Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 02:13 PM   #46  
loves kleenex box art

Good one, Shots.

My living room is so nicer looking than when I worked. Pictures are finally on the wall. We've only been here 2 years and I kept thinking I didn't have what I wanted. Finally, I look pictures that DS made in school and some I owned and we picked out a little group and it's over the sofa and good. Wanna see?

Grrr. I took a picture and was goona show you but I forgot how and DS ever-so-smartly installed the program in SPANISH>
Old 09-28-2005, 02:34 PM   #47  

Oh Schatzi! that was a good one!!!!

Peachez, we all know the best man for the job is a woman! Good luck dearie. Yup. show us the pictures. I had a cool old metal screen thingie that I wanted DH to hang in our bedroom. He promised me he would for a couple months. No such luck. I hung it, along w/ a couple pictures and a purty little wreath thingie when he was gone to the rodeo. Now this is hanging right over the mans head while he sleeps. He never mentioned it. I swear he didn't even notice. We haven't had this much decorating talk since your sissie used to hang around, Peach.

Schatzi, these critters are for eating, not milking. That's why I don't like to get to know them personally. I don't make eye contact. My appt. with the hair salon is tonight. Not a minute too soon.

Good job on the puppy training, Kiwi. You deserve full credit.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:45 PM   #48  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

YESSSSSSS----lushie used to love redecorating and painting and the like---i do miss that---i would like to paint my dining room candy cane red with cloud white trim----i intend to HAVE IT DONE by my gay painter----i want the bedroom painted as well----now that we are discussing this------let us see the pics of peachbat's living room ---kiwi---teach her how!!!!!
Old 09-28-2005, 03:03 PM   #49  
loves kleenex box art

Maybe this will work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0155.JPG (44.6 KB, 13 views)
Old 09-28-2005, 04:33 PM   #50  

ooh that's a loverly arrangement! It looks like DS is quite talented as well.

Wabby: do you eat the cows..like takem to a butcher and make london broils and rump roasts? Yummmmm

Bagzzz" that dining room colors sounds very striking!

Kiwi is probably tuckered out from all her new mommy duties....
Old 09-28-2005, 05:12 PM   #51  
fatter than U

Oooh, Peachy! That looks very, very nice.

Schatz - I got that joke last week in an e mail from my mother! Hilarious! "Colour correction, eh?" Sounds serious. What did you use when you highlighted your hair at home and what kind of base colour did you have? I've got all the equipment but now I'm afraid.

Wabs! How's the hair?

Bagzie- how're the cows?

Kiweenie - hope you're getting some sleep. Jette looks adorable. Will she stay black?

I started feeling odd yesterday afternoon, went to bed at 9:30 p.m., sent the kids off to school and slept for another 3 hours only to wake up with a brutal headache and spend the rest of the day in an ibuprofen induced haze. I hate it when that happens. Can heartburn give you coughing attacks?
Old 09-29-2005, 03:07 AM   #52  

Poor Sug... Hope you are feeling better.

Shatz... I hadn't gotten THAT joke yet... THANK you. I hear that the people in the beltway say he's drinking again... that would 'splain a lot, but it doesn't make me feel any better.
What do you think about that giant squid they took pictures of? Not amphibious but pretty amazing.

Wabbs-- We deserve rewards for our virtue(s).... What's available besides chocolate?

Good luck with the job hunt, Cowie.... .
I'm off to a new novel. Too sleep to knit any more. Or type.
Old 09-29-2005, 07:05 AM   #53  

Sug~Well I've been on a downward spiral with my hair.. I used Loreal highlighting kit on my already dyed hair..shouldn't of been a problem, but I got totally engrossed by Whatever and left it on tooo long..turning my streaks orange....So, I attempted a repair by using more hair dye ..I couldnt find my usual brand Hydrience so I bought ColorSilk.. the color on the box looked close enough.. The result turned my hair almost BLACK with lighter brown/brassy where the highlites were... my hair was sooo burnt looking that I doused it with olive oil and slept with a bag on my head for a night... Left it alone for a week, and couldn't stand the burnt crappy ends, so I took Kitchen shears to it to trim it...
I obviously have No talent for this.. My old Hair stylist would love when I would call for emergencies..."Now what did you do???" "Put down the scissors!!" "STOP STOP "!! I once cut my bangs so short that I had to use Dippitydoo to plaster my bangs down to keep them from hydroplanning away from my head...
It looks much better now, the perm took some of the color out so it's not as black as it was.. I'm not sure about it though, it seems very very loose, and in 2 weeks I'm wondering if the perm will totally fall out. But I did make friends with "Lyn" and "Drew"..Lyn did my hair and we were the only ones in the shop sans the new receptionist.. We laughed a lot, and then Drew who runs the inspection station next store bopped in.. he inspected our cars.. We talked about Music, what's there to do ..and they said if I ever need help to ask them. Sug, I hope you feel better darlin'!!!!!

