Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 09:04 PM   #106  
wsw

hi anagram-so good to see your posts! i'm sorry you have had such a long, rough time with your ra. i sure hope the prednisone helps a lot, and without too many side effects. i sympathize about the weight gain side effect, believe me. no fun.

wildfire-thank you for telling us about your irishman. i'm glad that he called you on that very difficult day, and of course, that you made the decision that you did. i am glad you have such a wonderful, close friend. the pix of jace and dh are great.

amarantha-congrats on your 100+ days on sb! terrific!

eydie-that's so neat about your bellydancing in public. pretty neat story! it made me smile.

hi ceara, kaylets, arabella, punkin! aria, danicomia- welcome!

i am having to really push to stay op, but am hanging in there. some times are just harder than others to keep it all together. am continuing with my regular exercise of tai chi, back exercises, etc. physically, things are getting more challenging ms-wise, and am having to take more time just for daily living activities, and that stress, plus the financial, are reminding me just how important stress reduction is for me. i am keeping up with my meditation, deep breathing, etc., while having to figure out more creative ways to maneuver in my condo, etc. i am glad to have these relaxation techniques to help me. sometimes i don't always want to do them, but i realize that no matter what attitude i go in with, they always help me to feel better in the end. it is definitely spring here, and very pretty, and still moderate temps, which i am thoroughly enjoying! well, i wanted to check in and let you know i am thinking of you all, mentioned and unmentioned. take good care.

Last edited by wsw; 04-27-2005 at 09:07 PM.
Old 04-28-2005, 06:54 AM   #107  

Hello all!

DH worked till nearly 10:30 last night which made this morning crazed.

I had prepped lunches, change of clothes so he can go directly to bowling this evening if need be but didnt do the same for myself and am regretting it now.
Luckily, I washed the pants I wore yesterday so that's what I'll be wearing.....
I myself, might have a supper date so I am kicking myself as I wanted to look my best since some folks havent seen me in about 3-4 yrs......

Ah well.....

Thought of the day :

"There are two ways of spreading light:
be the candle or the mirror that reflects it."
---Edith Wharton

Question of the day :

"What did you dream about last night?"

Kettle is on!
Old 04-28-2005, 08:50 AM   #108  

Height: 5'1"

Smile

Hi all and thanks for the welcome!
Special hello to Eydie too!
DH is going to hear Bob Dylan tonight (yep, still alive, lol).
So it is "me time night" for me (well, I guess I do have to take care of my 12 year old...)
Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-28-2005, 08:52 AM   #109  

Welcome, to the new Royals! Yes, Eydie, I did know (and have eaten) violets, I believe usually dipped in sugar or something. Also marigolds and some others. However, dh had fertilized and weed killed over these so I think they're off limits.

So glad to hear from you, wsw. It's so great you're able to keep on with meditations, etc. despite all. Isn't the spring great?

nicer day out than had been predicted as was yesterday - a truly glorious one. Having lunch w/friend of 43 years who "knows" me so should be a good psychical cleansing (for both of us really because I "know" her too). And really not much else planned - how fortunate!

Solstice sprint works for me as well. In the meantime, let's do a group hug/buckup and get this nasty alignment squared away. Mayday is almost here and we must greet it merrily.

Good one, s.

Last edited by anagram; 04-28-2005 at 08:55 AM.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:55 AM   #110  
Empress/Queen

Exclamation Challenge, Challenge, Challenge!!!

YUP, GROUP HUG/BUCKUP AND SQUARING AWAY THIS NEGATIVE ALIGNMENT WORKS FOR ME, ANAGRAMATIC!!!!

SO, SO, SO: I'd like to suggest that asap everyone pick (and post so's we can share) a positive challenge for themselves in the next four days ('cause that's how much time we have to, ugh, MONDAY, which is the second o' May (correct me if I'm wrong 'cause my brain doesn't work all that well these days ... sorry, that "ugh" wasn't too positive sounding), do it and report on it ... CERTIFICATES OF ACHIEVEMENT WILL BE AWARDED BY THE GOOD FAIERIE O' MAYDAY POSITIVITY!!!

I'd already decided that this was a realignment/readjustment/cleansing day for me, so Anagramatic, you clinched it for me ... HEAD TO A MERRIE MOOD FOR MAYDAY DAY! Thanks!

My Thursday POSTIVITY challenge (besides housecleaning ... ugh ... er, hooray) is to get back to my meal patterning journal, which I've been neglecting but which grounds me so I need to do it and to DRINK EIGHT GLASSES OF WATER ... I've been withholding water from myself for some reason and I need to be kinder to me than that!

