Old 05-03-2005, 05:41 PM   #76  

Hello Everyone,

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning at 9:00 a.m. My head aches so much it is affecting my eyes and is hard for me to see or concentrate. I know what it is, it is a bacterial infection in my sinuses and I need an antibiotic. It is always hard to convince a doctor to recommend an antibiotic, but that is what I am going to have to do tomorrow. I have had too many of these infections, so I know what my body is telling me. I have an appointment to get a haircut at 5:30, I thought about cancelling it all day, but I might as well go and get it done. I am looking forward to Idol tonight, I understand that the songs are from the 50 and 60's and that they have to sing two numbers. Well finally some music I know.

I'll see how I feel after Idol tonight, otherwise I will come back tomorrow.

Bluet
Bluet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 08:04 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Hi, ladies--

I'm so glad you're going to see a doctor, Bluet. Hope he or she listens to you and gives you what you need. I was wondering if it was related to sinuses, too. It's kind of that time of year for sinus problems. I hope you feel better soon!

Charlotte, how did your appointment go? I'm hoping that the doctor can suggest something to help with your fatigue.

Well, my DH still has a job so that's good news! Still have the threat of future layoffs at some point (keep on buying HP, please!), but I guess every company goes through that.

Today we went to circuit training for an hour. It was great getting back into lifting weights, and I liked the instructor a lot. She knows a lot about nutrition so talked about that, too. Then I mowed the lawn, which is something I hadn't done in a while. The thing kept spitting out stuff so I got a pair of goggles to wear, and had my soft collar on--must've looked pretty weird. After that I lay down for about 15 min., then took a shallow water aerobics class in the warm pool, followed by a nice soak in the hot tub. I went to fitday.com to add up how many calories I burned today, and it's over 500. See, I really want to win this contest with my daughter!

Dad sounded a lot less grumpy today. He told them that his legs were swelling, and they finally got him a pair of compression socks. He's been doing some physical therapy, and walking with his walker, but it's the internal problem that's got to resolve itself before he can go back to assisted living.

Have a good evening, everyone!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 10:19 PM   #78  

Hello everyone....
Well, got my treatment yesterday. I haven't felt well at all. Finally beginning to feel "human" again. Dr said that he hoped the Lupus is caused by the medicines, or I'd have to stop the Remicade. He ordered more lab work. Also, checking my thyroid, because of all the fatigue. So....still wait & see.
About the desk I bought...well, words can't describe it! If it's at all possible to hate a piece of new furniture......I DO!! I bought it, because I gave my word. But, I left it at the station over the weekend, hoping someone would buy it! I've never seen anything so strange. It folds together! When sitting at it, I'd feel like I was in a box...clostophobic! (spelling) I'll not buy anything else (I don't think) without looking at it first.

Sheila....hope your dad is doing better. I feel for you & him, also. How's the house going? Good news about DH's job! I'll keep praying it holds out!

Bluet....Poor friend...get something done for that headache! I'm sooo sorry. ((hug)).

Bonnie-2...glad you got to see the grands!

Guess what everybody....I found out today that I'm going to be grandma again!!!! Paula...from South AL....is going to have another little one! This will make us 12 grands!!! We're all delighted!

Willow....I'm glad you're going to get your surgery. I dread it for you, but know you need it. Best of luck to you, & bunches of ((hugs)) & prayers.

Diane...I'm doing very well without the sugar. I can't believe it. I've been off of it long enough now, that, if I eat anything with sugar in it, I get a little sick. I also lost 3 lbs, by the Dr's scales.

SunnyD....some beautiful graphics you've been using! I've really been enjoying your CD! Thanks again. I'm still working on mine. I'm having Connie put my tape on CD for me, so I can make copies to send to all of you. It's just taking a little time. I don't want to rush them. They volunteer to do these things for me. I got a call today to sing at the nursing home where my mom is Thursday & to help with a Mother's Day celebration there, Sunday. Also, Thursday night I'm suppose to go sing at an Assisted Living Facility. Hope I get over this treatment well enough for all of that. My voice is still pretty week.

