Old 01-12-2006, 11:45 AM   #76  

Hi Girls

It is going to be in the low forties here!!!! I will be able to get a nice walk in. I am setting a goal for myself to be buying a size smaller for summer clothes. I don't have hardly anything from last year so I am going to hold myself to it. Plus I want to be close to what I weighed last year at my yearly check up. I would not like to go in and see the scale with a 20 pound difference. All this talk now lets see if I can do it!

Dips the Bahamas....ahhh sounds nice. Ocean breeze and a cool drink!

Red I also love the pic of that dog. Cute face!

Noelle have a beautiful day in HI!

Hi everyone else, I got to go the dog is getting into something. I don't know how to stop her from chewing. She chewed one of my decorative snowman, magnets and numerous other things! Check back later.
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 11:54 AM   #77  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning girls!

Red, I love the pic of the pup. What a cutie.

Dips, I want to go to the Bahamas with you.

Julie, It is nice here today too. Yesterday we had an ice storm though so everything is slick. I guess it is supposed to be nice like this through Sunday. I hope so.

Not much happening here today...just work. fun fun.

I will check back later
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 06:20 PM   #78  

Just bumping us up. I am going to fix dinner and then come back to chat.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 11:53 PM   #79  

Still sooooo busy.

Red: I've never been to Paris. My hubby speaks fluent French though so we won't have any problems there. He lived in France for awhile and speaks the language like a native.

Angie: You're doing so well. Keep up the great work.

Cherie: I hope things have calmed down at work. I agree with Dips, you're girls are gorgeous (take after their Mom).

Kempy: Hope things are going well with you.

Dips: I might look into that Discovery thing myself. The last time I went to the Dr. I was down 4 pounds and I'm not even trying right now. Too busy to think much about what I'm eating. I just hope it keeps going down. By the way, we lived in Korea for awhile and I know exactly what you mean about the women.

Noelle: Thanks for the email about Home Depot. I am so tired from school, but that really made me laugh. I've seen that guy perform before and he's a riot.

Julie: Maybe the sunshine I sent you helped. I hope it stays nice for you for awhile.

I hope I haven't forgotten anyone. Have a great evening everyone. Tomorrow is FRIDAY!!!!!

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 05:47 AM   #80  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Red face snort, snuffle, snort....sigh

Heh all. The snorts and snuffles are me rummaging through bags of food, vacuuming down huge amounts of junk! Scream, tears hair out....does a little of Dips' "injuring herself." Oh well, I am an emotional mess. Couldn't get anything done today. It was hopeless, everything, the writers block, the dying computer monitor, the crying cat who does NOT want to be in a cage. I just could not face the office today and stayed home though I need the money badly. The thing is, I felt so lousy all day and was trying to do things here that just didn't get far at all, that it was NOT a good day after all. Still, I got that out of my system, minus a day's pay. Picked up another writing assignment, though it doesn't pay much. Could be good for easy bits and pieces on a regular basis. That can pull in the money. Any of you know a good digital camera? I really should try to get something as they're needed today and when the pay is low it beats processing costs.

Funny, everyone thinks Ume (pronounced ooh-may) is so cute. I posted her thinking she looked kind of scary...I admit, I did say "isn't she cute?" Ah, what do you expect from a bunch of animal lovers?!

cal -- Hope you get a breather in there soon. Good to hear that your husband speaks French. That will make things easier. So, when are you off?

jbbm -- Good luck on reaching your goal! You can do it if you really try!

mele -- Yes, Ume is cute I admit. She always has her tongue sticking out the right side of her mouth. I think it's not in this picture which is highly unusual! I know the show you talk about. I think it's pretty cute, what the kids do. They also have one where they send a chimp out to do things. Often he does better than the kids. Do they dub the shows when they show them there or are they still in Japanese? TV is bizarre here and you really get tired of it. There are some nice little shows though, at least watchable for a short time. God, they are really into cooking and eating shows! Do you want me to send you any?

