Old 01-12-2006, 11:38 AM   #76  
Also known as Tessa :)

S/C/G: 220/160/130

Height: 5'5

Diane, that is a great idea! I would have no problem if people vented in here too!

Diva, vent in here too! Hang in there! That stupid thing can really knock a person down
colaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 11:42 AM   #77  

Default Almost time for my workout!

Hi girls,

Thanks for the warm welcome colaz! I don't know that I'm famous, maybe infamous though. LOL!

I'm heading to spinning shortly to work my butt off. I still keep going and my butt is there, so maybe this time I'll have some luck. LOL!

I'm fighting some serious hunger pangs right now. I don't want to eat before I workout. I'll eat lunch when I get back.

Seems like we have a lively bunch. Very cool! I love to check in to see how everyone is doing with their diets and working out. It's so helpful to have so much support and this is a tough journey.

Anyone see Biggest Loser last night?? I was amazed at how much weight the couples lost in just 2 weeks (seems a bit unhealthy to me, though!).

Talk at ya later!

Lisa
hellokittyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 11:43 AM   #78  

Default Vent away

Yeah, I don't mind if anyone vents in here or not either.

Whatever helps you make it through. I'm here to listen.

Lisa
Old 01-12-2006, 11:54 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

lol Tessa on your 5000 word essay!!! I am happy that you feel better! I really worry about you girls sometimes.
Diane how u doin' today,are you a bit better?I hope so hun.
Well to day I had a cereal bar and a yogert for breakfast! Lunch will be a wrap and I haven't decided on dinner yet!
Should I exercise today???I have so much to do!!!I think I can fit it in to my scheduale sometime between 3&3:30! lol!!
Well off to start my day!
W.
Wide in Winnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 11:55 AM   #80  

Lisa, lol. I think I have you confused with someone in here that comes sometimes (a few months ago that I heard about). LOL, but yup you are still famous! lol I have watched a few epiosides of the biggest loser, but not lastnights. I remember thinking before though that it seemed almost unrealistic that they were loosing THAT much weight. good show though!

Well, I'm still feeling pretty good. I've just decided to go work out this afternoon. I don't have class until 3:00, so I should have plenty of time. I'll be back after!
Old 01-12-2006, 11:57 AM   #81  

LOL...Wendy I tend to type a lot when I get going. You probably noticed that before. Like how I write in paragraphs...lol Sounds like you are eating very well! Sounds like you are pretty busy, but hope you get a chance to excercise.

Ok...here I go!
Old 01-12-2006, 12:09 PM   #82  

Quote:
Diva, so how is your elipitcal machine working so far? Wish I had one of those in here.
I like the ease of my elliptical machine - it's so easy for me to catch up on my Tivo recordings while I am doing it! Some days I feel like I am getting off easy just by doing that for 30 minutes or so, so that is part of the reason why I made the purchases I did yesterday (posted earlier). Plus, I was a runner in high school and I think my legs will get too used to the elliptical too quickly.

Quote:
HOw did your day go yesterday and how is today going so far? I'm the one that Diane says also has an anxiety disorder. It kind of comes and goes, and I can go for days with nothing and then a big one hits me. Thta has been what has kept me away for the last couple of days.
Well yesterday was good for me, but today is like the complete opposite.
  • I got on the scale (BIG mistake) which made me start going back to that feeling of "WTF am I doing this for if I can't see ANY results?!?!" But I got out some whining earlier with a thread I submitted and I am feeling a little better. Plus the girls mentioned I might not be eating enough, so I am going to try to do better there.
  • I purchased laminate wood flooring from Lowe's back in October and thought "well, I'll just get my Dad or somebody to put it in for me, so I don't need to buy the installation services too." WRONG. The flooring is still sitting in a corner of my living room, so I got an estimate today for what it would cost to put in.....how's $1800 sound? I only paid $700 for the flooring itself!!!! Does that sound right to anyone? I'll admit, I have no idea if I am being taken for a ride or not. But it's not helping me feel any less stressed!!!! BYE-BYE TAX REFUND!
  • Speaking of money, I have been hunting for a better paying, more rewarding job and I have gotten no responses at all. I am just really burnt out with where I am right now here at work and it is TOUGH. My mom always says to me that you have a job and you need to just be happy about that and keep doing your best - all of which I already know. But I also can't fault myself for wanting something BETTER. I know some of you can probabaly relate. (I hope! )

OK, Good Lord, I have to stop my pity party now. Colaz, what has been holding you down the last few days? Thanks for letting me vent about all of that above - YOUR TURN!
DivaLaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 12:41 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

Hey Diva! Get a few more quotes on that flooring!! That is way to much! I have put in flooring professionally in the past and it should be around 34-50 cents a square foot.Usually the labor costs about $100-200 more than the product.Then again I do live in Canada so it might be different from there.
Wendy
P.s. did you like my plug on the other thread??Thanks !!!!!
Wide in Winnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 12:58 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 175/170/140

Height: 5ft 3 in

Hi ! My hubby is home today and on my nerves. "Why are you always on that computer" he says. Anyways the boys had 1/2 day of school so hubby says " it's 50 outside you walk to school and walk back with them" Its about 1/2 mile to the school and my legs were burning by the time I got there. Luckily a mom from our street was there in her SUV so we rode home with her. I made the boys a chicken nacho for lunch and I had a salad with some chiken cut up on it. I guess I got my exercise for the day!
franci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 01:45 PM   #85  

Fraci, that is the nice thing about being completely alone in the dorm. No one to make me feel bad about being on the computer all of the time lol. The walk sounds like wonderful excercise, and your lunch was great too! Keep it up! Don't like your dh get you down!

Diva, don't get too down about your weight! How much are you eating? I could probably look it up, but if you excercise on the elipitcal for a half an hour and you do a workout tape (right? That was you talking about buying workout tapes yesterday), you should be eating at least 1600 to 1700 calories or more. So many people eat less than 1000 when they want to seriously lose weight. So, is your elipitcal like a glider? The thing that follows your legs? I used one of those for about a half an hour at the Y (I did today!). They are so easy, but you know what they burn the most calories! Just a half hour today going about 180 I burned about 390 calories! Is that how your elipitcal is?

Hmmm what has been holding me back these last couple of days? I hate it, but I'm not even sure. Nothing new has happened, but a lot of old stuff has been poping up in my head and in my dreams. Doesn't help that I'm not sleeping very well again. Grrr! My childhood was kind of rough. Not as rough as others but more difficult than some. This is mostly because of learning disabilities that have and they kind of spiral into other problems (social and confidence issues). Also, I've had some scary experiences with 'the men' in the past, and I've got some trust issues. Who doesn't though lol .

Well, I just got back from working out! First time in about a month, and it didn't go too bad! For those that don't know, I just got back from FL (during Christmas break) about 4 days ago. So, I've been kind of lazy. I did about 1/2 hour on the weight machiens. I cut back 5 pounds and did only 2 sets on most of the machines (I normally do 3 sets). They weren't too bad. Then I did the glider eliptical thing, which was hard, but I feel great now! I sweated like a pig. WHOOHOO! gotta love it!

So far today I've only had two big bowls of ceriel...eh I know that isn't very good. It was wheate with splenda, but I know I need a bit more variety. I am planning on having some V8 juice, and have plenty of protein tonight. I've got to watch that from now on though.
Old 01-12-2006, 01:47 PM   #86  

Default Hello

Hi guys,

Colaz - Yep, it wasn't me. I just joined last month. But I'm still famous!! LOL!

Diva - I understand about the whole scale thing. I had the same issue on Monday, I actually gained some weight after being home sick for 2 weeks (I guess I thought I would lose some!). Don't let it get to you. Just keep doing what you're doing and hang in there! I feel the same way you do, believe me.

I hope everyone else is well. I'm anxiously awaiting the 3 day weekend. I want to be at home and not working. LOL!

Take care.

Lisa
Old 01-12-2006, 01:56 PM   #87  
banned

diva im soooo sorry your day is like that! im havin a bit today myself.... hope it gets better for ya!
hi tess!!!! glad youre feelin better today i had most of my anx the last few days im just tired today but a little anx((((( ))))) oh and yea i did eat and its time to eat again soon so dont worry

hi wendy!!!!! sup? hi to everyone else too.
andreaphilip3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 01:57 PM   #88  

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Love to Join The Friends!

Hi girls - I'm new to this site this week. I love it, I am looking for the right spot to fit in. I need encouragement on a regular basis. I would like to join your thread and post often.

My story - I'm 38 years old, been overweight most of my life. I have two wonderful sons, ages 11 and 8. My DH is the kind of guy who can eat anything and remain thin. Thank God my sons appear to be that way too. Both boys are very active in baseball and I love that. I have started and stopped dieting hundreds of times always with the thought that "This time I'm gonna do it." - then I quit. So I'm looking for support and help in my quest this time.

My numbers are this - I'm 5' 10", current weight 196.5, goal weight 161, that's what the internet sites say I should loose to be in the "normal" range.

I'd like friends to reply often and keep me focused. Yesterday I ate right and walked a mile. Today I'm doing good, and plan to walk a mile this afternoon with a coworker.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Sue
Sue67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 02:02 PM   #89  
banned

welcome sue!

diva and sweetpea and tess:i started a support thread for anx calles amazingly anxious annie's
andreaphilip3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 02:03 PM   #90  

Quote:
Originally Posted by colaz
I could probably look it up, but if you excercise on the elipitcal for a half an hour and you do a workout tape (right? That was you talking about buying workout tapes yesterday), you should be eating at least 1600 to 1700 calories or more. So many people eat less than 1000 when they want to seriously lose weight. So, is your elipitcal like a glider? The thing that follows your legs? I used one of those for about a half an hour at the Y (I did today!). They are so easy, but you know what they burn the most calories! Just a half hour today going about 180 I burned about 390 calories! Is that how your elipitcal is?.
No, I don't have the workout tapes, so up until now it's just been the 30 mins a night on the elliptical. I did talk last night about how I went and bought a medicine ball and a body ball, so that may have been what you saw. THAT should do wonders for my stomach (eventually ) I think I am probably not eating enough calories, because just like you said --
Quote:
So many people eat less than 1000 when they want to seriously lose weight.
And that has been me the last week. I think the most I tended to eat in one sitting this week was a pita half with a can of tuna mixed with light mayo stuffed into it. That was pretty filling.
DivaLaRed is offline   Reply With Quote