Old 12-02-2005, 10:07 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Misty, resist chocolate is a great goal! Mine must be resist fruit roll ups..why do they make those things so dang good? My TOM will hit right after Christmas, which puts the terror munchy week before it....right at the holiday same as thanksgiving and I didn't do so great on that one.

I did fat burning pilates workout just now and WOW it is a great workout. I sweated myself to death, chugged down a ton of water, and it's really fun. I got my heartrate up and kept it there all the way through, and it wasn't so difficult that I was left exhausted. I feel really good afer it. I think I'm going to work my exercise routine around to include it more than twice a week. I was surprised it's not all mat work like I thought of pilates, it's an actual cardio workout with unique moves that i had so much fun with.

Theresa
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 08:38 PM   #17  

Tried on the pants I am hoping to wear on Christmas, last try on I couldnt' get them over my hips, now I can pull them all the way up but can't quite button them. Almost there....
Old 12-02-2005, 09:12 PM   #18  
I hate my scale

S/C/G: 173/165/130

resisting chocolate is soo hard! we went to walgreens last night for some cold medicine and they had all this Christmas Candy- chocolate covered cherries and peppermints etc.. all on sale and i drooled but didn't buy anything. I wanted to tho- I mean i really wanted to-

theresa on the pants

I got thru rehearsal ok and didn't eat any of the candy they had -my eating wan't great today as things ran late and i ate dinner really late - got too hungry- I need to get some meal bars for situations like this.
i am really nervous about this cantata as I am in charge of making sure everyone gets their cues on time. but i tend to get nervous about lots of things so it's normal- at least this year I am not eating everything in site cause i am nervous.

I offically hate dishes and laundry. that's all I'll say on that!
But now i have to be off to do above hated things.

I must exercise tomorrow- I must exercise tomorrow... keep repeating
hide in fear of being wacked again if I don't exercise!
sandisuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 09:33 AM   #19  
mmmm.. ice cream

S/C/G: 238/135/125

Height: 5'4"

it sounds like everyone is off to a great start on december. my goal for this month is pretty much the same as all my other ones -- get to the gym 4x a week and *lose*! the scale showed a setback last two times but i am hoping it was just food and coffee. yeah right. kinda messed up yesterday. dh and i had a fight, so i had no motivation to make dinner. i ordered pizza. they were 3 for $15 -- what a deal, right? yikes. i didn't know it, but pizza is a trigger food for me. i don't have many, but that is one. i could not stop eating. at least it was thin crust. but i ate, like, a whole medium pizza. =
well that is not going to happen again. no pizza for me again, ever. it may be a trigger because i like it, but i won't die if i don't have it. funny.. i would die without ice cream, but i can stop eating it after one scoop. so weird.
if i can stay op and get to the gym, i can make my dec. 19 goal of 145. i can do it
cadwell125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 09:42 AM   #20  

I think I need to do one day at a time. I just can't think too far ahead cause there is too much holiday stuff going on with friends. We just got invited to a dinner party next Saturday and there is a party buffet the following Saturday and today is DIL's birthday. And then there is New Years Eve. Yesterday friends came for dinner and brought a huge box of cookies, which I will ask DH to hide far away from me. I had meat sauce without the pasta and a salad, but then I had apple crisp. I shouldn't have.
So here's my plan:
One day at a time and I will post the plan of the day. That way I will have to follow it. Please join me if you think it will help you too.
Today-an omlette for late breakfast with 1 egg, onion, spinach, cheese, anda 2 tiny sausages, an apple and tea.
No lunch cause of giagantic breakfast.
dinner- a huge salad with everything in it
Snacks- and apple and a pear

We have a big job today, cleaning out the garage so a car can go in it. It's nice when it's real cold to get into the car in the garage rather than outside, but it is a big mess.
Laura
LauraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 10:22 AM   #21  

Laura, we cleaned out our garage a few weeks ago so hubby could put the motorcycle in there when he's gone....have fun

Cadwell, could the cheese be the trigger food for you? That is one of mine, and at one point I thought it was just pizza. I learned that any full fat cheese I have the same trigger. Now I used reduced fat and the part-skim mozzarella, those don't do me in. I even make little bagel pizzas in the toaster oven using WW mini bagels, sugar free pizza sauce, part skim mozz, and veggies on top (I like green olives and tomotoes)...they are very good and my kids eat them up like nothing. On the other hand, it could have been a case of emotional eating over the fight, you just had yourself worked up and not caring at the moment. It could also have been that you haven't had pizza in a long time and just loved it so much you got carried away? I would just watch when you eat cheese in other meals and see if some sorts of it have the same trigger for you..or maybe not, just a thought

Sandi....Did you exercise? Huh, did ya? Got the snowball man warming up his arm Resisting chocolate was hard, but YOU DID IT!!!!

I finally get something back from freecycle and am thrilled! A really good friend who I met through that list is moving and is in a rough spot. Their house is sold and she must be out by Monday, but the house they were going to move into fell through and they had to make sudden change to move into an apartment for awhile, while finding another house to buy. SO, she has one of those huge outside trampolines, one of the really big rectangle ones, and she was going to ask me to post it on freecycle for her if I didn't want it myself...we have been wanting one of those for a long time so we are going to get it tomorrow!!!!! This more than makes up for everything I ever gave away on that list, plus more. I couldn't be happier. I found someone who has an exercise ball as well and will try to pick that up while we are out that way. Imagine what exercise I can get jumping on that trampoline! YAY!

Theresa
Old 12-03-2005, 12:10 PM   #22  
I hate my scale

only have a minute cause i have yet ANOTHER rehearsal in an hour -
YES- sorry theresa- no I was up at 4:30 a.m. making hubby ( he had to be in at 5:00 today)-breakfast and then at 5:00 a.m. I got on the bike and rode for 35 minutes. 35 LONNNNNNG minutes- ( then i took a nap till 8 a.m.
I like the daily plan too- I have my notebook at the ready and every day is planned out. I am stopping by walgreens to grab a couple glucerna bars to stave off hunger if practice goes late.
I'll post longer later re what my plans look like
Laura Your Omlets look sooo yummy

Hey Melissa is missing- I hope all the kids are ok and she's feeling ok ???

Theresa on the trampoline- it sounds like FUN
Old 12-03-2005, 12:36 PM   #23  
MakingChanges...

Theresa- Congrats on getting to move your ticker!

Christmas is my favorite time of year. And, usually, it would be my toughest time of year to diet ~ for one, the cold weather makes it hard for me to want to crawl out of my nice cozy blanket ~ then there is all the hot cocoa, stews and chilli's that are all so filling, you hardly feel like exercising after you eat ~ and more importantly, my biggest obstacle, is my Mother LOVES to bake for the holidays! It has been our tradition for years, to get together and make baked goods for churches, nursing homes, etc. And, ofcourse, we "must" sample them for quality.. lol .. Luckily for me, this year, my MoM has informed me that we will not be able to do this, as she has to travel for her work and does not feel like we would have neough time for baking! She sounded disappointed, so I played along .. but secretly, I was THRILLED! Don't get me wrong, I will miss the quality time with my mother .. BUT, I won't miss the 5 or so lbs I usually gain from the "taste-testing" .. lol

My goals for this week : To control my meal portions, drink 1 gal of water a day, and to exercise everyday for ATLEAST 15 mins ~which is good for me considering how out of shape I am these days. Wish me luck!
Rayne33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 12:45 PM   #24  

I am here! Thursday was errends-lots of them and then yesterday I had to take Logan to wic, grocerystore for formula and milk, and then he had shots. I was exhausted by the time I got home. We got snow last night so the plans for pictures and santa are cancelled which part of me is happy for. Logan was up at 5a and went down for his nap right as the girls were getting up. We rescheduled for the 17th which means pics won't be ready to give out for christmas but I don't care. Just important they get done. I have hardly seen Josh since 730a as he is busy in the snow. So today I will get the house put back together do laundry and if I still feel like anything will start decorating for Christmas. I am supposed to take Logan in for his visit with kate on monday at 1p. She was supposed to call michelle at 2 yesterday to confirm but I don't think she did since michelle never called me back. Fine by me really. Joshua bought me earings at the school store yesterday. He actually bought me two pair but after he showed me the other ones he told me he had to save those to give me for christmas-too cute. I am going to try and get the daily menus for myself done today so I am ready to go when I can get groceries-the good ones, not the top ramen and garbage I had to buy. I can already tell a difference in how I feel and I am needing to be back in my game and feeling energized again. Have a great day!
Melissa
neo98292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 01:18 PM   #25  

Melissa, glad to hear you are getting back on track. I can imagine you were worn out after all that running with the kids! Babies just make things much more difficult, but you have to enjoy it anyway because soon they will no longer be babies! I am looking forward to the day I can say "okay, everyone in the car!" and they can get there by themselves! Of course, I also don't want them to grow up, it's confusing being mommy, isn't it?

GOOD LUCK Rayne!! You can do it!!! Maybe it would help to set a specific time you're going to exercise, so you can't push it off until too late.

great job exercising Sandi. Now, when are you due for another spin? Snowball man is still warming up that arm.

I have nothing to report. I'm doing nothing today because tomorrow is going to be super busy. We have to go to the dump and get rid of a broken recliner (my kids are so lovely ) and then go to Gastonia to pick up the exercise ball and trampoline, which means dropping at least 1 kid at MILs because we can't all fit in the truck, then off to buy the dryer and catch up with the piles of laundry I have been cringing at. So, today is rest up day.

I'm trying to make an appointment to get the kids pictures done, but they won't answer the stupid phone

Theresa
Old 12-03-2005, 09:11 PM   #26  
I hate my scale

well along with riding the bike this a.m. I was on my feet for 2 hours straight running around gettting costumes together etc.. crawling around on the floor marking spots and gettting measuring - and does stress burn calories?? Lots of stress going on we did have some fun- the 18 month old who is playing little Jesus at the end of the cantata was trying to high five all the angels when they lifted their hands (wings) that broke up all the seriousness of everthing.
WOW Melissa- you are so busy- way to go on planning meals. I am finding it is saving me $$$$$$ and really helping to figure out what to eat.

Monday for exercise (ducking and dodging snowballs has to burn a few calories too I skip Sunday's for exercise as they are so busy around here-But if i am home in the afternoon I may do some video-
Tomorrow Breakfast is egg whites ,tomatoes and ww toast with tea
Lunch is tuna salad with wheat thins, dinner is chicken and dumplings- ( I use the new heart smart bisquick and Skim milk ) carrots and green beans
Snacks are apples and popcorn
I am NOT staying for the holiday dinner after church tomorrow as I know that i will overeat and blow my day in a very very bad way. it'll be bad enough with little old ladies tempting me -

I relate with kids growing up- Jocie can walk herself inot school now- used to be mommy would walk her to the front door and we would have kisses and hugs and have a good day etc.. Now that's she's in 2nd grade and it's all bye mom- Mom- I can go by myself..
Everyone have a great night-
Sandi
Old 12-03-2005, 10:00 PM   #27  

I got thru today, staying OP, and staying with what I posted this AM as my food for the day. I think it helped that it was written down and I would have felt stupid if I did something else. I avoided my DIL's birthday and a dinner invitation. I just can't do it right now. Too hard to stay OP and I like it much better when I am following a plan than when not. I really want to look good by spring and now is when it matters.
I am thinking thru all the holiday temptations and in reality, what's the difference between staying OP at holiday times, or regular times? Does it really matter if you turn down sweets at some one elses house or at your own? Maybe a good idea is to go to whatever occasions come up looking real good, wearing something that makes you feel like you are changing and hold on to that good feeling.
I watched my size 2 DIL and her size 2 mom and sister, (they are barely 5 feet tall) eat small portions and just a little bit of dessert last week. They definately care more about how they look than eating something they don't need. And they are not angry or disappointed when they say no. At my son's wedding last year, her mother had lots of choices re what to wear and
I had a miserable time, finally buying a black long skirt and an incredibly expensive top that I didn't like, but it went good and it fit and I was grateful. NO MORE.
I am ranting.
I will post Sunday's food in the morning. I'll probably just do the same as today because I have everything in the house and it was on ok day.
Laura
LauraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 10:02 PM   #28  

I blew it I haven't seen hubby in a week and was really down and missing him today, and he was on his way home and kept getting delayed by everything under the sun. Allie wanted to bake him cookies so I agreed, and soon as I took them out of the oven he called and said he would be home in the morning. I miss him and it's not fair and I hung up and ate FIVE COOKIES. FIVE!!!! They were down the hatch before I even realized it was FIVE. I thought I was beyond doing this to myself

Cookies won't make him get home any sooner. Cookies won't murder his boss for sending him so far away on a Thursday night. Cookies will do nothing but make me miserable and disappointed in myself and that helps nothing. I feel so horrible, not physically but emotionally.

Of course, there was the old days where I'd have eaten every last one of them then went searching for chips to top it off, so I guess there has been some progress made. But still, FIVE!!! That's a lot of calories and fat

Theresa
Old 12-03-2005, 10:07 PM   #29  

Laura, thank you for your rant, it is what I needed to hear tonight. You hit home with me on so many points. I really want to be able to wear comfortable shorts next year, to wear cute spring clothes and a bathing suit and not feel like everyone is staring...and NOW is the time that matters for that. NOW is when I need to focus if I want that to be my reality. I am not going to focus on holidays and birthdays, but on spring and feeling comfortable when it comes to stripping off the coats and jeans.

I also don't want to just settle for what fits anymore, I want my choice of where to shop and what I wear...because I like it, not because it's the only thing that fits. You have put my focus where it needs to be, thank you very, very much.
Old 12-04-2005, 06:49 AM   #30  
mmmm.. ice cream

S/C/G: 238/135/125

Height: 5'4"

theresa, don't feel bad about the cookies. it's in the past and like you said, you need to think ahead to spring and your goal. since 3500 extra calories equal one pound, it would take five times as many cookies as you had to gain even one pound. theoretically i guess. so we can safely forget our slip-ups i think. what really trips up people in our situation is letting one mistake convince us to give up, and none of us are going to do that!
i think you are right about the pizza. i was all emo and it had been awhile since i had that kind of pizza, which is my fave. i think i also let go of some inhibitions courtesy of a little vino. well it more than a little not that that didn't add a few calories in and of itself
laura, you idea about posting food for the day in advance is great. i think i will copy your idea -- tomorrow i will have an egg white and vegetable omelet and bacon for breakfast (260 cals), lunch at church (~400 cals), and ravioli for dinner (360 cals). i may also have some snack or treat (200 cals at the most!) i have a hard time planning exactly, but something is better than nothing. i will also try and get dh to hit the gym with me for the 3rd day in a row.. yay!
cadwell125 is offline   Reply With Quote