Old 12-29-2004, 11:49 AM   #181  

Good Morning Girls

WELCOME BACK KEMPY!!!! Sorry you got sick, but glad you are feeling a little better !! I am sorry you missed a white Christmas. That was so nice of your neighbors to take a pic for you guys. We for sure have a white one here! I bet you are glad to be home. It feels nice to be home after being gone for a while! And I know you missed us ! Haha....

Good Morning Buddy Noelle, sounds like you got some great after Christmas deals. Thats always fun. Now you have your cards for next year! Yeah the cover of that book cracks me up. I think it is geared towards women in their mid 30's-to 40. But I feel like I am there! Haha....Oh I wanted to tell you, your are not going to believe this, dh told me last night and I was like "oh my gawd" the crue are coming to our town on our wedding anniversary. Not exactly how I wanted to spend it. But it would be kind of fun. I said I would kind of feel like a fish out of water, lol. But I love several of their songs. Actually probally about six I can think of. Dh thinks I am weird because of my taste in music. I love Destiny's Child to Usher, to Lionel Ritchie and the Crue. I love all kinds I guess. Does that make me weird ? I hope your wrist feels better, I know those games can be addictive.

Well my two brothers and other family may be stopping tonight or today sometime0, I have no entertaining food! Frozen pizza does that count? But I do have cheese and sausage. Maybe I will just invite them over for a nice ice cream after dinner drink like a grasshopper. I wish I was not such a nervous host!! Chill baby chill..........

Cal, Summer, Genie, everyone out there?

See you Saturday Angie!
Check back later
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 01:06 PM   #182  

Hey Girls

I hope everyone is having a great HUMP DAY! Mine is going okay. I hope you don't mind if I vent a little here. But I feel a little p'oed by my family. They cannot plan anything. And it is really getting to me. Not that I am planning freak but I would just like to know if what time they are coming over or if they are going to eat dinner here. I mean so I can make fish sticks or something nice for them, ugh....they say I want to see the kids so I invited them over this morning and then they said no we are going shopping instead. Ugh....oh well put on a happy face and go on with the day. I want to move far away right now . Sorry and I hope I did not bring anyone down with me.
Old 12-29-2004, 04:05 PM   #183  

Hello everyone,

Welcome back, Kempy. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip, but sorry you got sick. I was really sick the Saturday before Christmas; right after Ashley was sick it was my turn. Luckily, hubby didn't get it.

We are getting lots of rain and are under flash flood warning until midnight tonight. Sedona, north of here, had evacuations because they are worried about the Oak Creek Canyon walls giving way. It's beautiful up there, hope not much washes away.

My sis is still here from Calif; she's leaving tomorrow. She's hoping to get home before the next storm hits southern Calif.

Noelle: I got the snowglobe and the S/P shaker. They are really nice. I got them on Monday, but I haven't seen my neice yet to give them to her. Thank you so much for sending them. You are a real sweetheart.

Julie: I hope things are better for you. I would like Ashley to experience a white Christmas just once. The last time it snowed here was about 15 years ago. The area where my brother lives, Peoria, got about 2 inches of snow at that time. In Rialto, Calif, it snowed at about the same time. I remember having to get into my car on the passenger side because the lock was frozen on the driver side door and I couldn't get the key to go in the lock. Very rare for southern Calif or Arizona.

Have a great rest of the week ladies. I have to go bring in Ashley; she's playing in the mud with the dog. We do have grass, but do you think they'd play there??? NOOOOOO!!! They have to find the gooiest place in the yard to play. They sure are having fun though!!

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 04:05 PM   #184  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey girls. Welcome Back Kempy!!! Glad to have you back. Hope you weren't feeling sick on the flight back, that's miserable enough in itself. Can't wait to hear about your Xmas. Wow, I can just imagine how pretty the snow was at your house. You have good neighbors. See, I was right, there was an Echo in here I bet your girls were glad to see mom come home. When do you have to go back to work? Any special plans for New Year's eve?

Julie, haha, Motley Crue reuniting. Did you read the story about Mick Mars recovering from full hip replacement surgery? Geez Louise...I know we're getting old when our teenage idols are having geriatric surgeries Guess what I'm listening to on MusicMatch radio? Def Leppard's Rock of Ages--that fits right in there w/the Crue. I'm just like you w/the taste in music, except I don't care much for Lionel Richie
Hmmm, Josh Groban Megadeth Anthrax Jim Brickman Destiny's Child ...
I couldn't agree w/you more about people making plans to visit and then keep changing the time--not considerate at all. You're handling it well though. You're welcome to move down here if you like

Hey Cal! Nice to see you today. Is that Bert visiting you? If it is, Hi Bert You're very welcome for the snowglobes. I didn't know that one was a S/P shaker, until Rick pointed it out to me, duh. I like that one better anyway. Now whenever I go out, I still keep an eye out for "hawaii" snowglobes-very hard to find apparently. No prob though, hope your niece enjoys.

