Old 07-23-2005, 10:48 AM   #991  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Happy Saturday !!

Congrats to everyone who posted a loss over the past few days

Hotcup ~ glad that your squeak is doing well

Nothing new to report here.. same old, same old. I may be MIA over the next 2 weeks as my SIL and BIL are arriving today from New Zealand. I am sure between work and being a tour guide I am going to be busy busy; however, I will try to keep up to date with my partners

I think we are going to go to Luminara tonight. It is a lantern festival that is held in our large park in town. Starts with a parade and then when the sun goes down everyone walks through the park, enjoying the sights and sounds, with home made luminaras. I have never been, so we may take the out-laws to that tonight.. could be fun...and will give me some much need exercise.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend !!
Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 12:01 PM   #992  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

I went to my second yoga class this morning. My stamina is improving and I think I like it. Had some ricotta pancakes for breakfast. For you low carbers, those are great too. A little work, but worth it. I have lots of errands to run today. I'm planning to go visit my niece tomorrow--the one who used to live with me. She's in a residential program in Dover, Delaware. It will be a lot of driving. She has been bugging me to come visit for awhile. She wanted me to bring one of the dogs but I don't think that's a good idea.

Glad the kitty is alright.

Talk to you guys later.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 10:03 PM   #993  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

glad to hear squeak is doing well!! hope everyone is having a great saturday.. i had to work till 2... then went and bought myself a coleman 2 person blow up boat and went rowing!!
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 09:50 AM   #994  
Staying in 1derland!

Default virtual fun

here's a little something to play with... try building your model at your starting weight... then modify it to your current weight... and then build her at your goal weight...

http://www.myvirtualmodel.com

Last edited by curlylocks; 02-16-2006 at 07:13 PM.
Old 07-24-2005, 11:04 AM   #995  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Yowsers.. everyone must be having a busy weekend !!

Just wanted to drop in quickly to say

Family arrived safely yesterday, so spent the majority of the day/evening with them. We took in Luminara (the lantern festival), although we were there much too early so didn't enjoy the full effect of it (wasn't dark enough yet).

TTFN and have a wonderful Sunday.
Old 07-24-2005, 05:38 PM   #996  

I've had a pretty lousy day. I went to church this morning, and that was about the best part of my day. I came home, made myself a nice bowl of yogurt with blueberries, and nuts. As I was walking out to the back porch to eat it, I dropped it and broke the bowl and the contents splattered everywhere. The dogs had a nice snack and I had no breakfast.

I then drove 2.5 hours to see my niece in Dover, DE. She wanted to go to a pizza place for lunch (remember, I've had no breakfast). She gives me wrong directions and we get lost (my niece is mildly mentally ******ed). We end up at a diner that has virtually no low carb food on the menu except salads. I get a salad and she gets some pizza. Then she wants to go to a bookstore but she doesn't know how to get there. Someone from the program where she lives tries to give me directions but I am directionally challenged and we get lost again and I end up just taking her back. She throws a tantrum in my car and won't get out and I have to get a staff member to come get her out of my car. She's crying. I'm sure there will be consequences for her tonight for her behavior but that's why she's there. There has been some improvement, at least she was clean. Then I get to drive 2.5 hours home and get stuck in beach traffic for some of it.

I'm glad to be home. Think I'll go to the gym tonight and work off some frustration.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:26 AM   #997  
Staying in 1derland!

they are calling for it to be 105 here today. good grief!!! ive been running around the house covering the windows with towels and blankets.. cuz even with 3 window units its hard to keep this shack cooled down.. hurriance isabel took out all the trees a few yrs back no i have no shade at all...

yesterday we had no power from 11 am till @ 8 pm...... ugggh the cats made out ok with the heat but i had to take my dog and ride him around to cool him down. sure dont want a repeat of that..

have a great day PIC chicks!!!
Old 07-25-2005, 08:42 AM   #998  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Default A Bit Cranky

It's weigh in day (this afternoon) and of course, my weight is WAY up this morning. Must have been the Healthy Choice turkey sausage we had on the camp fire last night. I'm not a happy turtle. Been missing my PIC divas and I need to catch back up with everyone. I knuckled down at the beginning of the week and was doing SO GOOD. Now the day of weigh in, I realize it may have all been for nothing.
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 12:07 PM   #999  

Good Morning PIC's!! I hope everyone had a great weekend. We decided to put wainscoting up in the living room so I spent yesterday painting base boards and chair rails in the garage in 100 degree weather .

Hotcup - Good luck at your weigh in today .

Petra - So sorry you had such an awful day yesterday .

Curly - Yuck!!! No power in 100 degree weather sucks. Oh yeah, I got all of my points for my first award on the president's challenge yesterday.

Tea - Enjoy your time with the family.

Lisa - Great job on the weight loss.

TTYL
momX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 12:31 PM   #1000  

Howdy all,
THe craziness has started that they call Frontier Days. I had a good weekend. M and I went swimming both Saturday and Sunday. THis week is going to be a challenge getting all my exercise in. There is no way to get to the Y with Dave doing the rodeo everyday. We did find out he is actually going to be paid for it this year! Yippeeeee! Makes them 15 hour days a little bareable. But I will be a rodeo widow this week. LOL I am going to try to go with him next weekend but we will see.

Turtle: Don't stress about weight in. Do you feel better? Do you have more energy? Then it was worth it. Think of all the wrong choices you would of made if you weren't on program.

Curly: We are actually going to cool down for a few days. Tomorrow we will be lucky to hit 70..but last week it was hot hot hot. We watched the parade on Saturday and I got color. LOL

Petra: Sorry about your breakfast and your niece. It is tough raising someone else's child especially when they are teens and the damage has already been done. Hopefully she will get the help she needs.

TEB: glad you had fun at the Luminara. That would be so kewl to see.

Everyone else..check in with us...we miss you.
Lisa
Wyoming
Lisa_WY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 03:57 PM   #1001  

Good afternoon! I am feeling much better today, still a have a caugh but not as bad

Lisa-good job on the weightloss!!

Hotcupojava-Glad to hear squeak is doing better

petra65- I hope your week started off better than your weekend.

I think I'll give myself another day and then I'm back to my work out routine. I have lost 2 Lbs since the last weigh in it has been going down slowly but I guess as long as it goes down it's a good thing. Hope you are all keeping hydrated and sticking to your plans

MoonRay
MoonRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 04:01 PM   #1002  

PS Wooohoooo!! I completed my 3 month goal!!!

MoonRay
MoonRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 09:37 PM   #1003  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Hello PICs !! I see that we have hit over 1,000 posts ... WOW. Lisa, too bad there wasn't some big prize where bells ring and lights flash.... you would have won !

A rather warm day here today, although I can't complain as I know most of you are experiencing much warmer.

My weight loss efforts seem to be tanking. I actually gained this week and I am not surprised.. which is really a bad sign. I don't know that WW points are working for me and I think it is time to start looking at programs which are a bit more structured. We are heading out to Costco sometime this week, so perhaps i will pick up the south beach book if they have it in stock.

MoonRay ~ well done on your loss !!

Well that's it for me.. I am off to have some dinner. Enjoy the rest of your monday and talk to you soon.

TLB
Old 07-26-2005, 08:22 AM   #1004  

Howdy All,
Well I can say the sun isn't shinning and we have some wet stuff...which is a good thing. Today our high might not reach out of the 60's but we are getting a warming trend but not a hot trend to the rest of the week.

Since I am a rodeo widow this week I had to take M to gymnastics and even though it was sprinkling I still walked. Dry creek was flooding so I had to walk in between the water. It tried to jog but my shins were bothering me. It is so much easier on the high school track than on the greenway to jog.

Last night we went to bed at 7:30. Dave and I had been up since 2:30am. I put M to bed and she said, mommy it isn't dark outside. LOL I feel asleep right away and so did Dave. I think M watched a little tv and went fast asleep. Alot easier to get her up in the morning if she goes to bed early. There is no swimming tonight at the Y and I doubt if I will make it to open swim. I will see if I am tired tonight or not. I have some work to do for my part time job and that has to be a priority this week.

Moonray: congrats on the loss. I am drinking about 140oz of water a day. I think that is really helping me.

TEB: before trying SB go back and read all your WW materials. Sometimes when you get comfortable with a program you need to shake it up some and start over from the begining. We get comfortable in what we think the points are and sometimes we uncount points.

Momx3: nothing like home remodeling to get you moving. LOL Have fun doing that.

Turtle: are you hiding in your shell? How did wi go? Like I said earlier, don't let the scale get you down....think about how much better you feel.

Petra: how your Monday was better than your Sunday.

Well, I need to get M up and head for work. STill have to make lunches and shower and I have to be at work in an hour.

Have a great day!
Lisa
Wyoming
Lisa_WY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 08:29 AM   #1005  

My poor Buddy has been sick. Had to take him to the vet last night. He has a big hotspot on his neck. He gets these sometimes and I usually don't even take him to the vet, just take care of them myself but this one is really big and he is laying around like he doesn't feel good so I took him in. He's on some antibiotics. He's still not quite back to himself but should be soon I hope. That kept me from going to the gym but hopefully I'll get there tonight, although I am on call today. That means I have to take my pager to the gym which is a pain.

Moonray-congrats on reaching your 3 month goal.

I'm wearing an outfit today that I haven't worn in over a year. It would probably look a little better if I was about 5 lbs less but it looks okay.

Talk to you later.