Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 08:06 AM   #181  

Default Gm

Yawn..slept like Poopie last night . Or, as they say here, slept like garbage, I wonder how they know what garbage sleeps like? LOL anyhoo...Drinking my morning coffee , just had a C of cheerios with skim milk, will be having a C of watermelon, then gotta wash my hair and go...Oh boy..getting nervous. I feel like the freshman the first day of HS. Heather will be in a size 12 before Fall, I guarantee it, when she puts her mind to it, she succeeds. Tha hard part after that is keeping it off. I know from experience. But, you have to really change your life, and not think of it as a diet. well, wish me luck, I hope I can do this, lol..."I think I can..I think I can..I think I can....I KNOW I CAN!" there...talked myself right into it, BBL and HAGD !
Old 03-29-2005, 09:51 AM   #182  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Jill, I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. The open caskets are tough on the family; I'm not sure why that's done.

Man, since about 2:30am the cat kept coming into the room and meowing loudly about every half hour!! I felt like drop kicking her out the window. She's lucky I'm an animal lover.

Oh, Aimee, got my TOM too, isn't it lovely?? that, coupled with the lack of sleep is making me just a bit cranky. I have a weight loss journal, but it doesn't really have "Fabulous me" type entries. I'd probably benefit from that! heh heh. Start off with goal #1, don't answer the phone during TOM like you want to rip someone's head off!

Well, gotta go reheat my cup of java, then safety pin my eyelids open (just kidding, I use superglue).
Old 03-29-2005, 01:45 PM   #183  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

My grandma died suddenly in a car wreck when I was in college. I missed her so...Still do, though the "bite" is not as deep now, years later. My condolences, Jill. ((hugs)) Grandma's are special people and it's a shame when can't enjoy them longer.

It must have been noisy cat night, Marge. Our oldest, 16-year-old Siamese Elliott started loudly meowing in the hallway at 8:30am. With our nightowl schedule, that's about equivalent to your 2:30am wake-up call, LOL. I knew what he wanted before I even opened my eyes...Yup, I stumbled out of bed, made a quick pit stop with him then purring in addition to yowling, and then went to the kitchen to fill the water bowl. It was bone dry. Shame-faced here...I was a bad pet mommy and didn't have it full, poor kitty. They need a separate water bowl barricaded with their food, away from the dogs' reach.

Sorry I've been scarce, just felt blah yesterday with more headaches. Likely the only thing that will get rid of them is sinus surgery at this point, and I just don't want to do that. Yie.

I've stayed on plan since weigh-in day, though yesterday I didn't drink enough water. Some leftover turkey (or something) had my stomach in a bad way last night and I should have guzzled even more water to compensate. 'Course, a night spent running to the bathroom helped me lose 5lbs a couple weeks ago, right? Nahhh, I'd rather diet than lose that way!

Last edited by Gardenwife; 03-29-2005 at 01:54 PM.
Old 03-29-2005, 01:52 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

'morning! It's not a good one, I've spent the last hour and a bit in extreme pain, but still have to get ready for work. They REALLY cut my hours, so I gotta get every minute in... poop. Hopefully this day will go fast and I can get home for some quality time with my bed. Kimberley - I feel blah too... and I haven't even bothered with trying to get on plan, or stay on plan.. I don't see myself eating until after 6-7pm today. My tummy, back, sides, everything is so sore.. and I'm really whiney. This isn't a good start to being Fabulous is it? Take care gals, and I hope to feel better later!

-Aimee
Old 03-29-2005, 04:15 PM   #185  

hey all. just wanted to jump on really quick before the kids and their activities get the better of me....lol.
Ive noticed that quite a few of us are having TOM....mine's due today, so Im waiting for it. I hope chocolate won't be necessary..lol. I do hope to all that are on it that arent feeling well that you feel better soon..I dont have too many problems w/ it, other than crying my eyes out for no reason...wait, i do that anyway..lol.
awwwww..thanks Di, you are such my sweetie. I hope I can keep it off too, but now that I don't smoke, and Im no longer married to my ex POS(lololol) I hope that those are good reasons to keep it off.
As far as my journal, I dont think I have more than one page of good things in it..lol. there is a lot of failures, and a lot of what i can do better.
okay, so here's my rant for the day and the power of the heavyset group. I had to take a test in my fitness walking class. we had to walk a 1mile in 15 min. he told me that because of my age(34) and my wt(260) that I should try and get it done in around 20 minutes. Well, showed him, cause I did it in 15:48. of course i had incredibly painful shin splints during and after..lol.
well, i will go for now. i will try and bbl. hagd all! (((((((all of you)))))))
Old 03-29-2005, 04:20 PM   #186  

