Old 11-04-2004, 06:49 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 177/134/132

Height: 5'5

I just saw both of your responses, Florafae and KandiceA, and I had to resond.

Florafae, wow, congratulations to you for being strong. I know the feeling of seeing everyone else having snacks and wanting to join in. But, kudos to you for drinking hot tea instead!!! And I also know the feeling of getting back in control. It feels better than the first feeling. I am so glad you are with us for this challenge. We shall make it together.

KandiceA, You lost 10 inches this month?! And you lost 28.5 inches total?!! That is soooo awesome!! Your success give me motivation to keep at it, too. So glad you are with us. Again, we shall make it together.

Just wanted to say both of your accomplishments inspire me. Thank you.
(Hugs),
Dena
Den@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 08:50 AM   #32  

yup! the first month of excercising I lost 17.75 inches and then it slowed down for 2 months and then diet and exercise caused me to lose 10 inches this month.

but keep in mind- I wasn't doing ANYTHING! before... so my body went into shock when I started exercising again after 4 years (I played soccer from 4th grade through college and kept in shape during then but after soccer ended for me permently, then I became very sedentary, and my office job doesn't help either!!)

and I had never dieted in my life so when I started dieting (10/4/04) my body went into the same kinda shock I think and it came right off pretty easy... hope it stays that way. cheated and weighed last night- 2 more lbs!! hope I can keep it off until Tuesday to official weigh in day!!

That's what we're here for Dena! to keep each other strong! I love 3FC!!

Last edited by KandiceA; 11-05-2004 at 09:02 AM.
KandiceS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 11:00 AM   #33  

Thumbs up Happy Friday, Everyone!!

Yes, it's Friday. My favorite day of the week! This is my day to reward myself for making it through another week of work and for being so good all week. My reward: Going to the mall and perhaps buy something nice. It's always so much fun this time of the year with all the beautiful decorations being displayed. I feel like it's Christmas already.
How I've done so far today~~
Breakfast: egg, toast
Lunch: Sushi, mushrooms, crackers
Dinner: Out to dinner - 1350 cals total today
Exercise: 30 minute brisk walk
Water: 8

Kandice, you've accomplished so much in a short period of time! And congratulations on losing 2 more pounds. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the scale shows this loss on Monday. Perhaps you'll lose more! Keep up the great work. I bet Chris and your co-workers are impressed, too!

Time for me to go out and exercise.
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!
(Hugs),
Dena

Last edited by Den@; 11-05-2004 at 09:49 PM.
Old 11-05-2004, 12:50 PM   #34  

Good morning.

Pick out something nice for yourself at the mall, Dena. You deserve it. Your support and words of encouragement are truly appreciated.

I'm going in for Lasik surgery in a few hours. Naturally, I'm a little nervous about it, and my stress level has definitely been elevated the last day and half. I'm happy to report, however, that I haven't strayed from my diet and have resisted all the familiar comfort foods.

Enjoy your Friday, everyone, and I will SEE you later.

Florafae
Florafae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 01:46 PM   #35  

Florafae- you have to keep me posted about your LASIK. we had open enrollment for insurance this week and I put money away in my flex spending to get it done next year. I have relatively good eyes (my prescription hasn't changed for 3 years) my left is -3.5 and right is -2.75. been wearing contacts/ glasses since I was 12 (half my life!! Man am I old! LOL!)
Been reading so much about it- can't wait! you have to let me know how yours does!!

Dena- I have to second Flora- your words of encouragement and setting up this challenge are very appreciated! Thank you!

on a non scale success- I think I'm going to try my "skinny" (size 14) jeans tonight. I've been wearing my jeans (size 16) and they're so loose around the hips and waist- with a belt it looks funny and I need a belt or else my bum crack will be showing!! I'm probably the only person in the world that has jeans all kinds of sizes in my closet. from size 10- size 18. my friend- college roomie- she lives in NC now too, she lost a bunch last year so she gave me all her in-between clothes... I want to do the same and get rid of all my FAT clothes! No going back now- ever!!
Old 11-06-2004, 01:59 PM   #36  

It's official! the size 13/14 jeans from Express FIT! (and look d@mn good too!) LOL
I know Chris really appreciated seeing my newly found/ formed bum in the jeans instead of it sagging.
2 maybe 3 sizes left to go! (I would like to be a size 10- never worn a size 10 in my adult life)
WHA-HOO! I'm so excited! I want to wear them all the time to show off now! LOL

Dena,
what did you buy for yourself?
Old 11-06-2004, 02:26 PM   #37  

Good Morning, Everyone!

