Old 07-15-2005, 01:37 PM   #916  

Morning to all my friends. Okay I was going to wait until my next weigh in on Wednesday but since I am feeling so down because I can't exercise.... I have lost another 11 pounds since June 20th. Yeah!!!!

Jennie - The shot does'nt hurt most people I just happen to be one of the "not so lucky ones". I am hoping when the pain goes away that I will feel alot better .

Lisa - Great job on the weigh-in. I hope you have a great time on Vacation.

Petra - Another pound gone FOREVER!!!! I went shopping this morning (foot still hurts bad enough that I can't exercise but I was determined to get the shopping done). I started the diet today!!!! I wanted to start today because that gives me 3 days to get used to it. Yes you gave an excellent description of the diet. You get an A.

Curly - I agree that the excercise makes you sleep better. Now if I could just get to sleep a little later I would be all set.

Hotcup - You poor thing. I swear TOM is the worst. I feel like we never get a break.

Tea - I hope you have a great Friday!!!!

TTYL
momX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 04:01 PM   #917  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Congrats Lisa and Mom on your losses. Mom, I'm excited for you starting your new program. I hope you are happy with. Drink your tomato juice.

Turtle-I know about animals keeping you up at night but I don't have an excuse like that. Mine are either sick or just plain annoying! They are both already fixed. Kobe sometimes has to sleep in his crate because he gets so annoying at night, just stands by my bed and whines for no good reason.

Well ladies, I rejoined the gym today. I'm hoping you guys will help keep me accountable for making it worth my while. I'm on call this weekend so I'm not sure how much I'll get there this weekend. I'm thinking about a yoga or tai chi class. Any opinions? I get a free visit with a personal trainer but she's on vacation. I know her from when I was there before. I think I also want to get the body fat analysis done. So far I'm having a pretty quiet day.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 06:12 PM   #918  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Lightbulb Hi Gals

Just checking in from work. It was black and stormy here earlier, but I don't have a window I can easily see out of, so I don't know what it's doing out there. I hope you're all staying dry and cool. I've actually got some paperwork to do at work (rare, its normally quite slow on the week ends here). But I wanted to peek in and say hello to all, wish you all a happy and ejoyable week end and make a face at you. Hmmm which face shall I make?
I like this one, sort of looks like an evil turtle, eh?

I had joined a 21 day challenge and was gleefully chugging along on day six when I just caught a mistake in my food journal (a time with no food associated with it) clear back on Tuesday, that knocks me back to day 1. Almost made it a week.
Ahhh that's okay. Could be worse, I suppose. At least I'm feeling a bit better than I did this morning. Had a bad night, a cranky morning and a whining hissing hissy fit in my journal. Maybe that's what made me feel better. Well, that.... and getting the dishes done and most of the laundry caught up.

Going to do cardio after my shift tonight. Police radio for safety if I go to the outdoor track.
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 07:42 PM   #919  

Well ladies, don't faint or anything but I went to the gym tonight and actually worked out. They still had my card in the box with my settings for all the machines so I did the leg machines and the ab machines and the dreadmill for 15 minutes. How about that for not being there for over a year? And best of all, my pager cooperated.
Old 07-16-2005, 01:03 AM   #920  
Not giving up!!

S/C/G: 323/200/175

Height: 5'8

Ladies~ I Need Prayers Fast!! My 1 Year Old Neice Has Fallen Into A Swimming Pool And Has Been Life Flighted To Children Mercy! We Need All Thoughts And Prayers!!

Thanks!
~~Sunshine~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 07:58 AM   #921  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

Sunshine I will keep u and your family in my prayers...
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 11:37 AM   #922  
Project Down-Sizing !!

GDay Partners ! Just sitting down to enjoy a nice morning and thought I better check in.

Had a sneak peek at the scale this morning and it seems to be moving in the right direction. Now as long as it holds until WI on monday I will be

Sunshine ~ our thoughts are with you, I hope your niece is okay.

Petra ~ way to go !! I am thinking about joining the gym through work. It just happens to be in between where I park my car and my office, so it would be convenient to pop in there after work each night. Definately going to look into it to see what they offer.

Hotcup ~ how did your cardio go after work ? I hope you didn't have anyone joining you on the track this time !

Mom ~ a big congratulations to you !!! So what program did you decide on in the end after all your research ??

Lisa ~ I know you have already left, but congrats on the loss and have a great holiday.

Jennie ~ good luck with your WI, I hope you have great results like last week.

Curly ~ glad to see that you are beating the heat by walking later in the evening.

To all the partners who are MIA - hope you are doing well... come back !!
Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 11:43 AM   #923  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Arrow It's my Friday

Sunshine. My thoughts are with you. I hope everything will be all right. We're all here for you.

I'm just cleaning house until it's time to go to work. Setting my Flylady timer and taking breaks on line with my computer friend in Florida. I hope you all enjoy what's left of your week end and I shall address all of you I can find, from work.

Hang in there everyone.
Old 07-16-2005, 01:43 PM   #924  

Sunshine - I am so sorry about your niece. I'll be thinking and praying for you all day.

Tea - I decided to do South Beach and so far I've realized I am not eating to differently. Just cutting out my sugary snacks and eggs for breakfast instead of cereal or fruit.

Petra - Great job on joining the Gym . I had a dessert last night from off this board called Peanut Butter Cups that was so good and so easy to make. I don't know if it would be allowable on your diet but if it was and you ever had a sweet tooth this is great. I also made the egg muffins from the site this way I can take them to work with me and heat them up bacause I don't like to eat when I first wake up. Thanks for all of your help!!! I think this sould be easy for me.