Well.......gonna go get more rest. Hope I can work tomorrow. Love all of you....
Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 06:26 AM   #79  
I can and I will do it!

Woke up this morning to the sound of rain which we so desperatley need. It has been a weird Spring for Texas. The high today is going to be in the 50's, and the normal high is 80. It would be nice if this was a sign of what is to come with summer.

Charlotte so sorry about your desk I know how upset that is bound to make you. Sending great big hugs and well wishes that you feel like singing. What a blessing to have a beautiful voice.

Bluet glad you are going to the Dr. you have suffered long enough.

Sheila all I can say is wow on all of your exercise, you go girl.

Sunny where are you?

I haven't walked or gone to Curve's the last two days. I just haven't felt too swell, seem to be eating everything in sight and just blah feeling. I know what it is the old pms thing. I wonder when I will get finished having that. I had a hysterectomy yrs. ago but have ovaries so I still continue with the blahs at the same time of the month, some months are worse than others. The joys of being a woman. If it isn't pouring down I plan to get out today and get back to my walking, I know it will make me feel better.

Have a good day sweeties....Diane
candlelady4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 11:49 AM   #80  

Hi All,

Well, I am back from the doctor's office with amoxicillin in hand. Can't wait until it sets in and attacks my sinuses. I didn't have to do any convincing, one look at my tired eyes was enough for the doctor. I am at work, so we will see how long I can stay on here.

You know what guys? The sun is shinning and we actually have temps crawling into the 50's, how wonderful is that for the northern mid-west?

Sorry gotta go, was just given some AP stuff to attend to, be back later.

Bluet
Old 05-04-2005, 09:10 PM   #81  

Oh, bummer about the desk, Charlotte. I can't even visualize how the darn thing works, but if claustrophobia is mentioned, it must be bad (speaking as someone who has that particular phobia!). If the fatigue is thyroid, it's easily treated, and the medication isn't very expensive. I've taken thyroid medication since I was 23 years old because I had both lobes removed. Congratulations on the upcoming grandchild! An even dozen grandchildren--how cool! So should she be having a boy or a girl to make it "even?" I hope your voice will be in full force by your singing engagements. It's so neat that you get called to do that.

It's strange to think that your normal high this time of year is 80, Diane. If we still lived in Colorado, we'd still have snow, I'm sure. It always snowed on Mother's Day. Got any plans for Mother's Day? Know exactly what you mean about the eating and PMS. I, too, have my ovaries, but I can't gauge when I'm going to ovulate, or even if I'm ovulating anymore. One of these days, I'll ask the doctor to test me to see if I've gone through menopause and didn't know it. I always think my current crabbiness is caused by pain, but I guess it could be menopause, couldn't it? Yup, that exercise does make a person feel better. My DH doesn't want to go to exercise class in the morning, but afterwards he's always happy he went.

Bluet, I'm so glad that the doctor didn't give you a hassle. Hope the medication has kicked in. Did you stay at work all day? Bet you're glad to see a bit of sunshine. Hope it stays that way.

Today I was supposed to call the patient scheduler up at the university hospital in Portland if I hadn't heard anything from her. Since I hadn't, I got on the phone and left a message this morning, then called again in the afternoon. I'm nothing if not eager! I finally reached her, and it appears that the doctor here in town still hadn't sent my records. I was ticked! While I was on hold, she reached the doctor's office here and asked for the chart notes to be faxed right then. Then she gets back on with me to tell me that the doctor hadn't dictated a letter of introduction. I saw her April 1, for goodness sake! They don't require the letter anyway. I should be getting an appointment next week or the week after. We'll see. I called the doctor's office here, and after hemming and hawing and excuses, the person finally said that I'd just slipped through the cracks. I thanked her for being honest (finally). I hope I don't have a reason to see that doctor again.

