Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 06:32 PM   #196  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Hey all,

Hardest part is over...the viewing and funeral are behind me. And the pasta salad, cookies, peanut butter chocolate cake, homemade mac n cheese, brownies, etc. are now in my behind, so I didn't deal so well with all the food around. Ahh well, can't do anything about it now but move forward and do better. Of course, to top it off, TOM starts tomorrow, so I am hard-core PMS-ing

On a sunnier side, I did get to see one of my best friends from high school today for the first time in over a year. I also got to see a friend from high school at the viewing yesterday (her family owns the funeral home, so she was working in an office upstairs and stopped to say hi). Tomorrow, I'm also going to see a friend from high school who had actually gone to my college with me for a semester (which is where we got pretty close)--I haven't seen him in well over 2 years, so that should be nice, too. It sucks to be here under such sad circumstances, but at least I get to catch up with some people

While I'm enjoying NOT working this week, I'll be glad to get back to my normal busy schedule next week. Well, keep truckin', everyone!
Old 03-30-2005, 07:04 PM   #197  

WB Jill, again ss about your Grandmother...And I can just imagine the food situation, but, once you are back in your own environment, you will be better...We have missed seeing your smiling face here..have fun with your friend, and see you ...
Old 03-30-2005, 07:22 PM   #198  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

I remember how people loved on us with food when my grandma died. And right when the comfort of a starchy-cheesy dish sounds good, too.

Today was Work In the Yard day for Kimberley. Howie went out around Noon, I think, but I didn't get up until the crack o' one. I ended up working out there for three and a half hours, and I feel it. It was lots of cutting back dead vegetation and clearing beds of leaves and last year's dried-up leftover stems and such.

Oh, and I made round II of poop reconnaisance, LOL. Howie went through de-pooping the yard first, and said he probably missed some so I should go over it a second time. Oh, the joys of two dogs! Seeing Emma and Sarah stretched out on the patio in the sun, though...Priceless.

I did lots of bending over and walking today between the flower beds and the clean-up duty. I think I got more of a workout today than I ever would have at the pool. My fingers and arms are really feeling it, so are my hips and lower back!

Still, we all needed the sunshine and it was nice to enjoy it while we could, for rain's moving in tonight.

I thought of your phrase "like a fart in a windstorm" as I cooked dinner, Diana; I cooked up some low-fat turkey sausage and cabbage! Lookout, she's gonna blow! It's really good, with just a bit of crushed red pepper seed for heat, plus a bit of fennel seed in with the garlic and onion. I added a can of low-salt chicken broth and then thickened it all with a little corn starch. I enjoyed most of the soup part myself.

Last edited by Gardenwife; 03-30-2005 at 07:26 PM.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:38 PM   #199  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Jill - I was thinking of you earlier.. glad to hear things are alright... considering. It's nice to catch up with high school friends... sometimes it really reminds me of how much I've grown.

Kimberley - oh man, yard work is killer, you use muscles you didn't even know existed!! Glad to hear you were out in the sun, get that Vitamin D (I think thats the one?), I walked to the bus in the sun today.. it was SO warm. I loved it! I was planning to walk up my mountain when I came home.. but I'm now convinced that the bf and I have a touch of the stomach flu. There is no other reason why we could both be this sick in the tummy.. I made the mistake of hiking up the mountain once when I was getting over the flu (I had been throwing up in the morning, but walked in the afternoon)... oh my.. when I got home, I basically collapsed. Silly silly me.

I still feel like crap, but I'm hungry! I really haven't eaten anything today, so it makes sense.. I'm just so lazy and don't feel like cooking.. maybe I'll trek up to the store for some Ginger Ale. Have a good night.. I'll probably be back when I'm not so darn whiney!

-Aimee
Old 03-30-2005, 10:49 PM   #200  

LOL @ Kimberly...that was funny about the Cabbage. I love Cabbage, my DH hates it, I guess we very different when it comes to foods...Here, they eat a lot of Italian type foods, I was used to a wider variety, as in German, mexican, Sit down Chinese restaurants, good old American Home cooking. He never ate the way I did. I have slowly incorporated things, but cabbage he does not like. Aimee, boy sure hope u are feeling better hon...I feel GREAT!!! The best I have felt in like, FOREVER! well, off to never land...TTFN
Old 03-31-2005, 12:13 AM   #201  
Howie6267's Honey

I still have the windows open as long as it's not yet raining. The breeze smells fresh, fertile and lovely.