Hotcup - Ahhh the radio!!! What an excellent idea.

TTYL
Old 07-16-2005, 05:32 PM   #925  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

well hellooooo there!!
Yes, its been awhile but better late than never!! lol
Dh has been off on holidays all week so we've been doing lots of things with the boys. One of my boys heads back to school on the 20th (gr.2) while the other one is Aug 14th. This stuff about all year round school is really crazy to get used to. He has 9 weeks on, and then 3 weeks off. Older son will be heading back to school when its almost time for younger son to be off again!!! We've been doing lots and lots of painting. Almost done the ENTIRE HOUSE!!!.....just 2 bathrooms left. This week we did both the boys rooms and the downstairs tv room. Imagine.....my 7yo wanted flames so we put together 20 poster boards and made a stencil for 6ft flames the entire length of his room. It turned out awesome!!! My 11 yo's room was painted with a glow in the dark paint outlining these mysterious eyes and nails ripping through the wall. Very cool. Apparently his friends want me to come and do their rooms too!! haha....not a chance!!!
I haven't been doing any diet/food plan yet but I've been cutting down on my snacking and sugars, so thats a good thing. Its been hard though as TOM is coming in a few days and dh decided to stop smoking (YEAH!!!) but is snacking something fierce. He could stand to gain a few pounds though.

Sunshine........OMG!! What a terrible thing to have happen to your niece!! She will be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope they reached her in time to start lifesaving procedures. {{hugs}}

Petra...........way to go on joining the gym!!! I plan to get my butt back to the gym once school starts on Wed. Gotta get moving somehow!

Hotcup........wanna come and fly lady my house too? just a thought!! lol

Congratulations to all the losers this week!! WEIGH TO GO!!!
angel-eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 06:37 PM   #926  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Red face At work

I snuck a dumbell into my office (no, not my BF) a hand weight. But it's too heavy to do too many reps. I may take it apart, I've got nothing but time here. I put the radio on and I pace "Caged Turtle Circles" at times and a little bit ago, I stood at my station and did 100 knee lifts (50 on each leg). Owww that was a lot for these short, fat turtle legs.

Angel Eyes: Great to see you again. Can ya do glow in the dark Turtles? You should consider branching out.

Petra: Awesome on getting to the gym. I wish they had a gym that was open that many hours here. The gym on campus is breath taking, but there's no way I could haul myself to a college gym.

TeaElleBee: I hope that scale keeps on moving in the right direction. Mine isn't. But I've been lax in my food choices. Exercise and water are kicking butt, but the food just isn't smart choice.

Mom: ELEVEN POUNDS? Dudette for real. That rawks! Great job. You can't be down about that. Cheer up!

Lisa, Jennie, Curlylocks a big howdy do to you. Enjoy your week end.

Sunshine: I hope everything is okay. Wishing you peace.
Old 07-16-2005, 08:16 PM   #927  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi ladies,
I hope eveyone is having a good weekend. I've been running around as usual. I got up early and did pilates at the gym then my usual cardio. I've been doing the pilates tape but wanted to go to a real class and see what I was doing wrong and it sure was a lot. well actually, most of the class was spent helping every one with their form so it wasn't just me. I'm glad I went.
After work I went to a graduation party for my friend who I grew up with. He just graduated from college so his mom threw a huge party and I actually resisted all food. I didn't even make a plate. I did have a tiny sliver of cake on my way out but I was very happy that I didn't even eat a little bit. I had some major motivation though, WI is tomorrow and my TOM is coming so I am trying really hard not to have much water weight gain.
Hi to everyone and Sunshine, I will keep your family in my thoughts.
Jennie
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 08:37 PM   #928  

Sunshine-please let us know how things turn out. Hope your niece is okay. We'll be preaying for her.

This place has been hopping for a Saturday. I was on call today. Not overly busy but busy enough. Six consults I think. The good part was, I actually ate lunch for a change.

I took a power yoga class this morning. It was quite a work out but I think I liked it enough to do it again. I could do almost all the positions, I just had a stamina issue, keeping up with the pace of the class. My legs are a little sore tonight but I think that is from the lifting I did last night.

Mom-you'll have to point me in the direction of the peanutbutter cup recipe. I love peanutbutter. I got the Dana Carpender smoothie cookbook today in the mail and some of those recipes look amazing. I tried a coffee one tonight and it was really good. Better than that @#$%^& frappaccino that caused me so much trouble in Atlanta. Some of them are kind of high in carbs which wouldn't be a problem for you. If you like smoothies, you might want to consider it.

Angel-good to hear from you. Don't be such a stranger.

TLB-good luck on your WI

Curly-you have been awfully quiet lately. What's up?

Java-why couldn't you go to a college gym? When I was a resident at UVA I went to the same gym as all the college kids and didn't think twice about it.
Old 07-16-2005, 09:08 PM   #929  

Petra - All you do for the "recipe" is... 1 sugar free (no sugar added) fudge pop melt it in the microwave for 10 seconds so you can get off the stick. Put in bowl with 2 Tbls of natural peanut butter and 2 Tbls of fat free cool whip. Mix and enjoy. Soooooo Goood.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:10 PM   #930  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

Hey Petra ive been here... last night after working out and walking i crashed & burned .... on the sofa out like a light... ive been working out everyday and walking 2.5 miles everyday.. it must have finally caught up with me
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote