Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 02:46 PM   #31  
fatter than U

Cool

There, there, Peachy. You poor thing. Sorry about your head and about that woman you don't like. If you don't like her, I bet a lot of other people don't either.

I've heard that "talking to men" on the internet can get one into a whole mess of trouble. But why not?

Voodoo dolls? Worth a try. Can you get a little bit of her hair without her knowing it? Did you see that Weebl and Bob cartoon where they talked about beef magic and called it "Moodoo"?

I must go to bed before I get any fatter. I've been so exhausted this week. The news is too depressing.

See yas!!

Last edited by SugP; 09-09-2005 at 02:52 PM.
Old 09-09-2005, 05:27 PM   #32  

Sugar, you're probably exhausted from tramping all those miles w/ Leslie. Maybe you need a news break. I don't mean stick your head in the sand, but sometimes when there isn't any more you can do about it, you need to take a break from the news. Even a 1 day break can help. Or read some good news. It's there even in the middle of all the bad news. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9230423/

Peach, I have no idea if meeting men on the internet is a good idea. Probably would expand your horizons beyond Dogpatch, though. My brother met his spouse on the internet, so it sometimes turns out well. Re: the lady w/ the orange lipstick - she may be well liked, but that doesn't mean you like her. It's like my bunco group - I happen to like everybody, but there is one person that absolutely drives my sister around the bend. Doesn't mean that this one person is good or bad, but she doesn't click w/ my sister, and that's ok, because it's a big wide world and there are plenty of ppl to go around. Speaking of bunco, my other sister is hosting it this weekend, but she presently has no home, so she's having it at my house. eeek. housecleaning again.

Have an absolutely deeee-vine weekend, you lovely bovines.
Old 09-09-2005, 05:41 PM   #33  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia
She is SOOOO cute. Have they disclosed the temperment test results? Why does it take so long to know which puppo gets you? They KNOW you want the one with the mismatched sox don't they?
Actually they rescheduled the temp. testing to tomorrow, so maybe I'll hear about it Sunday. If I could have afforded to drive 8 hours just to go visit them again, I might have been able to pick out my puppy already, at least tentatively. I'm not worried, we'll get us a good'un.
Quote:
I am editing this to b*tch more. ....... So I owed them $1000, they'd charge me $9.90 that month. And they'd pay the minimum amount.
Good reason to edit. I'm always amazed at what companies will try to sell you as if it's a good idea: We had to buy new health insurance this month and we decided that since it will presumably be only temporary we would go with a really high deductible just to cover us for something gigantic. This means we will pay 100% of really all health costs. But they do have a rider you can buy for $50/mo that is to cover wellness visits. For that amount you get one physical exam per person per year paid for up to $100 and associated lab tests paid for up to $100. So for $600 a year, the 3 of us would get a maximum of $300 benefit on physicals and probably no more than $300 covered on lab fees (it was hard to pin them down on that question). So assuming the actual costs of each of these is more than $100, we would break even. If any of them are less than $100, we would be paying extra for the priviledge of, well, paying extra. I had to make DH actually look at the numbers and add them up (he seems to like to make unrealistic assumptions about things), and it was obvious when we did that it would be stupid to buy that. Because he's unemployed, we can also get free and reduced things like mammograms and lab tests from the local hospital, so it was really a no-brainer.
Quote:
she's the one followed my remark about not having many friends or whatever I said with, "I don't have that problem. I'm well liked." So .. to balance things for her, I don't like her. I need to be less petty. No, I don't.
No, you don't, that was an ugly thing for her to say. Here's my hindsight is 20/20 snappy comeback: "Oh, I'm well liked; I'm just more particular."
Quote:
My friend from the group is "talking" to all these men she met on a singles website. $20 a month and enjoying it. Should I do that?
No.

I watched Eternal Sunsine of the Spotless Mind last night. Wow, that was a good movie, I thought. A great allegory for relationships. Actually made me think

DD got the part!!! She got the part of the Ghost of Christmas Past, which was played by Jane Krakowski (upper right corner) . She is very excited. There were 3 others who were called back for that part, so she wasn't just handed it. I'm going to be a nervous wreck.