Hope you feel better, Aimee. I ate something bad a couple days ago, or had a mild bug. Easy way to lose weight, but who'd not rather diet than sit cramping on the pot all evening? Hands?

Didn't think so.

Old 03-31-2005, 01:43 AM   #202  

Kimberley - I'm putting on weight everyday I wish it was having the other effect... but no such luck for me! I think it's a mild stomach flu, I've been eating fine, there isn't anything that i've been eating that could be making me feel sick. I did walk up to the store, and when I got back I was completely drained and so I spent the rest of the evening in bed.. teehee.. I need a lap top so I never have to leave bed except to pee!! Thats evil!

Diana - come nurse me back to health... hehe.. I need a MOM, I am not good at being sick. But who really is good at being sick?

So hey, how are we all doing with this weight loss crap? I need to refocus my energy and get down to business! I will go grocery shopping on Saturday, and prep my house for quitting sugar and wheat... and then I have to approach exercise. I realize that I haven't done Tae-Bo since Thursday! Ack, thats far too long! If I'm feeling any better tomorrow I'll try and get some exercise time in.. I don't know if I should go to work, I'll figure that out in the morning.. my tummy is WAY too upset currently, but if I just don't eat until I'm off work tomorrow.. It can't kill me not to eat for 24 hours will it? Alrighty, that doesn't sound good. I need an attitude adjustment!

Fabulous! teehee.. okay I'm insane.. I'm going to bed.. nite

-Aimee
Old 03-31-2005, 03:07 AM   #203  
Howie6267's Honey

I feel puffy, good old PMS week. I have a feeling I've not lost one bit this last week despite even being under on my calories several days. This is how I'm feeling right now, kinda pasty white and puffy (only not dancing)!

Still, I've eaten good foods and stayed on plan - If I don't lose, I don't lose. I've still done something good for myself, you know?

You can do it, Aimee. I don't want to sound like some infomercial here, but you know what I mean. We fabulous women are just that way.
Old 03-31-2005, 10:20 AM   #204  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Good morning from the eastern side of the states. All this talk about cleaning got me to dust off my desk today, which I really needed to do. I had this roommate when I first came to NY. She was in grad school, thin (an ex-gymnist), nicely dressed, make up on including lipstick. She turned out to be the biggest slob in the freakin' world! She made Oscar Madison look like an amateur. Piles of clothes, dirty dishes. I liked her as a person, but whew! When she moved out she did it with garbage bags..... So everyone else I meet that may be sloppy always pales in comparison.

Hey, Jill, how often to you get to go home? When I first moved to NYC I flew back to CA about twice a year. It's a 5 hour flight, sometimes longer. Once I stupidly booked a Southwest flight that had two stopovers and it took me 13! Enough time to go to Australia!

Mmmm, I love mac and cheese, and I love cabbage. We have a big Polish community in our neighborhood and the local Polish store sells stuffed cabbage rolls. I love those things. They sell dumplings too, about 10 varieties. Babka, and all kinds of cold cuts. Ok, enough about food!! (My nephews call farts fluffers, btw, heh heh.)

I've been good this week. Op (after Sunday's chocolate od that is) foodwise. I took my mile walk every day but Tues, when it was pouring rain all day. I added some time to my marching in place. Tomorrow I weigh in and I expect good news. I want to finally get rid of that "3" that's been on my ticker for way too many weeks now!!

Bf is in an evil mood this morning. Is there a male version of PMS? He has it.

This Saturday is Scottish heritage week here in NY; I think I might go check it out.

Aimee, hope you get over the bug quick. I hate stomach flu, you get hungry, then feel sick if you eat. Blah! And TOM sufferers, I feel your pain.

