Old 11-08-2004, 06:38 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 177/134/132

Height: 5'5

Kandice, thank you for putting up the weigh in chart. It looks beautiful!! And I forgot to answer your question. Yes, I was totally ticklish and I started laughing when the gal started massaging my feet. I had to force myself not to laugh, which wasn't easy. Good thing the gal laughed with me.

Florafae, congratulations to you!!! Wow, 4 pounds down. You go, girl! Keep up the great work. I like your new goals. You're inspiring me.

I just came back from the gym, where I got on the treadmill for an hour. Plus this morning I walked 30 minutes. Hope to do the same after dinner. I will lose weight next Monday!

Is everyone else hiding? I hope not. You were all so excited last week. Come on gals, we need you.
(Hugs),
Dena
Den@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 06:51 PM   #47  

DewCan, I'm so glad you're still with us!! One pound is excellent! (I wish I coulda seen that on my scale this week.) I think resetting your goal is a great idea. I hate scales. Mine always seem to be inaccurate, too. I know how you feel when one minute it shows a two pound loss and the next minute it shows a two pound gain. I try to be so careful with it, too. I treat it like it's a little baby. I hold it gently and get on it gently. I try not to make too many movements. I look like nut. I don't want to hurt it or it will give me bad results.

I missed your post before. We must have both been typing at the same time.

See ya soon.
(Hugs),
Dena
Old 11-08-2004, 07:14 PM   #48  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

Dena, I can jsut see you cradling your scale and being really nice to it so it will be nice to you.
Diana
DewCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 11:08 AM   #49  

Hi everyone!
I just realized there's only 16 days until Thanksgiving. I'm not ready for that. I'm still trying to get over Halloween and those effects. Since hubby and I won't be traveling at Thanksgiving to be with our families this year (we'll do that at Christmas), I made reservations at a really nice restaurant, because it will be just the two of us, and I'm not cooking. I figured that way we get to have a great time and no leftovers.

DewCan, even though I am super nice to my scale, it's still tempermental. I can't win with that stupid thing.

Kandice, we all anxiously await your good results.

Florafae, because you raised your minutes in exercise, I did the same. Thank you for the motivation.

Roll, are you still with us? Love to hear from you.

Today~~
Breakfast: low-fat bran muffin-4 pts, coffee
Lunch: Enchaladas 12 pts
Dinner: Chicken, corn, spinach in olive oil, pear=7pts
Total: 23
Water: 11
Exercise: 15 minutes brisk walk after breakfast, one hour on treadmill at gym, 30 minute walk after dinner

(Hugs),
Dena

Last edited by Den@; 11-10-2004 at 12:45 PM.
Old 11-09-2004, 02:49 PM   #50  

I lost 3 lbs! went to get weighed at lunch time. so 3.5 since starting the challenge.
down to 190 even. 5 more lbs to go for Christmas challenge and 35 more to go for my goal!

the 3lbs lost this week are also 2.712 lbs of body fat. I'm so glad that it's actual FAT coming off.

and since starting my diet on 10/4 I've lost 15 lbs total and of that 15- 9.385 lbs of it was body fat.
KandiceS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 05:37 PM   #51  

Default Hello, ladies

Is it too late to join? I'd love to be a part of this challenge. It sounds like everyone is doing well. My weight loss for the holidays would be to have 10 pounds gone by Christmas. That would put me under 200 for the first time in at least ten years. What a way to start out the new year!

Yesterday-30 minute walk in the morning; 20 cardio and 25 weights in the evening at the Y.
Today- 30 minute walk this morning. Don't know if I'll make it to the Y tonight but I might just sweat w/Richard Simmons at home!

Eating is going well. I'm doing WW and I am very pleased w/my results. Since I started WW about three-four months ago, I've lost 26 pounds. I had lost about 15 on my own before that but needed some accoutability if I am going to make this lifestyle change stick. I feel so much better.

Anyway, have a great health day! I look forward to getting to know everyone!
skinny_butt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 05:47 PM   #52  

Hi skinnybutt- I'd say sure you can join us- there's still 6 weeks or so until christmas. Just read our thread and get to know us!
I'm doing the Lowcarb Curves plan Phase 2 now (40-60 carbs/ day) combined with Curves 30-min workout 5x a week and lost 15 lbs since 10/4 and like 28+ inches too
it's working for me

Trust me- under 200 feels great! I was so disappointed with myself for getting over 200 (just this past couple years) but did nothing about it and it give you such more motivation when the scale actually starts coming down! (and the lower pants sizes too! I'm quite proud of my new bum if you couldn't tell )

but anyways welcome! weigh in day is monday!
Old 11-09-2004, 07:53 PM   #53  

Hi guys,
I just got back from the gym, where I spent an hour on the treadmill. Woo Hoo!! Burn them cals.

