1 cup wheat germ
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup chopped mushrooms
1 large chopped onion
1 cup grated carrot
4 beaten eggs
2 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tbsp. prepared mustard

Combine all ingredients. Then form into a free-form loaf on a well-oiled baking sheet. Or you can put it into a 9x13" pan.
Bake at 350 for 60 minutes.

That's all! It's from a 25 year old cookbook--real hippie fare, and genuinely good! And no soy for a change! I had to share this recipe, it's too good to keep it all to myself.

Amarantha, you can sub. more mushrooms for the carrots!

Old 04-15-2005, 07:00 AM   #32  

Hello all!

Thanks Eydie!! Yes, lots of mushrooms would be great! Old hippie is exactly what I feel more and more like every day....

In fact, have been thinking lots about how so much of what I've "learned" about what trigger foods do to me I really knew as far back as highschool when I tried the very first Atkins diet ( anyone remember that one? One week all protein, the next week little or no protein).... well, guess which week I was starving.....

hmmmmmmmmmmm

Empress-- I wonder if you have looked around any into the "blogging" that I hear so much about..... think you could use lots of your wonderful creative talent to share, motivate and entertain at the same time....

hmmmm

ok all

Its Friday.

Thought of the day :

"Nothing can bring you peace but yourself."
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

Question of the day :

"What's the farthest distance you've ever walked?"

Kettle is on!
Old 04-15-2005, 11:32 AM   #33  
Empress/Queen

Talking

Hi, all!!! In the interest o' me agin' eyes, I'm gonna stop posting the skyblue messages without boldin' em, lovely and peaceful as the light colors are!

Thanks for postin' the meatless loaf, E!!! I'm gonna try to eat more vege (per my postie on the sugarless thread). I'm barely eatin' meat at all these days, except chicken. In the sugarless state, beef doesn't appeal to me ... veeerryyyy peaceful. But I need to stop shunnin' the Vege Elves who keep appearin' in my meditations!

Yea, I think Ceara is the Sword Bearer always, but mayhap she has a different title that she'd like ... maybe we all need a change of title?

I know I do, but don't know what it is right now.

K, I like your meditation message. Re blogs, I've had 'em but write so much for a living that I don't find much joy in it these days!!!

Actually, I have a pretty sorry attitude lately, but intend during the Mind/Body Challenge to work on getting rid o' that!
[/b]

Here's my Mind/Body Challenge Exercise Report (tra-la): I did go to gym and even though I didn't feel like it, did upper bod weights and DID intersperse it with yoga moves (mostly planks, love those) and did meditate on the MESSAGE ... as I was lifting (and to keep people from talking to me ) I repeated with each set: WHAT IS THE MESSAGE?

Funny, I kind of got an answer: the radio in the weight room was blasting out rock music (sigh) and then all of a sudden, it switched to: "... there will be an answer, let it be ... let it be, let it be ... singing words of wisdom ... let it be ..." then an old man started singing that "let it be" and a young woman took it up and was singing "let it be" then laughing, then "let it be" ... someone turned off the speakers for awhile, then the music went back to rock.

Very odd, so I will repeat that meditation today. I need to go do lower bod, shower at gym and then go to work for awhile. I will repeat the yoga/pilates moves between lower bod sets. Keeping the workout short, though!

Re titles, again: SHOULD WE ALL COME UP WITH A SPIRIT NAME FOR THIS CHALLENGE (or a MIND/BODY NAME)?

Does anyone have any ideas for this?
Old 04-15-2005, 04:52 PM   #34  
deleted2

Default Thursday food journal

coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
veg quiche**2 veg. sausages

1 w bread w/ peanut butter, all-fruit strawberry jam
apple

split pea soup
1 all-rye bread w/ smoked gouda
1/2 fruit-sweet. peanut butter cookie

ww tortilla w/ beans, brown rice, cheese, salsa
frozen cherries

calories: 1830
protein: 71 grams
exercise: 55 min. "Firm" video
30 min. Pilates machine
15 min. dumbells
water: 11 glasses
Meditation: Yes!

Old 04-15-2005, 06:17 PM   #35  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Fly-by report: did tai chi and meditated.

Amarantha -- it really sounds like you've gotten your answer! I would definitely pay attention. Story to relate tomorrow. This is very odd -- computer doesn't seem to want me to relate this. Words were disappearing. Interesting.