Last edited by dragonwoman64; 03-31-2005 at 10:25 AM.
Old 03-31-2005, 10:32 AM   #205  

Morning all! Hope you are either all feeling well, or on your way soon. I don't know if Im op or not, because Im still not exactly sure how it worked..lol. but I don't go over my weekly points, I workout everyday, and I'm thankful for both.
I'm on my way out of town for a few days. We are going to visit DH family in MO. The kids are excited, and IM just hoping I make it through the trip w/out getting carsick
I am nervous about all the food, but I have to brave this new lifestyle in the real world sooner or later!
Well, I better get going. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, I will jump on when Im back on Sunday, and I will be thinking of you all. Be safe, be healthy, and have fun!
Old 03-31-2005, 12:00 PM   #206  

'Morning! Things are unsettled on the stomach front here, and I just can't force myself to call in sick. I'm already in so much trouble at work that I feel like if I call in sick it'll just make things worse for me, but on the other hand, whats the point in going into work if I'm going to spend my whole shift in the bathroom or sitting down? And why the HECK is this so difficult?!?

Kimberley - with my quest to be Fabulous, I've come to the conclusion thats its true.. if you don't lose you just don't lose. But I'm also convinced by changing your focus to being Fabulous, rather than "I need to lose weight", weight will just fall off. The better we feel about ourselves, and the better we FEEL, the easier it is to lose weight! So you be Fabulous, from the inside out.. or the outside in.. either way, it'll work! I do sound like an infomercial... but I need to spread the word! hehe

Marge - I think it's a good idea to clean your house out at the beginning of each season, like a GOOD clean. I'm looking forward to "spring clean" here, which is when you can dump as much garbage as you need to clean house. I have so many things that just need to go out... like old christmas boxes.. I'm hoping this stupid arsed stomach flu goes away.. I do not enjoy being sick at all. But I'm going to try the no eating thing, I might drink some water.. but everything that enters my stomach hurts! Grrr!!

Heather - they make these wrist bands which are supposed to help with car sickness, I've used them before.. seemed to work out alright. My friend swears by them! They apply some kind of pressure somewhere on your wrist.. I'm not actually sure about the science of it. Anyways! I hope you have a great time, and I am sure you will do fine with food

As for me? I still haven't made up my mind about work, but I have about an hour until I need to decide.. I'm going to hop back into bed until then.. bbl!

-Aimee
Old 03-31-2005, 02:46 PM   #207  

Default hey...

hello gals!
Heather is gone...she deserves a vacation, whew we all do I guess...

Marge...you are making me hungry for that food , I used to live in Polish Village in Toledo, and there was a man who had a shop that made the BEST home made kielbasa I have ever had...I love stuffed cabbage..YUM!!! and, while at the Scottish Fest, if you see any scotty dogs, think of me, I have a scotty!!

Great outlook, Kimberley...and we call our farts, Toots!!

Aww, poor Aimee, you are like our little sis here, I bet we would all take care of you if we could...Have you tried drinking Ginger ale? Always helps me out.

My neighbor is gone, he is finally all moved out , my DH is so exhausted from helping him! he has had 2 months to pack, and left it all for this week, and had to be out by 12 today..he had NOTHING packed, and had ....are you ready...4.5 uhaul truckloads of JUNK ( the medium Uhaul)..and when my DH said junk he meant junk, as in stuff that is all broken, and not worth anything...a pack rat to the extreme. and on top of it, he did not move anything, he watched everyone else do it ( 2-3 other friends of his) ( I would have left) and the entire 12 years he and his ex-wife ( she left him last year for a younger man, but that is another story), lived there, they never really cleaned it well, we're talking hair under beds that is from 12 years worth of pile-up... dirt on the sills that is so old it is sticky...GROSSSSS...I like to really give my house a good cleaning every season too...baseboards, under furniture, etc...I hate grime. Glad to have the guy go, he was the kind of guy who felt everything he had or did was the best, his marriiage was the best etc...yeah, see where that got him eh? Sad...really...

