Old 04-11-2005, 11:49 AM   #16  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Red face

Oh my goodness!!!!! What have I done!!!!

Sheila...
I can't believe that I have let your BIRTHDAY get passed me last Wednesday !!! I am so very sorry!! Did you have time to go out to dinner or something? Oh... I feel just terrible that I had forgotten I hope & pray that you will have a celebrated YEAR of happiness and that all of the "stuff" in your life begins to settle down and settle in...

I am keeping you and your hubby in my prayers!

My BELATED Birthday WISHES...

TO YOU...
TO YOU...
DEAR Sheila... ...
TO YOUuuuuuuuu!

and many more...

I hope you HAD a *WONDERFUL DAY!*
and
You WILL have the Bestest year ahead!

Birthday {{{Hugs}}},
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 12:14 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Good morning, ladies!!

I love the daffodils graphic, SunnyD. It's so bright and spring-y. It was the first thing I noticed when I logged on.

Bluet, how was your co-workers wedding? And the first communion? I'm sorry you've been having problems sleeping. I hope you got some good rest this weekend, although it sounds like another busy one.

Four days of no sugar, Charlotte? Good for you!! Did you make it through the weekend? You inspired me so much that I, too, have made a choice to eliminate sugar and I had no sugar for the past two days. Now, I'm not saying I ate that well, but I didn't have any sugar so I'm happy about that. That's so sad that people at the station have to be on the alert now for potential trouble since the break-in. It's like living in the big city. How strange about those guys. Hopefully you all can feel a bit safer with the alarm. Ah, your poor granddaughter! I think I'd freeze with all the lights and having to stand up in front of a bunch of people. I'm sure she'll get better at it, and she'll probably never have a problem giving speeches in class when she gets older. Looking forward to the photos!

Candlelady, maybe you and Bluet should get instant messaging for those sleepless nights. It must be something in the air! I cannot imagine getting up at 3:00 am. Of course, if I did, then the dog would want to get up and be fed, and the cats would start caterwauling, too. Hope you got a better night's sleep over the weekend. Love your graphics, too!! You guys are having so much fun with those graphics.

SunnyD, I'm so sorry you're having to experience some of this nervousness around jobs. It's the pits, to say the least. How was your Red Robin dinner? I haven't been to one of those in ages. I don't think there is one here, although maybe in the next town over. So glad that the weather is cooperating and you're getting to walk outside. It's nice here this morning, too, and I'm thinking about taking my dog for a walk around the new 'hood.

It's been a really exhausting week. I felt horrible on Friday after so much work on Thursday. Still had a lot to do, though, so I powered through. The moving guys put the last of the stuff in the house around 2:30 pm yesterday. I got the kitchen, bedroom, and bathrooms unpacked. It seemed so silly to pack everything up for a 10 minute ride across town, you know? We slept last night in our new house and discovered that, while there's no traffic noise, there is a train that came through at 6:37 am. I guess that would be a good alarm clock if I wanted to get up earlier than 7:00 (or 7:30 really). I imagine I'll learn to sleep through it just like I learned to sleep through the traffic noise at the apartment. We need to learn how to program our thermostat, however. DH thought he set it to go on at 7:00 am, but I woke up a little after 5:00 am just roasting with the furnace blasting. I'm going to see if there's an online manual or call a furnace person.

Once we get the carpets in and all the stuff where it belongs (our garage now looks like the storage unit, and we've got stuff stacked in the dining room--good thing we have no table yet!), I'll take photos. I have before photos so I can make a webpage and post the photos side-by-side.

Have a great Monday, everyone! Hope the sky is blue and the flowers in bloom in your part of the country.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 12:17 PM   #18  

Just posted, then saw your birthday wishes, SunnyD. Thank you!! I'm hoping for the best year ever, too!
Old 04-12-2005, 06:34 AM   #19  

Well another week,another try at losing weight. Has anyone read the book DIET SIMPLE by katherine tallmadge? I am taking an online course at barnes & noble u. now.Went to jazz. last nite, will go tonite also. I had the flu on Fri. & sat. GRRRRRR!!!!.
We have about 100 acres of land & raise 35 or so cattle for beef besides the]ed business. Got to get ready for work. Bonnie2
bon5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 09:47 AM   #20  

Good morning,
Hope all are having a good day. It rained all night....made for good sleeping.