Default Hi Ladies

hey all, Curves was so much fun, and what a workout...I sweat my heiny off...I think it is because, for 30 mins u are in constant movement. I am so glad I am doing this.
Sorry that you guys are not feelign well. a month back, I had the flu so bad thought i was gonna die. Then had a super-duper TOM, ...
hope everyone is feeling better soon...Gotta run, HAGD!
Old 03-29-2005, 04:29 PM   #187  

Default wtg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamswife0807
awwwww..thanks Di, you are such my sweetie. I hope I can keep it off too, but now that I don't smoke, and Im no longer married to my ex POS(lololol) I hope that those are good reasons to keep it off.
As far as my journal, I dont think I have more than one page of good things in it..lol. there is a lot of failures, and a lot of what i can do better.
okay, so here's my rant for the day and the power of the heavyset group. I had to take a test in my fitness walking class. we had to walk a 1mile in 15 min. he told me that because of my age(34) and my wt(260) that I should try and get it done in around 20 minutes. Well, showed him, cause I did it in 15:48. of course i had incredibly painful shin splints during and after..lol.
well, i will go for now. i will try and bbl. hagd all! (((((((all of you)))))))
You go girl!!! you show that jock what us fat chicks are capable of, who cares if ya can't walk the rest of the day becuz u are now crippled... Today, I think the girl who showed us around didn't think I was capable of doing so good either, but I showed her...just because we are fat doesn't mean we are lazy... well will look for you tonight, maybe we can meet up for a game...Love ya hon!
Old 03-29-2005, 08:32 PM   #188  

I came home early, and am feeling MUCH better. I was just SO drained and didn't have the strength to last the entire day at work. Tomorrow will be easier, as I'm calling customers for 4 hours to let them know about a sale.

I dunno about that Diana - I *AM* lazy! teehee... Unfortunately I can't be anymore, my arch enemy is losing weight like crazy and has almost caught up to me! I have to shed some of this weight.. plus do you realize how quickly summer is coming up ?? I've convinced my bf to take me running/jogging 2 times a week, combined with Tae-Bo (I've taken the last few days off cuz I can barely stand, nevermind workout!), I'll beat her!! I'm evil...muhahaha! My Fabulous way of life will have to start tomorrow, I just do not have the strength to get a workout in, and I've already eaten bad today (I've had a blueberry muffin, and some coffee). I love my idea.. I think I've gotten my mom on the bandwagon. She's having problems with her boyfriend, and so I told her not to do ANYTHING until she feels Fabulous. Many problems with significant others stems from not feeling Fabulous. lol, do you guys hate that word yet?

-Aimee
Old 03-29-2005, 08:51 PM   #189  

Talking Lol

Aimee, u crack me up ...U are a trip...I love it. I agree with what u say though, about feeeling fabulous, because when you don't men, at least the creeps, know it and come sniffin around . I started feeling better about myself and then, I met my DH and he can be the sweetest guy in the world...I lucked out . I did great until after dinner today, He opened a bag of Starburst, and we have pretty muck consumed half the bag...Hmm did not know that there would be a world wide shortage of Starburst...and they would never again be available! Sometimes I could just kick myself. But, u learn from these blunders and move on...Am thinking of investing in this Hula Hoop they sell at Curves, it is weighted and has foamy material all around it. Would give me a little extra to do at home. I think she has to order more...
Well am off like a fart in a windstorm, gotta get to bed early tonight, am so tired...TTFN!
Old 03-29-2005, 11:16 PM   #190  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Just catching up here, smiling at your posts. Good for you on your walking test, Heather! My 20-minute mile is what whacked out my knee several weeks ago. The things we do to ourselves, eh?

I think I'll start back up on my walking by doing so at the YMCA. They have a wonderful mezzanine with a cork-floored track overlooking one of the gyms; 18 times around the track is a mile, and each day they alternate the direction people are to walk/run. I think the track is just slightly slanted so you're using different muscles, maybe? Either that or our bodies benefit from the change in direction for some other reason. Watching people play basketball or do other sports below will make it interesting, too. And in the summer they keep it cool...Yay! I'm all over THAT.

Today's been a good OP day for me, but I need to drink more water still. Tomorrow we're working out in the yard. Howie already did a lot of clean-up on our back patio and the side of our house, but I was headachey and didn't go outside in the bright sun (what a drag to miss the sun!). Tomorrow we're hitting around 70 degrees and I'm getting my butt outside, headache or no.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:04 AM   #191  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Feeling much better today, and we didn't lose any clients yesterday, so looking good all around. The sun is shining, the air is fresh, the Albanian racketeers in Queens have been arrested, can't ask for much more than that. Got some sleep last night; Rob's theory is the cat's hormones are out of whack because her coat is changing for the spring.

