Old 02-02-2005, 08:02 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #96

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 08:06 AM   #2  

WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes. Anything you need to complain about, we are here to listen!

I only got 2 yesterday. Had a peanut butter incident! I will be back in later. I have to get crackin on chores and my walk.

Faye
Old 02-02-2005, 10:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Morning ladies!

Feeling somewhat better I am praying that it will last for a little while. Came down with the flu or something that me made feel like crap! As I said earlier my Feb goal is 8lb so I am praying to make it. I have been so in and out of it but during one of those in it times I found out something about myself that I am hoping will aide me in this. I have found out that when I get cold I mean the nails turn blue I go straight for junk. SO I have been trying to figure out some ways to stop this behavior, I think that instead of the junk I am going to aim for some hot tea and if there isn't a way to get that I am going for apples. Gotta go and get in some work just thought that while I am at myself I would pop in.

sandy
gigglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 11:17 AM   #4  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all,

4 points for me yesterday - back to normal with my power walk and cycling! Today I got my *** down to the pool and swam for the first time since November! It felt good but was hard work but I managed to swim for half an hour.

FAYE - I expect your pool will be open soon won't it - that will be great for you as there is less danger of you hurting yourself! I thought I had already posted my Feb goal, but maybe I dreamt it! I aim to lose 8lb in Feb.

CARRI - Glad you are back in the swing of things with dieting - it does take a few weeks in which it is an act of pure will that stops us going for the junk - then it gets easier and we stop craving all that crap.

NIKKI - Your dad sounds much like mine - he's only once said he is proud of me and that was because I was in tears and had told him that he'd never said it (I'd just got a 2:1 in my degree). He's mellowed out alot with age thankfully. I'm really glad that your dad has finally recognised your weight loss and has said he is proud of you - take what you can get I say! Hope your falling out with your best friend isn't as final as you think - give it a few days then do all you can to fix things - especially if you fell out over a bloke!!

SANDY G - Sorry you have been so poorly - hope you are recovering well now.

JULIE - expect you are off on the slopes - enjoy!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 11:51 AM   #5  

Hi everyone!

4 points for yesterday! Yayyyy........

No skiing today, had to grocery shop instead. BUT I have dance tonight, so I'll still get in my exercise. And I have a "date" to go skiing tomorrow morning with one of the other kindergarten moms...

Faye, my Feb. goal is 9 pounds, or down to 204.....which is making up for my slacking in Jan.

Amanda...you said "***"! And here I thought you were such a proper girl I'm so proud of you for getting in so much exercise...keep it up!

Not much else going on here. Faye, stay away from that peanut butter! Sandy, I hope you're healthy for a while this time

Everyone else, have a super day!

Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 12:44 PM   #6  
It is what it is...

Afternoon Everyone ... had a 3 pointer yesterday...not too much going on with me as far as Weds woes go...my back feels a whole lot better so I cannot complain about that anymore

Amanda - good job with the swimming, I wish I had somewhere to swim out of the public eye ( I am not as courageous as you )... of course I am not the best swimmer so that might not be such a good idea, I better just stick to the walking.

Faye - Yes I too have fallen prey to peanut butter, it is sooooooo good I know...

Julie - Have fun on your "ski date" tomorrow...be careful!!

Sandy - Glad to hear that you are feeling better...here is wishing you a healthier month this month

Nikki and Sandy #2 - HI !!!!

I just had a Lean Cuisine for lunch that I do not think did that much for me, I may be already a little hungry and I just ate a half hour ago...better go get some water out of the machine.

Have a good day!!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 02:19 PM   #7  

Amanda
Julie
Carri
Faye

Ummm, girls, we have got to work harder this month. Out of 41 lbs we set as a goal, we only had a 22 lb loss for the month of January and we have a 50 lb goal for Feb so let's try and get closer to it this month, shall we?

