Old 10-22-2005, 05:29 PM   #241  

hi Kim...
LOL at picturing 25 screaming kindergarteners in a pumpkin patch -- **shiver** LOL That's why I never became a teacher! ;-)

Well, I figured out why I've been pretty cranky the past couple of days. My "Aunt Flo" came to visit about a week or so early. :-p I wasn't expecting a visit until the beginning of the month. (sigh) Good news is, I don't seem to have gained much weight with the visit. I weighed myself the other day and I'm down to 148, which mean that I've lost 18 pounds so far! :-D

I'm still pretty jittery and cranky though... my husband is bearing the brunt of it, poor guy. LOL

Well, hope you're all having a nice weekend --- come out and chat with Kim and me. Keep us company!

Deb
bikerdeb61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 10:20 AM   #242  

Yeah I'm expecting that time to show up soon. I've been way cranky with everyone lately. I've just been stressed over the house being a wreck all of the time and never having enough time to actually get what I need done. Sigh, I'll have to adjust to working life. It's been ohhhh 7 years since I last held a job in the typical sense. I did painting work, but I worked around my kids schedule, now I have to work my kids around my work schedule and it's not fun. I do enjoy my job and getting out with actual adults though. Well, i'll be nice and consider the guys i work with adults lol. Most of them are early to mid 20's and they are still a bit on the teeny-bopper side, but they do try.
Kim and I did the race for the cure yesterday morning. We did the 1mile family fun walk, but it was still exercise. Next year I'm forcing her to do the 5k so she had better start training now. I was amazed to see some women that looked to be mid 20's wearing survivor shirts! I couldn't imagine being that young and diagnosed with breast cancer. To be honest, it's my worst fear. I'm not sure how I would handle that. Any other disease I could deal with, but that one scares me.
Ok, on to happier notes... I'm going to be working outside getting the yard and gardens ready for winter today. I'll check back in with you later Deb.. if we're the only 2 that show up on here that's fine with me.. we'll keep each other motivated!!!
goddesskde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 09:42 AM   #243  
HERE I GO AGAIN!

S/C/G: 182/182/130

Height: 5'3"

Ok Kim.......I am back. I went to the store last night and got some 'healthy' stuff. I am adding apples this time in phase 1 though. I just can't go with no fruit again. I don't guarantee anything, but I hate what I see in the mirror.
I enjoyed the 'racie for the cure walk'....I just wish my foot would not cramp and go numb!!!! Anyway, It was for a great cause, so it was worth the cramping and hurt foot. It is so nothing compared to what the survivors have been through. Makes me feel bad for whining.
Anyway, Deb. Good luck on your schooling. Sounds like you are doing great. Sorry about the one test you said you messed up on. How long will you be in school? When will you finish?
Ok, I am out of here for now. I will try to get the courage to step back on the scale in a little bit. I know it won't be pretty!!! Then I will repost my ticker.
Kim
o2bskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 09:52 AM   #244  
Curvy Vixen

Major league MIA!!! Girls I missed ya... omg... what a month...
Had major computer problems, tried to fix and ended up buying a new computer. Mind you the one we had was less than a year old...
I went back to work, found a great job!!! I thought a nice doctor's office would be great but ended up in a Ped's clinic. There are 12 doctors and they do just about everything you can imagine. Even spinal taps. I do alot of immunizations and patient education, asthma maintance and general physcials. Although it is alot I really like it.

My younger daughter lost a friend over the weekend. She was 16yo and was in a very bad car accident. Her bf who was driving died yesterday after two days in a coma. The wake is tonight. It has been trying and very sad, I tell Heather this is why I don't want her in the car with her bf.

