Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 11:54 PM   #121  

Well, I wonder if somebody started a new thread, since I just came to my senses and SUBSCRIBED to this one. It only took me a couple of years.

Shatz... congrats on weight loss... What have you been doing... EATING plastic punkins? or something with no calories? I might get halloween "stuff" out tomorrow... I wanted to go to www.bigtex.com but tomorrow's the "big game" between UT and Oklahoma so it would be full of drunken college students as well as the farmers and thrill seekers. Maybe a TUESDAY!

Cookie.. I adore cookies, and you are included. Welcome and I hope you are high and dry.

Kiwi-- so is Diva yours? but not ready to come to your house yet? I spent a whole client hour with a couple who had argued about whether they "needed" to get a third dog that was just "soooooo cute." I think it was one of these. . I can't see one of these really fitting in with a Dachshound and Chihuahua... especially for $600+. But the best news was that by the end of the hour the clients understood each other and had a REAL truce.

SugP... your suggestions on de-icing were great. I think a heated garage, 4 br house are wonderful... I'm glad I have a DH who helps, too.

Our first hard freeze is usually sometime in February... well, at least some years. So frost doesn't usually last very long!

DH and I went to see Wallace and Gromit and the Were Rabbit this afternoon. I laughed lots and it cheered him out of a cranky mood (which he complained of but which didn't even show.) I wish that the urge to eat veggies would have rubbed off on me....

Wabbs... glad you headache is gone. I hope you have time to play with your new mixer over the weekend. I have the King Arthur Flour Cookie Companion on my Amazon wishlist. Egad. That will not help any resolutions here... I'll be glad to sample/test any of yours!!

Maybe I'll get a pilates or yoga CD with the Border's card DH gave me... I must get some strength, stamina and flexibility back. I saw the Radiology/Oncologist today and he says the radiation could make me EVEN more tired, affect bone density, as well as make my boobs tan "unevenly" or perhaps peel. I wish the researchers would find a vaccine for breast cancer. I did get a free flue shot out of the deal, though... they were giving those out to anyone who moved by Shannon the shot-giver slowly enough.

Best to all. ttyl.
Old 10-08-2005, 03:38 AM   #122  
loves kleenex box art

My friend who scraped the Bush bumper stick off her car got a call while I was at her house tonight. It was the Republican party calling to ask what she thinks are the biggest isues facing the country. They gave her some choices and she chose the war & taxes. Then they asked how she feels the president is doing and she said her feelings were mixed. Then they asked if she could make a contribution. She said, "You're calling to ask me for money." They replied, "It takes money to run things." She ended the call with, "Why don't you talk to Cheney and see how much Halliburton can pitch in."

I probably misspelled it all. It's 2:38 am.
Old 10-08-2005, 08:39 AM   #123  

Peachie, I have my display set to see about 40 posts per page...I'm up to page 4... so I am off to begin a new Thread!
Closed Thread