Hate to be mysterious and run, but it's dinner time, and Friday night. Onward!
Old 04-15-2005, 08:33 PM   #36  
wsw

hi all!

that's neat, amarantha. sure does sound like you got your answer.
i did my meditation and tai chi today. also seem to be eating less and less meat laely, though haven't been intentionally vegetarian (yet, anyway.) also, pleasantly surprised to find that i am still cafeine-free.
well, hope everyone has a pleasant and relaxing weekend. take care.
Old 04-15-2005, 10:23 PM   #37  
Empress/Queen

Huzzah, Wsw is in the Mind/Body Challenge House!!! Good going on the meditation and tai chi, W; I've gotten to definitely like tai chi this year (better than I did when I started). Congrats on being caffeine-free as well! That's great!

Hmmm, Wood Nymph, words disappearing because the computer sprite doesn't want ya to post 'em?

This thread is definitely taking a somewhat magickal turn, dinna ye think?

Gonna post my menu here today to keep E company ... will do a double post on the journal as well, for now. I journal every day without exception and eat according to Sugar Busters without exception (except for the fruit rule and a few modifications) ... it's really helped me!

Friday, Day 90:

Breakfast: Skim milk, one slice full fat cheese
Snack: One sl full fat cheese, "legal" sugar free, low glycemic cherry "cobbler," steamed broccoli
Lunch: Chicken w/artichokes and almond meal "crumb" topping, brown rice with mushrooms
Snack: Unsweetened applesauce, two servings skim milk
Dinner: Skim milk, four sl full fat cheese (I'm stoppin' now)
Snack: Nada

Cals: 1925 (Sugar Busters doesn't count cals, but that's a modification of mine also ... I like to count 'em but am working towards a goal of NOT doing so).

MIND/BODY CHALLENGE REPORT: Gym: Lower body weights and core interspersed with (again) planks, bridges, etc., which really help me to feel better ... no meditation was goin' on in my head, though! Just zoned out and enjoyed my planks.

I THINK MY NAME FOR THIS CHALLENGE SHOULD BE STRIDER, as I am making great strides.
Old 04-16-2005, 07:44 AM   #38  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Cool

Mornin' all! Have decided that my "meditation" will be reading that uplifts me....at least 10 minutes/day. I am currently reading "the lost books of the Bible", an old book. I am going to try and walk also, but time is running away from me again. I am off to Baltimore mid week, for a few days, and then have surgery scheduled for May 26. The big H. I'll be off work a minimum of 6 weeks....hopefully we're not on the picket line.

Enjoy reading all the posts...I'm a thinkin' on that meatloaf recipe Eydie! It sounds good. to all....gotta run. Have to work again today.

Ceara
Old 04-16-2005, 01:25 PM   #39  
Empress/Queen

Huzzah, Ceara!!! Sorry to hear you are having surgery (or glad, depending on how you're feelin' about it). Good idea about meditating with uplifting reading!

My Mind/Body Challenge Report today (Day 91 of Sugar Busters WOE) is that I took my Saturday mini hike with walking pal. This kind of fits in to the challenge as we always do a lot of soul searchin' conversations as we walk (and then we sit, unfortunately, and soul search a bit too long), but it gives us a chance to clear out some garbage from the mind each week whilst we hoof it. So that's my challenge finished but will do yoga if I ever get done working.

E, I am going to try the loaf as well, with your suggestion to replace the carrots (permitted in small amounts only on Sugar Busters, but I don't eat 'em at all now) with more mushrooms, or maybe asparagus?

The Broc Elf came poundin' at the door at my midmorning snack time and demanded to be let in, so I decided to make an event of it and asked the Peach Sprite to drop by as well and made a smoothie/shake thing with unsweetened soymilk, frozen unsweetened peach slices and frozen chopped broc. Sigh. It wasn't bad, but I could still taste the broc ... determined to get at least one more vege in today.
[/b]
Old 04-16-2005, 01:29 PM   #40  
Empress/Queen

[b]Hmmm. Meditation? Question? ...

If you were a vegetable, which would you be?

I would be a Brussels sprout because they are so cosmopolitan.

Or mayhap a white asparagus spear because I would get to grow up away from the prying eyes of the madding crowd (white asparagus is grown underground, but ya knew that).

Or maybe corn because Amarantha at least would never eat me (verboten on SB), though she loves me and I am so sweet.

