Old 03-24-2005, 06:04 PM   #91  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Hi shanberg, looks like it's just you and me here, eh? I again don't have time to write. Slept in and only got up because my cat was trying to wake me up. She often annoys me doing this but today I was very glad for it as I had slept in way too late. Well, I didn't mind the sleep-in. I need it badly and sometimes I, that's I!!, have to take priority.

Right now, I would love to take the day off from work. I have a lot of work to do here at home, this rewriting of this manuscript. It's not hard work. It just takes time and since I was busy with other things, I have little time to do it. I should be going in to the newspaper but I tell you, the atmosphere there is worse than ever. I only go in 3x week but the others have held two symbolic strikes this week, one for 15 mins and one for 30. As there seems to be no response from the company I can imagine there aren't too many happy faces. Well, recently, there aren't anyhow.

But focusing on the better things, I am on top of all work except for the manuscript and that is just a matter of sitting down and doing it, nothing difficult, nothing requiring divine inspiration or the likes. Speaking of which, today is Good Friday. It looks like it's going to be an absolutely gorgeous day. We used to have to spend the day inside as kids though, either that or spend it in church. . .

Well, shan, I just saw that you will be away for the weekend. Hope you have/had a great Easter. Good going with the arm workout. I pop some aspirin when I'm sore from one but it is a good feeling, isn't it? Sure wish we'd see some others around here. Maybe after Easter when the temptation of chocolate has passed and spring resolve begins to bloom!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 07:56 PM   #92  
Never give up

Heh all, sure is lonely around here. Is anyone going to come on and chat?
Old 03-27-2005, 05:50 PM   #93  
Never give up

Hello everyone, a belated Happy Easter! It's already Monday here. Just wanted you all to know the forum is up and running so I hope to hear from you soon!!
Old 03-28-2005, 10:28 AM   #94  
shannon

Hi, Red! Looks like you had a pretty empty weekend here!!! Where is everyone? Do you think they have abandoned us?

How was your Easter? Saturday, the weather was beautiful..sunshine, warm..perfect. Sunday, it rained cats and dogs!! We were under a tornado watch the entire day! Ended up hunting for eggs in the rain..well, I stood under an umbrella and pointed, but..

I managed to eat very well over the weekend! I did have a lot of temptation, but decided to choose things that I really wanted and not everything. Think it worked out okay. I think I dropped another pound, but it is hard to tell. I can't see the numbers well (bad eyes and belly in the way), so when I move to get a glimpse, the needle moves too. Oh, well, I guess I can pretend!!

Hope to hear from you soon..and everyone else!!!
shanberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 11:54 AM   #95  

Hello and happy Belated Easter to one and all.

Jazzy ducks incase you are throwing things at her for being gone so long

It's so nice to read the thread and catch up with everyone.

Things here haven't changed a bit, still unmotivated, and still exercising. why can;t I get it all together at one time and keep it together???

So Nice to see everyone again!!!
Jazzmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 05:10 PM   #96  

HEY everyone!

I've been very very good this week. So why hasn't the scale moved?
Well, it's moved a very little. a pound and a half...

SIGH

I got a new tape, Tae-Bo advanced. It's hard! Mostly because they do everything faster. I haven't made it all the way through yet. It's a whole hour, not like Tae-bo Basics which is only 20 minutes.

Something to work towards...

Isn't Crime Girl our moderator? I think we need a new thread...this one is severals weeks old.
doinmybest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 05:52 PM   #97  
Never give up

Quickie here, as I'll be sitting for most of the day in front of this thing and have GOT to do some work.

Shanberg -- the forum was closed for a few days, thus the lack of posts. Then again, with this thread these days I don't know. Seems people have given up. I'm sure glad to see you here. I was going to write more the other day to you but then remembered you wouldn't be here till Monday or so so I didnt. Wish you had a computer at home. Well, that's too bad about the weather there. At least Saturday was nice. Don't you hate it when the day you're stuck in the office is beautiful and then on your day off it pours? It's not fair. Then again, when it does happen the other way around, I try to make a note of it. That's great that you ate well over the weekend. Don't worry about the numbers. I had to laugh when you sad you had bad eyes and a belly! You'll get there. The scale will start peeking around that belly as it gets smaller and smaller. Just keep up your good work and it'll happen!

jazz -- don't worry. this place has been a ghost town. No one's throwing anything. We're glad to see you!! Glad to see you posting too even though you say you're unmotivated. Seems like so many people leave then and only post when they're doing well. Well, not this thread specifically, just in general. I was in a major slump for a long time now but I'm pulling out of it. Yeseterday I had no junk and I actually went out and made a salad! Hurrah!

doinmybest -- hi there. congrats! a pound and a half is still good! Wow, an hour tape, That IS hard. Good for you for doing what you can. I'm one of those all or nothing types and you know, the nothing wins out more often than not! Well, Crime Girl isn't really our moderator, but she was our inspiration and thread starter. She's been very busy and having a hard time of things I think. Let's give her a bit of time and hope she comes back. She said she was going to. If she doesn't we can start a new thread. It doesn't have to be a week thing and with things so quiet around here it doesn't really matter, it's not getting too long. good luck doin!
Old 03-28-2005, 10:49 PM   #98  

Hey!
I am back.. the early easter wishes were due to working a 4 dayweek (but also it was thursday my time..lol)... it went pretty well.. not too much chocolate was consumed..
but the most exciting thing of all was...

I WENT BACK TO PUMP CLASS.. oh yeah. I was in heaven feeling my muscles working against the weights again.. and it was one of my favourite classes too.. all good rock music.. nothing like enter sandman to motivate you on the chest track.. I did pretty well weights wise, just dropped 2 kg off the total weights for everything..and 1 kg for biceps.. but my squats were pretty light as I can't lift more than 10kg over my head yet... I was pretty sore on sunday and monday but it was great to feel like a real person again, and that although I had lost some tone, I haven't lost too much strength!!

Went to the REM concert on sat night too. It was really fun, the rain was pouring down before it and during a bit of it.. we had had a little too much vod & orange before going, so I lost my glasses, and BF had serious issues walking up the muddy slopes (out door grass ampitheatre).. he was really annoyed that I wasn't falling over.. I tried to explain to him that 10 years+ of chasing naughty ponies up hills in johddy boots teaches you a few things (esp as mine had those nice smooth soles and a 1.5" heel)... he he he....

Anyway I'm going to get a battery for the scales at home and see what the damage is.. I am feeling pretty fat at the moment, so might be back up as high as 75.. but I really hope not.

Well I'll catch up and chat later!
Cheerio
Tiff
HAL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 02:24 AM   #99  

Hey, Red! I'm sorry, that came out all wrong. I was thinking, hey maybe we could _help_ crime girl by starting a new thread. I was under the impression that a new thread was started every week. I guess I was mistaken.

Anyway, Crime Girl, if you're checking in, I know you have a lot you're doing, and I think you are amazing. Please don't take my stupid post as a criticism.

I'm pleased to be part of this thread. I know we all check in as we can, and we are all encouraging to one another....
Shan, Tiffany, Princess,everybody...Thanks for your support. We are going to get where we need to go, with a little help from our freinds...
doinmybest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 05:44 AM   #100  
Never give up

Hi guys, glad to see a little action around here. Whatever happened to the old crowd, stormy, grass, cg, some pop in and outers. Oh well, we've got shan, nbk, sub, doin and ME! Hurrah!

Yeah, well, I've had a crap week starting, well, it went from bad to worse and then OK and sighs of relief but I'm tired out and NOT wanting to do all the friggin work that is still before me.

First, Monday morning I wake up to an email saying my father is in the hospital with heart problems. So, his Easter was spent in the hospital and they did tests, gross things with catheters up inside you to your heart. Turns out he did have a heart attack but they're thinking that there's nothing medicine can't handle. In fact, they don't really know what caused it, which is more worrying in a way. At least, no surgery is in sight for now. He is under a lot of stress and it's the kid that just doesn't go away. So, I'm relieved but then not. I mean, well, he's 74 and we have to face the inevitability of aging and eventually the end. I don't want to think of it now.