I am supposed to be cleaning my downstairs, but I found out our tax refund will be deposited on Friday so have been fooling around with airline tickets etc for our vacation. Sure seems to take a lot of money to go on a vacation doesn't it ? I see now why people don't take their kids on more of them. Our is costing us around $6500! The most extravagant thing we are doing is flying first class. I hate to think what people with children spend to take their kids on a vacation to like Disney World or something. This is our last hurrah for awhile though. We are planning a short one next year with 2 of our friends and going to Mall of America. 3 of us have been, but her hubby hasn't and he loves to shop so what better thing to do??? We are just going to rent a van and drive up to Indiana, pick them up then go to Minnesota instead of fly. We did that with my sis and bil a few years ago and except for them fighting the whole time and their bratty daughter being obnoxious and insisting we eat and do what she wanted, besides the, "are we there yet" whining, we had a good time. We did have a very funny moment. We had just eaten lunch and drove across the parking lot to the convenience store to get gas. DH and bil went in after bil filled up the car, to get snacks and drinks (yeah I know, I don't know why either since we had just eaten, but...) Anyway, they come out, get in the car and we head out (we were on our way back home). We get about 100 miles down the road and my bil discovers he didn't pay for the darn gas. My sis and I sat staring out the back window waiting to see half of Minnesota's state troopers after us! We ended up at a rootbeer stand laughing about the whole thing. We couldn't even send the money to them because we didn't remember the name of the station! I had guilt for that one for a long time, but it was the one funny moment in an otherwise fight of the week.

Ok, since I am on the subject, let me ask you guys something. Do you and your spouse or significant other argue very much? I just wondered because this sister has been married just a year less than I but they fight EVERY day about something. How can you stay married like that? Maybe I am just out of the loop because Jack and I truly only fight about 2 times a year. We even only disagree occasionally. I mean, I know we have been married a long time, but so have they and their marriage is like Tyson and Ali going at it. Maybe we are the oddballs and most couples disagree more than we do. I know that younger couples with children usually have more disagreements and ones that have financial woes because of stress, but heck we lived in poverty practically for 29 years and had one heck of a rebellious kid and still seemed to come out of it ok. Just wondered. Actually, I am stalling so need to go fold laundry and start scrubbing the toilet and floors!

Everybody have a good day

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 02-02-2005 at 02:21 PM.
Old 02-02-2005, 11:44 PM   #8  

THURSDAY: Today is Time For Us Thursday. Take a little time just for you today!

I know I am too early to post Thursday, but I can't sleep and will probably sleep in tomorrow so I wanted to be sure and get in here and set up a post for tomorrow. Fearless leader and all that bologna!

I did have a 4 pter for Wed. Hopefully I can work hard and keep it up.

I will check in later Thur morn gals

Faye
Old 02-03-2005, 11:49 AM   #9  

Hey, what's our thread doing on page 2??

Morning everyone!

4 points yesterday! Wooohooooo........... And I skiied 4 miles in just over an hour! Sweated like a pig, even though it was only 10 degrees out. Lots of good sunshine! And I'm working on making a new friend...a grownup friend, even! One of Ben's little friend's mom came skiing with me today and we're going skating tomorrow after the boys get out of school. SHe likes to do outdoorsy stuff, and I'm trying to get outdoors more....so it's great! We both have the same schedule, so we can encourage each other to do things outside in the mornings. Should help the weight issue alot! (I hope )

Well, I hope everyone's having a great day!

TTFN,
Julie
Old 02-03-2005, 12:22 PM   #10  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all,

4 points for me yesterday. haven't got much else to report..........feeling a bit tired today and PMS is on it's way - boo! I'm REALLY achy from swimming yesterday - shows how much I have been neglecting those muscles! Going to take it easy today and rest up a bit.

Julie - Is *** a swear word?They say it on 'Friends' so it can't be!! I'm glad you are making a new friend - all those outdoor activities will REALLY help your weight loss.

Faye - About the arguing thing. I couldn't stand to live with arguments every day, but some people thrive on the drama of it all I guess! We don't argue alot - usually it's when I've got PMS - so we're probably due one around now! I think that considering we are with eachother 24/7 (neither of us are working), we hardly argue at all - we are great companions and best friends and enjoy just being silly and having fun!

Carri - Those ready meals are tiny aren't they? I always think 'no wonder they have so few calories - this is a sparrow portion!'

Sandy G & Nikki - Hope you are both doing well.

