Old 08-04-2005, 12:31 PM   #1081  
I deserve it!

Red face

Good Day Divas:

Sounds like everyone is in the same heatwave. It is so humid outside, it feels like my skin is melting off. I am still hanging in there and staying on my own program, exercising (waiting for my Dance Your Pants Off video in the mail)...not much of an appetite here either because of the heat and humidity. Right now its 87, feels like 92...ugh

I am amazed though, I completely lost my urge to eat chocolate. It almost makes me ill to look at it or smell it or see it I guess that is a good thing, but sooo not like me. Even with TOM didn't want it. Wanted my carrots. I am changing Thats good!!

I did the virtual model, pretty cool. I am losing inches but not pounds (I am trying to have my girlfriend hide the scale so I don't step on there every single day). I just can't get it onto this page...Can anyone please help me? Thank you.

Have a great day everyone!
Love L2L

Last edited by looking2lose; 08-04-2005 at 12:40 PM.
looking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 01:16 PM   #1082  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

im doing the presidents challenge but i didnt realize there was a team... way to go mom3x!!! I think ia am somewhere @ 10,000 points toward my bronze
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 07:54 PM   #1083  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Where did everyone go again? L2L-nice to see you again. Good job and giving up chocolate. My crazy lab keeps wanting to sit on my lap tonight for some reason. I don't know why he thinks he is a lap dog, LOL.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 09:52 PM   #1084  

Petra - I made the nut recipe. I have not tried it yet but dh and ds can't keep their hands off them. Thanks.

Curly - If you want them to mail the actual certificate you have to pay for it. I think thats kinda cheesy but I like posting my exercise there.
momX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 06:33 AM   #1085  
Staying in 1derland!

I cant wait till next week! i am off a half day wednesday and then dont go back to work till tuesday! i need some days off soooooo bad!
so i cant really afford to go any where but i am just gonna be lazy.. and do what i wanna do for a few days... lay in the sun, play in the creek...

p.s. L2L: when u are on the virtual model page save ur pics to your desktop and then load them to your message... click the manage attachments button and select the file to upload

Last edited by curlylocks; 08-05-2005 at 06:36 AM.
Old 08-05-2005, 08:06 AM   #1086  

I lost 2 lbs this week so I've finally made it to 25 lbs. WOOHOO!!!! It only took me a month longer than I anticipated but I suppose that doesn't really matter.

I have a short day today, I'll be done at 1:00. We have a big music festival in town for the next week so I may spend some time down there this weekend. I have some yard work that needs to be done, dogs that need baths, laundry, etc. I also want to get some exercise in.

I've been having some conversations on the Protein power board about body fat, lean body mass and ideal body weights since I had my body fat analysis done the other day. You guys will find this interesting. Those BMI charts are of limited usefulness. I have 40.8 % body fat, which means I have a lean body mass of 128 lbs. (that is what I would weigh if I had 0% body fat) Those BMI charts say that my "ideal body weight" should be between 110-140 which would give me a BMI of 20-25. If I weighed 140 lbs, I would have 10% body fat. Does anyone think that would be healthy?? I would stop having a period!! The ideal body composition is 19-24% body fat for females which means my ideal body weight will be somewhere between 150-160 lbs provided my lean body mass stays constant. At that weight, my BMI will be 26-27.5. Interestingly, I have always known that below 150, I started to look "sickly". Now I know why.

Last edited by petra65; 08-05-2005 at 03:40 PM.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:36 AM   #1087  
Not giving up!!

S/C/G: 323/200/175

Height: 5'8

Hello everyone!! Sorry I have not been around been busy in life between exercise and kids and all the county fairs I have been going non stop!! Tonight we are going to a rodeo!! My son is doing the kids calf roping. So it will be to cute!!

Well I have lost another 3 pds so 55 pds so far!! WOW what a differencr 55 pds makes you feel. I have also lost 2 dress sizes so things are good here!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
~~Sunshine~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 10:59 AM   #1088  
Project Down-Sizing !!

GMorning PIC Divas and TGIF !!

Another sunny day on the island.. and I think I am ready for the fall. At the weight I am I certainly enjoy the cooler weather.

Petra and Sunshine ~ congrats on your losses. Well done !!

The relatives fly out tomorrow, so hopefully things will get back to somewhat of a normal state. My eating has been terrible and although the scale isn't necessarily showing it I can feel it.. BLAH !!

