Old 03-20-2005, 07:06 PM   #76  

ok I am back too.. have to do some work right now, but will talk soon. I promise!!
HAL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 07:32 PM   #77  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Just running out here. Glad to see we're not dead yet!!! Hurrah! Crime Girl, glad to see you're back. NBK, you too! Dee, welcome! Tae, you can do it too. My weight tracker isn't up there. . .
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 07:35 PM   #78  
Never give up

P.S. Crime Girl, I am OK, earthquake was in the southern part of the archipelago, in Kyushu, over 1,000 miles away. Amazing, only one person was killed apparently. Thanks for worrying. Tokyo could go at any time, they say. . .
Old 03-20-2005, 10:26 PM   #79  

Earth quakes.. we had a couple last week. I was in bed.. woke up and thought.. oh an earthqauke.. hmm I should go stand under a door or lie next to the bed... then it got a bit worse, but to be honest I couldn't be bothered.. I know it's a bit blase.. but when you grow up in a country that gets them often (just like japan).. unless it feels like a big one, you generally just ignore it.. (that and it was freezing cold that night!).... the next morning I asked round but no one else had felt it.. weird. It was in the paper, I think it was 6.4... but yeah.. Red, you're right I can't believe only one person was killed in the Japan one.

New job is great, but lots to do. Had a brilliant weekend - went to the beach, swam, went for a walk, went to the Mark Knopfler concert, went to a winery for lunch.. did a bit of shopping just had a great time with the BF! yeah yeah yeah... hmmm well it's only 1 more week till I can go back to the gym properly.. then I suppose I'll do something about losing weight. Although the BF did say that he thought I had lost ALOT of weight since we started seeing each other last year..about a year ago today infact (we don't have an anniversary though.. it took ages for us to sort our **** out! ha ha)...of course that was just before our dessert run.. i can't imagine how much better I would have done if he wasn't like me and loved chocolate and desserts! he he... we're each others worst ally.. still at the end of the day it is completely my fault, I mean I could sit and watch him eat it all... pffft...

CG great to see you back!
Old 03-21-2005, 09:26 AM   #80  
shannon

Hi everybody!
Just a quick post before I start entering new items into the computer! We are getting a bunch of new products and it takes a while to get them all in there!!

Hope everyone is doing okay. It seems like everyone is having diet blahs like me. I think that stems from going so hard for so long. Then, we just need a small break from it for a while! Hopefully, I have past mine. While I didn't do badly last week, I definately could've done a lot better. I hate it when my weeks get hectic and interfere with my dieting!!

Don't have time to respond to everyone individually, so I will just say keep up the good work and forgive yourself for your dips!!

Will check back in later. I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon, so if I can't get back on before I leave for that, I will talk to everyone tomorrow!!

Toots!
shanberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 05:03 PM   #81  

Hello everyone! Spring is finally here and thank god it has stopped snowing for the moment and hopefully I won't see anymore snow. Everyone seems to be doing well. To those of you who have give up sugar, I congratulate you. Pastries are my downfall...I know that I am going to eat them here and there so I make sure to just work out extra hard when I do I am really trying hard to get into a size 12 for the moment. When I started out I was in a size 20. I think if I lose 10 pounds (Mini-goal) I WILL be wearing a size 12 by the end of April. The sunlight and hopefully soon to be coming warm tempuratures will raise my spirits. Take care everyone and I will post again soon.

Red - You are doing an excellent job on staying off the sugar. Congrats and keep up the good work.

Tae- Congrats I hope to be joining you in the size 12 category soon

NBK- Happy anniversary to you and your BF. You sound like you are really making a lot of progress and that's great

Shan- Don't beat yourself up...the important thing is that you get back to your program

Crimegirl - I know that you are studying hard. I know that you will graduate with honors...keep up the hard work

Dee - A warm welcome to you! The more support we have in here the better!

Sorry if I missed anyone...
subpremeprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 06:38 AM   #82  
Never give up

Shan, hello. Good to hear from you. I miss your long posts. Hope you can get back on soon.

Sub, wish I'd seen your post before I ate sugar today. Feeling very sorry for myself, can't get ahead of the work. Have no time to do so much else that needs done let alone have any real down time for myself. . .feeling sorry for ME caused me to have a little sugar binge. Damn. I was doing good. Oh well . . .
Old 03-22-2005, 10:39 AM   #83  
shannon

Finally, finally have gotten caught up!! It has been a hectic two weeks here for me!!

I went and hand my physical yesterday. I lost 8 pounds between my last checkup and this one! 8 pounds! And that is weighing in the afternoon after eating a light breakfast and lunch!! I was so excited I almost jumped off the table!!!

So, now I am feeling even more energized about losing than before! I am doing good with my eating and exercising. I am hoping to move the exercising up to two times a day, but so far I am having trouble fitting it in! Just my luck, when I decide to add an extra exercise session, everything goes crazy and I have no time!!! Oh, well!!

Red - Don't fret the break down on eating sugar! You sound like you needed it! Just don't eat anymore! And, yes, that is an order!! Hate it that you are so swamped with work! I saw a couple of posts down that you had jumped on your stationary bike...maybe you need to do that a couple of times a day to keep from getting stiff and stuck in a work rut! Might help to energize you into working harder and getting it done sooner!!

