Old 05-23-2005, 09:41 AM   #46  

Well I'm thankful for sunscreen cuz other wise this sun burn i have would be much worse lol..I was at the ball field from 10 am saturday til 6 pm.. i have a major burn on my chest even though i put on 30 spf sun screen 3 times!!!
I totally blew my diet this weekend. I had chips and cake! Dang baby showers are the bain of womens existence lol. I'm dusting myself off and starting over again. skinny Kim is still going to the hospital every day seeing her father. There is improvement though. He's lucid and they have physical therapy working with him. They are hoping he'll get to come home this week sometime. He's getting his sense of humor back and that is a huge relief.
I have to take my oldest daughter to her orthodontist appointment today. She's getting her bottom brackets put on her teeth. She's not looking forward to it, but the quicker they go on the quicker they come off.
Hope everyone had a good weekend.. but its time to get back on here and post!!
goddesskde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 09:08 PM   #47  
Curvy Vixen

ooooohh Kim so sorry bout the sunburn!! My daughter had braces also... have some pudding and soft stuff the first few days... her mouth will be sore...I remember at halloween time, heather got black and orange rubberbands... LOL
PURPLEPANSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 11:58 PM   #48  
One day at a time!

Height: 5'4"

Good evening ladies....

How is everyone? It was a long day--but the first day went pretty good. It is always an adjustment going through the training process. But so far so good. The only thing that through me off today was the fact that my manager wanted to take me out to lunch for my first day--so I had to not eat my Jenny Craig planned lunch. But I did good and got a grilled chicken salad. So I feel really good about that. I feel in control again--and that is a good feeling. Plus the past few days I have been taking my dogs for walks--so that is about 20 minutes of exercise that I have been starting out with. In time I want to increase my workouts--and do something more intense. But I thought this was a good way to start--and my dogs are loving it!

I have to get to bed, but I just wanted to say howdy y'all. Have a happy and healthy day!
krngallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 12:27 AM   #49  
HERE I GO AGAIN!

S/C/G: 182/182/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi Ladies! I have missed being on here with you all. My dad is doing better one minute and then it changes the next. They now say that he has yeast in his blood. He is running fever and now taking an anti fungal medication through his IV. He started talking crazy again today. He won't eat. His heart rate is going crazy. One minute high and the next it is too slow. He got out of bed for physical therapy one day and hasn't been out of bed since. He is so weak.
I am exhausted. I am home tonight, but will be back up there tomorrow. I miss my kids like crazy, but I don't see an end to this any time real soon.
The diet?????? What diet???? I am so depressed cause I just couldn't do it at the hospital all the time. I am trying to make better choices, but they still aren't good ones.
Anyway, I am thinking about you all!!!
Hope to be back in the swing of things again sometime soon!
o2bskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 05:00 AM   #50  
I can and I will do it!

It is getting too quiet on here. Today is weigh in at WW, a little nervous about it. I just don't feel like I have lost any if not I will make some changes. I desperately need to stop buying anything that is sweet, bought a box of WW choclate cakes last night and ate both. Out of sight, out of mind as they say.

Karen glad you had a good first day and good luck with your program. I do hope it works for you.

Oh Kim my prayers go out to you and your family, how stressful for you. Do they not know what is going on with him? Hang in there honey....

To all the rest of you Vixens hi and hope all is well.

Have a wonderful day....
candlelady4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 05:04 AM   #51  
Movin' right along...

Hey chickas...

Kim- honey, don't worry about the diet!! You will be able to get back on the wagon when YOU can. Just concentrate on your dad! I know its hard and Im so sorry that you have to go through this. We miss you here.

Lynn- Did you go to the OA meeting? How was it?

Karen- Im glad you had a good first day. Damn your boss for taking you out to lunch

Had a good day yesterday. We went out last night. This shift will be ending on Friday. So, we wont be able to go out for about 2 months until this shift is on again. Nics milking it for all its worth. Honestly, Ill be glad when its over. The beer is making me gain weight. I swear, I think Ive gained 5 lbs. Its not good. His next shift is 4am until 2pm. I like that shift much better for dieting.

Tomorrow is the closing date for the embassy job. Nic wants it SOOO bad. I really hope he gets it. I dont know how much longer I can live with other people.

The kitties are good. The rescue one has become Nics cat. He changed the name to Tweak. The gray one is mine. I havent named him yet. He looks like a bear so I wanted to name him Dubb(bear in arabic) but Im not sure yet.

OK girls...Things im thankful for. My family. My incredible husband. ALL of my animals. Living in the Middle East. Living near the beach. The fresh fruit & veggies they sell here. My hairstylist. I have so many more but these are at the top of my list.

Love y'all,
Deanne
chubbyvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 10:28 AM   #52  

Hey ladies.. I'm just checking in.. I didnt forget to weigh in yesterday. I lost half a pound so I'm leaving my ticker where it is for now. That damn baby shower cake did me in lol. Seriously I just didnt have a stellar week. I'm going to go back to phase 1 when Kim is ready and able to start over. It's easier to have a buddy going thru stuff with you. And lets face it, I'll need a boost myself so it's no hardship for me.
I swear I have second degree burns on my boobs! They are still DARK red and OMG do they hurt. And its not like a sun burn sting.. they actually hurt. I'm going to have to go buy some new sunscreen. I know it loses some of its effectiveness with time, but not like this!! I put in on 3 times!
Old 05-24-2005, 01:05 PM   #53  
HERE I GO AGAIN!