My MIL is bothering me ...She is on the kick at the gym where, while I am working my A off and sweating like a pig, feeling great about it the whole time, she says "Eh, this is too easy for me, I don't even sweat..."..well, great, stay home then I want to say...I am there to work myself hard and lose this flab for once and for all...Not to be pretty.UGH!!!!!! Next week I will go alone, if she shows up while I am there, that's okay...but geez...she got a bit of an ego when she got her weight off to say the least. She was never thin..I was once, a LOOOOOONG time ago...I just want to be healthy and feel good..not win a beauty award...
well, am off, sorry for the rambling lol...

HAGD! going to go and make that Chicken Chili recipe they have listed here, hope it's good...will let you know...
Old 03-31-2005, 03:55 PM   #208  
Howie6267's Honey

Oh, mercy...I am feeling yesterday's yard workout! The backs of my thighs are so sore, but in a perverse way, that makes me happy, you know? It means I used 'em.

Today was supposed to be rainy, but that changed. The sun's shining brightly and the thunderstorms forecast never materialized. We just got some rain early this morning and it's really blustery today. I can deal with that!

Despite my confident words earlier this morning, I am kind of reticent about my weigh-in. I'd like to see a loss, even though I know I've been on plan either way.
Old 03-31-2005, 05:54 PM   #209  

Kimberley - how consistent has your plan been? Have you lost all 41 pounds by doing the same thing? And is it possible your body is getting used to eating the same thing? My mom is constantly stalling with her weight loss and is finding she has to change things up every couple of months to keep the weight coming off. And it doesn't want to come off at all, she's losing less than 1 pound each week. I think you should try the 1 a day weight smarts, it's only 11 bucks here.. so it can't be much there.. but it seems to add just the right things to get my body to lose some weight. It's a multivitamin... don't make me try peer pressure with you Come onnnnnn you know you waaaaannna!

Diana - I don't know how you MIL isn't sweating from Curves, don't you work at your own pace? Can't you work it harder if you wanna? You know, I work with a girl who lost 100 pounds (but put 40 back on), and she got quite the ego on her... thinks she knows everything about weight loss. It annoys me, because she tries and tells me what to do for MY body.. well I've lived in this body for 25 years, I think I know it better than her! Ugh, people eh!

I am feeling better.. who knew 3 extra hours of sleep would help so much! I just ate some yogurt, and it settled just fine! Yay! Maybe I'm all better! I talked to my brother about my work crap, and he told me to quit and he'd "lend" me money until I was established with another job.. I can't tell you how good that feels!! It means I don't have to put up with their crap, it means I don't have to be treated badly, and it gives me back some dignity. I have a great brother.. I am off.. bbl!

-Aimee
Old 03-31-2005, 06:50 PM   #210  

Default Chicken chili was...

Fabulous, though I would like a little more substance to it, maybe add some corn next time, and more spice, we like it hot..
Aimee~ so glad to hear u are feeling alive, and that you will be ablt to say "Take this job and SH--- It!" that is always a good feeling when others aren't treating you well...

I agree, maybe you are at a standstill, Kimberley..And are you getting 7-8 hrs of sleep a night? that is vital too...maybe you need to change something to get things going again...not that I would know, lol...Try those vitamens, I will be.

As for my dear MIL...yes, she is a good person, but I can only take her in very small doses, and she is annoying sometimes, like when she is saying stuff like that..Yes, CURVES is a go at your own pace thing, well, I am pushing myself beyond that. I just feel that I would rather be alone while there, than have her say that stuff...I want to just say "great, no sweat? well go home and count your shoes or something"...I mean, I go at it so much the sweat is literally pouring off of me. That's a good thing right? or is it just that I am a queer and should not be sweating at all? I wonder sometimes if it is just me ...Her ego is so maxed sometimes. I see that. Everyone does. I just hate that. It's great to be confident, annoying to be overly confident, ya know? I mean, I was nominated for Homecoming queen, and I have dated A TON of great looking men in my life, and my DH is a gorgeous one, so even at my heaviest which is now, I must still have something, but arrogance has never been it . I just don't get that at all...There were 2 snottie old bitties there this morning who stared at me the whole time, well, I stared right back...To me, they have no idea who I am, so stop being so judgemental...( in their designer sweaters, and sweats)
Ahh, that felt good, ty for letting me vent on here, lol...
well, gotta go do my dishes...HAGN!
Closed Thread