Old 05-16-2005, 01:42 PM   #1  
Curvy Vixen

Wink ~curvy Vixen #5~

We are the Curvy Vixens!!!! Why? Because we aim to have our curves in the right places--and according the dictionary a Vixen is a female fox! Remember the 80's? A fox is a good thing!!!!

Please feel free to join in and chat with this lovely group of ladies!
PURPLEPANSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 01:44 PM   #2  
Curvy Vixen

WELL..My phone calls are done!! I did alot of cleaning. The laundry is endless thou. I wonder how many calories I burned???
Old 05-16-2005, 03:43 PM   #3  
Movin' right along...

Finally...a new thread.

Things are good here. Just picked Nic up from work. Stayed on the plan all day long. I bought some gorgeous flowers today...bird of paradise, heliconia, roses. Thats about it. I got out for a little while today. Im dreading doing the grocery shopping tomorrow. Gotta stock up on lean cuisines. I just know all the people at the store can tell that we dont cook.

Ok, will post later...

Love,
Deanne
chubbyvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 09:38 PM   #4  
One day at a time!

Height: 5'4"

Hi ladies,

It's been a busy couple of days. I took my daughter (Alexa) and her friends to "cosmic bowling" on Saturday for her b-day. It was fun. Then most of yesterday I helped my other daughter (Jessica) finish up a science fair project. She did it on "Are cats predominantly left or right-pawed?". She had a lot of fun with it. I think it turned out great. I hope she gets picked by one of the judges and possibly gets rewarded for all her effort. Last year Alexa got picked, and won 4th place for all of her 4th grade. And honestly, Alexa is the kind of kid who tends to win or do well in many things. And poor Jessica knows that she doesn't always do as well, despite her best efforts. But I really think it turned out great--and would love for her to feel good about it. I think she does already feel good--but getting picked by a judge would make her feel really special. Although, I told her that no matter what it is great.

Anyway...this is my last week at my old job. The week started out the same as always--but I know by the end of the week I will be a little emotional to say goodbye to some of the people, especially one lady who is like a sister to me. But at the same time, today the management was talking about the layoffs again and only being safe through December. So that tells me that this is the right time for me to move on.

Hope you are all having a happy and healthy day!
krngallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 12:43 AM   #5  
HERE I GO AGAIN!

S/C/G: 182/182/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone! I am home for a nights sleep before I go back to the hospital with my dad. I am glad goddess kim is keeping you all informed. He is improving, but he has had
the crap scared out of us. He told me last night he couldn't keep going and that the good Lord was going to take him this time. That is NOT my dad! I have cried till my eyes are literally dry. He was pretty much to himself today and we can't seem to make him understand what happened to him. He is so scared. I am going back in the morning and spending the next couple of nights with him as my mom in law will be here with my kids. My friend picked the up at school today and came home and got them in bed. My hubby had to go back to work today, so we are doing what we can. I am living on a few hours sleep a day and it is killing me. Needless to say my diet is non existant now. I will get back on track eventually and I am SOOOOO looking forward to mine and Kims walks again! It is just so hard to stay on something when you are not eating many meals at home. The church has sent food, but it is not diet friendly. I am just thrilled to be getting it and not having to worry about it. I am depressed that my diet went to **** in a handbasket, but I will have to make myself get back later.
I am going to bed now. I am totally exhausted. Just wanted to say HI and that I miss you all. Thanks for your prayers and thoughts. I will be back ASAP!
o2bskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 05:20 AM   #6  
Movin' right along...

Hey chicks...

Karen- That science project sounds so cute! Oh and when do you start your new job? Are you excited?

Kim- Its so great to hear from you! Im so sorry that you have had to go through this. Dont even worry about your diet right now...you can get back on it anytime you want. For now, concentrate on your dad. We miss you!

Lets see...I took my effexor last night to see how I would do with it at night. Not good. I was restless all night. So, I slept in for a little while this morning. Im having watermelon and sugar free redbull for breakfast. Ok, thats it for now.

Love,
D
Old 05-17-2005, 08:40 AM   #7  
Curvy Vixen

(((Kim))) hugs to you. I hope everything is ok with your dad!

Karen- good luck with your last week of work. I left my job last June ( I can't believe it is a year I'm home now) My mother had a stroke and Heather was suffering with migranes. There were so many doctor visits and I had so much stress it was best I leave for my own sanity. I cried my last day. It wasn't the hospital I worked at that I'd miss it was my co workers. I worked with them for sooo long. I still miss them. I do keep in touch with a few and have gone out for breakfast and dinners. My suggestion is to get a small phone book and have each co worker write their phone and address so you have it as a keep sake.

Deanne- lately I loath grocery shopping. I see everything I want to eat!! Make sure you eat before you go!

I have to drive that hour drive to westchester for the urologist heather is seeing. I hate this drive. One hour of windy curvy roads. Then we are going shopping for a prom dress, her new bf has asked her to his senior prom.

Jamie is still very sick. She slept all day yesterday and her temp is 101. No word for the doctor as of yet....

post latah.. love ya vixens~
Old 05-18-2005, 12:32 AM   #8  
One day at a time!

Height: 5'4"

Hi gals,

I am exhausted and think I need to get to bed ASAP--but wanted to check in real quick. My daughter had her science fair tonight and won 4th place. She was so excited, and I was thrilled for her!

