Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 02:17 AM   #166  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Kylie, those hills look killer, but they're sure pretty. I wish we had produce and meat vendors like that, people who specialized in an area and really took pride in the products they are selling. Here it's mostly mega-marts with produce grown for long shelf life, not flavor.

Aimee, I watched What Not To Wear, also. That second one tonight, with the mullet lady...Wow! That was quite the turn around for her, and I felt SO good for her!
Old 03-26-2005, 02:18 AM   #167  
Howie6267's Honey

I'm going through withdrawal already!! Y'all know my website - stop by and e-mail me.
Old 03-27-2005, 01:27 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

We are BACK!! Hoppy Easter (that was likely the most cheesy thing I've ever said!)

-Aimee
Old 03-27-2005, 01:44 PM   #169  
Howie6267's Honey

It was eggsactly that, very high on the cheese-o-meter...

I have turkey breast in the oven, green bean casserole and russet potatoes ready to follow shortly. Our house smells wonderful. A bowl of Kashi GoLean with some frozen blueberries is both tiding me over and tasting pretty darned good here for breakfast.
Old 03-27-2005, 02:24 PM   #170  

I haven't eaten breakfast yet, I am suffering from those monthly cramps, and am waiting for the pain killers to kick in. Until then I am satisfied to not eat. We will head to my bf's parents place later for some dinner, taxes and playtime with his niece. Hopefully we'll find out that I get lots of cash back from taxes and that the bf doesn't have to pay (yah right!).

I've been doing some talking with my friend who is a designer, and we had talked earlier about opening a little boutique, or designing something for plus size women that they can't find anywhere else. We chatted yesterday about that, and the idea of opening a store... it's pretty scary! Our idea would be to have classic plus size clothes, like suits, cocktail dresses, etc. I don't know, we'll see.. I do think plus size women need to take better care of themselves, and need to know the basics. I think it comes down to everything changes when you are larger, makeup, hair, and the types of fabrics and styles. Would you buy a book like that?

Alrighty, I'm feeling a bit better, so I'm going to go get some food! Hope you all have a great day!

-Aimee
Old 03-27-2005, 09:36 PM   #171  
Howie6267's Honey

That more career and upscale plus-size store sounds neat. If you could come up with inventory of beautiful mother of the bride dresses, for instance, I bet many ladies would appreciate that. What store is it you work for now?

The turkey was really good today, and I didn't go overboard on the green bean casserole. That wouldn't be so fattening if it wasn't for those tasty little fried onions.

Anyone watching that "World's Strongest Boy" documentary on Discovery tonight? I read an update about him tonight here It's really sad what some parents do to their kids.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:14 AM   #172  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Good morning, all.

Rob bought some chocolate against all orders! so after having a few too many Dove chocolate Easter eggs yesterday, I made him pack it all up and he's either thrown it away or hid it. As long as it doesn't pass my lips, I'm ok with it. I made a low-fat ham and potato casserole for dinner that just was horrible, heh heh, we threw away that whole thing. Bad judgement on my part! At least my exercise was good. Got my TOM this morning too. Whew!

I think selling the plus size clothes are a good idea. I agree that I feel my clothes and hair needs are different, being larger sized. I tend to like classic styles, since I'm not very good at following trends. I'd prefer to have clothes that last longer. Good luck!! That's exciting.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:20 AM   #173  

Smile

Morning all, and happy belated Easter! I had family here, including inlaws from out of town. It went actually really well, and my youngest sister(who mind you is 32) started a food fight w/ my kids..which got my father involved...my couch has never seen so much cool whip...lol.
I ate as best as I could, did have a couple of things here and there that wasn't on my core plan, but I did have a few points left over for the week. I weighed myself this morning, and I have lost another 3 pounds!!! I am so excited, and had to jump on to share it w/ you. So it was just on top of one good piece of news after another that I have received the past day and a half!
Now I ask for your help. My birthday is coming up, and I love cake. I was hoping someone might have a killer recipe for a cake that isnt too terribly fattening, so I may have a nice cake and devour it too.. Did I say devour? I meant eat a very tiny piece and be satisfied.....nah, I meant devour..lol. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Well, I wish all of you a terrific day! I am sending you good thoughts, and encouragement! All of you are a great bunch of ladies, and you are all giving me what I need to reach my goal. I hope I can do the same for you. Im off right now. I have to write some parts to a song for class tomorrow. I'll check back later this evening.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:30 AM   #174  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

First, congrats on the 3lbs! Crazy Banana

A good cake to make is angel food cake, with a fruit topping.

You might want to try the recipes for cake on this site, under low fat. I have found one great recipe (chocolate cheese cake), one bad recipe, for a casserole (see above).
Old 03-28-2005, 11:55 AM   #175  

Talking Gm!