Dips -- You lucky dog! Pants to "accommodate my new slimmer waist!!" I am soooo jealous!! You were in Korea? How long? I never shop for clothes here. It's too depressing. I keep thinking I'm in the kids' section but nooooo......and I'm short, just not tiny. I wouldn't say I'm curvy, at least not in the right places...but oh, when I went to Hong Kong, I so wished I had money. There were clothes there that fit, they had sizes! And sizes way bigger they me! I was in heaven. Too bad I couldnt buy anything. What's this?! You're going cruisin' too? Are cruises big now or what? It seems like everyone is on one?! Oh, and yeah, how 'bout Noelle, getting cute guys rubbing her down. I hear you on the gay cuties. Here too. Not Japanese, but foreign, at the gym and then the other night on New Year's Eve. At least these guys were out. Some others at work are just so NOT out and I find it annoying. And, yes, your true figure is gonna be shining through real soon! You already look great!

Cherie -- what a pain with the court appearance. That's really stuff you don't need to have happening. What kind of guy is that anyhow? Yeah, glad it's over.

Kempy -- I am SOOO jealous!!! Congratulations!!!

angie -- Thank you. You are awesome in MY books! Little white one is growing on me..though at times she is very annoying with her crying....I still feel so bad about her eye...seeing how pretty the other one is and to think that such a jewel is gone because of neglect. Still, I see how the swelling is mostly gone now and the hair starting to grow in and I remember what it was like when I found her. It was so horrible looking I didn't want to look at it. I really thought it was going to pop out of her head. She would have surely died, just crawled off somewhere to die no doubt, with the fever she had and all and the scratching she was doing to it. Sigh. Wish I could have stopped it but yes, hindsight is useless. Gotta take that.

And here's another pic of one of my old cats (with gunk in his eye), Shachi, (pronounced shah-chee), which means "killer whale" in Japanese..because of his coloring. Hear the "Jaws" music as he looms into the camera!? Nozomi (meaning hope, as that's all I think that kept her from dying of starvation before she found me) is in the background. Can you see her?

Last edited by redballoon; 07-23-2006 at 05:46 AM.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 09:40 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Good morning everyone.... I am having to practically drag my butt in here every day... I am so not motivated and feeling so blah.... and I should be doing something if I am here.. and I am not.. :-(

Red... your pets are great.. I love the dog. I grew up with a boston terrier, and that is what I thought of when I saw Ume.

I am so glad its the weekend. Last night I took my girls and the neighbor girl to the Girl Scout skating party. That will just wear you out. No.. not the skating, cause I didn't skate, just being around so many screaming little girls! :-)

Anyway... I am just popping in.... talk soon.
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 06:20 PM   #82  

Sorry I posted yesterday and then nevert came back. I started working on my MK stuff and it took too long.

Dips we are not going to the bahanas. We are going to leave from Tampa and hit Belize, Cozumel, Grand Caman, and Costa Maya. I am so looking forward to that. I know you will have fun wherever you are too.

Red I don't know if you know but my cat can only see out of one eye. He was born with a diformed eye and it is all off center. It is pretty funny when he tries to jump from things he isn't too sure about. He is just kind of off in the depth department. This is probably a weird question but when you write do you have to do it in Japanese? Please don't laugh but I just don't know.

Cherie I still havn't seen HP yet. I read the books and I just love them. I usually wait for them to come out of the theaters though. I like to watch movies at home. I would think they would frown upon me watching in my Pj's and Joe in his underwear.

Julie did you ever get your sun? How are things going in the weight loss department?

Angie where are you today? I thought for sure that you would have posted. Joe asked me the other day if I have actually talked to any of you guys and I told him that you are the only one so far. I guess it is strange chatting with someone for what is it, 3 years now and never really talking to them.

Cal who many days until you leave? I have the calender on a count down now for the cruise.

Noelle now don't go having another injury so you can stay in PT. My luck I would do that and I would get stuck with Brunhilda (sp)

Well, I am still going pretty good on WW. The scael went down again so it is 7.5 lbs so far. I tried to make my ticker but I read whan Noelle said about it not working right now. This stuff is really working for me. Last year when Joe and I were trying to lose weight it took me 8 weeks to lose this much and now it is just falling off. I know it will probably slow down but I hope it at least keeps up. Now, I need to go find something to eat for dinner. I hope to hop back on later.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 07:02 PM   #83  
Never give up

Cool

Kempy -- Yes, I was wondering where you had got to.....