I have a Dr appt today, so can't stay long. Finally going to see what all that blood work was all about. I wonder why we always have to wait so long to get out appt after lab work or tests are run! I've been feeling ok, though.

Sheila!

I didn't know you had a birthday!! You should have said something. It isn't even mentioned in your profile. I feel bad, also. Everyone should have their birthday recognized!
I hope you're not working too hard. Wishful thinking....huh?! How's the house looking? I'm still praying for your DH's work & SunnyD's, also.

Hi Bluet....How's it going, my friend? Hope your week isn't too stressful. You should have seen the big heavy safe Bro Jones brought back from LA! It was all they could do to get it into the station! He said if anyone can carry it out, they can have it. Got the alarm installed, also. When I let myself in, tomorrow, I'll have to hurry & disarm it. (hope I don't get nervous & forget how!) We now have Connie's desk arranged so no one can see into the drawers during the day.

Hi Bonnie-2...doing great with your diet! Wish I was able to exercise. I'm doing well with being off sugar, though. Seven days now. Had a lady to present me with some sugar-free cookies during "Tennessee Valley Now" yesterday! That program is getting the viewers more involved all the time. Supposed to be News, Sports, Weather, & Announcements....but, turning out to be a lot of fun, that the viewers wait with anticipation to see what's going to happen!!

Hope all have a great day!!!
Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 06:01 PM   #21  

Hello,

Happy Birthday Sheila, so sorry I missed your birthday. See what happens when I draw into myself and center on worry, I forget about the things that are going on around me. One of those being your birthday. I suppose you worked like a slave painting and cleaning and moving on your birthday too. You should have gone for a massage and a day off, but I know if the work is there it's got to get done, right? Hopefully if, you didn't have time for yourself you will be able to find some time down the road a little way. I am most anxious to see your before and after pictures.

The wedding was lovely, we had great weather all weekend, the food was good. There was a choice of beef sirloin with baked potato or chicken cordon bleu and rice or whitefish and rice. Dh and I had the fish becaue I like fish and I know it is what I can eat safely on my program and dh had fish because he doesn't eat anything that he can't tell what it is or any meat that still looks raw. Their cake had different layers of chocolate raspberry and strawberry swirl, and key lime. They served it with a small bowl of ice cream and a huge strawberry dipped in chocolate. I didn't have any of it. . They also severed champagne, didn't have any of that either. We all had a very nice time.

The first communion was very nice too, but there were 88 children receiving first communion and the ceremony lasted 2 hours. As soon as Josh got home he got out of his dress up clothes and into a sleeveless t-shirt and shorts. You gotta love those 8 year old boys and we have a double dose.

Sunny, thanks for holding up the thread all by yourself. You are a treasure. Idol's on tonight, well wonder what we will see tonight? One of my co-workers said the theme is "The Year You Were Born." That means we will be hearing a lot of '70s music tonight. I'll have to hold my ears, I am not too fond of '70s music. I still haven't gotten past that baby duck incident on Survivor. So if Stephanie looses the immunity challenge this week, she votes herself to go home? That's dreadful, they should have combined the tribes long ago. Thank you for reminding all of us that it was Sheila's birthday, how could we forget her? I even mentioned it late in March, so I wouldn't forget her. Duh ! I was looking for that cd last week. Anxious to hear you sing.

Charlotte, Bro. Jones sounds like a get it done kind a guy. Good for him. Hopefully no one will ever try to rob the station again, no matter how heavy the safe is. The work week is going ok, thanks for asking. I try hard to stay under the radar, and just do my work. Sometimes that works best. I tripped the alarm at the other plant a few years ago, someone called ahead from the security place and asked me if I had the authority to be there and I identified myself and said that I did, but she called the president of the company and the police anyway and they were there checking on me in a heartbeat. Oh well. So glad that you are feeling good. Hope your doctor's visit went ok today. Let us know if you want to ok?