Ok, I think I need to work!
Old 04-17-2005, 06:24 AM   #41  
Empress/Queen

Three in a row, guys, but this is a test! Had massive computer crash and my work computer will have to go to the shop sometime as it's dead. Trying to resurrect ancient laptop for the nonce ... very slow. Want to see if I can post here as ya'all mean a lot to me! Operating system is so old I'm seeing weird graphic thingies on here, but seems to work ... slowly.
Old 04-17-2005, 05:35 PM   #42  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Wink

Vegetable...prolly celery, it is versatile. Sorry about thy hard drive woes A! That is never fun.

Have been successful with the reading, but pooey on the walking. I have 2 dogs to groom and not a lot of time...spent the pm doing one already. We are going to a friends' for dinner, then I will at least brush the other one. I like to groom, and I go into a trance-like state....it is a form of artistic creation for me. Making topiaries out of bushes.

And the scale is behaving nicely...I like to see those numbers go down. I didn't weigh-in last week and won't this week as I'll be on the road that day, so I'm hoping for continuing success whilst gone and a super one the following week!

Have been caffeine free and alcohol free for 3 weeks now. Finally liking green tea Have a cuppa peppermint upstairs brewing...so

Have a great Monday...which is tomorrow, I know.

Ceara
Old 04-17-2005, 06:52 PM   #43  
Empress/Queen

Dinna say "Monday," please Sword Bearer!! Have been up half the night with the computer woes ... lost story notes and a finished story, ended up buying a new computer and setting it up this afternoon, as I need it for work, which has now doubled or tripled since I lost today's. But that's ok, 'cause I lost .2 of a pound and for me that's just fine!

Congrats on having thy scale behaving as well, Ceara! Enjoy the rest of thy Sunday!

My mind-body exercise today was just buying the computer, lugging it home and setting it up whilst trying to think about all the work I lost.

That about covers it! Later, peaceniks!
Old 04-18-2005, 06:56 AM   #44  

Hello all!

The weekend went by so quickly....

Weather here was so great...perfect to do things outside even if it was just sitting although I really can't say I did much of that....of course, there just wasnt enough time ..... my brand new pedometer shows aprx 4200 steps yesterday which was a big disappointment for me as I thought I'd make 10K but since DH and I were nonstop Sat, I guess it only makes sense that I needed a nap yesterday....and honestly, I'm not fit enough to be doing that much activity and taking it all in stride.... I guess that's the whole point of the pedometer, to make you aware of how much you really are moving rather than what you think you are doing....

so..

Are you ready?? ( in a very loud whisper !)
HERE WE GO MONDAY, HERE WE GO~

KETTLE IS ON!

Here's our thought..............

Thought of the day :

" One never knows what each day is going to bring. The important thing is to be ready for it."
---Henry Moore

Question of the day :

"What is the best weather temperature?"

Old 04-19-2005, 01:48 AM   #45  
Empress/Queen

Yo, Peaceniks/Queens! I am listening to Renaissance (sorry, that's spelled wrong, but I don't care) music and in the proper royal/meditative mood to post now, after a heckish type day in the Royal Salt Mine!

Skipped gym today but did weights and yoga in two small sessions, one at home and one at work. I don't really meditate these days, but have been thinking deeply lately about many grave topics, including, yes, THE WEATHER, so K, thy qod be timely. Where I live, BTW, weather can oft occupy the mind for days at a time (rhyme). Summer, ya see, be a'driftin' in and that's no small thing in Arizona.

Well, I am ramblin' so shall focus and answer the qod: I guess I consider the best temp to be 100 degrees, the start o' triple digits, when it's warm but not too warm.

I'm on Day 93. Here's my menu today:

B: Super Shake (unsweetened soymilk, brocolli, frozen unsweetened peach slices, frozen unsweetened blackberries), B-complex, iron and omegas supplement
S: Skim milk
L: Chicken with artichokes and almond meal topping, brown rice with mushrooms
S: Two servings skim milk, unsweetened Granny Smith applesauce
D: Two ounces full fat cheddar cheese, sl sprouted toast, 3 eggs (Old Dog helped me eat the eggs)
S: Skim milk, 2 frozen unsweetened cherries

Cals 1610 (approximately)
Exercise: Some weights, yoga, didn't go to gym ... MIND/BODY CHALLENGE MET!

K, it's amazing how a ped does enlighten one. When I've worn one, I was also discouraged to find how long one has to move about to get even 100 steps. Somehow I prefer not to know!

To all, mentioned and unmentioned ... let's keep going on this challenge and make this a VERRA active thread. I promise I won't do three in a row again ... well, mayhap!
Closed Thread