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 12:52 PM   #11  
It is what it is...

Afternoon, hope you all are doing well...I am just getting back from lunch and thought I would pop in ... had a 3 pointer yesterday. I need to start exercising so that I can get into gear with this weight loss, I do appreciate the 1-2 pounds per week but would like to see a little more on some weeks like I did last year.

Julie - Glad you had a good time with your friend...that sounds like great fun and exercising.

Amanda - Yes, some of them are pretty small meals, but they are all pretty good. I am used to eating small portions on WW, it us just that some days it is harder than others...

Faye - To answer your question I think it depends on each individuals personality. Take for example me and my dh, we have been married for 11 years now and yes we seem to fight alot...well probably not as much as I think, but I have a very head strong personality and so does he, so we butt heads alot on our opinions and how we want to do things, but we love eachother alot. Our fighting, which usually doesnt last long, is usually just a couple of harsh sentences and then it is over...we get over it soon and go on to the next argument, ha ha

Tonight I am going to drive to my sisters ( in Tipton, about a half hour away ) , she is having a jewelry party and wanted me to come, I should have fun because A ) my mom, and other sister will be there and B ) I get to spend money !!!

Well hope you all have good evening, talk to you all later!!!!
Old 02-03-2005, 01:15 PM   #12  

POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Julie
Amanda
Faye
Carri

GOOD JOB YESTERDAY GIRLS!!!!!

Carri: You going to a Premier jewelry show? I went to a couple of them. Just be careful what you buy cause some of the stuff doesn't hold up well or is cheap and will turn green. I have a few of their pieces that I have had for a long time, though.

Julie: I could see my (the swear word on Friends) on skis. I would take one step, fall and brake a hip, a leg, an arm or my neck. I used to be so graceful in my younger years and now I am like a cow! I have never water skied either and am not interested in trying even if I was normal size. I would be terrified I would permanently screw up my knee all the time. I can roller and ice skate but haven't done either of those in years.

Amanda: If you can get them, try a lean cuisine pizza. I put mushrooms on a cheese one and about a tbl of mozzerella to hold the mushrooms on and it was yummy. I think we have to make our brains think the food is more than it is and quit seeing it as a bitty bit. Once we do that, we can really conquer weight loss. It is surprising how little a serving size looks to us piggies!

Well, I better run. My grandson will be here soon as it is Thur and I feed them dinner on Thur. He is "star of the month" at his preschool tomorrow so he is all pumped up about that. He gets to take a poster with all his family on it (I hope she had a sort of decent pic of me! )

Have a great day ladies!

Faye
Old 02-04-2005, 06:37 AM   #13  

FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Do we have any losers this week?

Girls, I am going out of town this morning and won't be back until late Sunday so no Sat or Sunday topic. I will catch up lbs, tracker, pts etc on Monday morning. Have a great weekend!

Faye
Old 02-04-2005, 07:19 AM   #14  

Good Morning Ladies!

4 points for yesterday!! NO pounds down in fact, I'm up according to the scale.....BUT I know my body runs at least a week behind my behavior. And I did pig out the past week stressing over the book. Plus, it's pms time. I've gotten tons of exercise for the past 5 days and I know I'm on the right track. So, I figure after TOM and everything settles out, I should show a nice loss. Just have to be patient.

Going Skating today!

I'm starting to put little stickers on my calendar for every day I get 4 points. It helps remind me to be good. I always forget how many days in a row I have posted...

Well, I hope to see lots of pounds down today! Faye, have a great trip this weekend.

TTFN,
Julie
Old 02-04-2005, 10:35 AM   #15  
It is what it is...

Morning all, I was one pound down this morning ... Old Faithful with my one pound every week...I guess it is better than nothing...I am honestly going to start exercising next week to kick this thing into gear...gotta quit talking about it and just do it !!!!

Julie - With all of that ski-ing I am sure the pounds will start melting off of you, keep your chin up!!

Faye - Have fun on your get away weekend!!!

Amanda, Nikki, Sandy, and Sandy - Hope to see some pounds down...

Hope you all have a great weekend!!!! It is supposed to be in the fifties this weekend here which is going to feel like summer to us!!