I will report my menu and water success tonight! I will ask the FAERIE if she'll be able to drop by and award POSITIVITY CHALLENGE CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION TO ANYONE WHO WANTS ONE!

P.S., my feelings will not be hurt if no one joins this mini-challenge, but the FAERIE might be p*ssed.

Last edited by Amarantha2; 04-28-2005 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Type too big!
Old 04-28-2005, 08:01 PM   #111  
deleted2

Yes, Anagram, a big group hug is in order. I'm feeling better already because of the wise counsel of Queens Anagram and Amarantha. YES YES YES, I want to end this sprint positively and shake off the grey-ish cloud that's been lingering over me for no apparent reason.

My food plan is off---Still sugar free [day 222!] but I'm just eating way too much. And Water intake is way low. I'm back to posting my food journal tomorrow. Maybe it's because I've had a busy work week. I've had to prepare lunch for 20 every day this week and it's hard being surrounded by food for about 6 hours a day. Thankfully, exercise is still on track; I'm not willing to compromise on that.

So Amarantha, my plan for the next 3 days is to get my food plan firmly back in place.

Old 04-28-2005, 08:36 PM   #112  

My resolve is to sprint into May with a POSITIVE ATTITUDE. Am feeling very relaxed this evening and want to maintain that. My food isn't really bad but not as good as should be so I'll work on that but mostly just want to stay on an even keel and enjoy GOOD THINGS and let my body/spirit heal. I've always considered MAYDAY our unofficial Royal Holiday and am looking forward to it with relish. Did we not one year set an "official Maypole Dancing Hour" at which time we sort of "got together" virtually, or psychicly set out minds to the same thoughts? Or 'twas that another Official Occasion?

Last edited by anagram; 04-28-2005 at 08:47 PM.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:09 PM   #113  

Height: 5'1"

My plan for the next 3 days is to get organized with tons of paperwork to sort through, so I am not tempted to eat out of stress. Also I should get out for at least a 30 minutes walk a day, unless it is pouring.
Old 04-29-2005, 04:52 AM   #114  
Empress/Queen

Yo, s!!! I am lovin' the plans posted so far to dance into Mayday with a POSITIVE attitude and renewed sense o' well-being!!!

YEA, ANAGRAMATIC, I DO THINK WE DID AN OFFICIAL MAYPOLE DANCE or at least set a time for an psychic "meetin' o' the royal minds' or something. Could we do that again on Sunday ... set a time and whatever we are doing take a moment to think of the PALACE and ITS ROYAL DENIZENS (us) IN A JOYFUL AND HEALING MANNER AS WE PREPARE FOR A SLIMMIN' (or maintainin') VOYAGE TO THE SOLSTICE, WHEN THE FULL SUN WILL RETURN TO OUR HEARTS 'N MINDS ... well, ok, in Arizona, the full sun is pretty much already here, but in a virtual sense, it's not really been in my mind ... hmmm ... anyway ... yes, we did talk about a maypole dance ... and remember when we were doing the walks around the 21-day blocks, I remember envisioning eclectic Renaissance inspired clothing billowing in the gentle wind as we strolled the royal sidewalks (aided by Towel Boys) full o' happy folk ... with gentle white clouds floating effortlessly in the blue sky above and colorful silken tents serving us healthy snacks (ok at the time, mine consisted o' cupcakes, but that's in the past) ...

Guess that's what I'm tryin' to say ... it's in the Bible: "For lo the winter it is past and the voice of the turtle has sounded in the land!" Something like that ... I've posted that quote in places before but I like it ... this solistice challenge, for me, will be in honor of that great thought ... life goes on and we do, too, so good-bye winter!

Or something.

Anyhow, one thing I'm vowing is to get enough sleep each and everyday, so I'd best post my challenge results from yesterday and go back to bed:

WATER CHALLENGE: Drank SIX .9 L bottles to cover the eight full glasses I'd pledged. Like to say I'd do that again Friday (today) but can't deal wi' it! Maybe sometime ...

