Kim, hello and I'll be talking to you all a lot more hopefully.

P.S. I forgot my cigarettes at home today. Do I dare try to quit smoking and start re-dieting on the same day! LOL
MoNewEngland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 12:23 PM   #985  

Default Tuesday

Hi ladies. I hope all is well. I just wanted to check in. I did 1 mile of walking at work yesterday and rode my bike for about a mile last night (went to get bread at the store so I pedaled my big arse down to the local market).

I had a few cigarettes and ate like a normal person...not diet food but normal quantities

Mo
MoNewEngland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 12:03 PM   #986  

Default Ww

I weighed in last night. I lost another half a pound. It took 2 weeks to do it but woo hoo. Of course I thought for sure I had gained.
Old 09-21-2006, 04:56 PM   #987  

Post howdy do?

Hello ladies! Well I have still not had the guts to get on the scale! I know I have gained so much back. I want to lose it but I become so discouraged. I try to please everyone else first before me. I feel guilty if I don't put them first. Then of course I feel guilty because I can't do everything I think I should be doing for them anyways. I had a total breakdown at the counselers yesterday. Of course that was my last visit with her. She got a new job and I have to go to someone new. She is trying to help me not smoke the cigs. I keep telling her that is the worse of the two evils for me. The cigs or the binge eating! I am just loving a regular roller coaster ride.

Mo, I am so glad to see you here. I have missed you! You can do it! You are stronger than me. than of course I am stronger than I think I am too.

To everyone else keep up all the good work. Talk to you later!

catherine
jamamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 06:26 PM   #988  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Hello Ladies! I know I've been gone since before my sister's wedding - what 2 weeks now. Wedding was beautiful and sweet! DH has started his 5th quarter of nursing school, the girls started part-time daycare since his classes are in the afternoon now and I work in the afternoon.

I hadn't weighed myself in awhile now and had gotten out of my normal exercise routine. This am I was 225.5 Ugh. Oh well...we went for a hike this am and I've been on track. I'm thinking of it as "starting over". A couple months ago I'd gotten down to 218.5, but the only think I can do is start when I am doing it right. January will roll around so soon and I know this year will have been a success for each of us. It's about the journey and learining from our experiences. I hope to find balance, so when things change all around me (my routine...travel...) the things that need to NEVER change don't - like eating healthy and exercise.

Hope we can get more regular here again I need the check-ins, I know! Missed you all this summer!
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 05:09 PM   #989  

Mo.. you are doing great with the exercise committment!!

Serena.. I read your post about the xray.. lol.. not funny but reminded me of the time I had poision control on speed dial cause my son was always swallowing stuff and I had to keep calling them.. then my other son who is 11 months younger than the other one.. was in the hospital 2 x within 1 week!! he was only about 4.. scled the entertainment unit and pulled a big tv down onto his chest then 1 week later.. (same er nurse too) he climbed all the way to the top of a pine tree on the side of our 2 story house and fell thru the branches and he scratched his ..i think cornia... it healed in a day.. but he was always getting into stuff..fearless!! he's was a little squirt too.. oh well i can relate!! see you all around!
Let's all be losers!!!!!!!!!! Kim
Old 09-24-2006, 05:10 PM   #990  

Hi Everyone... Sorry I have been missing a bit.. but we all know the story.. gain some weight and we just don't feel like sharing that with everyone.. so that is where i am.. I was down to 227-228 and now back up to 234.. baaaaad girl.. it is like my body does not want to get into the next size!.. or my mind.. so ok what is my motivation??? i need it to be something really strong to keep me on track.. My house has a ton of junk food..my kids eat it and i seem to mindlessly shove it in my mouth at times.. when i wander looking..like a bear foraging for food for the winter..hahaha
My immediate goal or short term is to get under 200.. that is 34 short pounds away.. so
*I commit to weighing in routinely.. keeping track of it..
*Counting points, as I don't know what else to try...
*No eating after 8 pm....
*Drink at least 64 oz water(closer to 80)
*No junk food during the week, save for limited amount on weekend.
*Make a big pot of 1 pt ww soup have on hand.

Nori.. glad you had fun.. i must have fell off the same wagon..lol glad to see we're back on..
Sarah.. thanks for the info.. I am still considering all my options.. thanks..
Catherine,, glad to see you around.. have you gotten on that scale yet?? if not you will when u are ready.. it will come down if you put forth effort and we'll route you on all the wayz!!!
Serena!!! WTG girl... keep it up..