Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 03:06 PM   #106  

Height: 5'1"

Lightbulb

Hi everyone!
I am all in favor of the word "NO"!
Only when necessary, which happens to be often, lol.
DTimpma and Amarantha, I happen to be a piano teacher (among other things) myself.
I understand where you are coming from...
For some good laughs have you, by any chance, checked the pianoforum.net site?
Old 05-14-2005, 03:22 PM   #107  
Empress/Queen

Default Yup, no, no, no, no work today ...

Hi, A!! Hey, the piano teachers are stackin' up here!!!

I saw your post on the land far far away about not havin' regular workin' hours. That's a big issue with me also, foodwise (and otherwise) ... it has advantages (many) but it's hard to build good health habits when we don't do regular hours.

I reinstated somewhat my journal over there to post my food and Maisie's minutes ... it seems to work better when I do that. I've been really excellent in eating the right foods and on the no refined sugar, etc., front but the cals are creepin' up ... we'll see.

I've been sort of depressed and upset lately (ya couldna tell, right, lasses?) ... not sure if I'll keep on postin' anywhere for long as I kind of moan 'n groan a lot ... hard to say ... I don't seem to be getting over something I should be getting over and I keep talkin' about it!

Oh well, time for solitaire and a nap and dijon chicken with mushrooms.
Old 05-14-2005, 04:22 PM   #108  

Height: 5'1"

Amarantha, Dijon chicken with mushrooms and a nap should do it, lol!
Old 05-14-2005, 06:14 PM   #109  
Empress/Queen

It kind of did, Aria! The chicken was really good. I braised chunks of chicken breast and mushrooms in a mix of canola oil, water and dijon ... I found a brand with NO sugar or other high glycemic ingredients ... have been taking servings of this out on jobs all week.
Old 05-14-2005, 06:31 PM   #110  
Newfie Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 322/322/175

Height: 5'11"

Hey Aramantha, I'm here..
Old 05-14-2005, 07:34 PM   #111  
Hot Stuff

Oh, we don't want restless towel boys....or do we? Perhaps if they are tall, handsome, Irish towel boys, it wouldna be such a terrible thing...but I digress.

You will have to forgive me as I've had one or four glasses of wine during dinner at a friend's place. DH was finishing up some extensive computer rebuilding for him, so he invited us both to have an early dinner with him. It was quite good...lean grilled pork, green salad, and a lovely white merlot. Very lovely. Yep...yummy.

I was thrilled to learn this friend is a new fan of my beloved Jesse Cook. Friend, his sister, and her husband are going to accompany us to Jesse's concert at the Toronto Zoo in August. Which reminds me, I need to order those tickets online.

A big hello to NewfieSara! We are honored to have a Royal of such fine lineage among us, as Newfies are as strong, proud, and extraordinary a people as my own Cape Bretoners are. Welcome to the palace!

Greetings to all our s. Hope you are enjoying a lovely Saturday.

It is rainy and dark here today, perfect day for doing nothing...and I've done pretty much that all day. Now the decision is do I tackle Mt. Laundry, or do I open that bottle of wine that is so nicely chilled and veg for the night. Decisions, decisions....
Old 05-14-2005, 08:39 PM   #112  
Empress/Queen

Talking Hi!

Hmmmm, mayhap even short restless Towel Boys would do nicely, Wildfire! Even non-Irish ... also digressing. I am bored trying to do no work. Of course, if I were working, I'd be bored, so there ya have it!!!

Hail and hallo to our newest Newfiesara!!! Welcome to the wee Palace in the deep dark somewhat dietetic woods!!!! Come on in and make thyself comfy ... post a solstice challenge or goals if thou desirest or not if that be thy pleasure. We be a flexible lot!!! It be wonderful to have thee here!!!