S/C/G: 182/182/130

Height: 5'3"

Well, I am getting ready to go to the hospital again. But I wanted to check in..........I went ahead and stepped on the scale to see how much damage I have done.....AND..........I lost 5 pounds!!!!! How nice to have something good happen for a change!!!!!! YAY! Just wanted to share!
Oh, my brother said they had my dad up walking this morning and he ate a good breakfast! YEA! 2 good things today!!!
Kim, I really miss our walks!!!!!!!
o2bskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 01:12 PM   #54  

Me too.. and with the kids being out of school i'm gonna need them more than you know
Old 05-24-2005, 01:23 PM   #55  
Movin' right along...

KIM...CONGRATS GIRL!!! Thats awesome. Im sure you needed a little cheering up...5 lbs...thats alot of cheering up!! Im so proud of you. Im also excited that your dad is up and walking. Good for him. Im glad things are turning out good for you.

Ok, I've decided to make a mini goal again. They werent working for me before but maybe it can give me some motivation. Its going to be a really short mini goal so that I dont get overwhelmed.

MY MINI GOAL May 25th-June 10th

*Lose at least 4 lbs
*Exercise!!!
*Give/get support on 3fatchicks
*Journal or post food
*Be happy

Love,
Deanne
Old 05-24-2005, 04:55 PM   #56  
Curvy Vixen

howdy all...
Kim, hope your dad is well and on the mend.. Keep doing what you are doing, cuz apparantly it works...
Karen~~ good luck with the new job..!!
Dianne~~ good luck with weigh in.. don't forget to post
Kim.. ouchies on the sunburn.. there is no sun here.. not for days and not for the next few days. I'm sun depreived.... I'm having family and friends over for memorial day weekend and it is going to rain... yikes!!
Deanne~~ I love the name dubb... reminds me of rub a dubb dubb three men in a tub... ( I think i'm losing my mind lol) you know that nursery rhyme...

I had my mammo today, all is clean and clear. On sept 11th 2001 a day before my 38th birthday ( and of course the attack on our country) my mammo revealed a 4mm mass... I was already devastated with the trade center and plane crashes. I live 90mins north of nyc ( family works in manhattan, I was sooo nervous for them) ... and now this.... well, all was ok and I am still ok... ladies.. remember you mammo's please... I have no breast cancer in my family.
I will post later.. I have to get Heather off to dance class..Love ya all
Old 05-25-2005, 06:35 AM   #57  
Movin' right along...

Hey girls...

Lynn- I've never had a mammo. I guess I should. My mom has to get them often. They found a lump but it was nothing.
Hows your plan going? Today is the beginning of my mini goal. Nic called me a few minutes ago to see if I want to go out tonight. Wonderful. That'll be my flex points. The rest of the week, Im just going to have to stick to 22 the rest of the week.

Ok, so we went to rent movies last night. They also sell them. I was looking through the yoga dvds. I found Yoga Sex. So, I figured what the ****, its exercise. Nic is excited. He thinks its going to be 2 people on the video. Um no.

Anyway, I have the car today while Nic is at work so I think Ill go shopping or something. I might go buy a cutsie shirt to wear out tonight. Which reminds me, I have a question.

WHAT DO Y'ALL PLAN ON DOING WITH YOUR CLOTHES THAT ARE TOO BIG WHEN YOU'RE ALL SEXY AND SKINNY?

Over here, you can get clothes and stuff made for VERY cheap. Im talkin a dollar. So, Im thinking of having a blanket and some pillows made out of my old clothes. That way, its there to remind of my hard work and to work even harder to keep the chubb off.

Love,
Deanne
Old 05-25-2005, 06:44 AM   #58  
Movin' right along...

Heres a picture of the kitty...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kitty.jpg (47.3 KB, 18 views)
Old 05-25-2005, 08:49 AM   #59  
Curvy Vixen

I want a kittyyyyyyyyy.. too cute....i'm getting the fever for a kitty... Jim said no way...since we are going away soon I know I can't but after july.. hmmm I have to start working on him...
Deanne that is a great idea about your clothes. I threw away all of my 'fat' clothes, last time I lost the weight. I got a huge garbage bag and threw it all away with a vengence. I bought all new clothes even uniforms as I was working then and felt great. I swore I'd never go back and no I haven't gone back all the way but pretty much I feel like I have to start all over again. I love the idea of your mini goal, that makes it do-able. I didn't make it to OA, there were no excuses other then I was tired. Aunt flo made her appearance this am and i'm so crampy and bloated. Have fun shopping!!
Old 05-25-2005, 09:15 AM   #60  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

no weight loss this week i am see sawing back & forth with the same 1/2 lb.... oh well maybe next week!
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote