Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 05:27 AM   #136  
Empress/Queen

Just a flyby as have been on road all day ... it's gonna be like that all week, methinks.

Hi to all, sorry for the lack o' personal responses ... except to say, Punkin, congrats on the NONTHINK re the anniversary ... that's the first step.

Realized that today was the first day since my accident that I haven't thought about it or beat myself up about it!

So, we progress!

Hi, Ceara, glad thou be back!

Maisie did 70 minutes with the trainer ... we are mostly doing cardio now but she forces me to do some weights each time ... I do spend extra money on this trainer (something else to feel guilty about) but it's really worth it ... I'm just the kind of person who benefits from coaching and extra motivation ... left to myself, the inner children all take over and that's not a good thing ...

Anagramatic: Thy messages are always spritely, but it's fun to play with fonts sometimes!!!!

Sara: Good job re the great workout!! Exercise is so fun, for me it's a lifesaver, except sometimes I get too bummed out to see that! You are doing great!!! Do you eat plain yogurt? I need to start doing that ...

Kaylets? How goeth it ... are the popups better?

Later ...
Old 05-17-2005, 05:35 AM   #137  

Up way too early again. I think it's the blasted prednisone. Still lots of nervous energy - I'll miss that next week. Only a few more days of it.

Pretty decent on food yesterday. Not great but decent. Got to tai chi class. Not a failing day.

Glad the anniversary was a mite less painful this year, Punkin. And glad you and your stepdad are still having those warm & chuckling moments. Speaks volumes to your connectedness.

Ceara, glad you had such a good time! And Eydie, hope dad is improving day by day.
Old 05-17-2005, 05:42 AM   #138  

Howdy, Empress! Seems like thou art ending thy day as I'm beginning mine. The trainer is a "No Guilt" thing and should be considered thy reward for perseverance as well as the helpful tool said trainer apparently is.

Glad you had a brief respite from accident reliving - this sort of thing sort of takes forever.

I need to think of a small reward for me today. Not that I've done anything spectacular to warrant it. But I need a reward. Hmmm - doesn't have to be big. Just a little bribe.
Old 05-17-2005, 07:13 AM   #139  

Hello all!

Eydie... My best to you and your Dad.... Lots of positve vibes to your kingdom....

Anagram.. you are my inspiration w/ the RA meds and holding steady on the scale... proves you have learned how to short circuit the gain impulse....
Good vibes to your kingdom too!

Ceara... sometimes I really can relate to "Its a dog's life" in more ways than one.... we too had a minor doggie adventure a few days ago.... thought for sure a back paw was broken but luckily, turned out to be minor and said pup came runnning to meet last night ( although still doesnt trust me if she thinks I might have nail clipper or ear drops....)

WSW-- We had a very humid Saturday and I wondered if it was steamy your way..... we've had a/c on a few times... how about you? I hate to turn it on but let the temp inside the house get close to 80 degrees and run to turn it on!

Punkin-- Where does the time go??? can you believe this is your 12th yr of non marriage??? And yes, I too can see so many fondly departed watching and smiling as they see us have our "Ah ha " moments.....
AND I LOVE THE QUEEN SIGNAL IN THE SKY LIKE THE BATMAN SIGNAL!!!
THAT IS A KEEPER!!
sorry for shouting!!

Empress-- ok, I give.... Is Maise short for "Simply Amazing" ?? And yes, its time to put the accident to the "not to be repeated if at all possible file" to make room for new things coming across the desk......Did I miss it?? Are you driving a sexy convertible now?? or perhaps a vehicle similiar to the Q Punkins Tractor???
or perhaps your taste in vehicle's is more like mine...."serviceable.."---
and yes, thanks for popup advice but its not just here... THEY"RE EVERYWHERE!!
I try to update temp files as often as possible....

Wildfire--Hope the DD situation has cooled....Here, we have not heard another word from DS which can mean nothing or everything.... Is it becoming springlike in your kingdom?? I have to admit, I don't know very much about when spring/summer comes to your realm.....