Kiwi
Old 09-09-2005, 06:10 PM   #34  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabby
Or read some good news. ...... http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9230423/
Oh, thank you for posting that. That's a beautiful story.

Hmm. Prison love. Sounds ... great...

Here's a better picture of the part DD will be playing (this is from the TV movie that came out last year) : http://teacher.scholastic.com/schola...geandghost.jpg

Last edited by Kiwonk; 09-09-2005 at 06:18 PM. Reason: found sexy ghost pic
Old 09-09-2005, 06:26 PM   #35  
loves kleenex box art

I missed that story and thought Kiwi meant prison love was sweet. I had not heard the story before, Wabbo, thanks for sharing it. Sniff.

What happened to Painty?
Old 09-09-2005, 09:29 PM   #36  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

HURRAHHHHHHHHHH FOR DD!!! KIWONKOW-----------I AM NOW ABOUT TO LIVE VICARIOUSLY THROUGH YOU AND ENJOY EVERY MINUTE !!!------------ keep us posted!!!======today mil's cleaning lady and i cleaned out the basement {more like a cellar~!} it is sooooooooooo gratifying!! i put two basket chairs with pillows down there for the cats to sleep on---unlike peachers i don't like the cats' sleeping with me---if they just layed on the bed that would be FINE but they insist on sticking their noses right in my face and waking me up---they have to be RIGHT UNDER MY NOSE!!!! drives you crazy---anyway---i took them downstairs and arranged them on their new beds and patted them to sleep,then when i left they got up and followed me---so i let them stay up 'A LITTLE LONGER" and then shooed them down the stairs!!!-------------GUESS WHAT0---THIS WEEK SOMEONE STOLE AN ENTIRE EARRING DISPLAY WITH ABOUT 500 DOLLARS WORTH OF EARRINGS ON IT---AND TODAY SOMEONE STOLE AROUND FIFTEEN CD'S-------------------- the word in the market is "SCHOOL IS BACK IN'--- that is so depressing to think that i had no theft all summer long and now that the highschools are back i am losing big amounts-----i certainly can't afford that kind of loss on a regular basis-- i have been so mad all week but i have calmed down a bit and am just dejected about it---i hate to be one of those places with warnings about shoplifters and security cameras but what the **** am i supposed to do????-----------regarding peachers--i would likely "talk" on the internet but take it all with a grain of salt----i might give someone i really liked a YEAR before i believed him!!---remember my neighbour who married the internet young woman from the Philippines----she moved here with her sweet little girl------the other day he was going out in the car with the little girl { to get the mom} and said to dh and i "we have to pick up Jeckyll and Hyde"---" i never know who i am going to meet"----sounds lovely eh!@!!!-----------kiwonk-----we really want ragdoll with the kneesox-=---GET HIM!!!!!!!!----------WHERE THE **** IS PAINTY????? hi shugsie---my flaps are bigger than yours----mine whip around in the wind and hit people on the streets.

Last edited by Bagzz; 09-09-2005 at 09:32 PM.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:08 PM   #37  
loves kleenex box art

Bagz is right!!! We want Ragdoll with Kneesox!!!

I hate that people are stealing from you. I thought Canadians did not steal. Isn't that what Michael Moore proved in his gun movie?? Nobody locks their door or owns a gun because everybody is honest.

Kiwi, quit stalling and get that puppy. She is old enough now.
Old 09-10-2005, 09:45 AM   #38  

Bagz, that is terrible! I say put up a sign that they will be shot on sight!
Cowie: I know good and bad stories about those internet dating services.. take yer chances...
Must go...I took that beauty bath and hurt my back as I rose outta the tub.. been in bed Alieve and heating pad...Today up and about but still a tinge of pain...
Old 09-10-2005, 05:04 PM   #39  
Member w/ messiest house

Wow, I'm really bummed out about the shoplifting going on at your store, Bagz! That's horrible! Can the displays be "tethered" or something so that they can't take so much at once? I think you should definitely have an attractive sign that says shoplifters will be prosecuted. And one of those portraits of a stern old woman whose eyes follow you around the store. just kidding.

Cowpeach, you are soooooo impatient.

I still haven't figured out what to do about fencing. It is a conundrum.

Kiwi
Old 09-10-2005, 05:20 PM   #40  
loves kleenex box art

I've seen stores that will only allow one "student" in at a time.