Your's is not a strange question at all. No, I don't write stories in Japanese. That would be too hard, though I could and then get it touched up. My stories are for publication usually in English or I write in English and then they are translated into Japanese.

I hadn't known about your cat. I had thought one eye would give depth perception problems. The vet said it wouldn't matter much and this cat has jumped on top of the cage with no problem. I think it makes a difference if they were born with one eye or lose it later.

Harry Potter movies I can't stand, but then again, I only saw the first one and I don't think I was in the mood for it at all. However, be forewarned that the movies are not at all like the books. I liked the books a lot and the movies have now ruined the books for me. The movies are all abbreviated and simplified and emphasis is on other things than in the book. The attraction between Harry and that girl is not there in the book, or, it was, it was not played up. The movies just look too childish to me, whereas the books were full of so much more. I have not seen Lord of the Rings for the very reason that I did like the book. I think it is always a disappointment to read the book first, better to read it after seeing the movie and be in for a pleasant surprise at all the more there is.

I have talked with people I have met on 3fc. I don't know. It's a strange feeling, kind of scary, but I think not so much if you've seen pictures of them before on the site. I guess it is kind of strange not to have talked with people when you live in the States but as everyone lives in another country to me, I find it more unusual to have talked with someone.

Great going on the weight loss! I am once again have too many things to do and not enough time for me. I hate that. My ideal would be to have lots of leisure time. I would be so buff! I love working out and feeling physical, hate that my work involves sitting on my A in front of a computer more often than not.

Ok, gotta run, in to the hated office now. I have gone totally "barn sour" on the office. Even yesterday, I was not really sick and could have gone in, but the thought of it was too irritating. I knew I would have lost it with someone as I did on Monday. I just cannot stand being there and trying to be pleasant when I despise the entire operation. At midnight last night I got an email message on my phone (didn't see it till this morning though) from a coworkers girlfriend, asking if I had been out drinking with him (as we often are) and if there had been any trouble. This is the kid that got arrested and I helped to get out after only 10 days. I know he was on alone yesterday because I took off and things would have been tough but I hope he didn't get in trouble due to that. Sigh. If I had an alternative to that place I would jump at it. As it is, I see none and they do my visa too. Even now, as I sit here getting ready to go in, I dread it. I really hate it. Oh, drat, stiff upper lip...you can do it!!!

Ciao all!

Last edited by redballoon; 01-13-2006 at 07:07 PM.
Old 01-13-2006, 08:00 PM   #84  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hi girls, I tried posting earlier but my posts kept getting eaten up in cyberspace Anyway, just wanted to say hello. I'm going to take a nap now then go on my walk later. I've noticed I'm more tired in the afternoon after my 2 hr therapy session. i've got bruises on my right thigh from that darn deep tissue massage...fingerprints!

Kempy, if you go to the Announcements and Forum help thread section, there's a thread about the problem with signatures. Apparently they are trying something new--limiting your signature to your first post only if you post multiple times on a thread. There is also a poll to gauge whether 3FC members would like the signatures to appear on each post (like usual) but be limited to the number of characters in your signature line OR to only allow the siggie to appear once on the thread. If you guys haven't already voted on it, go to the thread here! http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72166 if you wanna read about the changes, go here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71887 Oh yeah, and congrats on your continued WW progress. Isn't it weird how easy it seems? That's a good thing!

Red, I love the name Shachi and why you named him that

Cherie, please don't feel like you have to be all gung-ho and motivated to post here. God knows I wasn't motivated for like A YEAR and I was still posting here regularly We want to know what's happening with you and your girls no matter what...I'm nosy like that Hey, are those OK fires affecting anywhere near you? To make matters worse, isn't WA state flooding out from all the rain? That's just crazy. I wish there were some way to divert all that water up north to where it's needed to put the fires out.

I gotta go for now, but hello to all
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 06:42 AM   #85  

Just a short note to let everyone know I'm going back to CA for this weekend. I won't be able to post, but I hope everyone has a great weekend.
Keep up the good work; you are all inspirations for me.

