3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Old 03-09-2005, 10:22 PM   #31

Well ladies, wish me luck, I'm off to the gym for an un fitness assessment.. and to find out how much muscle I have lost and fat I have put on.. funny how you can actually get more fat and lose weight at the same time... but still it will be nice to be starting back on the weights again.

whooosshhh... was that tumbleweed I saw go through here?
No?
hmmm sure is purdy quiet in these parts..
Take care and know that:
YOU CAN AND YOU WILL
love
Tiff
HAL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 03:29 AM   #32
Never give up

S/C/G: 168/161/128

Height: 5'1.5"

Hi guys, yes, it is very quiet around here. What has happened to everyone? Sure hope we get some action.

Shanberg -- glad you did like the quote after all. And glad you thought it could help a friend. Were you able to get a tape measure yet? If you're exercising you may not even be noticing how your body is or will be shrinking, especially if you wear loose clothing. But I think it can provide a boost for you and also something to work toward. Good luck!

Actually, I blew off the meeting. I said I was going to a press conference, which I had planned on going to. Found out that was being held after I posted this morning but then I wound up blowing that off too. I have a lot of work to do, which I'm NOT doing now, but moreso, I'm still feeling dragged out from this weird cold. My voice is much better and I never really had real cold symptoms 'cept for a tickle in my throat that gave me coughing fits sometimes. I kept a pack of Vicks cough drops handy (am not worrying about the sugar in them!) and that would help. But I think I have been feeling so down and lethargic largely due to some sort of illness. So anyhow, even if I don't make much headway on the work at least I'll be getting rest just staying home. At least I got to ride. It was tiring. My horse needs so much encouragement.

NBK -- hope the gym went well. Oh, I sure DO know about getting fat and losing weight (or staying the same). That is exactly what happened to me the end of last year, what has had me so disgusted with myself. If only I'd gone off sugar then. . . well good luck. Glad you're back with us. It has gotten quiet around here, like that whooossshhhing tumbleweed. You don't have them in Newzy, do you? I guess Oz must have 'em.

Ok, ciao for now!

Last edited by redballoon; 03-10-2005 at 03:32 AM.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 03:43 AM   #33
Never give up

Exclamation Calling Crime Girl!!!

Heh, I'm getting worried about Crime Girl. She started this thread and never posted. What's up! Crime Girl, are you lurking?! If so, just drop in long enough to say you're OK, will you?

Last edited by redballoon; 03-10-2005 at 03:46 AM.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:23 PM   #34

Hey every body...I'm here. Don't feel like much of much today, but I'm here.

I've been very very good about excercising this week. Not so good about my eating, but...not TOO bad...Well. I've got a few more days til weigh-in, I WILL lose.

Tiff- you guys did the lateral thigh trainer, huh? from down under. Well, I love the thing. It's the only thing I evre bought off and infomercial, and it's made me very happy.
It would be interesting to know what my fat percentage is...I am not part of a gym, now that I have my LTT. I wonder if there is another place I could get assessed...Hmm..

Shan and Red, you asked me some questions about my writing process. Thank you for your interest and support.

I'm writing a book about my experiences (not a novel, it's called creative non-fiction) being a missionary to WAY outer siberia starting the day communism fell. My synopsis is:
A coming of age story juxtaposing the religious tyranny in America to the political tyranny of Soviet Russian. The 18 year old Lisa goes to Yakutia with her family and learns about freedom, responsibility and what it means to be an adult in a very scary world.

Hmm...That sounds like it needs work. Oh well. That's why I'm working on it!

I've got the first half written, the part about America ( oh yeah, I grew up in Alaska, so that's the setting). Now I'm wrestling with the other part, trying to describe what it was like to live in Russia.

So, what I do is write on both ends...My new material is the stuff about russia. It is VERY rough draft, just writing writing about vignettes and scenes that happened. I don't worry about re-writing those yet. I don't know what shape they will end up being, so I don't want to get in my own way on the new stuff.

The FIRST part, the part about america, I have attained first draft status already. Which means I already know what those chapters are supposed to say. Thos parts I fiddle with, re-write and punch around to get them in shape. Go through to make sure it's clear, get rid of passive voice, etc.

So the 'words' I report writing on every day are the new parts. I don't count the editing on the old parts. But I don't edit every day.

Red, as far as credits...Hmm..I took FOREVER to graduate from college. I kept wanting to have a job...But I have a degree in English literature, and the last year, the only year I went full time, I got prizes and stuff. FOr humorous essay, and a couple other things.

I was a food reviewer for a monthly rag here in Los angeles for a while, so I have a couple clips. The paper went under though.

I've been a professional Information Technology person, because, hey, it paid the bills. So I haven't spent too much time on my writing. I would like to get a few bits together and send them out to some magazines. It seems VERY HARD to me to make a living as a writer. It's such a steep curve, to get accepted.

One of my big goals is to put together a writer's resume soon. When I have my book proposal prepared, I know that's going to be part of it. I am going to have to fish aroudn for an agent, etc. It's not all Muse and a-room-of-ones-own, I know. My years as a corporate corpse taught me to be professional, at least.

Anyway, that's my life write now...:P...right now

How did this happen?!
I guess it's all stuff I decided to do...
Which means I am in control...!
And I have what it takes to get where I want to go!
doinmybest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 12:26 PM   #35

Default Oh, the book is meant to be funny.

Thought I should mention that part.

How did this happen?!
I guess it's all stuff I decided to do...
Which means I am in control...!
And I have what it takes to get where I want to go!
doinmybest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 06:08 PM   #36

He he... well Red.. I have put on 0.5% body fat and officially lost 2.4 kg from last time.. so some is muscle and some is fat, as my waist and glute (Fat ***) measurements have decreased a little. BUt the new trainer was mean to me.. I am one of those people who needs a wow you're doing well.. not "you've got A LONG way to go to your goal haven't you.." type comment. Now here's the really amusing part. My fitness HAS INCREASED MARKEDLY! oh yeah nothing like spending 3 weeks in bed to improve your cardio vascular fitness. She was like "oh you must be a pretty active person normally.." I nearly fell of my chair laughing (except laughing is still a bit much for my scars..). I am sooo lazy. Anyway it was a pain to go through the whole blood thing, the low bp all the time etc.. but maybe she'll turn out to be nice. She's given me some good weights to do.. only problem is that the machine is out in the "OPEN" part of the gym...you know where everyone can see you.. and of course it's the lie down on your stomach leg curl one.. ugh... I hate it! I can tell all the chicks are looking at me laughing at a)how fat I am and b) how pissy my weights are (this is because I am not allowed to do any big weights for another 4 weeks and my strength has gone quite a bit).. I don't care about the guys as they always look at you no matter where you are and at the end of the day, I earn more and have more brains than most of the catty ones.. the rest of my weights are free weights so I can go and hide in the corner...

Feeling pretty shitty this morning, headaches and tiredness.. stomach is not too happy either. I am starting to wonder if I am allergic to generals..I mean surely you are not meant to feel like this for THIS long after an op? I like your idea red of drinking incessantly to aid recovery, but I am too scared of drinking too much and puking!

Doing my best, your book sounds really interesting! I love that genre... and russian literature is so interesting, actually so is french... he he.. anything that takes you out of the whole british/english speaking culture...

Cheerio 'possums
Tiff
Old 03-10-2005, 06:22 PM   #37
Never give up

Oh, NBK, you are funny! To [email protected] with any chick looking at you. I'm sure your butt isn't the enormous thing you're saying it is anyhow. And, if you do get someone you think is having a chuckle, just walk over to her and say, "Heh, wanna see my scar? . . . Got into a little scrap the other night in the bar. You know, knives and stuff. I got this to show for it but the other chick's still laid up in the hospital. Damn. It'll be a long time before she can work out again. . . you know how it is (laugh, laugh)"
Old 03-10-2005, 06:50 PM   #38

Actually the way my scar looks, i'd be better off saying "ar ar I'm a pirate.. you'd be a good trading wench"... lol...

Nah the chick I am most worried about, I know is a total skank (the stories I have been told, even taking small town-itis out of them would make penthouse forum seem tame!)... but still... I get more intimidated by women than I do men..I suppose it's just something new and I am a little scared - what if I can't do it? etc. but thanks for the reality check!
Old 03-10-2005, 06:55 PM   #39
Never give up

What if you can't do what, NBK?
Old 03-10-2005, 07:17 PM   #40
Never give up

NBK, I've got to leave now. If you write and don't hear from me, I'll catch you later! Ok, have a good day and yes, I'm sure, whatever it is, you CAN do it!!
Old 03-10-2005, 07:30 PM   #41

Can't even push 6 kg on the weights machines... have a great day yourself. Thanks for the kick in the pants too!
p.s how are the kittens.. have they lost their tuna paste mittens yet?
Old 03-10-2005, 09:39 PM   #42
Never give up

Actually, NBK, Nozomi, the cat who needs the medicine, must have gotten the hint because she licked the paste off my finger last night instead of having to have me smear it on her. I had always given her the chance before but she refused it. She didn't finish the whole thing so I put it on her paws actually, as you said! Thought that was nicer than on her face. Either way, it gets into her, which is the important thing. Now, if a vet had shown me how to do this earlier maybe she would be healthier now. . .

Where is everyone else?
Old 03-10-2005, 09:52 PM   #43

Maybe all the descriptions of my removed body parts scared them away. I am worried about CG and LGH tho... Stormy I think is really busy with school right now?
Old 03-10-2005, 10:48 PM   #44
Trying or Dying

S/C/G: 327/258/180

Hi all!
Sorry I have been out of commission- I am on Spring Break and trying to get a job for after I graduate. Have been insanely busy so no time for much else except school, family troubles, bf, and job hunt.
Hope to be back soon.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:39 AM   #45
shannon

Hi, all!! Sorry I did not check in at all yesterday. I was sooo busy at work. Everytime I turned around someone was in my office needing something. Every year at this time we do rerouting and things get extremely hectic. So, if I don't post, please know that I am reading!!

I have been doing so good with my eating. I decided to do it one day at a time instead of trying to plan for the long-term. I think that trying to make plans for weeks at a time was just too overwhelming for me and I ended up sabotaging myself. I think this will work out a lot better. I can focus on each day individually and work through whatever comes up, instead of stressing over what might come up. So far it is working out great. I am on day 3 and have ate extremely well and exercised every day!! I am really stoked about the exercising! I always feel so much better after I exercise! Plus, it helps me sleep!!

Okay, 'nough about me...

Red - Loved your idea/suggestion to NBK about getting into a fight! That would be so funny...especially if she did it to the (what was here word..oh, yeah) skank at the gym. Bet that'd put her in her place!!

Glad your cat is cooperating!!! And, you are right! Too bad other vets weren't as helpful!!

How are you doing? Are you still hanging in there? Haven't given up, have you? I know you sometimes get a little down and feel like giving up, but don't. Every step takes you somewhere!!

NBK - Is this assessment something that is done at gyms? I have always said after I lose another 25 pounds I was going to try to join a gym to tone up.

I am like you, though, on the not wanting to do exercises in front of buff babes. The last thing I want is my rolls jiggling around for all to see! Keep at it, though. It won't be long until you are healed and able to do more. Then you can show them what a real woman can do!! People who don't have to work for what they want don't appreciate it as much as those of us that have to sweat blood to get it! Just remember you are doing it for your own self, not for them. If you can only lift one pound three times, then lift it Girl and keep your head held high!!!

Crime Girl - Glad you checked in. We were beginning to worry that you had disappeared! Good luck with the job hunting!!

Okay, back to work...will try to check in later, but it is Friday and it usually gets kinda hectic in the afternoon for me...

Tootles!

SW:295/CW:257/GW:195
shanberg is offline   Reply With Quote