I am eating Halloween candy corn. Can you stop me anyone?

This morning I walked Duck Hudda Pond. I told my friend, who I walked with the other day, and she said I shoulda called her and she woulda gone too. I said that I was pretty sure she didn't like to walk as slowly I walk. She said she has these shoes that are curved on the bottom like rockers and give her a good walkout but she can't go fast in them so it's ok. Hrumph.
Old 09-10-2005, 06:20 PM   #41  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

ohhhhhhhh- i miss the duck hudda pond----------we should all go down to peachie's and walk it together--how many more years do we hang out before we ALL meet somewhere??? i know we say this once and awhile but it would be soooooooooo cool---maybe we will go to Germany!!!!! first i have to win the LOTTERY!!!-- regarding my shoplifting week----Canadian junkies steal with the best of them peach!!!---one very classy gift store on the main street in town {with jewellery that costs between 50-400 dollars per item} had TWO three hundred dollar necklaces stolen this week also----they caught the woman at a another jewellery trying to steal more but she HAD ALREADY SOLD THE 300 DOLLAR NECKLACES FOR TWENTY BUCKS TO GET A PIECE OF CRACK!!!!---- pathetic.i am now on my way to my friend Paula's FIFTIETH birthday party---she actually enjoys the red and purple lady stuff---it's not my taste but we decorated for her in that theme!!!---i am going to try not to drink too much cause i don't want a headache tomorrow!!!{ps---i like the idea of the creepy lady picture with the moving eyes kiwonkers!!}
Old 09-10-2005, 10:43 PM   #42  
Member w/ messiest house

Ew, please don't make me be one of those red hat/purple dress people. Does that happen when you turn 50? I don't wanna.

Stop eating that candy corn, Peachie. I'm eating Valentine M&Ms. Hey, I've been cleaning. I found them. So it's sort of a special celebration. "Found a Giant Unopened Bag of M&Ms Day" Yeah, they had never been opened. Unbelievable.

I've been watching tennis. Don't tell me who wins.

Kiwi
Old 09-11-2005, 12:30 PM   #43  

Hand over the Candy Corn and The MMs! Yum... I don't think I've ever forgotten or lost any junk food.. a $20 Bill perhaps, but never chocolate or candy!

I'm with Kiwi, no purple hat people for me! Btw, my Gfen had one of those mobile fences.. something she could put up and take down relatively quickly.. She has 3 Salukis.. and around the corner here there are two very large menacing dogs that are off leash, but the owner has one of those electronic fences and it definitely works. When I walk my dogs passed them these dogs growl, leap, and lick their chops but seem to "bounce" back or off something ...
Old 09-11-2005, 01:10 PM   #44  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatzi
Btw, my Gfen had one of those mobile fences.. something she could put up and take down relatively quickly.. She has 3 Salukis..
Like this? I've been thinking of that. I can buy one used from "Uncle Henry's", a weekly book of classified ads for Maine. It's not the ideal solution, but it would be pretty cheap and safe for the dog. I don't want to use "invisible fencing" for a lot reasons: our "yard" is like 3 acres and surrounded by woods, invisible fence is a lot of work to install and to train, and a really motivated dog will breach it and then not be willing to come back because they'll be shocked again. Works well where you have neighbors on 3 sides and a street on the 4th, but that's not me. The ideal thing would be to have a fence installed at the back of our house, incorporating one of the doors to the house. It's quite feasible, but I sure can't install it by myself and I dare say DH will not be willing to do it, so I'd have to hire it done, and I'm not sure I can spend the $$.

Oo! I know! All of you can come visit me and we'll put up the fence together.

Later gators.

Kiwi
Old 09-11-2005, 01:33 PM   #45  

That's exactly what she has... and she ended up doing exactly what you think would be best.. fencing with a doggie door that leads into her sunporch... There is a 2nd door that leads into her house..
Shoot I'd be willing to "run up" to Hooterville - as long as you got the margaritas in the blender! Speaking of which.. I do believe I will surprise DH at his new "pub" for a pint or two..or... I only have the kitchen left to tear apart..what the ****, might as well plus I am too excited, I finally fit with extra room into what I once (in days of yore) called my "fat" pants.
Closed Thread