Bonnie2, we have animals too, we raise young stock for another farmer and work over two hundred acres of land to feed the young stock. I think we keep around 150 head. Never get to go anywhere on the weekend without calling in people to take care of the animals while we are gone. It is not like when we were dairying fulltime and had to be there 24/7/352 .

Diane, that amazes me that you are an early riser. I usually am not, I wish I were, I could get so much more done before I go to work. I'll bet it is really warm and nice in Texas this time of year. We are still getting cool breezes and cooler nights. Soon Spring will be here though.

Take care everyone have a good evening

Bluet
Bluet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 09:11 PM   #22  

Hi, all!

So, Bonnie2, how is the losing game going? I haven't heard of Diet Simple. What's it all about? I'll be interested to know how the course goes. It's great you're keeping up with the jazzercise. I miss my water aerobics, but getting the house in order comes first right now. Surprisingly, my pants still fit after last week's eating excesses. Must be all the painting and moving. Bummer about the flu, and even worse that you had it on a Saturday! Are you feeling okay now? With only 35 head of cattle, you could give them all names, right? Just kidding--don't think I could name something I was going to eat. I've known people who decided to raise one calf, then they named it and it was all over then--they got too attached so they couldn't butcher it.

Charlotte, you better get back here soon and let us know what happened with the blood work. Thanks for the birthday cake! I'm kind of a low-key birthday celebrator except for the big ones so it's no big deal to me. I'm on another 3FC forum, and I have to share this post with you written by a cyberfriend. It's at http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56252. I got the biggest kick out of how she celebrated my birthday. Brother Jones sounds like a hoot--love his comment. Can they give you a remote to turn off the alarm, like the ones people have for their cars? That's what we used when we lived in Seattle. A lot easier than trying to remember the number. So have you had any sugar dreams yet? For some reason, on Day 2 of my no-sugar odyssey, I had a dream about cookies and candy. It was quite annoying. Yesterday I was really dragging in the afternoon, too. Have you experienced any doughnut withdrawal?

Hey, Bluet, that's okay about my birthday. As I mentioned to Charlotte, I really don't celebrate it that much. I ended up buying all the stuff for my birthday dinner, and my DH "cooked" it. We've been so busy that I thought I'd make it easy on him so I bought kielbasa, deli salads, and a cake (notice I waited until after my birthday to attempt a no-sugar lifestyle!). I laughed when I read why your DH chose fish at the wedding. You'd think someone who raised cows wouldn't mind his dinner mooing at him. Bluet, you could have eaten the non-dipped part of the strawberry and gotten a serving of fruit out of it! DH could have had the dipped part.

Omigosh, 88 kids at the first communion! Sounds almost as bad as attending high school graduations where they call off everyone's name (and you'll have plenty of those to attend, right?). It appears to have lasted about the same length of time. Attending my DH's college graduation was the worst. Besides having a four-year old to deal with, we had to sit through hours and hours of names before they called off his. I thought my high-school graduating class of 600 was bad--try sitting through 2400 college graduates in a coliseum! I graduated from college when my daughter was 15 months old, but I graduated in the winter and there weren't all that many people. I still remember walking across the stage and hearing my daughter yell "Mommy!" Hey, cool nights are good for sleeping. Soon enough you'll be wishing for those cool nights. Just without the snow, though. Are any flowers popping up around your house? Hope so.

Today I got another room painted (which leaves only the main bathroom to paint--yippee!), and got two bids on removing all the nasty overgrown junipers from the yard. We have to remove some nice Alberta spruces, too, because the junipers have grown up around them and killed off the lower branches. If we just removed the surrounding junipers, we'd have a pretty ugly spruces left. We are, of course, waiting to see what happens with the job before we give the go-ahead on shrub removal. Don't worry, be happy, right??