To our newest royal members-- NewfieSara and Dtimpma.... WELCOME and welcome again..... Sorry I didnt do that sooner but sometimes I want to be here and cannot.... for instance, seems like the software protection at the job will not let me go beyone the home page of 3fc... can't even get to the forum....

I u sed to call myself an early riser but every since Daylight Savings Time, I have a hard time getting up for 5....

Who am I forgetting...... Wood Nymph.....have a wonderful break and vacation ....

so.....

Thought of the day :

" A bend in the road is not the end of the road .....unless you fail to make the turn."
---Anonymous

Question of the day :

"How many maps do you own?"

Interesting how I found the thought of the day today.....journeys, detours, destinations, bends in the road, ........

Even the best maps don't know when there will be a traffic jam .....

And whether we wait it out or get ourselves over to the shoulder and ride to t he next exit or get out of the car and kick the tires or maybe, just maybe,
abandon the car and start walking..... we all make a choice ........

We don't hold ourselves responsible if traffic is backed up, its just one of those Sh** Happens things.....
Yet, we are so programmed to believe we should have total control in how our bodies lose/maintain weight.....

Could some of that be Urban Myth?
Could some of that be just not understanding our own biology?

I think its both those things as well as just this simply.... biology is very much like the weather.... an imperfect science....

That's why some of are allergic to milk and others can drink gallons....

And what we do know for sure, we don't like.....

That losing 1-2 lbs average per week is HOW IT REALLY IS.....
The most important word in 1-2lbs average per week is "average".... took me way too long to get this in my head.....in fact, I think it was just a few seconds ago.....Taking the average means dividing something into something else.....
So if I lost 5 lbs in a month and I divide 5 lbs by the 5 weeks I come up w/ 1/week..... but if I look at my chart, I see that 1 week I lost nothing, one week I gained .6 another week lost,lost 3.3 the next, stayed the same another week and lost 1.7 the next...... But STILL, even though the reality is I didn't actually lose every week, my AVERAGE says I did......

Wonder what took me so long for all of that to sink in?? After all, this last Weight Watchers journey has been 5 yrs.......

hmmmmmm...... wonder if I suddenly see things a little differently
now
that
I MADE LIFETIME!

hmmmmmm

Dh and I have decided to play hooky today as there is a sale on listing auctions on Ebay today. We were notified by email just this morning that the sale began at 3 am ... so, we are literally, turning the car around on today's plans ( to go to work....: ) ) and spending the day posting....

KETTLE IS ON!

PS Punkin, I'm confused as to why my lifetime card shows a 10% box on it? in fact, they even filled it in for me.... I'm confused.....
Old 05-17-2005, 10:48 AM   #140  
Is it Friday yet?

Mornin' dolls!

Amarantha, I am so glad your brain is letting go of things in the past too... I think we've all spent too much mental energy on things that are over and can't be changed. Forward we go!!!!!

Anagram, as much as I believe those that have left us have much better things to do than hang out and watch us, there are times that I just *know* they're around. While watering my mom's horses last weekend I just felt my stepdad there.... like a "whoosh" and I swear if I turned around I thought I'd see him. Yes, I believe it is a testament to our closeness that he'd hang around a bit to make sure things are getting done and that we're ok... I'd be more surprised if I didn't feel him around us!
And you go ahead and reward yourself!!!!! Mani, pedi, something purdy! Go for it, you deserve it!

Kaylets, actually Saturday would've been my 12th anniversary if I'd stayed married. This August will be my 6th year of non-marriage (can't believe I've been in Oregon that long!). Yes, time does fly...
Your Q about the 10% on your lifetime book - I'd assume it's there in case you need it, like me, being lifetime and over goal they'd use it. But you're at goal and they have no need to fill that 10% in. WHY??? You're not going to aim to loose another 10%.... sounds like someone doesn't know exactly what it's there for, imo. Ignore what they put in there and just keep on maintaining!