HELLOOOO! happy day after blah blah blah ....Anyhoo...Heather, WTG! And either Angel Food like suggested, or, what we do, is we go to the store, and buy the individual pieces of cake one for each person, then when they are gone, they are gone, no leftovers..Only time I bake is for other pple's birthdays...Making my famous carrot cake in 2 weeks for his mom's bday, but that is SINFUL...Or go to my favorite recipe site and look up cakes, low fat kind and see what happens there, I know I have give u the link, but here it is again:
www.recipezaar.com
I love that site, they have ppl review all of the recipes, and most every one I have ever tried has been good. and u can store in a cookbook your faves.
I didn't do too badly this weekend. DH took me out for salad and a puizza at our fave place Saturday, they make the BEST pizza I have ever eaten in my life, they make individual 4 cuts there...so fresh, YUM . Made ham dinner yesterday for us, but only had one plate, not too bad, and we had NO CHOCOLATE for the first time ever...
Start CURVES tomorrow, I am nervous and excited both if that makes any sense...
Great idea about the clothes, Aimee...I will not need them, because after I lose this flab, I will never have to buy plus-size again, my big problem is taller sizes, I hate short pants, and short sleeves on coats ( my arms are always too long)..I hate it that they never make women's sized slothing fit appropriately, especially TSHirts, I buy mens..I hate the way women's fit.
Well, am off, hagd all, bbl!
Old 03-28-2005, 01:41 PM   #176  

Goodmorning! Today is the bf's bday, and I think we are going to spend the day out, so this will be a quick one. Easter dinner was also the bf's bday dinner, so we ended up having lasagna, caesar salad, with garlic bread (sourdough garlic bread). It was alright and I managed to not go overboard with dinner.... just everything else. Like I ate chips for the first time in months, we finished half a shrimp ring, not to mention the antipasto loaf. Oh man, TOM started yesterday, so I was REALLY lucky, because I just can't eat as much and probably ate half as much as I normally would have. I gotta get on plan, or my plans for surfing this summer just won't work out.

Congrats Heather! 3 pounds is awesome!!

Diana - the store I work in has t-shirts that go to my knee's, I wear the "shortest" t-shirt and it hits midway down muh big belly But most are longer than that. As for longer length pants, I have a friend who is 6 feet tall and manages to find pants in my store, and when I was smaller I had issues with finding pants long enough, but the GAP sells pants with longer lengths.

The bf is bugging me to get ready, so I am off!!

-Aimee

Kimberley - I work at Penningtons.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:17 PM   #177  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Hope everyone had a great Easter! Mine was good, despite the bad news from the day before. On Saturday morning, my mother called to say my grandmother had passed away very early that morning. I tried to keep it out of mind while I spent Easter with Jeff's family. Then this morning, I took an early flight up to Connecticut (where my parents live), and I will be here until Friday afternoon. The viewing is tomorrow night, and the service is on Wednesday. I hate funerals. Not that I know anyone who particularly enjoys them, but I absolutely can not stand the open casket. I want to remember people in the happy times, not see them all stiff and painted up to look alive...sorry, I'm being quite descriptive and depressing. Moving on...

Well, on a lighter side, I get to see a lot of family I haven't seen in a long time (last time I was up here was Thanksgiving). I wish it were for a happier occassion, but I will take it. Sorry to bring everyone down...

Aimee--a shop sounds awesome! I know my mother is very frustrated trying to find a mothjer-of-the-bride outfit that is NOT black or navy blue for my sister's wedding next March. Think COLOR!

Well, I best be off--aunt and uncle are here, and my mother is yelling at me to get off the computer (what am I, 12?!--I have only been on for about 5 minutes and just want to finish this post! Can you tell my mother and I do not always see eye-to-eye?). Must stay away from all of the food in the house--smell the flowers instead
Old 03-28-2005, 04:54 PM   #178  

LOL @ Aimee..WTG with the eating yesterday...I would love to find long TShirts, I hate short ones..And I am looking forward to wearing jeans again..
I am So sorry to hear of your Grandmother, Jill...I hate funerals too, I hate open caskets. But am sorry for your loss...Don't let your Mother get you upset, parents have that way sometimes...
Well, am off, bbl!
Old 03-28-2005, 08:06 PM   #179  

Jill - I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma, anbd hope all goes well this week.

Diana - I still ate bad yesterday.. don't get me wrong.. and my scale probably says 80 billion pounds today... plus I'm so bloated and sore.. so itmight not all be the food.. either way, I'm staying FAR FAR away from it.

I was doing some thinking about what I want, from life, from myself.. etc... I realized that I'm just not Fabulous enough! I'm going to take April to make myself more Fabulous! I'm going to start a journal, and make little goals for each day to make myself Fabulous from the inside out, and from top to bottom. I'm 25, my life should rock right now.. it should rock at any age really... today's the day!

I am heading back to the bf and his day, ta-ta!

-Aimee
Old 03-28-2005, 10:33 PM   #180  

well, i wanted to say nite all before heading out. JIll, youre family is in my thoughts tonite and Im sorry for your loss.
Aimee, I keep a journal too. I write what I eat, what i do for workouts, what ive eaten thats not good, and my thoughts about the whole process. I even put a pic on the front of a time when I wasnt as heavy as I am, just for incentive. ITs a great thing to have.
Thanks all for the ideas/webbies for cake recipes. Im going to check them out after classes tomorrow.
Well, Im gone for the night. Sleep sweet all, and I'll see you tomorrow(hopefully)
~Heather
Closed Thread