Old 12-13-2005, 09:44 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Laura, you have me mistaken with Melissa...she's our superwoman, I don't come close

Melissa, I bet it is incredibly horrible to be in your shoes. I'm sure it is painful to hear about your daughter being dirty and possibly homeless, but at the same time that works in your favor for keeping Logan safe with you. Sounds like you're probably torn with emotion for them both. I cannot imagine how you get through it, but it sounds like it's not the first time so maybe not so hard this time around. Logan comes first, though I wish there was a way to save Kate as well...seems she doesn't want to be saved though.

I kept OP yesterday and got in 2.5 hours execise and feel good today. I have to clean my messy house and don't want to though.

Theresa
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 10:16 AM   #107  

I really don't know why she is more interested in Logan the girls Laura. I think once the ink was dry, she just figured she lost and would just distance herself and then totally focused on Logan since he at this time has no Father where the girls do. I guess she named another fella and Michelle told me no worries about him ever getting custody. It sounded to me yesterday that she knows Kate isn't able to care for Logan but the whole thing is a process and she is trying to get Kate some services and see if she can get some help. It is so very hard because on the one hand she is my only daughter and I love her but I have to be hard in order to keep the kids all safe and secure. At least at this point and time, she doesn't want to be saved. I blew it again yesterday too. I know I am just letting things get to me so I must focus!

My mom called me last night and apparently the gals she plays cards with once a month adopted my little motley crew and bought the kids clothes and some toys and put money in an envelope and told me to get my haircut LOL. I haven't been able to get my hair done since I got the girls in May of 2004! I am just blown away at all the way God is meeting our needs this month and then some. Now I just need to get my head out of the fog and get it going again before I wind up back where I was. I do not want that to happen.
Melissa
neo98292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 10:36 AM   #108  

Melissa- You are the SuperWoman. I think Kate's not caring very much about the girls would have an affect on any effort she might have to get Logan. She certainly hasn't shown any ability to tend to her daighters, so why would any court let her near Logan?
Theresa- You're awfully good too.
Melissa- Maybe the next few days shoould be about not gaining any weight back, and if you don't lose any, it's ok. It just adds more pressure to such a tense time regarding the kids and the holidays. So if you can stay OP, it's teriffic, and if you go over your points just a little bit, it's ok. No binges, no craziness. The holidays are over in just 2 weeks and the New Year brings new welcome resolve. I think this is one day at a time time. I think I'm going to do that starting Saturday night, our next party. Friday night we have to take 2 people out to dinner for work, and I think I can manage that, but I think Saturday night's goal we be to stay within 2000 calories for the day. No lose, no gain. What do you all think?
Laura
LauraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 11:05 AM   #109  

Laura, I think you are very right. Just get through this month and then you can turn your focus back to the weight loss. Right now there is just so much gong on for everyone.

Melissa, don't be so hard on yourself. Look at all you are dealing with right now! Something has to give, and it cannot be the kids so it has to be this. I think you should do as Laura and focus just on maintaining until the holidays are over. Then you can settle into normal routine--there can be no normal when you have kids in December--and get back to it. Christmas is a very hard time to adjust to a new baby and dealing with Kate, so just cut yourself some slack and look forward to January. Enjoy the kids and their Christmas excitement, and just hope not to gain. I'm rooting for ya!

I am feeling the pressure here myself as I watch the bank with my breath held. Spending money before it's actually in the bank is a no no and I know better, but I just caught the shopping bug and now since Allie colored over the check it's taking longer to get credited and I'm hoping they will push it through before our car insurance comes out ***CRINGE*** I will hate it if part of our next paycheck has to go to cover overdraft charges on Christmas shopping that really could have waited.

I really blame hubby because he said he was going to do the deposit, so when he left out I assumed he did that. Next thing I find the check, on the floor, scribbled all over, and suddenly realized he didn't take it! Had he done his job, it wouldn't have happened...also, I would have put it up where kids couldn't get it, he doesn't think like that though.

Tyler is in a mean phase, hitting nonstop and he just nailed me in the back with a drum stick. How do I break him of this? Nothing I do seems to work.

Theresa
Old 12-13-2005, 12:44 PM   #110  

Letting myself off the hook sounds like a great idea! I will just try to maintain over the next few weeks and watch what I eat and more importantly what time I do it. As for Tyler...I suppose anything he hits with needs to be taken away and let him see you throw it in the garbage-you can always take it out later and hide it until he gets over it. Tell him if he can't be nice with the toy it is going to go away. Amanda's thing is hitting in the face, pulling hair and jumping on people and I have yet to break her of that. With Dess, just getting down to her level and telling her it isn't nice, reduces her to tears and then I make her say she is sorry for hitting. She doesn't do it hardly at all anymore but she is 3 now too.