I don't blame you for not wanting surgery, but maybe it'll be worth doing it and getting it behind you and getting rid of the sinus problems.

Hey, I think all of us already have lots of fabulousness. Adding more fabulousness is like icing on the cake! (sorry for that analogy, it gave me a sweets craving!). And you sure don't sound lazy to me, Aimee! You tae bo queen, you!

I'm still hovering at the 1/2 hour mile, sometimes 25 minute mile, heh heh. My walks are probably less for real aerobics and more for circulation and just to get outdoors and move. The Y here has a track too, looks a little slanted. I'm not sure how busy it gets, but on the day I took the tour it was completely empty. People like to jog in the park, which is about 3 blocks up the street. Lots of people bike and rollerblade there too. There's a huge paved loop that's closed to traffic on weekends.

Have a great one, all. You deserve it!
Old 03-30-2005, 01:14 PM   #192  

Morning! I am awake... barely!

Marge - you are too sweet... but I am lazy.. it's unfortunate really. Today I woke up at 8am, went back to sleep until 9:30am, and then made breakfast, and have my lunch cooking to take to work. I'll walk to the bus stop, and then work for 4 hours (sitting down today), and then come home, I might walk up my mountain as I'm feeling pretty lazy, and then tonight I probably won't do much, watch "America's Next Top Model", and go to bed around 10ish (I'm SO tired!). Thats a pretty lazy day! I should do laundry, dishes, clean... when I think about all the things I should do, thats when I start to think I'm lazy.

I was thinking about that 1 mile thing, and I figured out that 1 mile = 1.6 km's. I normally walk 1.3 km's to my bus stop, and then from the skytrain to my work is about 0.7 of a km. Hmm, my normal walking route is 2km's, and that takes me usually 18 minutes. 2km's = 1.2 miles. I wish I was a little better at math, cuz then I could figure out my mile! Whoops, all this mile talk has me running a little late!

-Aimee
Old 03-30-2005, 01:43 PM   #193  

Talking Hello all

hey everyone , day # 2 of Curves, went at 7:30 this morning, and did a great workout, actually kind of jogged in place at the stations between each machine. I love it..It really is fun..Not a chore...then walked Scotty ( my dog) .6 mi when I got home. I look at walking this way, it shouldn't matter how fast you go, as long as you get out and do it. Some people speed walk, ( to me most of them look really foolish the way they do it, the lady down the street for example, she swings her arms way up to her head and takes HUGE long wide steps...hard to describe, but funny to watch . Then you see the ones who look like they are trying to hold in a turd or something ) but, what do I know. I think quality and quantity counts as much as how fast you are going. Some people take it to extremes. And for what? is my question. Sure, you should walk at a moderate to fast pace, but who cares if you don't qualify for the Olympics . Well, am off, have to get my home in order sometime this week, may as well be today! HAG1...
Old 03-30-2005, 02:00 PM   #194  

Diana - I'm addicted to working hard, I think it's a disease, or possibly just too many years of competition. I started swimming when I was, hmm, 4-5? And I've almost always trained for something, which is probably why I always have to be faster. I agree about quantity, you want to be doing something consistently, but whats the fun of doing something if you don't see an improvement in your time or distance? I think also some people just don't need that as a motivation... like my mom... and then there are people like me.. always have to see SOME kinda improvement. A little OT, as a little girl I dreamed of swimming in the Olympics And while you are cleaning, how about you pop by my house?

Alrighty ladies! I am off to work, wooweee! Don't forget to be Fabulous!!

-Aimee
Old 03-30-2005, 06:27 PM   #195  

Talking hey all..quiet here today eh?

Aimee~ yes, consistant is they key I think..And sure, kicking it up a notch with something different from time to time is wonderful...I guess I see it that, too many times, people feel they have to kill themselves to stay healthy, and, in the long run, they really do end up killing themselves for it. I think if you workout consistently at a moderate to fast pace 5 days a week, then you will be pretty well off. Most people aren't consistent, and get bored easily. I am now looking forward to going to the gym every day, and can't wait to go in the morning...Now, tell me to go walk every day, and I will have to go do my nails or something. tell me to go walk a treadmill, and I will DEFINITELY go do something else...I think it should be fun as well as beneficial..And on that note...
gotta go and vacuum then will be done..HAGN all!
Closed Thread