Old 01-03-2006, 11:32 AM   #271  

S/C/G: 189/184.5/150

Height: 5'3

Default I think I'm back...

Hey girls...
Congrats to Kim on reaching her weight goal!!!
Congrats to Deanne - I am so excited for you!
Yes, I have been horribly absent for quite a while now. All my health issues this summer really threw off any thought of weight loss, and trying to adjust to being married and sharing an "eating life" with someone else has been kind rough. (between those two things, I've actually -gained- weight - I'm at 162, and nothing fits, and I'm sick of it!) Even though we are trying to start a family, and all of this may be de-railed if I get pregnant, I want to get with it. I talked to my husband last night about how hard it is for me since he can eat whatever he wants and actually has to eat quite often (really high metabolism), and he is being very supportive and trying to come up with strategies to help me. He's even going to the gym with me this afternoon, though he's not fond of exercise. I have been working out the last week or two, but food has been ridiculous with all the holidays. I'm starting again, and I feel encouraged. I hope to lose 14 lbs by February 14th, (a good idea I saw on this site). I have just recently gained the last 5 lbs, so I'm hoping they should come back off more easily than the rest? Wish me luck, I need encouragement. I promise not to just disappear again... sigh.
ctrsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 09:43 AM   #272  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

Thought I should pop in after... erf, a long time? Got sucked into NaNoWriMo and preparing/finishing the novel in October and December as well, and, er, I completely forgot to visit the forums (not only this one, the other few I check here and there as well).

Hope you all had good holidays! (Although I'm relieved it's over, no more "official" opportunities to pig out now *lol*) Now it's time to get back to it, ehe. I hope. Ack
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 10:43 AM   #273  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerdeb61
Hi Kery,

I noticed in your weight counter that you've got a target weight of 121. I was just curious -- how tall are you? I had the same start weight (165) and am thinking that I should put my target weight as somewhere between 135 and 130. I'm 5'3", and have pretty much always weighed 128 when I was younger.

How did you decide to make 121 as your target weight?

Deb
I caught back on the former posts and sawthis, so even though I'm very very late in doing so, the least I can do is at least to answer it

I'm 157 cm, which is ~5'1", if I can trust the charts and online conversion sites. Every 'test' and whatever 'what's your ideal weight' thing pointed out that I should be about 54-55kgs, so I just converted that to see to what it'd amount in pounds (that's 55 kgs, actually). Given that I can't invoke the good old excuse of 'having heavy, thick bones', I thought it looked like an average enough target weight. I'm not sure at all if it'll be too much, too little, just perfect, whatever. I'll revise it if there's need to once I reach it.

My problem is that I have no idea of what I should weigh as an adult. The last time I weighed about 137 lbs was when I was 12... so everything I'm doing now is through trial and error :/
Old 01-10-2006, 08:17 AM   #274  
HERE I GO AGAIN!

S/C/G: 182/182/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi Ladies!!! I quit checking here because no one was posting and I decided to look this morning and there were a few posts!!
Happy New Year!!!! I restarted my diet yesterday...so far, so good. I am going to do aerobics at my church 2 times a week. Oh......and I start school next Tuesday (Jan 17)!!! I am nervous. I have not been to school in 20 years, but it is time for me to do something. I am very excited!!!!!
Kery ~ Our holiday was good, but like you.....I am glad it is over. Too much food!!!!!!!!!! I always enjoy the holidays, but I also enjoy when they are over.
Sara~I gained a few pounds as well. It has been hard getting myself ready to start over. But...I did it yesterday and I feel determined to do it.....AGAIN!
Hang in there! You have a supportive hubby.....I have one too and that really helps.
Karen ~ Congrats on finishing school! And getting a new job! What are you doing? It is time for me to get my booty in gear too. WE CAN DO IT!!
Kim
o2bskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 08:34 PM   #275  
One day at a time!

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone,

Kim: Great job getting back in school! I know its hard to get started--but you can do it! It took me almost 3+ years to finally finish what I started so long ago.