Hope you all have a great weekend and keep on keeping on
Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 06:14 PM   #1089  

TGIF everyone. Hope you are having a good day. We are still in the midst of a heatwave. I did make it to the gym. Did 25 minutes on the treadmill and did some lifting. I can tell I'm building some stamina. Also had 2 good protein shakes today. Trying to keep those calories up. TTYL.
Old 08-06-2005, 07:28 AM   #1090  

Why don't the dogs know it's Saturday and I don't have to get up early?
Old 08-06-2005, 12:36 PM   #1091  

Morning everyone. I went to curves this morning and weighed myself and I am down 3 more pounds!!

Petra - I know what you mean except with me it's the baby. I have talks with her at night to try to talk her into a 7am wake up call but it never quite works out that way. GREAT JOB on the 25 lbs!! I bet you can really tell a difference.

Tea - We will be glad to have you around more. Things have been kinda slow around here.

Sunshine - Congrats on your 3 lb loss .

Curly - I took Tues. through Friday off and just stayed at home and did nothing. It's nice.

I hope everyone else is doing well. TTYL
momX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 01:23 PM   #1092  

Did power yoga class this morning and came home and made myself a yummy breakfast of ricotta pancakes and bacon. Then took a nap. I have some yard work to do and errands to run. Should be a quiet day here today and it seems to not be quite so hot. We've had quite an interesting discussion on the other bulletin board about body types. The reason I have so much lean body mass is apparently because I am what is known as a "mesomorph". These are bodybuilding terms but there is a website where you take a little quiz to find out which body type or combo you are if you are interested-just google the word mesomorph. We can't put websites in posts as you recall. Female mesomorphs are somewhat unusual and now that I know what this is all about, I was paying attention at the gym yesterday. I was there at the after work rush-so there were probably about 100 people in the gym and I only saw one other woman with a similar body type to mine, however, there was another one in my yoga class this morning too. Most people are combinations of the body types.
Old 08-06-2005, 03:35 PM   #1093  
Project Down-Sizing !!

GDay Partners !!

Just got home from running some errands with hubby. It is pretty warm out today, so have the blinds shut and patio door wide open trying to cool the house down.

We are heading out to the airport in about an hour to see the out-laws off. It has been nice having them here, but it will be nice to get back to normal.

Mom - congrats on the 3 lbs. Sounds like South Beach is really working for you.

Petra - good job on getting to the yoga class... and yes I know what you mean about early rising dogs. My Kobe moves in for the cuddle as soon as he thinks I am awake...although this morning he was nice to me and that wasn't until 8:30.

To all the other partners..hope your weekend started well.

Have a great day everyone and TTYS
Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 03:53 PM   #1094  
Staying in 1derland!

Wow Everyone is losing so well..... (im stuck)
And I went back on my allese (birth control) Since my missing periods showed back up after losing weight & were due to my weight..
and not menopause! Actually I was one of the odd balls who actually lost weight when taking them..

Momx: u are really rolling arent ya lady! im tellin ya that south beach will melt it off!
Cross ur fingers... we are rescheduled for wednesday night!! gonna get that lil black dress out! Got me some high heeled "3 inches" mary janes at target..
I wanted these sexy skinny heeled jobs but .. i can just see me teatering on those skinny heels and SPLAT! err i'm not very coordinated.

Am I brain washed or what? went for chinese... got the beef & brocoli ate the brocoli threw the rest out.. tried one bite of rice..
and it was so disgusting...

Petra: congrats on ur loss... at target they also had fish oil capsules for a 1$ each so i swallowed a few of those today..
since the only fish i will touch is cod & tuna.. gave chai one also its supposed to be good for the itching.
hmm im not sure if i am a meso or an endo

Miss turtle: we miss u

L2L, Sunshine, Keep up the good work!!!

Tea: try to stay cool its hot here also!
Old 08-06-2005, 06:56 PM   #1095  

My boys got baths tonight. My Kobe is relaxing at my feet at the moment. They are such creatures of habit. I normally get up at 6:00 for work so they were on the bed pawing at me at 6:05 this morning. Who needs an alarm clock?

I got a yoga mat today. I got one of the bigger ones in case I decide to do pilates at some point in the future. It should be good for that too.

Hope everyone is keeping cool. Curly-you are ambitious there, with a goal to lose 10 lbs in a month!