Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 06:22 PM   #16  

Show off! Unless that was condolences for Big Fish, and in that case, thanks. I feel responsible. Everyone told me that I should take him out of the pond, put him in a big tub, clean out and refill the pond and then let the chlorine disipate for 24 hrs, then launch him back into the pond. All the other fish made it just fine, but not Big Fish.

My parental units (as Sugah would say) have sold their BIG home on the hill and are moving into a smaller big home, however it's not finished yet so they're hitting the road in their motorhome, headed to their other house in Arizona for the winter. They'll be back in December just to move their stuff in to the new big home. Some time in there, when they're in Arizona I think I'm going to go visit them for a week to get outta the winter weather. It's supposed to rain on Saturday and then I suppose we won't see the sun until next July.

Sugar! you go girl!!! Walkin' w/ Leslie! what a woman! How impressive!

Kiwonker, good job de-junking - I've been trying to throw a little something out every day. On monday we gave all our empty pop cans and beer bottles away to a friend of DS's. He probably had a hundred bucks worth. Made him happy, made me happy. Maybe by the time we have to move outta this place we'll have pared things down to a minimum. It's been really hard to keep telling ourselves not to bring more junk home. Garage sale season just isn't the same when you know that eventually you're going to have to move anything you buy.

Bagzie, I'm happy to see that you're taking full advantage of the cruising season. Then it will be the holiday season and you'll make more buckets of money. You didn't answer me about the holiday displays - I live vicariously through you, ya know.

Schatzi, I should be getting my substantial sized arse in gear too. Doing something - I'm just not sure what. I'm going to borrow my sis's sewing machine tonight since mine decided to die (after just putting a hundred bucks of repairs into the old gal) and make the grandbaby to be a crib quilt.

OK. I'm going now. It's hot and I'm tired. DH left work early today to go fishing. I think I should go shopping. Spend all his hard earned money.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:38 AM   #17  
Member w/ messiest house

I am in such a bad mood that anything I write will be really ugly. So I'm posting this ugly picture I made. I call it "QuaBarb"

I'm going to go watch Andre Agassi whip young tennis butt. That will cheer me up. Or if Blake wins, at least they are both hot.

Kiwi
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Quabarb.jpg (6.9 KB, 44 views)
Old 09-08-2005, 12:59 PM   #18  
loves kleenex box art

If I ask nicely, will someone post?
Old 09-08-2005, 01:58 PM   #19  

You don't even need to ask. You know me..... blah, blah, blah, blah, blah

DH caught a nice fall chinook salmon yesterday. He's soooo happy. Wish that's all it would take to make me happy --- I'm in a mood. Ever get those days when you'd just like to pull the blankets back over your head in the morning? The worst of it is that I have absolutley no reason to get this way.

Somebody left a bag of chik-o-stixs here at work with me. Chik-o-stix are evil.

Somebody come and cheer me up. ---- Peachers how's the job hunting going? how's the volunteering going? tell us something stooopid that the ediot's done lately.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:21 PM   #20  
Member w/ messiest house

Here's what's going on in my part of the world today:

DH left to spend the weekend on the sailboat solo.

DD had callbacks for musical auditions. Cross your fingers.

We bought scallops and one king crab leg at the fish truck for dinner (I am allergic to crab, so it's for DD). The guy actually threw in the crab leg for free (it's huge). I think he must have been delirious. Of course I did pay 9.50 for a pound of scallops. But I expect it to last 2 meals.

It was beautiful out earlier (although it's now dark and raining). I had to wait for DD for quite a while when I went to pick her up, so I walked over a few blocks to do an errand. It was warm out and I was just a tiny bit sweaty after the walk, but not much. Then I sat down to write a check out and suddenly burst out in mass quantities of sweat. Am I getting hot flashes ?? I don't get them at night, well, nothing like this anyway.

There, I wrote a post.

Kiwi
Old 09-08-2005, 07:06 PM   #21  
loves kleenex box art

Wab, I don't ever see the ediot anymore.

Today, the radio was on and I forget the story but the show hostess said about someone, "She broke down when she talked about it."

Then there was the quote showing she broke down. "Sniff." That's it. Just a clearing of the nose. Maybe the ediot had something to do with that.