MEAL PATTERNING CHALLENGE: Stuck to pattern and ate enough of the right foods, journaled in the paper journal and here's the menu:

B: 2 oz almond butter
S: "Legal" sugar free blueberry "cobbler"
L: Broc/cauliflower soup (2 servings broc, one serving cauliflower, steamed in microwave then blended in Magic Bullet ... to be honest, I had to force myself to eat this, even though it was good ... I've been depriving myself of healthy stuff for awhile and my mind wants to go on doing that, which will eventually lead to trouble, so I allowed the bod to overrule the mind and ate the soup)
S: Legal sugar free cherry "cobbler" (shouldn't eat this twice in a day but discovered I had a pack of frozen unsweetened cherries that I didn't know about, so ...)
D: Faux turkey nuggets (lean ground turkey, egg white, curry powder and roast chicken seasoning, browned in skillet with 2 T canola oil ... I NEED healthy fat in my diet, so's ok), topped with 2 percent mozzarella cheese ... would have had a vege with this but didn't have any)
S: Nada

Cals 1680
Exercise: Cleaning

I'm going to take the rest o' the challenge one day at a time. MY FRIDAY CHALLENGE is just to continue the meal patterning AND to have at least one vegetable serving sometime (mushrooms don't count, they are fungi)! I'm also pledging one bottle of water!
Old 04-29-2005, 04:55 AM   #115  
Empress/Queen

E, CONGRATS ON THE 222ND DAY!!! Hooray! I think I'm at 104 as of Friday, will need to verify that later. Back to my vow o' sleep now!
Old 04-29-2005, 05:42 AM   #116  

Ah, royal thoughts of spring and of winter being delegated to the land past! Just the ticket to get through a rainy weekend. Just the thought to make me finish (start?) the closets, drawers and finish organizing { } the summer clothes.

Will start with Slimfast or oatmeal this a.m., get in my 8 glasses of water, plus ONLY decaf green or herbal teas and no Tab, continue clearing papers from dining room table office (did real well on that yesterday), tackle some very small cleaning projects, and work on aligning my royal sacktime with what my body tells me. Another few steps on the road to sanguinity.

Am awaiting the sun to arrive from s Arabella and Kaylets (and others who may also be to the East) and will send it on to s westerly as time moves through the day. Not sure of the exact order (a project) but think wsw, Eydie, and Wildfire be close in line. Don't know location of newest s so will think of them with welcome at times between.
Old 04-29-2005, 05:51 AM   #117  

Plus am totally on board for a virtual meeting at any convenient time. Evening EDST preferred.
Old 04-29-2005, 07:07 AM   #118  
wsw

i too plan to sprint in to may with a positive attitude, continue with daily meditation, exercise, and more healthy portion sizes of healthy food. my positive attitude, perseverence, good sense of humor, and using my little bag of relaxation techniques have gotten me this far, thankfully(!), and i plan to hang on to them. for the next few days, i also plan to get more much-needed sleep, and coninue op. one huge stressor regarding finances has been resolved, and though that area is still very challenging and will continue to be, i am grateful that there is one less stressor "keeping me awake at nights." i am also very proud of myself regarding how i handled that long, difficult situation-both practically, and emotionally. sometimes, i forget what a strong person i am, and it was good to be reminded recently. well, good morning anagram, amarantha, aria, eydie, arabella, wildfire, kaylets, punkin, and to all the lovely royals, mentioned and unmentioned. thinking about you all makes me smile, and reminds me just how lucky i am that all you wonderful ladies are here! take care, and have a great day, one and all!
Old 04-29-2005, 12:57 PM   #119  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Flying by -- got about 3 hours sleep last night and finishing up tasks for EOM along with new Site Editor duties so am busy and zonked. Nevertheless, I have proclaimed that the whistle blows as soon as I finish the necessary duties today and I am NOT working this weekend. Love to all, welcome to newbie Royals, and Huzzah!
Old 04-29-2005, 10:27 PM   #120  
Empress/Queen

Flybye here as was a looooooonnnng day in the royal salt mines! So happy to see so many royal posts here ...

Wsw, if thou forgetest again what a strong person thou beist, come and ask us here at the castle as we've always known it! Congratulations on getting through the long difficult situation.

Anagramatic: I am westerly o' Arabella 'n Kaylets, as well as very far westerly o' the new Aria ... not sure o' Dani's location, actually.

Except here in Arizona we don't need anymore sun as it is with us always! (the better to see the smog)!!! :laugh:

Arabella, enjoy thy work free weekend. I need to work having sacrificed last Saturday to the unpleasant situation ... will just be writing a few things up, though.

I can do a virtual meeting anytime, too, so long's it be a mind thing rather than a chat we're talking about, as I work most evenings (and daytimes).

My one bottle o' water challenge went well and I drank the water! Did a paper journal but won't be postin' the menu as it's mainly dairy stuff again ... gotta stop that ... cals good, and I DID get in a serving of brussel sprouts (ate 'em for breakfast so I wouldn't have to do 'em later).

To all, mentioned and unmentioned, avanti!

We march on to MAYDAY! HOORAY!
Closed Thread