First of all, thank you, Florafae and KandiceA, for your kind words. I'm glad I started this challenge, too. I've gotten to meet you wonderful gals!

Kandice, I am soooo happy for you!!! Wow, in just a few months you've lost so many inches and can now wear your size 14 jeans!!! Imagine by Christmas! At this rate, you'll be looking like one of those models on TV. I am truly happy for you!!

Florafae, you're going for lasik surgery? I would be a little nervous, too. I'm sure it will turn out fine, but the thought of surgery would make me head for the refrigerator. Good for you for being so strong!!! We want to know every detail and the results. Take care of yourself. I'll say a little prayer for you.

As for me, you know what I did?... I went and got a pedicure! My toes look great and I sat in this chair and got a gentle massage on my back for an hour. Let me tell you, this was a real treat and I recommend it to anyone. Actually this was my first time getting a pedicure, so I didn't know what to expect. But they soaked my feet, massaged my legs and feet, massaged my back and I felt like a princess when i was through. All this for $22! A grand opening price. What a deal. And my hubby was proud of me that I did that, too.

Today~~
Breakfast: Low=fat bran muffin, coffee
Snack: Apple
Dinner: Small caesar salad, Hamburger patty, corn, low-fat cookie
Water:9 glasses

OK, Ladies, Monday (weigh In day) better be good to us. We're all trying very hard. Now the weekend is here. My hardest part of the week. I've got to get through this time with flying colors. Talk to you soon.
(Hugs),
Dena

Last edited by Den@; 11-06-2004 at 08:27 PM.
Old 11-06-2004, 06:10 PM   #38  

Greetings,

Dena: your pedicure experience sounded wonderful. I’ve never had one, but now I’m seriously considering it.

Kandice: size 14 jeans! Wow! I’m very impressed. Good for you.

The LASIK went very well. A few parts of the procedure were uncomfortable, but it was over very quickly. Was it successful? Remarkably so! For many years I have worn very strong glasses for both reading and distance. This morning, I drove to the doctor’s office for a follow-up visit with no glasses at all. Also, for the first time in my life, I’m working at the computer without my computer glasses.

I will still need to wear very weak glasses for reading (I knew this before I had the surgery), but the difference in my eyesight is so amazing, that I still can’t believe it. The doctor said my vision will fluctuate for a couple of months until everything has healed, but so far everything is looking great.

Monday is fast approaching,
Florafae

Last edited by Florafae; 11-07-2004 at 05:19 PM. Reason: spelled name wrong
Old 11-07-2004, 06:00 PM   #39  

Hi Everyone!
Today is a cozy, rainy day here, and it really feels like the holiday season. I love this time of year. Plus I went to the mall today, and ended up buying a nice pair of boots. Boy, am I rewarding myself. I guess all the decorations and pre-Christmas sales are working.

This is today's events~~
For breakfast: low-fat bran muffin, coffee
Lunch: small cup of hot and sour soup, beef and broccoli, some rice, small egg roll, fortune cookie (We went out to a Chinese restaurant for lunch.)
Dinner: hot and sour soup, fortune cookie
Water: 8
Exercise: Walked briskly 30 minutes after breakfast, walked in the mall

Florafae, wow, you are better already? That was fast! So glad to know that all went well, and that you are enjoying seeing without your glasses. Congratulations on your new image!

OK, ladies, tomorrow is the day. Good luck, everyone.
(Hugs),
Dena

Last edited by Den@; 11-08-2004 at 08:51 AM.
Old 11-07-2004, 08:18 PM   #40  

Dena- I love pedicures! Were you ticklish at all? the first time I went I couldn't really relax because I am so ticklish but you get over that real quick. $22 is a real good price- I usually pay $30 plus tip- so usually $40 (the girl who does it also cuts, highlights my hair and does my eyebrows)

Flora- glad the lasik went good- let us know how it goes still

Thank you- I'm so happy- size 14 jeans! it's a huge motivation to me to keep going!

and good luck to everyone tomorrow- weigh in day!
I'll report either Tuesday night or Wednesday morning what my weight was on Tuesday.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:27 AM   #41  

Default Happy Weigh In Day!