Hope everyone has a good Tuesday evening.
Old 04-13-2005, 10:08 AM   #23  

Smile

Good Morning Gals,

I am sorry I missed you yesterday... I had allot of little things to get done. As for the CD's... ladies please don't be upset with me, but we keep them at the church and when I was there last week I forgot to get them and then I forgot again last night. Joe is bringing them home today and I WILL get them in the mail tomorrow, okay. I am so very sorry... I just don't have the memory I use to have and it makes me quite frustrated Forgive my tardiness in sending them off.

As for Joe's job... we didn't find out what was happening till this past Monday (4/11). It looks like he will be fine for the time being , they will be keeping the maintenance crew and so Joe will keep his job... hopefully till he can retire in two years. He is officially up for retirement this coming Feb/2006, but Joe wants to work for two years past that to get better retirement benefits & healthcare, we couldn't live on what they would give us in Feb. We are just playing it out from year to year right now. We should be fine for another year. We feel better. He has also been voted in as the Shop Stewart by his crew (a spokesman for his crew - they voted him in)... so as of June he will get a raise of .25 an hour for taking this position. He was very happy about this, so good news all around. I only wish I could send some of this good news your way Sheila... for your DH and you.

I have been walking outdoors this week and loving every moment of it!! I am out the door by 5:45am... and the sunrises have been awesome with the sky so clear and blue. I am taking every breath-taking moment in! So far I have walked 18.27 miles for the month of April

*~*~*

Hi Bonnie2, I have never heard of DIET SIMPLE either... what is it all about? Low Sugar? Low Carb? Low Calorie? I do hope that you are feeling much better... boy, that flu has bitten everyone this year really hard.

W W! You have a nice farm!! I have always wanted to live on a farm. When my SIL had her's (when her 5 boys were small) I was there allot!! Helping out with the kids and feeding the animals each day (very early!) and working the veggie gardens... it's allot of hard work, but I loved it! Are your cattle *free range* cattle for beef?

Hi Charlotte, I sure do hope that you will return with only good news about all your blood-work... and if nothing else, I hope that they have information that they will be able to help you with! I think you are doing a wonderful job staying away from sugar!!! It's not easy to do... Keep up the great job

Yes, all is going well with my hubby & I as far as his job goes. It did seem strange that they would be letting him go just after the bought him a new work van but word was they were letting them go... thank the Lord it was 'gossip' that wasn't for them. It pertained to the stores that were closing and not to the maint. crew... as long as there are stores here in Ohio (TOPS Grocery) they cannot let the maint. crew go Joe felt so relieved, not to mention the deep sigh of relief I took.

Hi Bluet, Bonnie, I totally forgot you are on a farm too... I love farm-living! When Joe & I met and we shared our dreams, mine was to have a farm with lots of children, animals (pets) and veggies... so much for dreams. My life is nothing like I hoped for in my teens It is a good life (not complaining) but not as I dreamed. With wide open spaces, children and allot of pets would have been pure JOY for me. In heaven my dreams will come true Life is full of curve balls... you just have to learn to play the game

I am so happy to hear that you had such a good time at the wedding and that the weather cooperated. That cake sounded so tasty I don't know... I just may have snuck a bite or two of that You did good not having any!!!! 88 kids making First Communion... wow... Joe sings for First Communion and he say's that it always takes a good 1 1/2 - 2 hours. Sounds like it was a nice day for Josh We have had some awesome weather this week too!! And we are suppose to have a beautiful weekend this weekend too! Yeah!!