Anyway, gotta get back to work!

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 12-29-2004 at 04:12 PM.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 04:08 PM   #185  

Julie I hate it when people don't do what they say they are going to do. We know a few people like that. It makes Joe and I so mad. We are not like that at all. When we say that we are going to do something we stick to it. I hate to put people out. Just like what they are doing to you. Here you are planning everything and they just change their mind. AGH!! See, now I am all mad.

I had to take a break form the madness here. I am washing clothes, balancing the checkbook, (man we spent alot) a just trying to get the house in order. It really wasnt' dirty we just brought a good bit of sutff home from Christmas. Soem much that we had to pay extra for my suitcase being too heavy. From now on I am telling Joe's mom to give us Bift Certs. instead.

OK back to work.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 04:13 PM   #186  

Noelle we were posting at the same time.

Well, Echo was pissed at Joe for leaving her so she was sitting in her kennel all night the first night. But, he made up for it yesterday. He went to the camp and took her with him. She gets her feeling hurt by him so easily. Rhea was just as happy as ever. She was tired though b/c the little girl started her period. Fun, huh?

I wasn't sick on the plane and that is when I was so suprised that I got sick at all. There were no warning signs. I am just moving in slow motion today. I am going in to the salon tomorrow but I don't have any clients. I hope that I at least get someone this week. My neighbors are having a few friends over Friday so we are going to walk down there. We really don't do much for New Years. We did for 2000 and I think we did ourselves in with that one. Since then neither one of us talks about doing it again. I have plenty of pics to remind us of how stupid and funny we were.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 11:28 AM   #187  
so close, yet so far...

Happy Thursday ladies. This week is taking forever to reach Friday! I'll be sad when all the holidays are over...then i have to buckle down with both work and weight loss. I suppose that's a good thing though. I'm getting much to big for my britches

My sisters and I went to watch a stage production of Grease last night, it even had Frankie Avalon as the Teen Angel in it! Other than that, there weren't any big names in the cast but it was a good show. He sang songs from his heydey like Venus and Beach Blanket Bingo--stuff my mother would swoon over Rick took Michael to see the Fat Albert movie. hey hey hey

Kempy, one of the 2 cats that lives in the house always hides out for about 2 days when my sister comes back from vacation, like she ices her out. After that, she is stuck like glue to her and meowing up a storm. Pets are funny.
You know, when I was a kid we never had a female dog so I didn't know they had periods too . Duh, where do puppies come from? You would think my mom, with 7 daughters, would welcome an opportunity to explain about stuff like that and have a female dog in the household. Nope, we only had male dogs so we wouldn't have to deal w/pups

Cal, I didn't know you guys had gotten a dog for Ashley (or maybe my old memory fails me). I remember (or do I ) last year you were talking about what kind of dog you wanted to get and that started Angie searching on her petfind thing, then she got Mickey. How's the weather holding up over there? Have the rains let up? We're supposed to get thunderstorms beginning tonight w/high winds up to 60 mph! I can't wait. I like rain.

Julie, so did you get to entertain your visitors yesterday? Did you guys decide what's happening for New Year's Eve? I know I'm just hanging out at home where it's safer, but I hope Rick's brother and sister and kids don't pop up unexpectedly like at Xmas--that's another story. I think I'll try my hand at shrimp pad thai and jasmine rice. I feel like Thai food

Anyway, I guess i should get ready for work... have a good day everyone.

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 12-30-2004 at 11:31 AM.
Old 12-30-2004, 11:32 AM   #188  

Good Morning Girls

Just popping in to say Hello! Can everyone believe the year 2004 is coming to an end? I just can't get over it is going to be 2005. Time is flying. Well not to much to say right now....my plans are up in the air for new years. But I know for sure I will have a glass of champange. Well check back later. The weather here is terrible, it is raining but it is turning to ice so the roads are suppose to be like ice rinks today. Not a good day to drive. Bye for now
Old 12-30-2004, 11:46 AM   #189  

Noelle hi you and I were posting at the same time. Glad you got to go out last night. Sounds fun. About the entertaining thing yesterday, I tried....I tried, it is a long story, I do not want to bore anyone with the details. But I cleaned up my whole house. Picked up every toy the kids have, organized the Christmas tree and they didn't show for three hours later. I was to say the least. But oh well, can't change other people so I am just going to say whatever and deal with it . Btw I had jasmine rice once and I just loved it. I was in Minneapolis at the mall of America. It was soooo good. Oh come on now, you don't even like Endless Love by Lionel Ritchie? Just kidding, I am fooling with ya ! I do like Josh Groban too. Hope you can check in later and I agree totally with you. This week is just dragging.
Old 12-30-2004, 12:26 PM   #190  

Default Newbie

Just desided to stay a while as you suggested.
enigma74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 10:31 PM   #191  
so close, yet so far...