Wabby: DETAILS on your new Doooooo....

Painty: I sooo want to ram any car sporting a Bush/Cheney in 04 bumper sticker..Incompetent boob, with all his incompetent cronies.. Now Delay is indicted and thinks it's a democratic party witch hunt.. and Frisk...and talks of tax cuts!!!! What the ****, we are in soo much debt already, how do you cut taxes? Grrrrrrr... I'll get off my soap box...
Unbelievable how much the country has imploded..
Yeah, I saw the pics of the giant squid...pretty amazing mysterious creatures... I just hope the stay outta my yard!

Last edited by Schatzi; 09-29-2005 at 07:08 AM.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:00 PM   #54  

Schatzi, your description of your hair escapades was good for a chuckle. I can tell you're a take charge person. Now I would moan and complain about my hair, but I can't ever remember even cutting my own bangs, much less be brave enough to highlight it, then try a color correction. I think with all that gumption they should put you in charge of FEMA. You'd get it done.

My new 'do ended up pretty much like my old 'do. I have a problem w/ getting distracted. I was so busy yakking it up w/ my hair cutting gal that I forgot I was going to ask her to try something different. She's all excited 'cause she's buying the salon she works at. The present owner has decided to move to Washington state so Patty is taking over. Cool.

Where do I see the picture of the giant squid?

DH still hasn't given up on the Harley. I may become a motorcycle mama yet. Fat girls look good in leather, don't they?

Painty, what is available besides chocolate? Nothing that I can think of thats as delectable. When I went to Weight Watchers they were always trying to get us to come up with things for rewards that didn't involve food. bubble baths. a long walk. hah. didn't even come close.

Last edited by Wabby; 09-29-2005 at 01:08 PM.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:46 PM   #55  

Wabby, yes I am a take charge kinda gal..but alas, my hair escapades make Bush look like he belongs on Mount Rushmore with other 'Merica's most esteemed leaders..and sigh, make me look like an incompetent boob on the job! Very cool to have an in with the Stylist /owner! The owner , Jon. my old stylist..use to say he clear his sched. to repair my hair attempts (or at least he said so) of course I was flattered, but shoot I was a big tipper and I'm sure he lied like a bad hair dye job... I pray that your DH DOES NOT GET A DEATH MOBILE! As an Ex- EMTer I have seen my share of what happens whether or not you wear a Brain frame .. bad news... My BIL has a HD..a "FatBoy" ..very Purty, with loverly little leatherette handbags straddling the seat.... I got on it to humor him since my feet don't touch the ground and look like a hells angel dwarf ... I burnt my leg on the pipes,,and now have what apparently is called a "hog tattoo" yes , an angry purply non-hair growing portion of my inner calf...HATE HATE HATE MOTERCICCLES!!!
hmm, see msn.com for the latest pics of the Great Giant Squid..
Old 09-29-2005, 07:23 PM   #56  

Schatzi, no way would he be getting a "fatboy". This one's a white heritage softtail, whatever that is, but at least it sounds good. I don't know. He's always been hard to say no to. Durn man.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:51 AM   #57  

Well, I was most productive yesterday even with being a motor mouth on the boards! Carpet/couches shampooed: Check; Windows washed in n out; Check.. Today I get to deposit DH's First Pay check ! Finally money coming in !
Nothing really planned for today.. cept check out what's going on in Raleigh..as tomorrow DH and I plan to explore the Moore Street district which I think is the center of the "cultural" area... Very exciting to be living in a new state/area..kinda like being on vacation ...But first must go to the Bank!

SH*T on a Stick and call it dinner.....Can you believe I think this perm already fell out!!!! I didnt wash it till this morning and hmmm... no curl, no real body! WTF!!!! I dunno, I really sweated up a storm yesterday, and thought as I was shampooing the couches, etc..OMG, this couch must be filthy! All I could smell was punky feet... well IT'S THIS PERM!!!!! I was in the shower...smelling punky feet.. and I sniff my hair and WHAT!!!! Hmmpf... And, these layers look choppy, like they don't blend into my hair...Good Gravy! Well I have an appt on Oct 12th..with "Mr. Lyn" I'll wait and see...till then.
Old 09-30-2005, 06:23 PM   #58  

Most frustrating about the perm, Schatzi. I used to always do a perm, but for some reason my hair started getting wavey on it's own. Maybe it coincided w/ all the new chin hairs, I dunno. Anyhoo, I don't have to do the perms anymore, thankyouverymuch, cause the color upkeep is expensive enough. It would be fun to move to a totally new place. Have fun exploring this weekend.