Have you had a chance to go see Heidi? I bet she misses you if you haven't. If you go, make sure you take her an extra treat...she might be pouty if you don't!!!!

NBK - I cannot believe you slept through an earthquake! I'd be freaking out! I guess it is like you said, though, you just get used to things and as long as they are not large scale, you just keep on living normal! I still say I'd be a blubbering wreck, though!!!

I can see you sitting across from your bf, watching him eat all the goodies, while you sit there calmly with your hands in your lap not taking a bite...NOT!! If you are at all like me, you'd want some-and it would have to be the biggest half!!! Sometimes, you have to enjoy the sweets to swallow the sours!!!

Sub - Glad it stopped snowing. First day of Spring here in Georgia and it is still cold. Now it is raining and yucky outside!! There is some kind of strom coming from Texas and Oklahoma..the ones that always spur tornadoes in those states. We are supposed to get quite a drenching over the next couple of days. What is really sad, though, it has been sooooo beautiful outside the past three weekends! Now, it will more than likely rain on Easter!!!

Good luck with the getting to your goal size! Looks like an achievable goal!!

Crime Girl - Glad you are back! Just keep on treking and get through the hard stuff! You can do it!!!

Dee - Welcome! This is a great bunch of ladies that do a wonderful job of supporting each other! You will enjoy it here a lot!!!

Tae - Good job on the avoiding temptation! It always does good to use visual imagery to stave off the munchies!!

Anybody heard from Stormy or Little Grasshopper? Hope they are okay!

Well, guess I have blabbed enough for one morning. I will try to check back in later. Today should be a normal day, but...we are only working four days this week (Good Friday we are off), so things could get hectic this afternoon!!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Tootles.
Old 03-22-2005, 04:05 PM   #84  

Hi everyone! I am back from my road trip of love...

I went to go talk to an old proffessor about the book I'm trying to write, and then couch-hopped across five separate friends for 6 days.

Man, I feel so great. Those people are some of the best in the world and they love ME!

But the weight is a bit up...two pounds...Time to get back into discipline.

I am already starting in, worked out and had my morning shake.
doinmybest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 07:09 PM   #85  
Never give up

Good morning people. Nothing much to report here. I got the article I was writing done last night, went to bed, up this morning to make some corrections to a translation, now have to work on rewriting a book manuscript. It's all work, work, work, or so it seems. I am so sick of my life. It is really insane. The thing is, when I have a bit of free time, there is nothing I really want to do, well it just means scheduling in more activity, it's not like a rest or anything. I guess I'm just burning out. How do you replenish your reserves when you have to keep working. I suppose one way is not take major knocks out of myself with late nights out, another of which I had Monday night. BUT, I did get out to ride the following day and even managed to send a story in by using my cell phone to access my computer email and forward a file, doing this all while riding the train back from the stable. Wow. Technology.

I was feeling annoyed and angry with myself until I got out to see my horse. The night before I'd been out with some bloodstock agent from Ireland and one beer led to the next until it was late and there were no more trains home. I was on the other side of Tokyo and had to spend a ton to get home. I was chiding myself for having allowed myself to get in this situation. Well, the guy did offer to pay the taxi but I just hate to accept such offers. I was ticked too because I had been anticipating, hoping, dreaming of, some sort of interesting offer of work and it doesn't look like it'll be so. These worlds of racehorses, too much money, too much flitting around the world, big bucks, fancy hotels, no real life. People get weird. It's not for me. It was so nice to just come down to the basics, how do I get my horse moving!

OK, people, sorry to be so wordy. But I just needed to get that off my chest. . . .

subpreme -- You've got to stay away from those pastries. I used to do the same. They are LOADED with calories. Try to find out the calorie counts and remind yourself of them when they tempt you. Good luck on getting into a Size 12! You will look fabulous by the end of April, I'm sure!

shanberg -- ah, so nice you're caught up. I know the feeling. I wish I had it. I have it a little because I got some work out of the way last night and that was a writing thing, which takes more out of me in a way, more than editing or translating. On the other hand, it gives me something back. The feeling of accomplishment, akin dare I say to joy, after writing something doesn't exist after I've finished off a translation or a an editing job. In fact, the latter tend to bring me down because I am restricted to what was there. I think it actually harms my writing. Then again, maybe it only harms it if I DON'T feel that depression of having had to work within the lines.. .

Yeah, you're right. I should get on the bike. Actually, the problem is that it's not a stationary bike. It's a racer on a trainer and riding a racing bike stationary is kind of painful. And I have to put on special shoes that have cleats on their soles because that's the kind of pedal that are on the bike. The saddle is small and there's no fun of the speed and balancing. I was considering buying a new exercise bike, an old boyfriend broke the last one. . . we'll see. But, yes, a good sweat is what I need. If I at least made it more accessible (the bike) then maybe I would do it more often, even 10 mins could help, right?