Just brought a cat back from the hospital. She is one with the gum disease. Well, they all have it but two I have to take in for regular shots. Now, I tried to give her a pill and she went nuts so I'm trying for the fish paste smear if I can get a hold of her. She had two teeth pulled so is no doubt in a lot of pain. But she ate.

Ah, it's all too much. Crappy life I have these days.

BUT, but, but!!!, I did get to the gym. There, too, is another major disgust. to see the blob in the mirror and the pants are tight again. When does it creep up? And how will I ever lose weight unless I am active all the time, which I can't be because of my work. Oh damn. But, I will focus on what I CAN do, what I DID, not what I can't do, what I didn't do. So there!

NBK -- glad to see you back. Great you got the pump class. I sure wish my gym would play good music. It's crap, all these weird stuff that is really annoying. They have no concept of what music is good for working out to it seems. I try to just ignore it but I know what good music can do to rev you up so I miss it. I'm glad to see you're able to work with some weights. Take it easy. It's just a matter of time and consistency, small buildup, you're doing fine! What's best is you enjoy it so much!!

Concert sounded like fun, way too much vod and orange, eh?! Well, hope the scale is gentle on you. Later!

doinmybest -- no prob at all! Your post didn't "come out all wrong." We know you were just being helpful. In fact, I was afraid you might take my post wrong. But, you've got to remember it's so hard to put any sort of tone into a post and so I hope no one ever takes something wrong. If they are wondering, either let it pass or ask. I hope no one is touchy. I think it's obvious we're here because we want to support everyone. I can't imagine someone here getting *****y or whatever. Crime girl did always change the post every week, but there was really no need, I thought, but she liked to start fresh and that was fine. I hope she's not ill or something. Doin, do you think it helps to start a fresh thread? If so, we can start one. So, no prob whatsoever doinmybest. I'm glad you're here. I need all the support I can get!

Heh guys, give me a vote here!! New thread or no new thread!! I'll take a head count!!

Last edited by redballoon; 03-30-2005 at 05:49 AM.
Old 03-30-2005, 07:28 AM   #101  
Trying or Dying

S/C/G: 327/258/180

Okay...Okay.....
I know...I stink....
Sorry guys- red is so right when she says that I have been wicked busy! I am still trying to find a job, finish school, work, and stay sane so time has been nil. I feel bad- said I would be back but not able to really swing it. I haven't been getting on because I have zero time to respond properly to anyone. I have been lurking when I can though and silently cheering you on! I am so happy you have stuck around and kept up the board for me. It may not seem like it now- but, it is important to me.

Doinmybest- no harm asking about a new weekly thread- you are right. I should be starting a new one every week and this Sunday I promise I will. I will also make an effort to at least pop on. Sorry I have been nonexistent lately.

Okay folks- have to go take my stupid car to the mechanic AGAIN! Then home to try to write a huge paper and I have a phone interview at 10am. Will be back on later today and hopefully catch up a bit. I have missed you guys!
Crime girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 09:21 AM   #102  
shannon

Good Morning!!!

Sitting here, eating my morning bagel and reading everyone's posts!!

Yesterday I did not manage to get a single letter typed to anyone! I didn't even get to read any posts! We had our admin lunch (where all the ladies in the office go out to eat together) and that always puts me behind!!

Have been good on the exercising, but okay on the eating. While I haven't been gorging myself, I have eaten out for the last two days. I stopped when I felt full, but...

Anyway,...

Red - You are a busy little bee! Look at you, working all the time!!!! I hope you get it all done!

Great job going to the gym! I am glad you are focusing on your accomplishments! I know how hard and discouraging it is to have set-backs, no matter how small! Just keep ploughing on ahead!
How did the cat medicating go? Who won, you or the cat? And, how much of the paste ended up on YOU??? Poor kitty! At least he (she?) has a mommy that loves him (her?)!! How did you end up with all the cats with the gum disease? Did they come from the same litter? You have such a good heart!