Can anyone think of anything I want? because DH went ahead and bought that dumb motorcycle, so now's my time to go get any old thing I want. I'd buy a cute black puppy, but I already have doggies.

We are now officially homeless. We signed the final contract on our place. We're looking at 2 years until closing, then 90 days after that until we have to give possession. I'm sure this will not be a fun process.

Painty, Melissa Etheridge was on Oprah yesterday, talking about her breast cancer experience. I thought of you and all that you've been through lately. How're you feeling, darlin?

You lovelies have a wonderful weekend. See ya monday.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:03 PM   #59  
Member w/ messiest house

Hi cowfriendlies -- I was sitting here just yesterday typing a message when the power suddenly went out and crashed my computer, thus erasing my efforts. The power came right back on though, and I needed to take a shower before going to work at a fundraising turkey supper, so I hopped into the shower and was washing my hair when -- you guessed it -- the power went out again! Fortunately it went off and on and I had time to rinse my hair (we have a well, so no power = no water). Then it went off for good. We didn't get it back until 4 this morning.

Now, you might think I could have posted sometime earlier today. Heck I can't seem to get anything done; this is just like having a toddler in the house. I have to get up once a night with Jetttt (I haven't decided how to spell it), then I have to get up at 6:30 to get DD's lunch and either take her to school or send her off in my car. The rest of day is spent tailing this little devil dog, it seems like. This afternoon we got an impromptu invitation to a lobster feed up at a friend's camp. (For Peaches' info, the guy with 3 fingers was celebrating his 66th birthday today) So off we went and got home a little while ago. So here I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugP
Kiweenie - hope you're getting some sleep. Jette looks adorable. Will she stay black?
I still haven't caught up on sleep. If it weren't for the fact that DH is amenable to keeping an eye on her for a few hours almost every day, I would be a complete basket case. She had better stay black. I don't want to have to change her name to Dishrag Brown or anything... Here's what Molly looked like as an adult (below)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugP
I started feeling odd yesterday afternoon, went to bed at 9:30 p.m., sent the kids off to school and slept for another 3 hours only to wake up with a brutal headache and spend the rest of the day in an ibuprofen induced haze. I hate it when that happens. Can heartburn give you coughing attacks?
Yes! If it's chronic, you should have it checked out because you can damage your whatsit or sumpin. A friend of mine had really bad acid reflux and heartburn and developed a horrible cough. I suppose if you can control the heartburn with something simple like Maalox tablets, that would prevent the damage.

Honestly, Schatzi, you're a hoot with your hair. If it weren't your very own hair, it would be amusing, eh? I love the image of your bangs hydroplaning away from your head..

Here's DD's latest music review online: http://www.northeastintune.com/music.html I'm only halfway through it at the moment. It's the review of "Barakus". She just wrote one the other day for the next issue and she really hated the group she was reviewing. The magazine's editor told her that was fine and he liked her review perfectly well. I haven't read that one yet; should be interesting to see her pan the group while trying not to be mean.

The first photo is Molly at well over 10 years old (she's got some white on her muzzle). Then I uploaded puppy pics to compare--that's Molly on the left. I think she was only about 7 weeks or so when that was taken. And the one of Jettt on the right is the day after we brought her home, so she was 8-1/2 weeks old. One thing I can definitely see is that Jet will have much finer features than Molly, narrower head, longer nose, ears set closer together. I expect she will just be a much better example of a Belgian Sheepdog, which is nice. Not that all that makes much difference in how great a dog they are, but it's kinda cool.

Kiwi
Attached Images
File Type: jpg M_lake.jpg (41.4 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg mollypup.jpg (18.2 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 05_0919_PinkGirl_07retouchcrop.jpg (23.6 KB, 15 views)
Old 09-30-2005, 10:08 PM   #60  
Member w/ messiest house

Well, that's weird, the pictures came out in a different order than I uploaded them. The puppy pics are the thumbnails, and the pic of Molly when she was older is the one that doesn't have a thumbnail. Of course you could probably have figured that out all by your selves, but since I suffer from perfectionism, why shouldn't you?

K
Closed Thread