As I wrote above, I have gone to see Heidi. To me, the horse is the priority, at least 3x week. I do everything for her in a way so I cannot allow anything to get in the way. It has to be damn good to allow me to do that, either an opportunity that I don't want to pass up, or very good money. I have made some progress with my riding, an important point of maintaining objectivity, of not allowing emotion to come into play. It's very hard with her because she is not a cooperative horse and I could easily get angry, but if you get angry you will get into a fight mode with the horse and then all is lost, at least in the long run.

Take care in the coming weather. I hope Easter is a pretty day. Do people still get dressed up and go out for brunch and so like I remember it?

Oh, and wow, just reread your post! Major congrats on your weight loss! I am psyched for you. That is something to jump around about! Good for you! and good luck with continued success!

doinmybest -- hello there. I'm so happy to hear you met some great people and could feel their love for you. That's the kind of soul food we all need so much. Two pounds is nothing. Don't fret it, sweat it . . . OFF! Good luck!

Last edited by redballoon; 03-22-2005 at 07:21 PM.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:25 AM   #86  
shannon

Hi!!

How is everyone! Just wanted to pop in right quick while I wait for a report to print!

Red - Glad you dropped a line!! Hear ya on the bike. My stationary bike is very uncomfortable in the seat! I use a pillow, but after about thirty mins, my privates start to fall asleep!!! It was a great investment, though! It is easier on my knees than my treadmill. Plus, on those evenings when I really don't want to walk, I can just hop on the bike! I still get exercise, but the exertion isn't as bad. Of course, I don't burn as many calories, but at least I burn some!!

So glad you have made Heidi a priority! I watched this show called Amazing Race last night. One of the things they had to do was ride a horse around some barrells in 40 seconds or less. This one lady kept getting bucked off her horse. She knew how to ride, it was just the horse was really skiddish. Another lady was terrible. She couldn't even get her horse to move. When she finally did, she wasn't exactly nice to the horse. She used this small stick and kept hitting the side of the horse. Now, I know that a professional can use a stick and not hurt the horse, but she was no way a professional! I didn't like the way she used that stick at all! I wish the horse had thrown her off!!

Glad you are getting caught up on your work. I have problems just reading other people's writings, too. It is so hard to copy something verbatim when you know you could do better or just make it sound better!

Easter is still the same. Some people get up for early morning services. Wearing the new, flowery dress is still the thing. I love looking at all the little kids in their Easter outfits, though!! They are sooooo cute. I love the ones that think they are all grown up b/c they are dressed fancy like mom and dad!!! Those are the best!!

Okay, hear my reports printing. Will come back later.

Bye.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:27 PM   #87  

Happy Easter All!

Hope you gets lots of fat free easter treats (we're swapping clothes this year instead of eggs)
Lots of love
Tiffany
Old 03-24-2005, 12:19 AM   #88  
Never give up

Hi shan, NBK, how's it going. NBK, why the early Easter wishes. Are you going away or are you just in the spirit? Crime girl, you promised you'd be back! stormy, where are you? Others, come on in. I'll try to post longer later but I feel as if I'm talking to myself here or just to the lurkers, ugh. . .
Old 03-24-2005, 01:08 AM   #89  

Tiffany, I love what you're saying about swapping clothes, not candy for easter...

Yay!

I'm doing good this week...Exercise every day so far.

Stay dry everyone...It's raining buckets here.
doinmybest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 09:42 AM   #90  
shannon

Morning....

Did not make it back yesterday afternoon! Got really busy.

Anyway....When I went to lunch yesterday, I got to my car and looked down. There was a bunch of white stuff on the cement next to my door. I thought someone had spilt paint. I looked at my door and there was bird poop all over my car!!! It literally looked like a flock of birds had decided my car looked like the perfect bathroom!!! It was on the roof, the doors, the windows!!! It was really gross...but sooooo funny!!!! When I got home, I had to wash my car!!! While it was drying, I cleaned out my garage, something I have been wanting to do for a while. Mostly, it invovled sweeping the leaves that had been blown in there when I left to go to work and forgot to shut the door! It was really windy that day and there were leaves everywhere!! I swept a lot of them out then, but the wind was blowing so hard I couldnt' do much!

I also walked on my treadmill and did some weights. I was up at 5am this morning with a heating pad on my poor arms!! All that work sweeping and washing, then I did my weights! I was in sooo much pain!!! After about an hour, the pain finally went away! At least I know my arms got a good workout yesterday!!

Red - I feel like you do...like I am just writing for the world to read. Where is everyone???? I wish they would check in and give more info!!

How are you feelilng...better?? Are you making any more headway on your work?

Hope you have a great weekend!!

NBK - Happy Easter to you, too! I hope I don't get ANY chocolate!! Great idea on the clothes, though!

Doinmybest - Glad you are having a good week. Try to stay dry. We had a big storm here on Tuesday. It's finally cleared off, though. I hope it stays like that over Easter. It's no fun hunting eggs in the rain!!!

Okay, everyone. I hope you all have a great Easter weekend. I will be leaving work today at 2 pm, so I doubt I will manage to drop back in. We are closed tomorrow, so it might be Monday before I can come back and talk to myself!!

Have a great weekend, be safe, and try to stay on plan!!

Happy Easter!!