What's KiWiDd up to? What audition?
Old 09-08-2005, 07:31 PM   #22  

Quote:
I volunteered to help out butttt .. get this .. the woman in charge is someone we used to affectionately refer to as EDIOT
I'm soooo confused....
Old 09-08-2005, 07:41 PM   #23  
loves kleenex box art

well, ok, she's in charge and I talked to her for 3 minutes but that's all I've seen her since she left her ediotship. So I don't know what stupid things she's done. She was years ago. After her came TWO MORE ediots .. one who had never worked at a newspaper and the other who also had never worked at a paper. This one, at least, had. Her biggest fault is saying she'll do something then not doing it. It's worse than procrastination. She's the one who got the lawyer in on my "sexual harrassment" complaint which I never made against my 74-yo officemate.
Old 09-09-2005, 12:20 AM   #24  
Member w/ messiest house

I tole you awready, girl, whatchu aksing me for? Homie's doin 'at Christmas Carol and mah main girl she wanna be a ghost. She hear tomorrah. Ain'tchu crossed your fingers yet?

Hahaha I like your radio quote. "Sniff" heh heh. I'm going to use that.

Nightie Night

Kiwi
Old 09-09-2005, 12:31 AM   #25  
Member w/ messiest house

Is this our baby? I am in love!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg upload_diva7wks.jpg (45.6 KB, 20 views)
Old 09-09-2005, 06:46 AM   #26  
loves kleenex box art

She is SOOOO cute. Have they disclosed the temperment test results? Why does it take so long to know which puppo gets you? They KNOW you want the one with the mismatched sox don't they?
Old 09-09-2005, 07:26 AM   #27  
fatter than U

I'm about to pass out from all the puppy cuteness! You NEED that one, Kiwi!

I exercised again today. And on Wednesday. Lard flaps seem to be getting worse. It's disgusting.

"Sniff" - heeeeee!
Old 09-09-2005, 09:56 AM   #28  
loves kleenex box art

I feel awful, y'all. My diverticulum hurt and I have a headache. All those puppies & kitties stuck in New Orleans are making me so sad. My own cat are becoming dearer. One of them decided to sleep between my legs last night and the other by my hip. So sweet. I could not move. Had to run them off.

Ow ow ow ow. Hurts.

I am editing this to b*tch more. Had to activate a credit card today and the woman on the phone said they would make my payments for me if I became unwillingly unemployed. I thought that was nice. Then she said it was only 99cents. I asked her to explain. It's 99 cents per $100 you owe each month. So I owed them $1000, they'd charge me $9.90 that month. And they'd pay the minimum amount. I couldn't see why this was a good idea but she was dogged in her efforts. No wonder I have a headache.

Tonight I'm going to a "cookout" for members of my recent Divorce Recovery class that I attended at church. The woman who's hosting it wears orange lipstick. I just don't like her. My friend in the group seems to disapprove of me not liking this woman but it's not just the orange lipstick. It's not much of anything but she's the one followed my remark about not having many friends or whatever I said with, "I don't have that problem. I'm well liked." So .. to balance things for her, I don't like her. I need to be less petty. No, I don't. I just have a headache.

My friend from the group is "talking" to all these men she met on a singles website. $20 a month and enjoying it. Should I do that? Unemployed?

Can I make a voodoo doll? Do they work? I just really really want people to know my former boss as I do. I want them to know what she says about them. I want them to know she refered to Red Cross volunteers as a bunch of people" who couldn't hold a job." I want them to know that she always talks down her son (dh's biological, her adopted) and that I heard her say to someone, "You know what those adopted kids are like."

Will return. Post and explain delay in knowing which puppy we're getting.

Last edited by Cowpernia; 09-09-2005 at 10:08 AM.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:56 AM   #29  
loves kleenex box art

What do you all think? Should I expand my search area when looking for a guy? New horizons and why am I posting to myself? I feel so sick.
Old 09-09-2005, 12:22 PM   #30  
loves kleenex box art

Where are you all?

I have patriotically changed the names on my Microsoft Hearts game to George Bush, George Bush Sr, and Snoopy. Sr and Snoopy are very good players. They don't win though because I maintain the power to end the game.

My head hurts. I want sympathy.
Closed Thread