I am going to start going back to the YMCA and walking on the treadmill and swimming a few times a week. I really miss it--although I know it will be hard to get started again. I have been far removed from it--letting myself turn into the ultimate couch potato. And it really makes me feel like a big blob. NO MORE I SAY! How long should I wait to put this off to be the healthy me I dream about--and I mean litterly dream about it. I dream often about being slim and in shape....so obviously I am thinking about it a lot! So here I go...no more beating myself up for the time before that I failed. We have all done in to some degree...but we can all be the picture of success just the same. That's my two cents for th day!

I hope you are all having a happy and healthy day!

~Karen in Ohio
krngallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 09:37 PM   #276  
HERE I GO AGAIN!

S/C/G: 182/182/130

Height: 5'3"

Karen, Good to hear from you again! Glad to hear you are back on the bandwagon! I am doing better, but not good yet. I had to miss my new aerobics class Thursday cause I was sick. It is a Tues and Thurs class. Now I am going to have to miss Tomorrow because I have a PTO meeting! At a restaurant! OHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Anyway, I am TRYING. That is about all I can say. I am officially in school now. I had orientation Friday and my first day is tomorrow. My first class is 7:15 and I have a 40 - 45 minute drive. UGH! Better get use to it, huh???
Well, Just wanted to check in for now.
Kim
o2bskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 11:30 PM   #277  
One day at a time!

Height: 5'4"

Hi Kim!

I am sure you are excited about starting! What kind of classes are you starting with? I can tell you it was a long and hard road to complete it as a full time working Mom--but I did it and it was worth it. Just one of those personal goals I thought I would never achieve at one point--and FINALLY made it happen. I guess the same thing can be said for getting into shape. I can MAKE IT HAPPEN! So can you! Keep posting--and let me know how it goes!

I went to the YMCA today--I am feeling a tad bit sore. I stayed in the pool for an hour and kept moving the whole time. The thing about swimming or water movement is it feels relatively easy when you are in the pool--actually refreshing. Then you get out of the pool and about an hour later I could feel a bit of soreness. But I know that is because it has been too long since I really moved my buns. But I know in a few days that will subside. I just feel proud I did it! Instead of being a big ole couch potato. Yeah!

Baby steps back in action, eh!

--
Karen in Ohio
krngallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 03:50 PM   #278  

Hey girls, long time no talk. I know I know, i fell off the face of the earth too..Works crazy, but it's only 20 hours a week right now so I can deal with it. They just irritate the piss out of me sometimes lol.
I'm working on getting myself back onto plan. I gained a few pounds thru the holiday, nothing horrid, but I'd like to get them back off plus a few more before summer. Our 15th wedding anniversary is in August and we're talking about taking a cruise. I'd like not to be embarrassed about wearing a bathing suit lol..
I think I'm going to go to that aerobics class Kim was talking about tonight. I'll call her in a bit to see if she's going..that way we can drive together....
I'll check back in later.
Kim
goddesskde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 03:52 PM   #279  

Ok, i updated my ticker.. depressing as it is. but i did update my goal weight too.. so maybe seeing it will motivate me
goddesskde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 04:32 AM   #280  

Hi girls

Haven't posted here in a while (go blame DDR and writing more and more... but I make an effort these past days!), is any of you still around?
Old 02-23-2006, 09:46 AM   #281  
CURVY VIXEN

S/C/G: 205/194/128

Height: 5'2''

hellllllllllllllllllllllllllo vixens... remember me? Lynn a huge MIA... I changed my name as I had trouble signing in.. lost my password... changed my addy... whewww anyway...
congrats to the new mommy to be's!! I hope everything goes well....

I miss all of you.. I'm finding it very hard to get online to do fun stuff lately.. I've been working the last six months at a very faced paced busy ped's office... it was suppose to be 25 hours but i'm working basically full time, plus two saturday's a month.. it was been crazy!! my weight has gone up. I knew that would happen as I'm 'grabbing' and going. also I haven't exercised. I feel fat and weak and yucky...I see this thread hasn't moved much...
my email is [email protected]l me!!
deanne.. I'm so thrilled for you......I miss you
sara.. wtg... on the new baby..
kim .. you go girl... one day I hope I can say that i'm at goal too...
love ya all
lynn
purplepansy912 is offline   Reply With Quote