Well, work is a callin'. A "hey" and a "howdy" to everyone!

Terri
Old 05-17-2005, 01:22 PM   #141  
Newfie Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 322/322/175

Height: 5'11"

LIFETIME! That is so awesome and excellent and super!

*goes to eat and get my butt to the gym*
Old 05-17-2005, 04:31 PM   #142  

Thanks Punkin and Newfiesiera.......It sure is going to take some getting used to....
this is the first time in my life I've ever gotten this far w/ WW's.....

its a new turn in the road!

Old 05-17-2005, 06:58 PM   #143  
Empress/Queen

Talking

Hello !!! I have two hours of being stuck in this town with nothing to do as it's too far to go home and come back to cover a night meeting. Oh well!

Nay, Kaylets, I'm not driving a sexy convertible ... it's a 2001 Chevy Prizm ... didn't feel I deserved a sexy new car, although this one is a good vehicle ... low mileage, good payments ... sigh ... I didn't have ANY payments on the one I totaled.

CONGRATULATIONS ON MAKING LIFETIME!!!!! That's awesome!!!
Old 05-17-2005, 07:26 PM   #144  
deleted2

Once again, Empress, we have a connection. One of our cars is a Prizm too---it's a great little car and we'd gladly buy another one. Really the most reliable car we've ever had. Garry researched it thoroughly and it has excellent ratings all around. Good choice! We've had ours for maybe 6 years and have never had any trouble with it.

Old 05-17-2005, 07:38 PM   #145  
Empress/Queen

That's good to hear, Eydie!!!! So far it seems excellent ... gets good gas mileage also.

I like the Chev logo on the back, as it reminds me of my first car.

And so it goes ...

s I don't know how to take this exactly but someone here in this extremely DEAD newsroom I'm at (the receptionist) told me that I talk so much about the no sugar "diet" that she can tell I'm obsessed. Needless to say I won't be talkin' to her about it anymore, but I feel it is a useful obsession anyhow ...

Going to take off for a different location now and do a meeting later.

Eydie, I pm'd thee!!!
Old 05-18-2005, 06:19 AM   #146  

Hello all...

Dh and I didnt get much auction posting done yesterday as DH's photo software locked h is system up and then crashed..... we did get a couple of the most important though so it wasnt a total loss.... and both of us got naps too.... Last night was Summer Bowling and as usual, I did ok, horrrible and then very good..... didnt make my average but there's always next week.....
and go figure.... last night woke up a few times and all of that was most likely due to the nap....

So this morning I am really "faking it till I make it" as I surely don't want to be going to work but that's the price you pay when you play hooky during the week!

Anyone familiar w/ carpul tunnel problems and surgery??? Looks like Dh is going to need to see a doctor specifically soon......
He started seeing a chiropractor for neck issues and has nearly 30 appointments scheduled. Big yikes on that one.

Cars.... in my younger days, was mildly interested but really more interest in design than in needing to own.... Most of my "dream cars" are classics from the 40's or 50's which really couldnt be used as an everyday vehicle.....
I too, get intense satsifaction the longer I can drive a vehicle beyond the "paid in full" date although the last couple cars DH drove, didnt make to that "paid in full" date .... too unreliable.
Just last night, a lady teammate shared w/ me how her daughter commutes by bus and "saves lots of gas money by not driving her suv"......
hmmmm.....

Frogger! Didnt mean to overlook you yesterday in my long missive.....
How is the youngest royal doing??? Still sleeping so much for you??
And your coworker? Have you been able to avoid him? I admit, I'm not sure I remember all the details, but the coworker seems troubled.... and sometimes, it is beyond us to help....
You were very clever to remove yourself from the situation..... But then again, we always knew you were clever!

Eydie-- Did I mention I lent "Pototoes Not Prozac" to one of the bosses?? Hasnt been returned yet so my guess is that something in the book is keeping her interest..... Still makes me chuckle that I was doing Online research from your link about Radiant Recovery and I had the book right in my own bedroom...