Red: I know what you mean about feeling strange or nervous about talking to someone from this post, but I've actually met 2 of these wonderful ladies. I can't wait until we can all meet sometime.

Kempy: You'll enjoy your cruise so much. My brother and his family took a cruise to the same places you're headed to and they loved it. They left out of NO, but that was before Katrina. They've done several cruises. I haven't started a day countdown yet as we are not leaving until June. We will be in Europe for almost 5 weeks. We leave June 8 (the day after school is out) and return July 12. We will be in Paris for 5 days then renting a car and driving to Italy. We're doing some castle tours (Ashley is excited and wants to know if she'll meet any real princesses ) and the last 2 days we are taking her to Disneyland Paris (she doesn't know about that yet). I'm looking forward to it.
We'll be in Italy for about 2 weeks visiting family.

Hello to everyone else. I'll be back on Monday.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 07:25 AM   #86  
Never give up

Noelle, Thanks for the word on the voting. I told my other thread too. For long threads I think the signatures are very important!! We need to keep them every post I think!! People can be asked or forced to shorten them. Some people's are a bit much....
Old 01-14-2006, 08:16 AM   #87  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Default Weigh Day!!!

Happy Saturday. Today is weighday and I am down 2 1/2 pounds this week. That makes up for my bloat and a nice little loss to boot. I cant complain! So now my TOTAL losss so far is 26.5 pounds. I like that because I can enjoy fattier food on Saturdays and I am not feeling deprived or guilty.

Cal, Have fun in California!

Red, Shachi is so cute! I love the name.

Dips, You lucky girl you! I am so happy for you that you have lost so much weight that you need to get your clothes refitted. YEAH!!!! You are doing great!

Cherie, I didnt know you were getting sued. I am glad it all worked out for you. I am with Noelle, Dont stay away. I havent dieted for about 2 years now and I was here most of the time except....when I went on my little pity party for myself. I am glad everyone dragged me back because I wouldnt be where I am now if it wasnt for all of you.

Kempy, You are gonna be a hottie for your cruise. I cant wait to hear all about it when you get back either. Get pics of the buffets, I hear they are beautiful they way they arrange the fruits and stuff.

Noelle, I did the poll too. I liked it the way it was. It is so much easier to keep track of everyone.

Well, The kitten is fitting in great. She already tears around with Teddy and Tyson. Meanie(my himalayan) is all interested in her. I think it is beacuse she is the only other long haired cat we have ever owned. He usually hates all the other cats and hisses at them but he doesnt to her.
Old 01-14-2006, 08:19 AM   #88  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

See what I mean about the ticker. I just posted a loss and now I have no ticker to mark it until the next page.
Old 01-14-2006, 10:44 AM   #89  
so close, yet so far...

Go Angie,
Go Angie!!!
I'm so proud of you for sticking to it! You know the signature problem? If you go to your User control panel and choose edit options, look for Thread Display Mode--if you select Linear--Newest First, the signatures will appear on last post a person posted on the thread. The only drawback is that the newest post will appear first, meaning you will have to get used to reading the thread backwards (the first post is the latest so you read it from the bottom of the page upwards) I know if kind of sucks for the time being, but I guess the great gals at 3FC are working on making the website the best it can be for everyone, and some people still have dial up and old slow computers. Those long siggies take up space on the server and take forever to load for some... sorry, I go off on tangents some times....Congrats again on your loss!!!!

Cal, enjoy your weekend! It sounds great. Your European vacation sounds fantastic as well. Ashley is very fortunate to have the opportunities to go places at her age. You guys rock! Oh yeah, tell Ashley that she's already met royalty--she met a Queen when she met me Just kidding!

Hi to Red, Kempy, Julie, Cherie, Dips and everyone. Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 01-14-2006, 10:57 AM   #90  
so close, yet so far...

Oh yeah, one more thing...Red, have you ever been to tickerfactory.com? They have a "red balloon" ticker slider...check it out!

AND tickerfactory allows the weight changes to be shown in .2 increments, not just whole lbs.

Just thought I'd share that with you guys. Can you tell I have a lot of time on my hands? I know tickerfactory is allowed on 3FC, Suzanne mentioned it in one of her posts.