Welcome engima74 thanks for joining us here at Weighty Issues. A few of the others are on vacation but should be returning in a few days, that's why traffic may be a bit light today. I've had a rough day at work but I'm looking forward to tomorrow, a day off!

A little about me, I'm a newly 33 year old (b-day was 2 weeks ago) mom of a 5 y.o. son, married for 9 years...been fighting the battle of the bulge for most of my life, but found this website about 2 years ago and have made some awesome friends here. I have to admit that I am not making any effort to lose weight at the current moment but will resume my efforts after this weekend, when everyone gets back and motivation for the New Year is high. Glad to have you aboard here and hope to get to know you better. I am self-employed and use this place to hang out whenever I get the chance (which is often).

Hey Kempy, how was work today? Do you remember Angie aka 'dips'n'twists'? I swear I saw this Monster.com commercial and there was this pretty girl saying, "hi my name is Angie and I was in the military doing communications..." The commercial happened so fast but I could've sworn it was her--of course I only saw it once, but that was my first impression. Wouldn't that be neat if it was her? I wonder how she's doing? So what exactly did you do 4 years ago on new year's eve that's got you all partied out? hmm? enquiring minds want to know

Julie, nope, didn't like Endless Love ... something about his hair that bothers me--'just say no to jeri curl' Stay safe on those icy roads out there. In fact, just stay home if the roads are too crazy. I can think of a few things I'd rather do with ice and salt than drive on them, if you know what i mean I think strawberry or passion fruit margaritas are in order for New Year's eve instead of champagne.

Everyone else, have a good evening and I'll chat w/ya tomorrow.
Old 12-31-2004, 06:52 AM   #192  

Well it's the last day of the year. I don't have any plans for tonight, yet, but we'll see. My sis decided to stay until Saturday. Her boyfriend cancelled out on their plans for tonight so she decided that there was no reason to hurry home. I'm glad she stayed; we've been having a great time just hanging out.

Noelle: Now that you mention it, I don't think I ever mentioned anything about Ashley's dog. We went to the Humane Society back in October, just to look, and found Tucker. He is a German Shepherd mix (not sure what the 'mix' part is), but Ashley loves him. He was very timid at first; he would just try to hide, but now he's very active and it is so much fun to watch him and Ashley play together. The other day they were playing in the grass that hubby put in just 2 weeks ago and I told him that that was the reason I wanted to put sod down as soon as possible-to see Ashley playing in the backyard and not worry about stickers. He's almost a year old, so in dog years he and Ashley are the same age. Rain has let up here, but we're supposed to get more this weekend and early next week. Just in time for school!

Julie: Be careful with the roads out there. I agree with Noelle--stay home where it's safe.

Kempy: I never did make it over to Calif. I sure wish we could've met. I'm working on planning a short road trip in March and my sister wants me to come visit her in TX; maybe I'll have to see about checking out NO. We'll see.

Everyone have a great New Year's Eve. Party harty. It's my birthday and I hope to find something fun to do. I'm planning on taking Ashley to the movies today; she wants to see "The Incredibles" AGAIN.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 11:15 AM   #193  
so close, yet so far...

Wink why Cal you sly Fox!

Happy Birthday Cal!
May all your birhtday wishes come true

You didn't list your b-day in your profile so it didn't pop-up on the 3FC calendar. Are you trying to keep it on the down low? Well, we can't have that. We have to celebrate a birthday with friends! Have a good one!

Tucker sounds great. He's found a good home and he and Ashley can look out for each other. Glad the rain has stopped for you. It's weird, here they predicted thunder storms and high winds...I haven't felt one drop of rain in the last 2 days and it's been so muggy you'd hate to be here. I guess it's the calm before the storm. I hope the rain gets here tonight to dampen our roads and homes. People here get so crazy about setting off fireworks, never a year passes without someone's house burning down because of it.

Well everyone, just starting my day off here. Gotta do a bank run for work then I'm done. I'll be back later.
Old 12-31-2004, 01:03 PM   #194  

Cal, HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL!!!! I hope your day is so special! Double celebrating for you today! Have a good one girl and have fun at the movies with Ashley!!

Noelle, I hope you get some rain with all those fireworks! We pray for rain every 4th of July here because it seems to be so dry and we don't all of our beautiful wooded forests to burn down, let alone the houses. I just can't believe all those people that have died in the disater of that terrible tsunami. The news just keeps getting worse for those poor people. I hope you and your family have fun tonight!

Kempy have fun at your neighbors tonight! I hope you got some customers this week. Also I hope whatever you had, you are feeling better now to bring in the new year!

Angie can't wait to hear about your vacation!

Cherie I also can't wait to hear about how much fun you had too!

Well hus has a half day at work today. So he should be home soon. I am going to go pick up now. I got my dusting in this morning. Got to tackle some more of this house. Julie
Old 12-31-2004, 10:22 PM   #195  

It's Almost 2005!!!! Woohoo, I hope everyone is having fun!