Ok all....

Thought of the day:
"Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been."
---Mark Twain

Question of the day:
"In what circumstance would you consider cosmetic surgery?"

Oh boy, I sure wish today was a day I could stay home too!

KETTLE IS ON!
Old 05-18-2005, 06:31 AM   #147  

Default Wednesday Grin

What A Smart Professor
>
>
> Introductory Chemistry at Duke has been taught for about a zillion
years
> by Professor Bonk (really), and his course is semi-affectionately known
> as "Bonkistry." He has been around forever, so I wouldn't put it past
> him to come up with something like this.
>
>
> Anyway, one year there were these two guys who were taking Chemistry
and
> who did pretty well on all of the quizzes and the midterms and labs,
> etc., such that going into the final they had a solid A.
>
>
> These two friends were so confident going into the final that the
> weekend before finals week (even though the Chem final was on Monday),
> they decided to go up to University of Virginia and party with some
> friends up there. So they did this and had a great time. However, with
> their hangovers and everything, they overslept all day Sunday and
didn't
> make it back to Duke until early Monday morning.
>
>
> Rather than taking the final then, what they did was to find Professor
> Bonk after the final and explain to him why they missed the final. They
> told him that they went up to University of Virginia for the weekend,
> and had planned to come back in time to study, but that they had a flat
> tire on the way back and didn't have a spare and couldn't get help for
a
> long time and so were late getting back to campus.
>
>
> Bonk thought this over and then agreed that they could make up the
final
> on the following day. The two guys were elated and relieved.
>
>
> So, they studied that night and went in the next day at the time that
> Bonk had told them. He placed them in separate rooms and handed each of
> them a test booklet and told them to begin. They looked at the first
> problem, which was something simple about polarity and solutions and
was
> worth 5 points. "Cool" they thought, "this is going to be easy." They
> did that problem and then turned the page. They were unprepared,
> however, for what they saw on the next page. It said:
>
>
> (95 points) Which tire?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Old 05-18-2005, 07:58 AM   #148  

Height: 5'1"

Hi everyone!
Weight: 157
Average for this week: 1851 calories and 17 minutes walking.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:28 AM   #149  

FOR QUEEN KAYLETS!

Congrats on making Lifetime.

And congrats to aria on good numbers.

QOD - first thought is only in case of serious accident.

Food not bad yesterday; exercise was a lot of stuff around the house.

Heading out for a mental health lunch w/a friend. Need more of those.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:33 AM   #150  
Empress/Queen

Talking

Congrats to Aria for the excellent work this week and again to K for LIFETIME!!!

QOD, probably never, sounds like it could produce PAIN. The entity known as Amarantha tends to avoid PAIN when possible.

Have fun on thy mental health lunch, Anagramatic.

Must work, sorry but shall just repost what I put in my journal in the land far far away this a.m. as it explains current state of mind, which isn't all that great. From now on I'll just post this schlock on the journal and not take up thread space here!

It is I, the Inner Child Formerly Known as Lazy Maisie. I say "formerly" because I am vowing to be Lazy no more, as the Diet Nanny hath rousted me from a sound sleep this a.m. and sent me off in a coach-n-four to the Victorian Boarding School until I get me lil exercise minutes caught up. Don't tell her, though, but I DON'T intend to do 'em ... I am expecting a visit from the I WANNA REST FAIRY soon, who will talk the Cruel Victorian Headmistress into letting me lie down for several hours with a novel and we will call THAT exercisin'! ~ Signed IC

News Report: A stray Inner Child, known as Crazy Cousin Cal the Calorie Cruncher is currently in custody at Diet Police Headquarters. The suspect is charged with a variety of felonies stemming from a bout of overeatin' yesterday at Diet Nanny's hut. This reporter expects the Calorie Judge to throw the book at the miscreant, locking him in the deepest dungeon available until he promises to be good, which could take awhile.
Closed Thread