Old 01-21-2006, 04:09 PM   #151  
KAR

Afternoon All,
Sounds like everyone is having a busy weekend. We made it to the ball game last night. Sat through our friends' (both of them are coaches for the JV team) game and then half of the varisty game. It was so embarrassing that we left at half time, the other team was winning by 25 points. This morning my sdd and I went to Curves to workout. When we got home we did the walk/jog dvd. While she was getting her shower I did 30 minutes on my gazelle. So I made up for not working out last night for 30 minutes. I am hoping that this shows up on the scales next Friday for my weigh-in at school. My team came in last and my team members don't want to be in last place next week. We don't care if we don't win first place but somewhere in the middle would be nice. Spent the afternoon filling out fininancial paperwork and I am wiped out now. I am hoping to take a nap here in a little bit. Then maybe this evening I will work on some paperwork for school. Enough babbling from about me.
Robyn, congrats on the weight loss. Keep up the good work! You are making great progress. Congrats on your dh's new job. So what will he be doing? Sending positive vibes your way for a successful meeting on Monday with your ds's IEP meeting.
Pam, so how did your weigh in go today? Had a great laugh about your battery. Hope everything is going well for you this weekend.
Mouse, congrats on the progress you are making with your one student. That must make you feel proud. So were you able to get any swimming time in this weekend?
Susie, hope you are surviving the weekend with your son quitting his pacifer cold turkey. Sounds like you are busy baking. Did you get your marking done? I hope you have a nice family get together tomorrow eating Chinese food.
Ginny, hope that you are feeling more relaxed today and calm. Hope you are able to get a new seating chart that works fine. So what are your big plans for the weekend?
Mydogjakerocks, glad to hear that your diet is going great. Isn't it a great feeling when your clothes fit better. Your goal of 145 sounds very reachable by summertime. Enjoy your walk with Jake!
Hi to everyone else.
I need to go start on the laundry. I will try to check back in with everyone later.
Take care and have a wonderful evening.
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 06:24 PM   #152  
KAR

Please rescue me! My sdd has a little friend over and she is a little brat. She has been here for about 5 hours now. She is driving me nuts! My dh and I can't stand little girls who are mean. I don't think she will be playing with my sdd very often. They woke me up from my nap and I am not very happy. I have a cold or sinus problems and don't feel good. So that is not helping with my mood. Send positive thoughts my way please that I don't kill anyone!
Kerry
Old 01-21-2006, 08:13 PM   #153  
burned out bus driver

Kerry- don't you hate those LONG playdates? I'd love to rescue you~ hope you are feeling better too!!!!! (got woken up from my nap today also).

Jake's "mom"- hope you and Jake got a great walk in! Don't ya love that I am thinner feeling- when the pants seem looser? Keep up the great work, sure that darn scale will reflect all the effort.

Susie- how many people are you baking for, girl?! Gee, that much good stuff would be dangerous for me in the house.........don't think I could stand it. But then I have to bake for tomorrow, inlaws are coming over . And that is a double bake for me, FIL is diabetic. Yup, you guessed it Dh is Dear Husband, but then of course it could stand for Darned Husband depending upon his mood, or my hormones! .

Saving the best for last- Robyn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is SO wonderful about Dh's new job!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Been praying for you- and him too. I have said this before, but I can't imagine the personal h*** that you faced, I am sure he was depressed and extremely difficult to live with this entire time. Hope that this works out for him, or at the very least gets him busy and just easier to live with. Congrats on the 2.6# loss too! I saw that rainbow too, it was here on Friday on the way home with the critters (who had just had their heads repositioned by moi). Hope this is a great weekend for you..........I am so happy for you.

Not much new here......we went out this am with our boom boom sticks this morning for a while. (hunting is still big here, this was just target shooting however). And my MIL/FIL are coming over tomorrow.........don't ask.
Other than that it has been a quiet day. Snuck in a 3.5 mile walk outside. It was lovely. Gotta go wash the kitchen floor.
See ya! And hi to anyone I missed.
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 10:16 PM   #154  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Thanks Kerry and Gin! He is so excited! .... having him smile again is wonderful! He starts on Monday! I hope that it turns out to be as he hopes! ...if we can make it thru the first 6 months with very low $ then it should improve (not get great...but improve) by summer!

