Old 06-29-2006, 02:17 PM   #871  

Slimkim - try Nori's site (I think she uses FitDay) because it will help you calculate how many calories you need. Don't forget you need MORE calories when you're exercising to sustain losses.

Serena - my friend Shirley went on Nutrisystem. She lost 16 pounds. She said some of the meals are good, but she said some of the soups are just like Lipton Cup O' Soup. My 2 cents - Jenny Craig is priced very closely to Nutrisystem, and when I did JC I enjoyed the foods. However, please remember I'm back here today because not only did I gain the weight back, but I added the friends like Brenda did.

Brenda - WW is great. Sensible, easy to follow weight loss. I hear a lot of good things about "Winning by Losing" the book Jillian Michaels from The Biggest Loser wrote. FitDay or NurtiDiary are great sites where you can track your calorie intake and figure out where you need to be.

My best advice - drink more water!!! For me, that and exercise have been the most important. My body seems more willing to forgive my cheeseburger and fries when I'm exercising and drinking my water.

LOL-Mo-I don't have any suggestions for steamy books. I read one years ago and the characters were named Fabian and Olivia - but I can't find it, and I can't remember the title!!!!

Okay - gotta work.
marinemommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 05:41 PM   #872  

Default Party!? Need Help

Ok I had a Go Diego Go bday party for my 3 year old a few weeks ago, I set up a fake rain forest out side with streamers hanging down as vines and animals all around for them to search for and play with, and it was a big hit. Now, I'm doing a zoo animal theme for my soon to be 1 year old and am out of ideas. I was planning to just set up a zoo design with animals for the kids to walk around and look at kind of like at the real zoo but I don't really see where that would be fun for the kids to walk around and just look at fake animals. So if anybody has any ideas let me know.

I do have an idea for anyone who is doing outer space theme or similar, such as buzz light year. I did buzz light year for one of my boys one year and instead of getting traditional icecream I bought astronaut icecream. It was a big hit. It's kind of expensive so I searched all over the internet for the best deals.

The reason I go to these lengths is because I want the kids to enjoy the party and I don't want the birthday boy to put too much emphasis on presents, which works really well cause last year my oldest son only got 2 presents at his birthday party but he was extremely happy with the 2 he got.
serena37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 05:56 PM   #873  

Serena - I'm like you - I don't want my kids being greedy little boogers who only want presents at their birthday.

I think because the kids will be so young, you absolutely should go with your zoo idea! You could use stuffed animals you have around the house and put them in fake zoo cages! You could set up one of those little kiddy pools with fake fish the kids can swim with, too! I think they'd really enjoy that.

If I come up with anything else, I'll write again.
Old 06-30-2006, 02:03 PM   #874  

Default Friday

Hi ladies:

Serena: I'm glad the party was a hit! Good luck with the zoo theme. The kiddie pool with fake fish sounded fun.

Anyone have any fun plans for the weekend? We're just going to my Mom's on Monday for a picnic and fireworks. I might work Monday. The boss said I could bring my daughter in with me for the day. She's been asking to come so maybe I will do that, there won't be many people around anyway. If she gets bored I'll just leave early.

I started tanning and my body (lower stomach especially) is extremely itchy!! Hopefully this weekend we'll get to use the pool for the first time. I'm getting excited to see two of my sisters in a few weeks. We're all meeting at Lake George in upstate NY.

Nori: Where are you? How was your first day at work? We haven't heard from you since then I don't think. Hope everyone is well.

Everyone have a great Fourth of July!!

Mo
MoNewEngland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 06:43 PM   #875  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Work is great. I cannot believe I've only been there a week. I'm catching on fast - I'm so familiar with doctor's clinics, so that'sa plus, but it is a new position for me.

I lost 2 pounds this week.

I spent over $1,000 about 8 years ago and lost a ton of weight on a medically supervised diet. I will NEVER spend $ to lose weight again. That's just me. Structured plans work great for many people. For me it's come down to doing what I know I need to do, doing it everyday, messing up somedays, getting back up and getting back on it...it has to be me making good choices because I want to. Learning portion control is ahuge thing for me and that's taken counting calories and weighing and measuring my food. And like Sarah said WATER and EXERCISE have become a major par tof my life.

Kim - try Nutridiary.com for logging if you are interested. It's free and once you put in your numbers it'll tell you how many calories you need to lose 1-2 pounds a week. You can track calories you burn through exercise. It works out like math for me usually. Sometimes hormones get in the way.

Speaking of hormones. Has anyone here had an IUD before (Mirena brand is what I'm interested in)? My blood pressure has gone up, even with exercise and weigh loss - so doc wants me off of birth control pills, since they can cause that. I have until my next cycle to decide, since she will put it in when I'm on my period.

Sorry I've been MIA - hope you all have a lovely 4th of July!!!

Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 01:25 PM   #876  

Default ?