Mom went to see Narnia today and I am sooooo jealous! I want to go see it so bad but I will have to wait until it comes out for rental and get it then unless there is a miracle-LOL. Jason is supposed to be home on the 22nd so maybe if he comes up early I will foist the kids on him hehehe. We will see. Well I am off to mop and get some more of this muck mucked out here-it is just never ending.
Melissa
Old 12-13-2005, 12:51 PM   #111  
I hate my scale

S/C/G: 173/165/130

hey everyone just stopped by to say that I am still among the living - Tho the "diet" has fallen to nothing ( eating better - whats that?) and i really was not in anyway OP at all these past few days -I am back to it TODAY! but one day at a time and no beating myself up over eating a cookie-
I didn't get home til 10 o'clock for 3 nights in a row and last night i crashed early. I am on lunch so just jotting a quick HI and missed you all !
I will get on later and re read post etc..
see ya'll later!
Sandi
sandisuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 07:45 PM   #112  

Sandi, join the club and just try to maintain until the new year...only a few weeks, we can make it ladies!

I found a new exercise program that is FREE and that I love. It's a new show on FitTV called All Star Workout, it's on at 9AM and 5PM and will have different well known fitness people teaching different sorts of classes each day. I did a hip hop dance thing tonight that I just loved.It was challenging and fun and I sweated to death. I think I'm going to wait for it to be replayed and then tape it, it's an hour long and I am really looking for things with length like that...since everything I got now tops out at 20-30 minutes and I hate switching DVDs around.

Theresa
Old 12-13-2005, 08:07 PM   #113  
I hate my scale

S/C/G: 173/165/130

I TOTALLY agree That maintain is the word of the month.
I didn't eat "bad" Fri- Sat- Sun But i didn't eat very OP either.
although i was in a room with over 100 platters of cookies and I only ate 1 chocolate PB cookie. and we ran around like crazed people for 3 days 10 hours a day so i had to have gotten some exercise in - but the cantata was a huge success and everything was perfect. now i can relax till Easter!

I am now trying to catch up on housework and I am not doing a very good job of it.. oh well again tomorrow is another day and no one died from having a floor that needs a good sweeping. i used the excuse i needed to exercise instead- hubby bought it.. (shhh)
Theresa- theres alot of great shows on Fittv and another channel we get (?) that I have taped and tried- i liked a few and hated others. I hope all goes well with the check- i would be in a panic.
Melissa- I hope kate can get some help and make some better decisions -i am sorry this is happening in your family. and i agree with theresa & Laura- just chill and don't beat yourself up over everything!
Laura- I am with you on one day at a time- i have a party Friday night and a party Saturday night- friday will be tough as it is potluck and who knows what there will be -Sat will be easy as alot of others that will be there are dieting too!
Kayelle- I kept thinking of your success when i was faced with COOKIES & CANDY all weekend. Thanks!

Have a good night all - thanks again for Your support and friendship!
Sandi
sandisuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 11:11 PM   #114  

I think we are doing the right thing with these 2nd half of December goals to not gain and maybe even lose. I felt less stressed today about food and weight etc, now that that goal is in mind and I don't think I had more than 1000 calories. I had 1/2 a grilled cheese and a pear for supper, no lunch and a cheesey egg for breakfast. Snack was a tiny dish of granola without milk and 2 cookies. Very not OP, but definately not a weight gain. I like it for a change. I also like knowing that come the morning of Jan 2, 2006, (after New Years Day party) I will be back OP and happy about it and definately not weighing more than I do today.
This is not permission to binge or use food emotionally etc. It just means that celebrating the season means enjoying food too, and not worrying or feeling like a failure or losing control and having to beat up on myself. Yea
I took my mom back to her house today after 5 days here with us. She is very forgetful, mobility is difficult and she just wants to stay in bed most of the day. We only left the house Saturday night. The rest of the time she slept, dozed or read the same thing over and over. DH is more upset than I am. He is crazy about her and can't stand to watch her fading away. I am stronger.
Laura
Old 12-14-2005, 10:28 AM   #115  

Sorry to hear about your Mom, Laura. It's so hard to watch our parents/grandparents age. I know I just always expect them to stay how I remember them when I was little, but it just doesn't happen that way and it's really sad to deal with.

Sandi congrats on the successful contata! I'm sure it is a big relief to have that over with! Great job only having one cookie in a room full of them! I am hoping that I can be that strong at my Grandma's house on Saturday.