I've spent the entire afternoon and most of the evening working on school JUNK...and I'm not nearly done! ARRRGH! Gotta get back to it!

Oh btw, had to pull out some smaller pants the other day! They aren't my smallest size...but they are better than the others that were so tight in the beginning that they inspired me to duct tape my mouth! Now, they are so huge I can put them on and off without undoing them.... and they sort of looked like they belonged to a 90 year old man. Pulled up under my arm pits in order to NOT lose them! So.... I'm out of Women's sizes! WhoooHoooo! New decade and no W after my size!

back to the homework..... sigh.....
take care
HatterasMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 12:15 AM   #155  
Swimming Mouse

Good evening, all.

Everybody was busy this weekend it seems! Me too, although I had some time to myself this morning. I should have been doing laundry... the apartment manager gave me keys to a vacant apartment because GE still hasn't sent them the new pump for my washer! :sigh: I just wasn't motivated to haul my laundry down the hall to the other apartment. I'm so spoiled!
Robyn: WOO HOO! GREAT NEWS! Sorry to hear about your son, however. The OT is way out of line... if she is that busy, the district needs to hire another OT. Although, I am probably barking up the wrong tree... I can't imagine a district doing something like that!
Ginny: I would have killed them. Of course, then I would have had blood and gore on the bus. Hmm. I did tell one of my kids about my "Ashes of Problem Students" jar. Fortunately, they understood it to be a joke.
Kerry: Yes! I not only got my swim in tonight, I met my "hour" goal. I swam for 1.25 hours tonight, then did my lesson... I was really active during the second half because I had a 5 year old newcomer and a 9 year old newcomer. The 9 year old was swimming halfway across the therapy pool by the time we were done. I only have 2.5 miles till I meet that goal for the month. I hope to get it done... I'm going to try to swim at the Rec Center near the Red Cross chapter since I have 2 meetings out there this coming week, plus a 2-day class on Saturday and Sunday.
I also weighed myself tonight; I'd done it last week too and found out that I'd dumped 5 pounds. I figured it was muscle since I haven't been able to lift weights for almost 6 months. First, it was Hurricane Katrina, then it was my ankle. But, I've lost another 1.5 pounds! I have been making a good effort at eating more food... I have either South Beach diet bars or high-protein low-carb bars from Body For Life and another kind stashed everywhere so that I don't have an excuse to skip a snack or a meal. Between those and protein shakes, I can eat even when I'm not feeling so great. I've gone from an average of 900 calories a day to about 1200. But its all high-protein, low-carb stuff. Also, I'm on that new medication that is supposed to make my body use the insulin better so it doesn't produce excess insulin and turn everything to fat. I am afraid to hope that its here to last; we'll see since next week I'm going to have trouble getting to the pool and its the week off of my one set of meds. That is my equivalent of PMS, so I usually gain weight that week and the week before. So you can imagine how surprised I was to find a drop!
Anonymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 12:48 AM   #156  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Mousie, the OT's reason for not meeting with me is that she only works 2 days a week and lives more than an hour away. I realize what her contract "states" regarding her work hours... I also realize what mine states.... AND we're reminded about that little clause down at the bottom that says something about working beyond contract hours as deemed necessary. WELL. Guess WHAT?! I'm about to do all that I am capable of to make it necessary for her!

Actually, I've offered to take time off from school to meet her during her contractual hours.... but that wasn't to her liking either. She was pulling my SpEd kid out of Academic classes for his OT in order to make him fit into her schedule. I feel her pain... (everytime I have to go in early, stay late , sit thru the world's most boring meeting, or make phone calls at odd hours to talk to parents! You know the drill!) HOWEVER not meeting with a parent nor pulling a child with learning issues out of an academic class for a neat and tidy schedule is gonna fly with me! This is the crap that makes me insane! AND become "THAT mother!"

Glad that they have made arrangements for you do get your laundry done! Yahoo for you and your various exercises! You're doing great! Weights are one of my favorite forms of exercise! Sigh.... you and Pam are going to MAKE me dust mine off, aren't you?! Keep up the great work!

take care.... and thanks for listening to my "momma rant"!
Robyn
HatterasMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 08:42 AM   #157  

Good Morning!
Well it's been an interesting weekend. Started out great. My oldest and I were arguing about his lack of financial responsibility(although he has been working steadily for almost two months now) but the fact that he doesn't save any of his money and I got really pissed and was walking backward out of his room, tripped, landed on my butt, and now my tailbone hurts sooooooooooooooooobad. Yesterday morning, I could barely get out of bed, and it hurts to sit, stand, lay.......I hope it's nothing serious. Turning over last night required much effort and hurt incredibly. I hate to go to the doctor...What is the reason for your visit? My crack is cracked!!!!!

Robyn: That is for the weight loss, the pants size (of which I'm envious) and THE JOB.......WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....I know that's a huge relief......As far as your son's ot....Well, we have to make accomodations for parents everyday. She needs to make an accomodation too!
I did take my measurements yesterday, the only difference I saw, was of course my legs.. Thighs: 19 inches!!!!! I have also gone from a 44 to 38 1/2 around my chest. Still nothing in the old abdominal section...... I will have to have dh to measure my arms as that is kind of awkward.) I don't have six pack abs....I have two liter abs. My hubby says he has pony keg abs! Ha!

Kerry: Weigh in successful....Ok, well not the 164 I was at midweek, but 164.5 which makes two pounds.....So, I'll have to wait til next week to move my tracker....Was it you that had the biggest loser video? I was thinking of getting that. Is it fun?

Susie: Oh, I could not have those brownies in my house...They would be gone before ya know it. I LOVE CHOCOLATE. Hope your dinner goes well today, and you are able to control yourself with the chinese food which I had last night!

Mouse: Congrats on almost meeting your swimming goal for the month. Double congrats on the weight loss. Hope it continues right down the scale for you!

Jake: Marriage huh? Well that would surely motivate me to lose some more weight. I don't blame you about the ring......I know your weigh in this week will be great.

Ginny: How was the visit with the inlaws? Hope your week goes better on the bus. Won't be long til pitchers and catchers report for spring training. You better go ahead and line up that red stitching to be done before it starts!

Well I need to try and get dressed and go to the grocery store. We have no food. This could be a problem....

Take care!

Pam
pamisuzinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 11:50 AM   #158  

Well I didn't get my marking done, instead we went to a collegue's house for dinner- She made fettucini alfredo (ouch) and chicken. I controlled myself.... but had two glasses of wine and a ceasar! Today I vow to be extra good! I considered not going to my mother's house so I don't have to deal witht he chinese food. Instead, I'm going to order Hot and Sour soup which no one else likes but me and just eat that. Wish me luck!
susie_sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 12:48 PM   #159  
Mommy, wife, teacher

WHAT A WEEK!!! I'm sorry guys, I'm so buried in assessments and report cards. My aide was only in two days last week, came in late and left early. I not only need her to maintain my ratio, but I really need her to handle the kids while I do my assessments. It is so frustrating. I won't burden you with the details, but there has been a lot of bullsh*t going on in my school...last minute demands..."drop everything and do this right now!" I've about had it, and I blew up...luckily I controlled my urge to tell our principal what I really think.

I will be back to meet all the newbies and chat with all of you when I am done with this insanity.

Take care!
Summerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 02:32 PM   #160  
KAR