I was gonna try nutrisystem but the last thing I want to do is spend a bunch of money on nasty tasting food. So I guess I'm gonna start going back to the WW meetings and maybe join curves. I still would like to start taking martial arts but I still haven't found exactly what kind I want to take. My church is starting up with softball again and I use to play back in highschool, and wouldn't mind doing it again but their doing a co-ed team and I'm not comfertable with co-ed.
serena37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 09:05 PM   #877  

S/C/G: 250/249/150

Height: 5' 7

Hi nori.. well I have had an IUD for the past 6 yrs... I got the copper T i don't recall the name tho... I have had no trouble with it at all.. in the begiining you may have some cramping and spotting and irregular periods at first.. but being i forget to take pills and i am a bear on the shot it was my only alternative to not having # 7... CONGRATS on your 2 pound loss!!!!!!!! wooo hoooo !!!!! send me some losing vibes {{{{{{{}}}}}}}

we have had non stop company.. so I have been making entertaining stuff and not journalling,,, oops.. I will start again tomorrow.. I just pray for a loss.. this wed.. i think i will i just have to exercise...

Serena.. ww is a great program.. if you like support it is worth it.. I will sign up again.. but right now i am doing the at home program.... I already have all the books and stuff but i have been trying to just llok at my calories that takes a little more figuring out and then i will be good to go..

Mo.. we're having a cookout tomorrow .. fireworks on the fourth and they shoot them off over the ocean and we sit on the beach just next to the bethany beach boardwalk.. it is way cool..... kids get those glow necklaces....

sarah.. have fun!!! will catch up with you more later..

well talk to you all later..Kim
slimkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 11:54 AM   #878  

Hi everyone!! I hope you all had a nice holiday! Our's was very nice - my husband got to come home for the long weekend, which was great!

I can't believe it's Wednesday. I really feel like it is Monday! Only the rest of this week, and next week, and then I'm done working, and it's time to focus on our move!!!!

My eating went better this weekend. I'm back to focusing on drinking my water and watching my PORTION sizes.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:00 PM   #879  

Default Wednesday

Hi ladies:

Glad everyone had a great fourth of July. Not much new here, still trying to get back on the dieting full time. I'm going to stock up on water and fruit tonight. DS is starting 3 weeks of camp at the Sound School tomorrow so I've got to get him all geared up with sprays, lotions, beverages, snacks, hat, etc. so I guess I'll be heading to Walmart.

oh I almost forgot!!! I got my haircut and I got it cut very short!!!! I never had my haircut so short before but everyone seems to like it. I still get a shock everytime I go past a mirror. It's kind of spiky on top and on the sides with a wisp in front of each ear and some bangs cut at an angle. I finally got the nerve to go all the way. DD said I look older and she doesn't like it. DS just kind of laughed. DH said it looked good but that I looked a little like my brother! LOL If I don't get used to it I'll let it grow, but so far I'm liking it. It's very easy to put some gunk in it and squish it around a little.

Have a great week.

Mo
Old 07-05-2006, 02:02 PM   #880  

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I weighed the other day and was 201!! Hopefully I'll hear that wake up call!!
Old 07-05-2006, 10:46 PM   #881  
One life, live it well

Hi ladies! I'm still adjusting to being back in the working world!

Wish you'd post a pic, Mo!

I was up to 223 this am! 3 freakin' pounds??? Not stressing about it. Gotta be water. And some chips!!
Old 07-07-2006, 09:03 AM   #882  

S/C/G: 250/249/150

Height: 5' 7

well afternoon all... It is that dreaded TOM again.. it rolls around so quick....i pray for those 220's next week.. I think I am gonna follow ww points again for a month,.. see how that goes... can't quite get a handle on my calorie deficit so ww here i come.. weight is up about 2-3 lbs this week.. should come off by next week.. see yall later..Kim
slimkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 01:06 PM   #883  

Hi everyone! No news here. Just holding steady. No gain, no loss. I'm ready to get back in gear, but it's so hectic getting ready to move! ARGH! And I'm so tired after work I don't feel like exercising! Day before yesterday, threw my youngest in the wagon and walked him around the neighborhood. Felt really good with that.

Have a great weekend!!!!
Old 07-07-2006, 06:17 PM   #884  
One life, live it well

I'm with you Kim, I keep *expecting* to wake up and see somethign other that the 220's and it's not happening. I decided that I'm in an exercise rut now - been doing the same thing for a few weeks now for 6 days a week. So today I started out with 20 minutes Winsor Pilates and then tried the rowing machine at the gym, along with the elliptical, but doing it in intervals - liek 3 min at a steady pace and then 1 minute running. We'll see if I can get out of the 220's. I also haven't gone back to honest calorie counting - which works wonderfully for me when I track every bite, lick and taste. I just cannot seem to find the time now. I maybe need to invest in one of thos palm pilot versions? Anyone have that?

Have a lovely weekend ladies! I seem to be able to chekc in more on the weekends than the weekdays. I'm not used to working outside of the home yet. And when I get home there's so much to do. DH is doing great being Mr. Mom though!
Old 07-09-2006, 05:11 PM   #885  

Nori - super glad your DH is being a great Mr. Mom! Have you ever heard that country song by Lonestar??? It's hilarious. Even if you don't like country. I also think your itnerval idea will work great. The one time I saw a personal trainer (like 5 years ago) he said to do that, and the Body For Life book says to try that, too.

I'm trying to decide if I'm suffering from information overload. I read all these books, and they all have different advice. I'm so confused I can't just pick a plan and stick with it. I know Weight Watchers works, but I can't bring myself to go back to counting points! Friday is my last day at work, and then we move the first week of August. I'm really hoping when we get to SC, I can get control of a good plan again.

I hope everyone's having a great weekend!!!