I saw *A-Idol* last night and I didn't really like the music either, the song choices weren't my fav. at all. I just wish that Carrie would stay with country --- she is a great country singer and there are so many good song choices. I think she felt pressure to change it up... too bad too. That song did not suit her at all. I think that if I were to vote someone off, it may be Scott Savol (even though he is from Ohio) or Nadia Turner... neither have done so well the last few shows. I really have enjoyed Vonzell Solomon too! Classy young lady. As for *Survivor* I don't have a clue which way they are taking it this year... I feel so bad for Stephanie ... have you seen the previews? I have been watching *The Amazing Race* too --- I love watching how Rob and Amber are working together! I don't hope that they will win it (they don't need the $$) but I have enjoyed them!! They are both very clever (common sense clever) and work so well together... fun! I tape it, so Joe & I can watch together on Saturday's when there's nothing on.

Hi Sheila, I am glad to hear that you still had a nice birthday... I felt so badly for letting it get past me I just read the post from Jilly... ... so you had a Russian Birthday Celebration on your birthday... FUN!!!! I enjoyed reading Jilly's post telling you all about your day You aren't tired from all that work on the house... you are tired form all that celebrating you didn't know you did!!

You have been working so very hard!! I bet that once it's completed and you get all settled in you will be so glad you did the work you did! And then you can just enjoy it all summer long

Hi Diane... I hope you are having a good week so far

*~*~*

Time to go get some work done today...
*Have a great Day Gals!*
{{{Hugs}}}
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 04-13-2005, 10:45 AM   #24  

Please forgive me for not posting individually. I'm expecting a call any moment from my daughter who lives in South AL. She's passing through town, & we're going to meet for lunch.

Lab results showed I have Lupus, along with the RA. Also, Dr said I show all signs of Fibromyalgia....so, just adding to my list. OA, RA, Lupus, & Fibro...not to mention other smaller ailments. Oh well.............

I wonder about my treatments. I don't think I can take Remicade with Lupus, & all the research keeps pointing to steroids......

Sometimes I could just lock myself up in a room & never come out......but, then, I have no doors on any rooms, around here.

Good news about Joe's job!

Gotta go. I'll try to post more later. Love you all.........
Old 04-13-2005, 07:03 PM   #25  

Oh, Charlotte, that certainly wasn't what I was hoping to hear, and I'm sure you weren't either. On the plus side, a diagnosis of lupus doesn't mean what it used to. Also, did the doctor say what kind of lupus? From what I was reading, docs can't diagnose it by blood tests alone, but you have to have had four of the 11 criteria. From what I was just reading, you can get a positive blood test reading and still not have lupus.

I had to laugh at your door comment. I'm glad your sense of humor is intact. But what else can you do besides cry and I'm sure you've been there, and done that already. A woman fighting cancer on another forum I read said that she had two choices when faced with her diagnosis: "Rail against it and torture yourself and everybody else with "why me's," or just look deep inside yourself for the best you have to offer, and try to retain some dignity and grace." I'm betting that you have already railed against it in your heart of hearts (dang it all, I know I'm saying it IS unfair!), but that you'll continue to have faith and live that life of dignity and grace. Just know that when you want to have a well-deserved pity party, or when you just need to let someone know how tired you are of all of it, you can always come here and we'll lend a sympathetic ear. I hope your lunch with your daughter was fun.

SunnyD, don't worry about the CD's. Whenever you can get them would be wonderful. Yup, you're gettin' closer 50--I can tell. The memory is the first thing to go! Although if you see some of the commercials on TV, there just may be something else that's the first to go! I love that little wagging doggie--just to look at on a graphic, not to take home with me.

That's good news that Joe is okay for at least another year. Whew! And congrats on his getting the vote as shop steward.

So today I spent time over at the apartment getting it all clean. The management has a checklist of stuff you have to do including wiping down all the doors, baseboards, and cabinets with Murphy's Oil soap. That was rather a pain getting down to wipe the baseboards. Plus I washed the windows, cleaned the oven (I swear that most of that stuff was there when we moved in!), cleaned the refrigerator, scrubbed the toilets and did some other stuff for almost three hours, and I still have stuff to do. I have to figure out how to pull the stove out because I'm supposed to clean behind that. Think I'll save that fun job for my DH.