Winding down on Sugar Busters Day 119 ... will post my menus in the journal I started today in the land far away (rhymes). Maisie's week was very successful, remains to be seen if there's a weight loss, but doesn't seem too important as I know I will reach my goal if I remain off refined sugar, white flour, et al!!! ... oops, no bananas either! (very high glycemic, verboten )

Feel better mentally and emotionally this afternoon. Zoned out on solitaire. I'm getting really good at solitaire.

Huzzah.

Sis boom 'n bah!!!

Let's get out there and be active and have an exciting rest o' the weekend ...

Or a nap, whichever comes first!

Last edited by Amarantha2; 05-14-2005 at 09:02 PM.
Old 05-14-2005, 08:41 PM   #113  
Empress/Queen

P.S. Wildfire, I would go for the wine if I were you!
Old 05-14-2005, 09:21 PM   #114  
Newfie Extraordinaire

My challenge is to do 300 minutes of exercise per week, starting tomorrow. :-D

*makes myself comfy on my throne.. orders a poolboy*
Old 05-14-2005, 09:21 PM   #115  
Newfie Extraordinaire

oh WILDFIRE.. aren't we wonderful?
Old 05-14-2005, 10:20 PM   #116  

Being a betting woman, I'll say Wild Fire goes for the wine!
Welcome, Newfie.
Old 05-15-2005, 08:30 AM   #117  

Morning arrives to an empty palace - ah well, we had a busy day yesterday, didn't we?

QOD - Since I started on this journey about three years and 45-50 lbs ago, I've been more or less on and off the same plan - eat less of more healthy choices, exercise more, and drink lots of water and tea. Before that (or the other two of the five years) it was eat whatever, whenever, exercise, drink tea/Tab. The two biggest changes have been in percentage of better choices and drinking water. No name brand diet programs involved, more a utilizing of all the info garnered through the years and from different posts on 3FC. I do still need to lose lots of weight but I'm working on the theory that when things are tough I try only to NOT GAIN and consider that a victory and when things ease a bit, then I try to cut back more. I need the consistency that changing my choices has allowed. Not as many bad choices hanging around trying to seduce me and while I sometimes feel I have too much tea, it's substituting for earlier habits that were worse.

Another day, another clean slate. Hopefully a few steps further on the journey (as vs. backward).

Last edited by anagram; 05-15-2005 at 08:34 AM.
Old 05-15-2005, 10:03 AM   #118  
Empress/Queen

Even the Towel Boys be asleepin' methinks, Anagramatic!!! I am going back to bed as I got up to work but find I canna do 'er right now. I need to write three stories today unless I want Monday to be verra problematical, but I can't quite tackle 'em right now!!!

I am missin' K's tea!
Old 05-15-2005, 11:29 AM   #119  

Went back for a wee naplet myself. Helps sometimes. Lovely day outside. Feeling almost relaxed as have no major things to get done until tomorrow. Planning to see a Mummers Band this afternoon.
Old 05-15-2005, 11:32 AM   #120  
deleted2

Got back from the beach late Friday night and had a splendid time and already want to go back.

Sorry to say that my dad's still not recovered--I'm really worried about him.

Ate way too much at the beach, but it was all 'too much of the right stuff' as Amarantha says! Anyway my weight is up and I have to get serious again. I bought "Body for Life For Women" while away and am thinking of giving that way a try. I'll be reading and considering it today. I'm feeling a tiny bit bored and want something new to do.

Speaking of that I was considering Amarantha's query about the different plans we've tried. [Great question!!!] I started out being rabidly low-fat and followed Susan Powter's plan, stuck with that for a long time, and have had brief flirtations with The Zone and off and on with macrobiotics. I know there are A LOT more! Now I'm peacefully settled into the Radiant Recovery way of eating. Exercise: step aerobics, dumbells, weights, The Firm, yoga, Pilates, bellydancing, tai chi, walking, some running.

Didn't work out at all yesterday. Spent most of the day with my dad and getting settled back home and I was really tired. Have to get back into the groove today!

Closed Thread