Then, since I was on a tear, I called the social security administration again. They told me that I'd have my answer on disability by April 25, although they'd already made the decision February 25. It had to go through a quality control process, which let them have 60 more days. I'd been told on April 14 that I'd get something shortly. To me, shortly is a week or 10 days. So today I called, and the person, who put me on hold forever, said I could go to the local office and get my answer or I could wait another 10 days for the local office to contact me. The local office isn't even in my town, dang it, but my DH said he'd drive me over there (it's about a 20 min. drive) because I can't drive that far. After all this time, you'd think it would be a yes, but I'm feeling very pessimistic today. Maybe I fell through the cracks there, too.

Where's our SunnyD? Hope everyone has a great Thursday.

Last edited by Sheila53; 05-04-2005 at 09:12 PM.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:37 PM   #82  

Hi everyone...still feeling weak. I've got a full day tomorrow, so gotta get better soon!

I don't have such a beautiful voice, Diane, just have my heart in my songs, & I guess it shows. I truly enjoy trying to sing, though.

Bluet...I'm glad you got your meds. Now, take them & get some rest. I'm thinking of you........

Sheila...I can't believe you're going through so much with your dr appt! Such incompetence. To think we trust our lives to these people! Hang in there. Don't get pessimistic. I feel you'll get your disability. You sure need to. I hope your dad is better.

SunnyD...I'm missing you. Sure hope it's not snowing again on you! I can't believe this week is going by so fast.

My sister & I are going into business together. She has been managing an Herb store for 3 months now. It really does well. The owner has offered to sell it to her. She wants it, but can't come up with the $5,000 down payment they want up front. I believe I can...so, I'm going to be a silent partner. I hope we do well with it. We both need a break financially.

I'm getting very sleepy, so gonna go. Hope all have a good Thursday.
Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 05:48 AM   #83  
I can and I will do it!

Default Good Thurs. Morning

My goodness girls where did this week go? Time just flies anymore to me.

Bluet hope you are feeling better.

Sheila I don't know what has happened to the Medical profession.I promise not to get on my soap box about it but it is unbelievable how incompetent the people that work for it are. I believe what it boils down to is too many patients for the Drs., they are trying to make the bucks and putting the welfare of their patients on the back burner, ok enough said.
I hope you get it and S.S. worked out.

Charlotte I forgot to congratulate you on the new baby. It is always so exciting. What a dream come true for you to go into business with your Sister, I hope it works out for you both.

Sunny D how are you honey?

I am still grippy today didn't sleep well at all as usual. I thank you all for letting me vent, I try to stay positive but sometimes it is just impossible. The fact that my weight is up 3 lbs. doesn't help any either. I am so swollen even my feet, it is so uncomfortable. I plan on going to walk today maybe it will help.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:18 AM   #84  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Good Morning Gals!

I am doing just fine... really Thanks so much for asking about me. I have just been up to my ears with work that my hubby has asked me to get done and I haven't had any time to myself! I will this evening though - when he goes for practices from 6 - 9ish tonight. I thought his practice was last night that's how mixed up my days are right now I haven't even walked in 2 days and I FEEL IT too! I gotta get in a walk today!

I will be back to post this evening, if not sooner
You KNOW I am feeling swamped - this is in black print
LOVE you!!
*Smiles*
SunnyD
<><

PS>>> Bonnie, I sure do hope that those meds are working for you and that you feel better soon!!! Joe got thrush from his strong meds (sinus infection) and had to take meds for that too --- make sure you eat some yogurt for the good bacteria, so you don't get it too *Hugs*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 06:41 PM   #85  

Hi, everyone--

Not going to stay on too long because it's been a long day, and I'm tired. My DH drove me over to the SSA office (a 20 min. drive) where we waited for 45 min., then at the counter for another 15 min. to find out the status of my disability application. The clerk told me that yes, I was deemed eligible, and I'll probably get the "full benefit," but they're still not sure yet. I should know by May 10 about the payment. Since I was supposed to know something by April 25, I'm not holding my breath. Just glad I know that I got it. It feels good knowing I won't be a complete drain on our resources for the rest of my life, you know?

