Old 06-21-2005, 11:02 PM   #76  

We've hit the highest temp since 2003; it was 114 today. Only 1 degree short of the record. I guess I should be glad the humidity was down...only 9%.

We got our yard down, but I can't figure out how to post a picture here. It looks awesome; we still have to get some trees, but that will come later. We also got our dog back yesterday. He went into the backyard and just stopped and looked at the yard. He then went over and smelled the rocks. He's seems happy to be home, but I'm sure he misses the other dog.

I got a clean bill of health from my doctor today. Two weeks ago I had a physical and all tests came back good. In fact, the doctor was very pleased at the results of my blood work, especially for someone my age and size. I even lost 3 pounds since my last visit 2 weeks ago.

Ashley's feeling better; she was sick only 1 day. Just a virus.

Noelle: Glad everything went well last weekend. I am leaving Monday the 27th for Indianapolis. We will be in ME on July 2 and 3. I'm really looking forward to the trip.

Hello to everyone. Have a great night.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 02:41 PM   #77  

Well, I have at least gotten in my workout for today. We are having a DU meeting here tonight so I need to go pick up some Subway sandwiches for tonight. We have to feed these people.

Cal do you know how to make you pics smaller? Once you get them a certain size you and post them by adding them as an attachment. I hoep that I didn't just make it more confusing.

Angie that is the craziest thing I have heard. I thought they only did stupid stuff liek that down here. They are repaving the road right in front of the salon. They already greaded the top and they aren't going to put the new asphalt down for god knows how long. They should have just left that alone until they were finished with all of the culverts. They are installing new ones all the way down the length of the road. My new white car has little black specks all over it. It drives me crazy. I have to use WD40 to get them off and that takes a long time to do. I hope you had a busy day today at work.

Noelle I love the car still. I still have a hard time parking it though. I was so used to swinging wide with the truck I over shoot the parking space and end up on the line. Trust me, the cleaning lady does it all. I hate to do floors so I make sure they are nice and dirty for her. I will put away our clothes and make the bed. She takes care of all of the dirty work so to speak.

Hey Julie and Dips. I need to head out to get the food. If I can't pop back on tonight I will chat tomorrow.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 04:59 PM   #78  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey girls, we found another dog last night. It's a red-nosed pit bull mix(?) puppy, probably only 3-4 months old. He's about medium sized w/a beautiful reddish brown coat, white tipped feet and he still has his ears. His tail looks like someone either tried to dock it and did a cr@ppy job or someone just broke it for fun. He was running around in the vacant lot behind our house. Then when my sis took the dogs for a walk, he followed them. I called the Humane Society and they're supposed to pick him up this afternoon. I feel sort of bad because he's a nice looking dog, and friendly. He had a brown nylon collar on but no i.d. tag, and he was really skinny so Michael started calling him "bones" . If we didn't already get Lucky the puppy, I would seriously think about keeping this guy. We asked some kids around the neighborhood if they knew whose dog it was, some said it belonged to some lady who lived on Kam IV road--which is ridiculous because that's about 15-20 miles away. But we just tied it up until the pound comes to get it.

Cal, glad to hear your health is good and congrats on those 3 lbs Glad to hear someone is losing weight (since I'm not ). I bet your yard looks wonderful. I think you just need to resize those pics to get them posted like Kempy said. Maybe your pup needs a playmate? another dog maybe?

Julie, that Crue book is hilarious to read, and kind of gross too, their behavior was just plain disgusting sometimes--but that's heavy metal right? Yeah, I'm kind of glad I don't live on the mainland where driving loooonnnnnggggg commutes is no big deal. If i have to sit in the car for more than 45 minutes, that's a long drive. I swear I was on the road from 8:30 to 2:30 just driving here and there and back again. Traffic sucks. So what's happening in your neighborhood today?

Kempy, have fun at your DU meeting--good job on feeding them healthy stuff

Well, gotta run and get back to work. Hello to all and hope everyone has a great day.

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 06-22-2005 at 05:02 PM.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 05:32 PM   #79  

Hey girls just popping in before dinner. Dh is firing up the grill and we are going to have cheeseburgers with grilled onions and toasted buns . The buns are whole wheat. So trying to make them healthier . I have been so busy with the kids today. Did you guys ever have one of those days you were so busy you can hardly even remember all the things you did ?? It is a beautiful day here. In the eighties. Tomorrw we are looking at temp of 91.

Cal stay cool in the heat. Wow. That is really hot. Congrats on the yard. Also on the weight loss and clean bill of health. I am glad Ashley is feeling better.

Kempy I love subway. Hope the meeting goes well and everyone does not trash your house!! That sucks about the specks on the car. You want to protect those cars being so new.

Noelle, I bet you were tempted to keep that doggy. "Bones" that is so cute. My ds is feeling better but still has a runny nose....warning do not be grossed out by what I have to say here it was funny as heck when my ds said it. He was picking his darn nose, finally tissue after tissue I said to him so how do those boogers taste? He says to me very distinguished mama!! I almost fell over laughing. Sorry if it is TMI. Kids, the things they say.

Hi Angie, Dips, and Cherie, and anybody else I missed. Well going to go get dinner moving along. Check back later. Bye for now.
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 05:39 PM   #80  

Cal wanted to say I am so excited you get to meet another friend here in the group. You will probally all meet us individually and then we all get together some day .
Old 06-23-2005, 11:06 AM   #81  

Morning all.
Old 06-23-2005, 02:24 PM   #82  
so close, yet so far...

Hey girls, not much happening here today, same old same old. On the bright side, it's almost the weekend!...well, almost. I'm looking forward to sleeping in on Saturday and just relaxing. Anything exciting happening where you guys are?

Be back later to chat. Have a good one.

BTW Julie, your DS is so funny so is that the kind of thing you'd say at home? "distinguished"? that is too cute. Gross...but cute and funny. out of the mouths of babes as they say.

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 06-23-2005 at 02:27 PM.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:05 PM   #83  
so close, yet so far...

Hey girls, I had a pretty productive day workwise and not too much stress from the boss-man. I'm a happy camper. The guy from the pound came over yesterday afternoon, scanned the dog for a microchip but there wasn't any, no tattoos or any other form of i.d. either. My sister's friend took the dog home with her as she has 2 others, male and female red-nose pitbulls. I hope they don't get into any fights. So the guy has a good home now. My puppy is getting used to her surroundings and is being a feisty little thing. She's teething I guess because she likes to bite the heck out of everything. She bit my mom in the stomach when my mom was carrying her--oops! Not anything serious of course, but those pups have little needle-like teeth.

oh well, just had a late lunch and have got to cut the payroll checks. Then I am outta here. HaVe a good evening.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:19 PM   #84  

Where is everyone at??

Cherie are you really busy being back at work this week?? Hope to hear from you soon .

Angie I hope you are doing good.

Kempy hope the meeting went well.

Noelle I can't remember the last time I used that word, LOL....isn't that just funny. I am so excited about the weekend too, to sleep. But my mom wants me to come over and see my step-dads relatives. Something I don't really want to do. Anyway dd woke up at 11:30 and was up until 1:30 then back up at 3:00. I am doing pretty well I have to say without hardly any sleep this week. Haha. Weird. Maybe my body is getting use to it and I should get a job working the night shift. She is acting better today. Maybe coming down with something that ds had?? Just because winter is over there is still junk going around. I hope little Michael is enjoying his summer program. Anything fun planned for this weekend??

Dips are you staying cool in the heat?? Are you enjoying phase 2 of the diet still??

Cal are you staying cool....it was hotter than he-double hockey sticks here today!! In the 90's and humid. With the humidity the weather said it felt almost 100 degrees. Is it better by you because of the low humidity??

Well going to get going. The kids and dh went through Dairy Queen drive through tonight. I told him not to get me anything, what does he do?? Comes home with a large hot fudge and carmel pecan ice cream sundae. I had a few bites. He wanted to share it. I made him eat most of it anyway. Ahhhh....thank god for air conditioning, I don't know how people do without. Well, yes I do. When I was a kid we didn't have it and it was hard!! Well have a great night and a wonderful Friday!! Come out come out from where ever you are .
Old 06-24-2005, 12:58 PM   #85  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hi Guys!! I gotta go to work now but I wanted to say HI!!
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 05:02 PM   #86  
so close, yet so far...

Hey Angie, you're probably almost done with your workday by now. Hope it was a good one.