I am in a class now--and wish I wasn't with so much going on. But I didn't want to put it off because I have to do team assignments and am in a good group I can count on. I didn't want to risk taking a few weeks off and getting with a bad group. But it is a struggle to keep up with homework right now. Ugh! I have to stick with it, only 4 classes left!

Lynn--I would be worried sick if I was you with your daughter being sick so long. I am sure you are. Did you ever get any kind of clue as to what is wrong with her? I hope she starts to feel better soon!

Deanne--Are you back on track now that hubby is back at work? How is the new kitty? I like sugar free red-bull too! Good energy drink!

Kim--I can only imagine how hard it must be for you with your father being sick. It is terribly hard when our loved ones are hurting and we feel helpless to make things better. Hang in there and keep us posted!

Well gals, I am headed for bed now. I have been getting to bed way too late and that is gonna kill me! I need to get a good pattern going for the new job--starts May 23rd, this coming Monday. What shall I wear on my big day? That has already crossed my mind. First impressions you know! I want to look and feel as good as I can that day. It will be like being the new kid at school. So much to think about!

G'nite ladies!
krngallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 06:11 AM   #9  
Movin' right along...

Hey girls...

Karen- Im sure you'll do great on your first day. Find the outfit that you feel most confident in. Oh and yes Im back on track...FINALLY.

Lynn- Wow, you are just go go go. It seems like you're in and out of doctors all the time. Sounds stressful. I hope you're doing ok. Hows weight watchers going? My online payment is due soon. I can't decide if I just want to do WW at home or keep up with WW online. I have the stuff that Kim sent me so I could do it at home. What do you think?

Ok, Nic and I had chilis last night but I was good. Salad, plain mashed potatoes. Ok, I got a call back from Ritz Carlton about a job. Problem is, they dont pay much. They order all of their laborers from the Phillipines and Nepal so its cheaper labor. U.S. pay is higher. Anyway, they will give me a housing allowance and transportation allowance since Ill stay with Nic rather than at their compound. If I got a job with ITT on the base, they pay about $15-$20 an hour PLUS sign on bonus, end of contract bonus, trans. allowance, housing allowance, and per diem(about $900 per month). Thats ALOT of money considering that Im only 21. I think that it would be a better job with ITT. Ok, blah blah blah.

Im going to eat...

Love,
Deanne
Old 05-18-2005, 10:05 AM   #10  

ok after fighting with this site i finally found you guys. It wouldnt refresh and show me the new thread.. arrrggghhh.. sometimes technology is a pain in the ***.
Things are plugging right along here. I've been sorta helping my hubby build stuff upstairs.. we're finishing out an expanable area.. actually its 2 rooms and 2 hallways, but we havent gotten the flooring down yet so there isnt much i can do really. He's putting in braces and what not in the rafters so the new walls will have support under them once he gets to the framing point. All sounds greek to me, but he knows what he's doing. It'll give the kids a media room to hang out in so they are excited about not getting fussed at over messing up my living room so much lol. Today i get to help carry 4x8 sheets of 3/4inch plywood up stairs.. woo hoooo.. lol sounds fun NOT...
Hope everyone is doing well.. and congrats to those that posted losses..
Lynn, I hope your daughter is feeling better soon. I stress with sick kids.. i feel so helpless and Mommies are supposed to make it all better you know.. sigh..makes you wish you could fix it all for them
goddesskde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 10:17 AM   #11  
Movin' right along...

Hey Kim....I was wondering what year the ww stuff is from? Oh and Im putting that thing in the mail tomorrow. Sorry its taken so long. When Nic was off of work, I stayed as far away from that base as possible.

I have epilepsy and I remember my mom being so upset because she couldnt do anything about it. I can only imagine how Moms feel when their child is sick.

Love,
Deanne
Old 05-18-2005, 10:32 AM   #12  

The weight watchers books are from last year.. I went back in January and they were still selling the same books so they are pretty much current. They added a little booklet about the second plan they have.. the core plan i think its called, but i didnt keep that since i had no plans on using that one..and dont worry about not sending that out.. i avoid the post office as much as possible lol.. i understand
Old 05-18-2005, 10:41 AM   #13  
Movin' right along...

The post office here isnt the problem...its the army perverts Oh and my husbands coworker perverts...

Where is everyone? Kery, Jessica???
Old 05-18-2005, 12:19 PM   #14  

Oh i remember those guys. lol When my hubby was an E6 in the Army his soldiers used to hit on me right in front of him at the bars...it was just stupid. They would pay dearly at work the next day but it never stopped them. Military guys all think with their little heads.. like I would EVER cheat on Dan ... let alone with a guy that worked for him.. lol I actually had one guy say he would only hook up with married women because they wouldnt be looking for a commitment from him..
Old 05-18-2005, 03:01 PM   #15  

Hey Ladies, i have'nt been on in a while. I have just been off the wagon and struggling to get back on, its like at times is it worth it, or am i worth it. I just cant get my state of mind back to wanting to loose and keep it off. I have been eating out, and eating horrible things. I have even looked into diet pills. I have done them before but didnt want to get on them because i know the weight wouldnt stay off if i do that. I just need help. I need a buddy to keep me on track. I have also been stressing about trying to get another job. I have interviewed for this one and i am one of the top 2 they are looking at, so i will find out the end of this week or begining of next. i really hope i get it, its a little more money and so much closer to my house, which would help with gas. ok well i hope i didnt make all of you down. I think i just need to get back with posting on a regular basis. well talk to you all later, Love you.

Jessica
jessicamt is offline   Reply With Quote