Afternoon Ladies,
Sounds like everyone is going a little insane at work. It must just be that time of year. I feel bad for my two friends who are 5th grade math teachers. The kids are not up to the level my principal and the county office feel that they should be in order to take the test in March. So they are now working on math concepts during math class and any specials that they would have starting tomorrow. I have worked with some of these kids in the afterschool program and am amazed that they are not getting the simple concepts of math. Makes you wonder what happened when they were learning how to do simple addition and subtraction. Hope we all can survive until the test taking time arrives.
Pam, congrats on the weight loss. A loss is a loss in my book. Sometimes they are as we would hope them to be. But remember it took it a while to put it on and it will take a while to take it off. Isn't amazing when you measure yourself and see such a small change in your body. I am looking forward to my measurements at Curves this month. I am hoping to have a nice little surprise since I started to do weight training with my Biggest Loser workout DVD. It is a great workout. It will kill you a few times when you first start doing it but then it is great. I had only done it three times at the end of Dec. Then today I did it again and was surprised when Bob said that it was time to strecth and cool down. So I was pleased with myself that I was able to make it through the whole workout without stopping. It is worth the $9.44 at Wal-mart. Atleast I think it is. It gives you four different workouts to choose from. Right now I have only done workout's one and three which are low intensity workouts. Here in the next couple of weeks I think I will step up to the high intensity workouts in two and four. Hope this helps you! Hope you are feeling a little bit better with your backside!
Mouse, congrats on the weight loss. Maybe your doctors have found the right medicine for you. I read somewhere that in order to lose weight you had to eat 1200 caloires a day. That if you go below that number your body goes into starvation mode and it turns your food into fat. So maybe you have found the right mix of foods to eat and the new medicine is helping. Keep up the great work!
Robyn, congrats on the smaller pant size. Doesn't it feel great when your clothes get bigger on you? I am going to have to go through my closet here in the next month or so and get rid of some of my fat clothes again. Hope you are able to get your school work done and have some much needed Robyn relax time today. Hope you get results from your meeting tomorrow morning. I will be thinking about you! The OT is being very selfish and unprofessional if she is not willing to meet with you. I thought that we had to go beyond the call of duty sometimes to make a good working relationshop between the school and home. I guess that OT must have missed that day in college and at inservice meetings.
Summer, glad that you were able to report in with us! We miss chatting with you. Hope that through all this stress you have found time for yourself by eating healthier and excerising. Hope things get better for you this coming week!
Susie, sometimes better things come along than doing our school work on the weekends. I hope you had a nice visit at your collegues house. Enjoy your day with your family! I am sure that you will do find today.
Jake's mommy, so did you enjoy your meat yesterday? When will you get on the scales to find out how your diet is going? Hope your day is going great for you.
Ginny, hope you make it throught the visit with the inlaws today!
Well my dh just said that lunch was ready. Need to go eat steak and brocolli with the kids and dh. Talk to you all later.
Kerry
Old 01-22-2006, 08:49 PM   #161  

Hello everyone.... I am not going to get to post a long message today because I am busy doing laundry and preparing for my last day on cabbage soup!!!! That in itself is so exciting. I know that I have lost a few pounds because I feel it and my boyfriend told me that my butt looked smaller this morning!!! Yipppeeeeee!!!!! A smaller booty is one of my main goals. I actually started doing a little more excercising.-- which is a definite plus. Yesterday, I began by doing these ten minute work-out tapes. I did 10 minutes on abs, 10 minutes on butt and 10 minutes on arms and legs. Then today I busted out my tony horton beach body in 90 days. That tape kicks my butt so today I only did the intense ab workout, but I was happy with myself. Plus, I have really been following this crazy cabbage soup diet as closely as I can. I did have a tiny cheat today because while we were at dinner I ordered chicken and it had bbq sauce on it. I tried wiping most of it off, i hope that little cheat doesnt effect my results. I will be weighing in on Tuesday morning... fingers crossed.

I am going to get going because I want to watch celebrity fit club for a little more inspiration.... ha ha if you have ever watched it. Have a great monday.
Talk tomorrow night!!!
mydogjakerocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 10:51 PM   #162  

Well i'm back from my mother's. I didn't do as well as i'd hoped with the chinese food but i don't think it was the disaster it could have been!

Looking forward to a great week of exam reviews with the students! I love the week that comes before exams almost as much as exam week!lol I get a deranged pleasure from seeing macho teenagers squirm and beg for mercy! mwahahahahahahahaha! Have a good week everyone!
Old 01-23-2006, 09:41 AM   #163  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!

Not sure what happened here.....but the god of snow days has blessed me and my kids with another day off. Bad part is now we have only 2 snow days left and a lot of NY winter remaining. Oh well........it is Dd's last full day home before her return to school, so I guess we will break out the Monopoly and have a fun day.

Gee, Susie, your sense of humor is not deranged......it is called "revenge is sweet....or payback time....". Other than being awfully salty, chinese is not that bad for you.......unless it is General Tsao's chicken. Just get back on track today. Hope your week goes well.

Jake's mom- congrats on the complement! Good luck with your WI- let us know how it goes.

Kerry- sorry that you are also caught up with getting the 5th graders up to speed on math. Did the curriculum change or something like that? Bet that teaching for the test is no fun, and especially trying to cram so much into a short amount of time. Good luck. Congrats on making it thru your workout without stopping. (don't you love those days when all of the sudden the tape is over and you wonder how you got there?) What kind of workout is it?
(I should stop asking now........I am such a workout junkie).

Summer- hope that all the nonsense with your aide and the principal improves. Hope that the assessments and report cards are done soon.......perhaps things will be a bit more sane for you this week.

Pam- well, all I can add to your situation is that you probably should get your back looked at. (a coworker of mine did something similar, and it became very debilitating after about 2 weeks). Not to be an alarmist, just better being safe as opposed to sorry......... No food in your house a problem? Gee, there must be teenagers there! How did the situation with ds and financial responsibility work out? (fun topic, isn't it?). Aw, come on Maw.......doesn't money grow on trees??? Oh, yeah, that is right, it grows in your wallet! I had a similar discussion with Ds the other day, his bank account statement came and he marvelled at why it was down $500. I had to remind him that it was time to pay the car insurance bill.......and that the $500 donation does not really cover the total expense. So you are not alone here.

Robyn- happy first day of work for you and Dh!!!!!! Hope it all works out.
As far as the OT goes, golly,we all have kooky schedules and each student deserves the attention he/she needs....and I do not blame you one bit for being upset. You have to do what you have to do.......hope you can get a meeting with her. (somehow I do not think you need me to tell you any of this). Congrats on pants that do not fit!!!!!!!

Mouse- congrats on the weight loss!!!!!!! It does sound as though your new eating plan is working well for you. Hopefully your "PMS" week will not throw you off. (it should just be water weight anyway, am I right?) Did you ever get the laundry done? SO glad you got all that swimming time in!

Well, at the last minute, MIL and FIL cancelled. And I had already made lunch, 2 pies, and the white tornado had run rampant thru my house (which all the kids home are not trashing!). They postponed till next weekend, when hopefully FIL will be feeling better (numerous health issues......too many to go into here). So, I got to relax a wee bit, watch some football and crochet a bit. Today I have "walked" 3. something miles..(3AP's) and have been a good girl with my eating. (about time, the past few days have been pretty bad). Not sure when I will get to WW this week, probably Thursday. Wed, Dh goes for a colonoscopy (no problem, it is just that time and he is tired of me harrassing him about it). So I will have to pick him up from that during my usual meeting time.

I have babbled enough for this am..........see ya!
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 07:44 PM   #164  

Hey!
What a dreary and miserable Monday. I sit here typing sitting on a "doughnut" looking much like the lady from a preperation h commercial.
I did end up going to the doctor yesterday. I cried all the way through the xrays when they made me lie flat on my back. OUch! The verdict? They aren't sure if it's broken or not. However, the doc says that reguardless, it is treated the same way. So, I went home with some pain medication which I can not take and go to work and no relief.....Today was miserable. I couldn't sit for very long, I couldn't stand for very long, and now other parts of my body are beginning to ache from the strain of not putting any strain on my tailbone. And, NO EXCERCISE. Not that I could do it right now, but this is definitely not the time for me to be unable to excercise. I ended up going and laying on the little bed in the nurses office for like fifteen minutes just to be able to relieve some pressure off my backside. Then, I came home with the intention of just resting for a few minutes and slept for two hours. I need to go soak in a hot tob I think and then after I get my stuff straightened out for my self and school for the morning, I will take a pill and go to bed.

So, hey to everyone don't feel like sitting any longer, so i am going to get off this thing.
Talk to you all later.......

Pam
pamisuzinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 08:22 PM   #165  

Did slim in six today at noon with the kids! I had no trouble at all doing it and they were huffing and puffing! I like that!