I haven't tried any of the exercise programs on TV, Theresa. Thanks for a great idea! I might just have to see what's on today. It would be fun to try something different.

Melissa I'm so glad that your mom's card playing friends are helping you out. Nobody deserves it more than you do, and I'm sure they can see that. You do so much for those kids. Enjoy the haircut! And I know you don't get much of a chance to do anything for yourself, but I do hope you can find a way to go see Narnia.

Well...yesterday was a late start due to fog...today school is cancelled due to snow so I get a nice unexpected day off. Sometimes I really love working in a school. Then again in the spring we have to make up these days when it's NICE outside, so that's not so great, either, but at least I get a lot of my summer off. I can really use the day today, though, to get some stuff done around the house and plan some Christmas activities for the kids. It gets harder as they get older but I still like to think of a few ways to make Christmas Eve and Christmas really special for them (with things other than presents). Suggestions are very welcome if anybody has any ideas (my kids are 13 and 15).

I am trying to plan ahead also so that I can get through Saturday without going on a binge. It will be in the evening so that helps, I'll be home most of the day and can stay on track with eating and get some exercise in. At Thanksgiving she had a noon meal and then everybody was just eating all day long. My plan for the night is to have the things I really want but only little bits of them, and pass completely on the things that aren't my favorites, and STOP when I'm not hungry anymore. I just don't want to make myself sick again...I have to keep reminding myself that it's just not worth it. I know I have a little bit of a buffer zone now and it's not the end of the world if I put a pound or two on this month, but I have such a terrible time getting back on track once I go off, and I HATE HATE HATE that icky full, sick feeling. So...I am going to join you all and do my best to maintain through the Christmas season. We can all do this!! I know we can!!
KayElle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 08:48 PM   #116  

Today was a good day with food, not wonderful and healthy, but less than 1200 calories.
Sandi- I'm glad your contata went well and so did the cookie challange.Which contata was it? I wish I could sing and be in a chorus, but alas I have a terrible time with intonation and my DH, who is a fine musician, says it's hopeless. I am a good listener, and now that the kids are out of the house we go to lots more concerts and the opera.
Kayelle- I like your plan I will do the same thing Saturday night.
Where is everyone????
Laura
Old 12-14-2005, 09:33 PM   #117  

Another emotional day for me. Another group of my mom's blessed me immensly and I guess there is more coming. Logan has just been very clingy and calls mama constantly. I have hardly gotten anything done around here now for two days. I can go get Joshua a haircut and something decent to wear for the pictures on Saturday. I am just not even paying attention about food and I know I am eating too much. I keep wondering what my gig is and why I can't seem to stay focused enough to maintain during the month. It makes me mad at myself.
melissa
Old 12-14-2005, 09:43 PM   #118  

Go easy on yourself Melissa. Do your best not to gain right now and things will be easier once the holidays are over. Would Josh look nice in a cotton turtleneck for the photos? My boys never had sport jackets except for the 2 times they were in a wedding party. They grow out of them so fast, it doesn't pay to spend the money. The same with real shoes versas sneakers. I only bought real shoes when there was a special occasion. My youngest son is wild for shoes now. He must have 20 pairs. Maybe he was shoe deprived by is thrifty mother. My oldest just wears one pair of sneakers everyday till they fall apart.
Laura
Old 12-14-2005, 10:06 PM   #119  

I was thinking about a nice sweater or turtleneck for him. I am going with Theresa's idea and give the Santa hats to the boys to wear since I know Amanda will not where hers no matter what and that way they will look like they go together. Logan got the cutest Oshkosh overall outfit so I may go with that one for him. Josh will be in the back of the picture since he is so big and no one will see his Darth Vader shoes. It is getting hard to find character things since he is getting so big. Fred Meyer told me they could special order the underware but I would have to buy a case-no one needs that many pair of underware-LOL. He managed that one ok but he is having a harder time with the shoe thing. He gets some he likes and it is hard to get him to wear anything else. I bought him a pair of black rubber boots this summer because he was going to the river with his dad every weekend and just trashing his tennis shoes. That child would wear nothing else for months! It was hysterical. He would have on his shorts and a tank top and those black rubber boots. I am just glad he will look as nice as the other kids and I think we are going to have a great time on Saturday.
Melissa
Old 12-14-2005, 10:13 PM   #120  

I'm glad you are looking forward to a nice day. My Joe wore a pair of cowboy boots for months when he was 5. He wore them with everything. When we went to court to finalize his adoption, he wouldn't wear his new clothes and went in his cowboy outfit, plaid shirt, jeans, vest, belt and boots. He was adorable. I'm sure your kids will look gorgeous in their photo and I hope you will share it with all of us.
Laura