Today is Cinco de Mayo, the day when our friend Amy died in a rafting accident four years ago. We usually go to Boise to honor her memory, but didn't this year. It's kind of a sad day for us, although I'm always grateful that my DH was spared.

Charlotte, the herb business sounds great! Tell us more--is it medicinal herbs, plants, what?

Hope everyone has a great Friday. Any Mother's Day celebrations?
Old 05-05-2005, 11:26 PM   #86  

Good Evening,

Well, I have been on the antibiotic for two days now and I am starting to feel better. I couldn't believe the incredible headache I had. I didn't care about anything, I just wanted the pain to go away. At the end of each day I felt as though my eyes had just sunken into my head. I had a delay in getting to the doctor, because my doctor is not in my insurance plan and I had to get a referral, which moved my doctor appointment off. Insurance companies...Ugh

Charlotte, so sorry about your desk. I just can't imagine from your description what it looks like, but I wish it were something you love instead of hate. Good luck to your sister in her new business venture, and you too if you do go in with her. Congratulations on your announcement of a new grandbaby. Hope you are feeling peppier for your work day at the TV Station tomorrow. Say,did they ever find out who those culprits were that robbed the station?

Sunny, so where are you coming up with all of the graphics? Have you learned to design your own? Quite a few have your name on them are you having someone design them for you? We are starting to warm up a little, but along with that are coming scattered rain showers. Dh is not done planting the fields, so I think he wishes the rain would hold off a while. So Scotty the Body is going home. How horrible that web site that promoted him as the worst singer and cast votes for him based on that. What is the matter with people anyway. And as for Paula, I really don't care what she does on her own time. Man who cares? On Survivor, that Jenn (I think that's her name) I haven't cared for ever since the begining when she started that fight with Caryn, perhaps she can go home next week. I didn't care for Katherine letting that guy paw all over her tonight in the bar. I was convinced that that guy had killed both the girls. They sure were blase' about all those dead bodies in the freeway pile up. Hope you got to go for your walk today.

Shiela, I am sorry about your friend Amy, I guess I don't know that story. But, I don't care for you to be sad. I hope they get that disability application straightened out pretty soon. Are you working on your yard yet? It is not warm enough for us to do anything in the gardens yet. We cut the grass last Friday because it really needed it, but I don't think we will have to cut it tomorrow evening it was too cold to grow much. I am am itching to get outside and get the flower beds cleaned up and to see something growing again. I know I am rushing things though. Sometimes when the kids were little and we would take them downtown to see the Memorial Day parade we would have to put their winter jackets on them to keep them comfortable to watch the parade. It can be very warm here and all of a sudden if the wind changes and comes off the lake the temperature can drop at least twenty degrees.

Diane, you are coming up with some nifty graphics too. Where are you finding yours? Sounds like you aren't feeling exactly par this week either. Your counter is really cute, soon you will be rocking a little grandaughter. I hope you were able to get back into your walking program yesterday.

Bonnie2, where are you girl? Is it just as cold on the other side of the big pond too, as it is here? We still have our furnace running.

Well, got to go, way past my bed time.

Have a great Friday everyone.

Bluet

Last edited by Bluet; 05-05-2005 at 11:29 PM.
Old 05-07-2005, 10:31 AM   #87  

Smile

Good Saturday Morning Gals

Hello Bluet I am so glad to hear that the meds are helping you feel better... bet you have been ill for a long time with that darn infection! Joe had the same thing and feels so much better after taking the meds. He said that the Claridon-D(sp?) allergy relief helped allot too!! The down-side to the meds... he got thrush! So he had to call the Dr. back up to get that little pink pill - it's all better now But he's going to keep taking the allergy relief meds - he said it really has helped him. This time of year is hard on so many with allergies. I have them too

As far as the graphics go... I only WISH I could make my own but I get them at the same place that Charlotte gets hers. As for my siggy's (the graphics with my name) I have them made by the graphic artists at the site... there are three artists I have visited, but there are many more! I have enjoyed my time gathering all the different graphics and sigs! Glad you like them too

You know... I heard on the TV the other day about how hard the rains are with the farmers. I do hope that it slows up so your hubby can catch up!