Good Morning, Everyone!

It's 6 weeks and 5 days until Christmas. Our little group has set a goal to lose a certain amount of weight to that time. The main purpose is not gain during this holiday season and to perhaps bring in the New Year with a loss. Anyone else who wants to join us is welcome.

The big day~~

I lost 1/2 pound this week. I thought I'd do better, but I'll take it. I'm going to get my old weight watcher sheets out to make sure I'm not overeating. I thought I could wing it, but I want to know for sure. Looks like I need to burn a few more calories, too. My goal was to lose 10 lbs. by Christmas. So far I have lost 2 1/2. 7 1/2 more to go.

Points per day: up to 23
Today:
Breakfast: low-fat bran muffin, coffee=4 pts.
Lunch: Sushi, 5, veg. soup (no fat) 1, couple of chips 1 pt.
Snack: apple: 1 point
Dinner: hamburger patty-6, mayo-1, red peppers with olive oil-2, pear-1
Total: 22
Water: 11
Exercise: Walked briskly for 30 minutes after breakfast, an hour on the treadmill at the gym, 40 minute walk after dinner

Who's next?
(Hugs),
Dena

Last edited by Den@; 11-09-2004 at 10:53 AM.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:51 AM   #42  

Dena- 1/2 a lb is still 1/2 a lb that is no longer on you! (remember me from last week?) congrats on losing still!
Old 11-08-2004, 02:09 PM   #43  

Good morning.

Congratulations, Dena. Not only did you see the scales move in the right direction this past week, but you also improved your overall health (both long term and short term) by choosing healthy foods, eating responsibly and getting plenty of exercise. Hooray for you!

As for me. I've dieted enough times to know that the first week on any diet usually shows good results on the scales, but that most of what is lost is retained water and not fat. Still, I'm really happy to say that I lost 4 pounds this week. I'm hoping that at least half of that is "real" weight.

My weight-loss goal for the coming week is 2.5 pounds. My life-style goals are to exercise ten minutes more per day, to not do so much tasting when I'm cooking supper, and to practice taking smaller portions. I think I will try using a smaller plate at dinner and see if that helps.

As my eyes continue to heal from Lasik, I am losing clarity in my up-close vision (as was expected in my case), but my far-away vision is becoming clearer and clearer. I remain very, very pleased and amazed.

May we all have a good week,
Florafae
Old 11-08-2004, 04:06 PM   #44  

Come on where is everyone else? I'm looking forward to everyone's loss this week!!

DewCan (Goal: 19 lbs.) - 2 lbs. lost
Rollmdl (Goal: 15 lbs.) - 2 lbs. lost
KandiceA (Goal: 8 lbs.) - 1/2 lb lost and 2.1 lbs of body fat lost- I weigh on Tuesdays
Dena (Goal: 10 lbs.) - 2.5 lbs. lost * thru week 2
MissMeliss (Goal: 25 lbs.)
Sharqueen (Goal: 20 lbs.)
tobaccygirl (Goal: 8 lbs.)
Florafae (Goal: 20 lbs.) 4 lbs lost* thru week 2

Last edited by KandiceA; 11-08-2004 at 04:11 PM. Reason: to add flora
Old 11-08-2004, 06:32 PM   #45  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

Dena, I'm here, been busy for a while, sorry.
I was down 1 pound this week and am disappointed. But instead of letting it get me down too much I'm going to reset my Christmas goal. My goal is now 14 pounds to lose. My goal is 179. I'm not using my scale anymore as it was inaccurate, and inconsistant. In accurate is fine, losses were still losses, but inconsistant is too hard to take. So my weight changed on my signature (up of course). Not that anyone really cares but I'm a numbers person. Anyways, I would like to lose 11 more pounds before Christmas.

Flora and Dena, congrats on the losses. Sometimes it's a cood thing to be a loser
DewCan is offline   Reply With Quote