NBK - LOVE REM! I bet they are great live!! They always have such energy and presence when you see them on tv! Sometimes, concerts in the open ampitheatres are great, sometimes its a mess! I like it b/c you can hear the music better and have more space to move around. Even when it is crowded!

Doin - Tae-Bo! My brother loves that! The videos he is using are kicking his butt at the moment though! I told him he isn't as young as he used to be, so he can't move around like he did when we were teenagers!

Glad you are doing so well with your eating. Sounds like your scale has the same attitude as mine! It doesn't ever seem to move, no matter what I do! Stupid thing! Just keep moving forward and doing what you are doing and it will eventually stop pouting and move for ya!!

Crime Girl - Glad you dropped by for a quickie, you lurker you!! You sound extremely busy. Hope you get a job soon! Remember to drink lots of liquids during your school work. Doesn't really make it any easier, just makes you have to go to the bathroom a lot so you can get a break every once in a while without feeling guilty! I mean, you can't ignore your body, righ!! Good luck.

Okay, all, gotta get back to work. Finished my bagel, so have no more excuse to sit here and do nothing! Have a great day!!
Old 03-30-2005, 04:23 PM   #103  
Never give up

Quickie here, Crime Girl, great to see you!! I've really missed you and hope to see you back here regularly. I totally understand about being too busy to get in here. But, even little notices just saying you're ok would be good. You don't have to address us all. Just a little squeak out of you is nice even.

shanberg -- oh, bagels, yum. no time to write now. yeah, i feel so beaten down always, feel like life is knocking me back for every step i take. it just seems less than unfair, it seems downright cruel. still, what am i saying, things could be so much worse. focus on the good things, focus on winning, even in small ways. got the medicine into the cat last night, i think. she looks ok this morning. but now for the next medicine and I must leave and she's not here, outside somewhere I think. antibiotics so have to. oh bother. yeah, good heart and all that. but i wonder why when so many other people go through life not caring. oh well, oh well, i have no idea where this gum disease came from. vets don't know. yes, these two are siblings and they're pretty old.

gotta run, shan, you take care and keep writing to us. you've really done a ton to keep this thread alive!
Old 03-30-2005, 04:31 PM   #104  
shannon

Red - 'Bout time you got your booty in here! I was lurking through some other posts and saw where you had posted somewhere else! I almost jumped in there to scold ya!!! Just kidding!!

Sorry you are having such a rough time! Man, when you get hit, it comes from all sides, doesn't it?

Did you ever get over your cold? I feel a little tickle in my throat thanks to some of the guys around here. I am drinking plenty of oj and taking tylenol in an attempt to head it off at the pass!

Glad to hear your first round with the cat was a victory! Of course, you know he is out pouting, so it may take even more coaxing to get him in and give him his antibitotics!!! I know you'll do it, though!

Keep your chin up, Red. I know right now you must be feeling like you'd like to just lie down and never get up again, but you can fight through your funk and make it to brighter skies and healthier times. I feel like the entire world is trying to keep me from losing! Everytime I get going really good, somthing, actually, someone comes along and tempts me beyond measure! I try to make good choices, but sometimes, I get so frustrated at always having to get a salad or grilled chicken. Sometimes i just want the bad, fatty foods, ya know! Oh, well. Every bad decision I make ends up following me around....litterally....on my big ole behind! One day, I might just outrun it!!! I can dream, can't I???

Well, I've rattled on long enough! Hopefully will be getting to go home here soon! I like it when we get to leave a few mins early...helps me beat the five o'clock traffic rush!

Have a great day, Red.

To everyone else, hope you are all doing well and will pop back in here for a few lines!!!
Old 03-30-2005, 04:40 PM   #105  
Never give up

Hi Shan! Don't scold me! Actually, NBK has jumped in on other threads to say yeah! Left them thinking, who's this?!! I spread myself too thin, but I try to catch up everywhere. Have four regular threads but I love this one always. Really, gotta run now. Out to the horse. Kind of got part of the medicine in the cat. Most of it not. Oh well. . . Won't have much time when I get home today before I run out but will try to catch up. Thanks for always posting long, shan! Ciao!