*A-Idol* I didn't hear or see that about Scott... I am sorry that it happened --- he's a good kid, really trying to make it. I sure do hope that someone picks him up. I didn't really care for his voice, but obviously... others did. As for who may Win this... this one is a very tough call. If I have thought it though correctly - I believe that our gal, Carrie, has NEVER been in the bottom 3... both Bo an Vonzell have been, so I wonder if *Carrie* will be the Idol-winner If not... I think it just might be *Bo* - the first rocker to win Like I said... tough call... they are all so very talented in very different ways --- Carrie ~ Country, Bo ~ Rock & Vonzell ~ A Natalie Cole. *Survivor* ~ I feel that this is when it really gets ugly, don't you? There are a couple of the gals I'd like to see go... I am pulling for *Tom* (I think that's his name - the firefighter). *CSI* yeah... what's up with Katherine!!! Isn't she suppose to be smart

Hi Sheila, glad you are enjoying my pics I have FILES of them now! Great to use in making my cards as well Not for selling, just for the family and friends. I forget about the time change sorry 'bout that

Goodness Sheila... your father's place is running your $2,800!!! We only paid $1,800 and thought that was allot!! Are you paying more because he is in rehab? And I totally agree with your advice you gave DD!!! When I quit working it was a trade-off for me, the things I was getting or the "Stress-free" atmosphere I needed for my health! I quit 5 yrs ago and we just did w/o... and it has worked out beautifully for us thus far. Joe now makes some $$ at the church (they pay him for directing the choir ), and he pulls in more now then I did working
I hope that it all works out for her

GREAT NEWS about your hubby's job, Sheila!!!! Now you don't have to worry about moving again (for the time being) I am very happy for you... that's all I buy... HP!!! All the way!!! I won't ever buy another brand again. Joe got me this Epson and it's okay, but I love the HP's so much more! Everything else I have is HP

You wore goggles to mow the lawn I can just picture you Sounds like you are gonna win this contest girl!!! I have only gotten in 8.25 miles this week I really wanted to get in more, but I just got so busy! No time!! Joe is in the midst of teaching his 30+ choir some new songs and so he had allot of work for me I really didn't mind doing it, but for a bit I felt a little overwhelmed What a relief to get it all finished yesterday And I also got all caught up with my bills *sigh* of relief... all paid for another 2 weeks

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooo very sorry to read about all the problems you are having with your records and with the Dr's. I sure do hope that it all works out real soon for you!! I really feel badly for you and all the running around you have to go through --- jumping through hoops - so to speak

Not only was MAY 5th Cinco de Mayo, BUT did you notice the date???
~ 05-05-05 ~
I just thought it was

Hi Charlotte dear... how are you feeling today Any better

I think that the Herb Shop is fantastic!! I wish you & your sis much success... so many of our friends are getting back into cooking again (and going out less) to eat better - I know I sure could have used a place like hers around here this winter!!!! It cost me $5.00 a bag for Basil here and it doesn't last I cannot wait for it to warm up so I can grow my own over the summer. I am putting in a good word to our Lord *Prayers*

I am so very sorry to hear about your new desk!!! It sounds like one o those *Hutch-style* desks for space saving... if it is, I so know what you mean about feeling closed in. I tried them at the office supply store here and yuk!!! I hope that you will be able to sell it!!

Congrats on being a grandmother again!!!!!!!!!!!! You sound so tickled!!! 12!!! You are getting up there!!! What number will it be for your DD? I have forgotten She's the one that had to go through that hateful storm, isn't she? I am so very happy for you and for them I found out last week, that I am going to be a Great Aunt again She is due in Oct.

Thanks... I am so glad you like the CD I cannot WAIT to hear yours!!! I hope it will be finished real soon You have a great time at the nursing home... I bet they LOVE YOU there!!!! Bless your heart!!!