Okay, so we got three bids for pulling out shrubs. One bid was simply too high, then there's the middle bid where the guy would pull up the roots, then there's the low bid where the guy said that the roots are shallow and they'll just grind them up rather than pulling them up. When we had a couple of small trees removed in Boise, they did the grinding rather than pulling, and that turned out okay, but I'm just not sure. I used to work for the Federal gov't and I know what always taking the low bid can get you. Any suggestions?

Anyone been to Charleston, South Carolina? DH had two headhunters contact him from there, and there's also a potential in Lexington, KY. I've been to Cincinnati, which is right across the river from Kentucky and it looked really pretty. I had a huge sinus attack while I was in Cincinnati, though. We had another blow to the decision making that makes it less optional to take the severance incentive. Oh, well, we still have a little over a week to decide.

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday evening--the working week is almost over, Bluet!
Old 04-13-2005, 08:01 PM   #26  

We'll all see who gets voted off aI tonite. I personally don't care for Scott.cocky acting& never smiles.He sure seemed MAD last week when he was one of the bottom 3.
diet simple is 192 tricks, substitions, habits & inspirations to shed #s with little effort. Things we all know but to see how it works on weight lost in 1 year.REPLACE ONE THING FOR ANOTHER THING, such as soup for a start of a meal. You should go on the site & see. barnes&noble university. It's a free course. learning experience.
I am feeling fine now thanks gals.
Our cattle are all outside now. Clean barns this weekend. PHEW!!!!! Our neighbor spread manure today just a few yards away from the house, I was going to grill chicken breasts outside but couldn"t stand the smell with the wind in our direction THAT'S LIFE. Bonnie2
bon5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 02:01 PM   #27  

Good Morning,

Well, the sun is out again in Wisconsin, but the temps are still cool 30's at night and 50 during the day. But we will take it, better than below zero and snow. DH plans on starting to work the land this weekend. It is too cold for corn or alfalpha to go in the ground, but barley is ok to plant for the straw. So I will probably only see dh for a short time on Sunday when we go to church. That's ok it makes him happy to be so busy, and he has been a farmer at heart his whole life, it is impossible to get that out of his blood.

Oh Charlotte, all those things wrong with your poor little body, I am so sorry. Of course, I don't have to tell you how much I care and how concerned I am about you. I'll just keep praying that these problems don't give you a lot of pain and that a miraculous cure will be developed someday soon. Is your roof done or is dh still working on it?

Sheila, isn't that the way it is with life? Always a decision to make about something. Sometimes I wish I had that hindsight people always talk about. And then again, mabe not. Last year I cut some bushes down right even with the ground and covered the remaining stump with that black weed fabric screen and then spread decorative stones over the top. I put a few Hostas in first. You see that's how I am, I got tired of waiting for dh to get around to it and handled it the best way I knew how. As the roots rot and the ground starts caving in I will have to haul ground from someplace and fill in, but at least I got rid of the ugly bushes and of course "did it my way" I hope that the job problem gets resovled in a positive way for you and your dh.

Sunny, well how interesting that Bo was in the bottom three. I was wondering if that wasn't going to happen. Everyone concentrates on saving the ones they think are going home and forget to vote for the ones they think are probably going to win Idol. Well, at least Bo didn't go home. What do think about Nadia? I don't understand what they mean that the girl can't sing? She sounds awfully good to me. Of course I know only two things about music......either I like it or I don't like it. Those Ohio fans must be swamping the phone lines voting for Scotty the body. Well, looking forward to next week. Yeah Survivor is on tonight. If they merge, the men of the other tribe are going to save Stephanie. Anyway that is what they said last week. Why do you think those women on that tribe are so darn useless? Hey, great job on your excercise. Good for Joe that his job is safe.

Bonnie2, Ah the joys of living in the country. One of the reasons all my wash goes through the dryer and not hung out on the clothes line. We need some rain around here, can't believe I mentioned that out loud, but we do. Last year we had such a wet Spring, that everything was planted late and the growing season was too short. Not a great year crop wise.

Diane, how are you? Come on back and talk to us soon.