Nothing much happening here, just work work work. Michael had a field trip to the beach today. I slathered him up twice w/sunscreen before he left this morning, then gave him the bottle and told him to reapply after he goes swimming. They have swimming at the pool on Tuesdays and even though they advise the parents to apply sunscreen to the kid prior to arriving, I had no idea they let them play in the pool for almost the entire program (besides lunchtime). By the time he came home his face and arms were a bright red. I was so pissed! Don't they know that the sunscreen only lasts for about 80 minutes or so? Maybe less if the kid is in the water and sun the whole time. I thought they would have an hour or two to swim, not just at the kids leisure. That didn't make any sense to me. So anyway, enough rambling

We might go and see either the Herbie or the Batman movie this weekend. I think Herbie is way more oriented for kids...you know which one Rick wants to see though . So what do you guys think of Katie Holmes? I think she should run far and run fast. Tom Cruise is a bit strange these days don't you think?

Anyway, hope everyone is enjoying their Friday. Be safe!
Old 06-25-2005, 12:38 AM   #87  

Just a couple more days then I won't have computer access. We're not taking the computer with us this year.

Julie: Even though it is so dry here that you can feel your skin stretch, I believe it is much better than having humidity. Hubbie grew up with hot humid weather and he prefers the dry heat. Our humidity has been hanging around 15% for the past couple of days. If you've ever been in a dry sauna you know how it feels here. When we see the humidity rise above 20% we find it very uncomfortable. Usually in July and August we'll see it rise to about 30-40% with the monsoon rains. The bad thing during that time is that it does not cool off at night. The day time high will be over 105, but the over night low will usually be in the 80's or 90's. Right now our over night lows are about 81 degrees.

Noelle: I know what you mean about the sunscreen. It seems you can't keep enough on them. Ashley has quite a tan already, even with the sunscreen. I let her swim in the pool in the morning, before the sun gets very high, and again in the evening as the sun sets. She said the pool feels like a hot tub.

Angie: When is a good time to call? I know you are so busy with your bakery.
I look forward to meeting you.

Dips: Keep cool. You are doing so awesome on the...(dare I use the word??)...diet??

Kempy: I hope everything is going well for you. I still haven't figured out how to post the pictures of my backyard. I may have to email them to everyone.

Cherie: Didn't you just get back from Indy? We are flying there on Monday. We're only staying the night, then off on our trip. I have a feeling that we're going to get quite a bit of rain on this trip. I don't mind as long as it cools down after the rain. It just doesn't do that here, especially in summer.

Have a great night everyone and a great weekend.

Cal
Old 06-25-2005, 10:01 PM   #88  
No Limit Souljah!!

Default I Cheated!!!

Okay, I have to be real with my girls. I was babysitting my cousin's kids (ages 2 and 4) I took then to the zoo wednesday and afterward they wanted McDonalds. Turns out they weren't into the turkey sandwiches I prepared for lunch. So I took them. The 2 year old didn't finish her cheese burger so, in a moment of weekness, I did. Even though it was a minor slip up I still felt a little bad about it. But I've been extra good ever since. The SBD allows carbs in phase 2 so it wasn't all bad. I just have to stay away from children from now on.

It is HOT in NYC I'm staying indoors where it's nice and cool. Tomorrow I have to go to work. I'll be watching the Gay Pride parade right outside our window. Should bring us some interesting customers.

J- I'm with you, thank goodness for A/C. So just as I have to avaoid kids, you have to avoid your hubby Shame on him for bringing dairy queen home against your wishes.

Noelle- I didn't realize sunscreen didn't last that long. I never had sunburn. I don't wear sunscreen either. I hope his skin doesn't start peeling. I don't think I'll see the BAtman movie as I originally planned. Thanks to the media, I'm sick to death of Katie and Tom. Tom is acting weird these days but I'm over him.

Cal- I'll miss you when you go away I guess I shouldn't complain about my heat in NY when your guys are seriously cooking over there on the west coast. 114 is like fry-an-egg-on-the-sidewalk hot. Good job on the weight loss!
Dips'n'twists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 09:53 AM   #89  

Morning Girls....check back in a bit
Old 06-27-2005, 10:40 AM   #90  

We're leaving today!!!!
Wonderful vacation!!!!
I'll try to come back on before we leave. If not, I'll chat with everyone in 2 weeks.

Angie: I'll see you next weekend.

Cal