Hi Diane, I am here It has just been a hectic week for me, I'm not use to it I am soooo spoiled! But when Joe needs me, I am here for him --- he works so very hard everyday and I am home, so when he asks for help, I am more then ready and willing I just haven't had so much to do lately and it felt a bit overwhelming. But now that's it's all done and he's happy, I am too

You said that you haven't walked or gone to Curves in 2 days... me neither and I was feeling so blue yesterday!!! So this morning I got up and went out for my walk --- I feel so much better today!! Get out girl! You will feel so much better too I honestly think that when the weather changes we (ladies especially) feel it!!! That's why we have binge days & the blues, I think so anyway ... you'll be okay... you are normal

I was feeling a bit glum yesterday... part of the reason I get a bit blue too is because of *Mother's Day* I miss my mother very much and so wish we lived closer!! I sent her a Calla Lily plant yesterday through ProFlowers.com, she loved it! They have the best cut flowers and plants there!! She loves the plants... and has a greenhouse to keep them in. She isn't one for cut flowers, she wants them to last and last I also find myself thinking of our DD (Lisa Anne) and what she'd be like had she lived -- she would have been 29 years old. My mom wished me a *Happy Mother's Day* also, telling me that my little angel was watching over me. It made me feel melancholy & pensive yesterday

Hello to Bonnie2 I have not had the time to send out yours (nor Diane's) CD's yet, but I will on Monday!! Also, I thought I had some mailing bags still and when I went to get them out of the drawer --- no bags Gonna pick some up today and I WILL get them out to you both on Monday

*~*~*

I sure do hope that you all have a fantastic day tomorrow!!
You all so deserve it!!! You are all Beautiful Ladies!!!

*Smiles*

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 05-07-2005, 07:35 PM   #88  

Happy Mother's Day All You Gals.
Not Sure What We're Doing Tomorrow Yet Besides Church.
To Wet To Get Crops In The Field Planted For A Few Days. We Picked Rocks From The Field Today, Anybody Need A Few???? Bonnie
bon5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 06:57 AM   #89  
I can and I will do it!

Default Happy Mother's Day to all

I hope each of you have a wonderful day and special wishes go to you Sunny. I am sure it is a hard day for you.

Everything is fine here going to DD for lunch if the weather holds. We are under severe weather alerts and I do not drive in bad weather especially to Ft. Worth with all that traffic so will wait and see.

Hugs to all, Diane
Old 05-09-2005, 01:18 PM   #90  

Smile

Good Afternoon Gals!
I do hope that your Mother's Day weekend was enjoyable!

*~*~*

Hi Diane, I had such a lovely day yesterday really... thanks to my friends and hubby We went to church and then at around 2:00 we met our best buds and their daughters for lunch. They bought me a gift! I was so surprised!! A beautiful Book with stories and scripture along with a beautiful card... to say the least... I was touched! Also... my Joe picked up the tab for us (a first after our marriage ) --- let me explain, I usually take care of the finances, so Joe's checks go straight into our ck'ing acct. & I know exactly where all the $$ are and where it goes. So to make a long story, short... he has been saving $$ from the last few side jobs he's done, so that he could surprise me and "pay" for a meal or two totally surprising me And that he did!!! He also picked up a little trinket for me He knows how I enjoy small antique trinket boxes... this one has violets on the lid He's so sweet & made me feel very special

I also called and spoke to my mother for almost an hour yesterday, she loved the Calla Lilies I sent her & enjoyed my call to her. She was going to go to her fav. restaurant for dinner, but she became ill --- flu, she thinks --- my poor mommy She said she was feeling better this morning, but was very ill yesterday. Now that could spoil a perfectly good day I really do miss her...

Did the weather hold up for you?!!?
Did you have a lovely day as well?

*~*~*

I hope to see you gals visit later...
I MISS YOU!!!!
Time for lunch

*Smiles*

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 05-09-2005 at 05:00 PM.