Well, got to go get some work done, lunch time is over.

Bluet
Bluet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 06:02 PM   #28  

Smile

Gals!

Well... I got in another 3 miles this morning It was a very COLD morning though... buuuurrrrrr only 33* --- the cold zaps me of energy --- when I come inside it takes all I have to stay awake cuz the warmth inside makes me feel sleepy. I am up to 21.27 miles for the month of April It was a beautiful day today - reaching temps into the 60's, but still not warm enough for me... waiting for those 70's

*~*~*

Hello Angel, Beautiful Graphics!

I am so very sorry that those test did not bring very good news your way Are all or any of these illnesses in your family genes? It just doesn't seem right that you have all these health issues. I have heard the same thing that Sheila has mentioned about Lupus, but I also have friends that live with it and are totally zapped of all their energy. I sure do hope and PRAY that your Dr's will be able to give you something to help. My heart just goes out to you, Charlotte, more then you know.

Your sense of humor will keep you going, without a doubt! I found myself chuckling when you said you'd hide behind a door IF YOU HAD A DOOR to hide behind

We ALL care for you very much! {{{Big Comforting Hugs}}} for you with Love...

Hi Sheila, Thank the Lord... I have no problems there Memory... well, I use to have a great one... now I fight to keep it --- it is very frustrating for me!! If I don't write it down, I seem to forget. I am not as bad as I was when I was real ill, but it's not where I was. I guess it is part of aging, but hard to accept. Thanks for your understanding.

I know what you meant about the apartment management and the check list...when my FIL was moved out of his apartment we had to clean it from top to bottom! What a mess he had that place in and we couldn't get his deposit back till they approved. It took 3 of us and allot of cleaners, but we did it. I KNOW your's isn't that bad... so you should be just fine.

I'd almost go with the last bidder, Sheila. The roots will eventually rot, especially if they grind them up. I think that's the way I'd go if I had to. Hope that helps some...

Yes, Joe & I have been to Charleston, S. Carolina... but it was for a vacation and it was a long time ago. If I recall, it was so beautiful there! And Cinn., Ohio is Beautiful too --- much warmer then where Joe & I live. But you are so right about the sinus attacks... Joe & I are always sneezing! Try *Google* for those areas using their image search and it should bring up some pictures of the area's you are searching out. Keeping you and DH in my prayers!

Hello Bluet, All the shows are NEW tonight *Survivor* *CSI* & *W/O a TRACE* --- *ER* is a repeat still I believe, but I will have to double check that... I know that Sheila watches *ER* & *W/O a TRACE*.

Yes, I thought it was interesting that Bo landed in the bottom 3 last night... but I was right about Scott and Nadia being there I had a feeling... as the night went on I told my hubby that Nadia was going. She looked so good last night, didn't she. I loved her dress! Well, I think that she wasn't consistently good... they look for an artist that can sing most anything and dance and even act. Allot of demand. I wouldn't worry about her --- I think that she will still go far, someone will pick her up. She IS good! Yep, Scott is on our news everynight, but I will be very surprised if he makes it much further. I would rather see him go before I see Bo go... I like Bo.

*Survivor* I think that the women are useless because they can be... they are dumb like foxes. If they can get away from doing things... they will --- that's okay... it WILL catch up with them!

How are you feeling I do hope that the sunshine we are getting is helping some. I know that my walking and getting out is really helping me. I just get real tired by 8pm and struggle to stay awake. Last night I caved and just recorded all my shows. I may be doing the same tonight. There's nothing worse then to watch a program 3/4 of the way through and then fall asleep missing the end

H Bonnie2, I have heard of that diet now that you mentioned it... I am glad that it's working for you.

I found myself laughing so hard when you mentioned wanting to BBQ, but the smell was so bad you couldn't. I remember that happening allot when my SIL had her farm... when her father would till the land or clean out the barns there was no way we could cook outdoors

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better now

Hello Diane, It's almost the weekend... time to jump in and let us know how your week has gone

*~*~*

Well, my Joe is home... and I have to get dinner ready
for him before he goes off to practice tonight.

SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 04-14-2005, 08:42 PM   #29  

Hi everyone,
Hope this evening finds you all feeling well.
Sunny...You're really getting in those miles, girl! I can't believe the temps dropped so low this morning! It was a little chilly here, yesterday, but, warm again today. We're really having some beautiful weather, lately. Yes, I'm totally zapped of my energy...that's why I complained to my Dr, which led to the testing. I knew something was going on. Just so fatigued all the time! As Sheila said....it's fine about the CD's...as long as we eventually get it. Every Monday I've had the engineer to tape "Tennessee Valley Now" & "Vision of Heaven". It's the only day "TVN" is 30 minutes....taping on a 1 hr tape. Something happens every Monday to mess up!! I don't want you all to see bloopers. Would like for you to see how it actually is suppose to be. Only, we don't have the Sports on Monday. Maybe soon, it'll turn out right.

Sheila...You're right about Lupus not being what it used to be. But, still very dangerous. I had a friend from the TV Station (younger than me) that died with Lupus last year. Her lungs crystalized. Lupus or RA doesn't kill you, but complications from it can. Kind of scarey....but, not going to spend my time worrying. I just need to not feel so fatigued, mostly.
I wouldn't know how to advise on the prices of your outside work. We always had to do everything ourselves. Didn't have much choice, money was & IS so tight. I'm sure you'll make the right choice.

Hi Bluet....don't worry about me, I'm fine. My LITTLE body????????? I LOVE YOU, GIRL!!!! Thank you for your prayers. & I DO love you!
My dh loves farming, too. He used to have 3 gardens. An early one, a regular one, & a late one. Just about worked me to death! Bless his heart...the last couple of years he hasn't had a garden at all....working on this house. I have to admit, I miss the veggies. Sometimes, someone thinks to give us something from the garden....but, most of the time...not. I guess they just haven't thought about it, because we always had so much.

Hi Bonnie-2....I'd like to visit your place, also. I'm sure it would've been rough grilling outside the other day! How's the diet going?

Well....gotta go. Love to you all. Tomorrow's TGIF!
Old 04-15-2005, 08:35 AM   #30  

Smile Tgif

Pink and White Dogwood Trees, Lexington, Kentucky

Good Morning Gals!
I got in my walk this morning of 2.5 miles
I am now up to 23.77 miles for April
My goal was 25 miles for April ~
I think I will go past it

*~*~*

It's so good to see you Charlotte, Thanks I am trying so hard to stay well. I just got an e-mail from my sister yesterday and she is now being tested for type 2 diabetes... she thought she may have it and went to have some bloodwork done. My father has type 2 and is not doing very well at all. So where am I going with this info... I don't want to join them! I am trying so hard to get better and then stay there, you know. When I walk, I feel so much better then if I don't. When I first go out and begin... I feel yucky but after about 15 min. I am in the swing of it It was 40* this morning... allot better the the 30* I walked in yesterday It's suppose to reach the 60's again today

I am looking forward to your tape Joe brought me the CD's last night - I hope to get them pkged and ready today to be mailed off I feel so bad that I am much later then I promised to begin with

How are you doing today? Have you heard anything new as to what the Dr's will do to help you feel better I am keeping you in my daily prayers, Charlotte. *God's Blessings*

So Bluet, What did you think of last nights shows? Colby is gone on *Survivor* I had a feeling he bit his nose off to spite his face when he went to Stephanie What was he thinking!!!

As for *CSI-Vegas* & *W/O a Trace* they are a bit of a blur... I will have to catch the reruns I was doing a project for Joe while watching and didn't really watch and see the shows, if you know what I mean I use to be able to do a project and still get the shows I was watching too, alas... another thing that seems to be going *ER* was a repeat...

*TGIF*

Sheila, Diane and Bonnie2... I do hope that you all are doing well today and have a good day

*~*~*

Time for me to grab a bite to eat
Later...
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*