I have not lost any weight. In fact disgustingly enough, I had to go out and buy new scrubs. I'm afraid to get on the scale. I re-joined wwers on fri and told the women don't tell me. I don't want to know for a couple of weeks. This is the highest weight I have ever been, I can feel it, I bet I'm over 200 pounds. I wish I wasn't an emotional eater. I eat to soothe, it is terrible. I feel like an addict. I need to resume OA.
I missed ya gals big time. I hope all is well, and now that i'm back online I can catch up!
PURPLEPANSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 10:33 AM   #245  
HERE I GO AGAIN!

Hey Lynn ~ I am sorry to hear about your daughters friend. That is what I dread the most I think about the kids growing up. It is very scary. This is not the first story I have heard like yours. I hear them all the time. My heart goes out your daughter and her friends family. I just can't imagine.
Girl....get back on track. I quit for a few weeks and I hated what I saw so much in the mirror, that I picked myself up and restarted yesterday and I am back. Just think if you get on track now and start over....by next summer you will look great! And best of all, you will feel great!!!
I am rootin' for you..I know you can do it. If I can, anybody can.
Kim
Old 10-25-2005, 10:45 PM   #246  

Lynn, welcome back after your long absense. I'm sorry to hear about your daughters loss. It's scarey to think of all that can go wrong when our kids leave our sides...
I got a visit from aunt flo today.. ugh.. this time of month sucks lol.. and i still have to get up at 5 am to get to work on time. I think as women we should be allowed to come in late with no penalty for a week a month lol...
Old 10-26-2005, 08:44 AM   #247  
HERE I GO AGAIN!

Lynn, I have been thinking about you and your daughter.....how is she? That sort of thing happens all the time and it just breaks my heart. I know of several people that have gone through a tragedy like that. The most recent was that a friend of mine (she is a teacher and we have worked together on flowers for years), had one of her students die with some other kids in a wreck. The worst part of this one was that the boy was driving at over 100 MPH and they all were yelling at him to slow down. She even text messaged her mom while they were in the car and told her he was going to kill them and that she loved her and her dad very much. The boy driving was hurt but ok, the rest of them died. He went out of control and hit a tree. I can't imagine!!!!

Well, on a happy note, I have been doing well with my diet. Day 3 now.
It is so chilly here at night that Kim and I have been walking earlier to keep from freezing. My foot is giving me problems though. Keeps cramping and going numb. Not good when you walk. I go to my doctor for a physical Nov 2, so I will talk to him about it.

Well, I am going to suck down some coffee. I realized after my son got out of the car that he forgot his pre algebra workbook that he did homework in last night. So I guess I will run that up to the school. Heaven knows we don't need any bad grades if we can help it.

Kim
Old 10-26-2005, 10:59 PM   #248  
Curvy Vixen

Hi everyone..
Heather is doing ok... she is sad and weepy. The wake was packed with people lined out the door. Now For Tim's funeral. The family is waiting for the sister to come from oversea's I drive by the site were the accident happened, people made a memorial with candles, pictures and photo's.

I did ok today food wise.. I'm doing weight watchers.....
be well
PURPLEPANSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 08:32 AM   #249  
HERE I GO AGAIN!

Hey Lynn, how was the funeral? How is your daughter holding up?
When was the funeral?
Kim
Old 10-29-2005, 09:36 PM   #250  

Smile New to this site!!

I was looking for support and stumbled onto this site. I have been reading some of the posts and I really like this group's view on things. A little about myself, I am almost 34 (in nov.) a mother of 2 and have been slowly but surely working my behind off--literally! I have lost about 70 pounds since Jan., 2005 and still have about 30-40 more pounds to go. It has been a really hard month....I mean who said we should start celebrating Halloween Oct 1?? Anyway, I have been able to maintain, but would love to get over this hump and I think support is exactly what I need. Would love to join in on the conversation. I have a few tips that have worked for me and I sure have alot more to learn. Hope to chat soon!!
scale_challenged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 01:20 AM   #251  
HERE I GO AGAIN!

Hi Scale Challenged! Welcome to the board! How have you lost your weight? That is incredible!!! I would love to hear more! Lots more!!! How old are your kids?? I know I would love to hear all the great tips you have.

Well, some 'friends' hired my husband to do some painting on the outside of their house.......Goddess Kim will know what I am talking about.
Anyway, the ladder my husband was on slipped and he fell about 14 feet. He broke his left wrist in two places and his right elbow. We go to an orthopedic doctor tomorrow or Tuesday. Anyway, before we can even find out what they said about his injurys........the 'friend' calls and my mother in law answers. She is fretting about the house!!! How she can't wait for him to recoop to get it finished!! I don't have a problem with that. If it were my house, I would want to hire someone else and get it done too. BUT OMG! Could she have waited a day or two and shown a tad of compassion?? All she was worried about was her house!!! I am fuming! We didn't know if they would admit him? or what and she was already calling about her house!!! Is it just me??? Not to mention.......we have no idea how long he will be off work! He is a courier, so it will most likely be about eight weeks or so! Her house was the LAST thing on my mind!!!!
UGH!!!! Sorry ladies, just had to blow off some steam.

As far as eating? I was ok till a couple days ago. I have blown it already. Oh,
Plus I am taking my dad back to the oncologist to get the report back on his CT scan. They want to make sure the cancer isn't back and that the nodules on his lungs aren't any bigger. I just pray there is no bad news there.
I am a wreck. Guess I need to go wind down some.
Thanks for listening!
Kim
Old 11-02-2005, 09:23 AM   #252  
HERE I GO AGAIN!

Well, my hubby had surgery yesterday. They had to pin the wrist.
He can't do anything!!! He will be off work about 4 months!
Just wanted to update.
Kim
Old 11-02-2005, 04:45 PM   #253  

4 MONTHS???????????????? OMG.. that is a long time honey... if you guys need anything I'm right next door.. dont hesitate to ask
Old 11-03-2005, 06:32 AM   #254  
HERE I GO AGAIN!

Thanks Kim. I will take you up on that......you know it will. I am thinking this was a really bad time to get a puppy. I had to get up an hour earlier than the alarm this morning to let her out, now she wants to play. I am so tired. between the puppy, two kids and a hubby that is not able to do anything, I am exhausted. I sit down for two minutes at the most, then I have to get up to do something. Hubby needs a bath this morning, so that is what I will do after I take the kids to school.

As far as eating, I am doing bad again. I have been hitting fast food places while I am out. Not good. Anyway, I weighed yesterday and I am down two pounds, but I honestly don't know.

Welll, I am going to make a pot of coffee, hook it to an IV in my arm and I should be fine for the day!

Kim
Old 11-07-2005, 10:52 AM   #255  

hi everybody,

sorry I disappeared for a little bit... school grabbed me by the throat. :-p Kim, I saw the note where you wrote that your husband broke his wrist, and won't be able to do anything for four months! UGH! So sorry to hear about that... on top of that, you're handling a new puppy too? on top of taking care of kids? Wow! Try to steal some little time away for yourself... you need to take care of yourself too. Then, I read about how that lady acted right after your husband hurt himself... what an insensitive idiot she was! (grrrr) Good luck with your dad's visit to the oncologist... I will say a prayer that there's no bad news waiting.

Welcome to the group, Scale Challenged! Congrats on losing 70 pounds -- that's awesome!

Lynn, I'm so sorry to hear what your daughter is going through, as far as losing a friend. It's so sad when someone dies, especially someone that young. My heart goes out to you, your daughter and the young girl's family.

Well, I've got about four more weeks of school, and then Christmas break. I can't wait!!! The bummer is, my younger son is leaving for the Marines boot camp on December 5th. :-( That means I'll be going through the empty nest thing a little earlier than I'd expected. I've got mixed feelings about it.

K, I gotta get off of here and study for kennel management and math for vet tech exams at noon and 2:00. Talk to you again soon.

Deb
bikerdeb61 is offline   Reply With Quote