Hi tobaccygirl, so glad you're back with us. Congratulations on losing 23 lbs., going to water aerobics and to the Y for a weight training program That's what I need to do... start lifting weights again. Good for you for eating more fruits and veggies. We both have 7 1/2 pounds to lose by Christmas. We can do this!

KandiceA, CONGRATULATIONS ON LOSING ANOTHER 3 POUNdS and 2.712 of body fat!!!!! I'm so totally impressed. You're really doing a great job and an inspiration to us all.

Welcome, skinny! Wow, I love your exercise program. You'll certainly get to your 10 pound goal by Christmas. I like to sweat to Richard Simmons, too. Maybe I'll pull out that tape again. That's how I got started losing weight a few years ago by sweating to his tapes. He makes exercise fun. Congratulations on losing 26 lbs at ww and 15 before that!

Florafae, how are you dong? How's your eyes?

OK, time for dinner. Talk to you soon.
(Hugs),
Dena

Last edited by Den@; 11-09-2004 at 07:55 PM.
Old 11-09-2004, 07:56 PM   #54  

Is it too late to join the Christmas Challenge?? If not, count me in...I'm in desperate need to lose about 20 pounds before I have to meet with all my relatives again

Krista
kristaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 10:54 PM   #55  

Hi krista,
Welcome to the Merry Christmas Challenge! We got you down for 20 lbs. by Christmas. You show them relatives! (Weigh in day is Monday).
(Hugs),
Dena
Old 11-10-2004, 01:17 AM   #56  

Congratulations, Kandice! Way to go. You are getting so close to your Christmas goal.

An hour on the treadmill? Wow, Dena. That’s great!

I, too, have been thinking about Thanksgiving. As always, I will be fixing a large dinner for family and “strays”. I'll need a lot of willpower to get through it without blowing my diet, especially when it comes to the stuffing/dressing (my favorite part of the meal), but as Richard Simmons says, “It’s all about portions, portions, portions.” I’m so glad that I have the weekly weigh-in and the support of our group to help me stay on track.

Thanks for asking about my eyes. They're doing great. It has only been five days since the Lasik surgery, and it has already made such a difference in so many ways. For instance, I am actually able to read the scales without holding a pair of glasses at arms length and trying to get the magnification just right.

And finally, a big welcome and hello to Skinny B. and Krista. I'm glad you're joining us.

And now, I'll say goodnight.
Florafae
Florafae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 09:07 AM   #57  

hi everyone! glad to have 2 new members- Dena- have you updated the chart for everyone?

Flora- I love hearing about your lasik... I really want to get it done next year now.

Bonnie- I am putting in a lot of work but only because I want to get this off and have it stay off. from May 2003 to October 2004 I gained almost 30 lbs without even noticing it (well, noticing it a little because I did buy a bigger size) so now that I've lost 15 I'm feeling a lot better about myself and wanting to lose that other 15 to get back to where I was. But I think back and even then I was truly happy with my body or the way that clothes fit- so 25 lbs extra off of that is the goal. still a long ways away but everyone here and then my own personal successes keep me going. and the motivation of seeing me in my wedding dress and then also the bikinis on our honeymoon. All of that, but it's not going to stop after the wedding- I can't let myself go back to that. getting winded climbing stairs, no energy, I'm not letting myself get back to that ever.

Congrats Bonnie on eatting fruit and staying within your calorie range- I'm sure you'll see results that way.

I'd be interested in what everyone's plans are for t-day? are you going to take a free day? or not eat certain things? I know down here in the south sweet potatoes and marshmallows are a huge thing. I'm asking my MIL to just bake me a sweet potato instead for me. and planning on having turkey still- eat everything in moderation I guess- but I won't be counting carbs that day. I don't want to have to dig through the trash to get cans labels and everything in front of FI's family. and stay away from the cranberry sauce...
Old 11-10-2004, 10:09 AM   #58  

Good Morning, Everyone!
Sorry I haven't calculated the new chart this morning, but I'm running late.

Kancice, if you want to do the honors of changing the chart, I'd appreciate it. Otherwise, I'll come back later on to do it.

Have a great day, everyone!! And Keep on doing your best.

Our group is totally hot!
(Hugs),
Dena
Old 11-10-2004, 01:25 PM   #59  

OK, I'm back.

Here's our success so far:

DewCan (Goal: 14 lbs.) 3 lbs. lost
KandaceA (Goal: 8 lbs.) 3 1/2 lost and 4.812 lbs. of body fat lost
Florafae (Goal: 20 lbs.) 4 lbs. lost
Dena (Goal: 10 lbs.) 2 1/2 lbs. lost
tobaccygirl (Goal: 8 lbs.) 1 lb. lost
Rollmdl (Goal: 15 lbs.) 2 lbs. lost
Skinny B (Goal: 10 lbs.)
Krista (Goal: (20 lbs.)
Miss Meliss (Goal: 25 lbs.)
Sharqueen (Goal: 25 lbs.)

I hope I didn't make any mistakes.

Good luck, everyone!
(Hugs),
Dena

Last edited by Den@; 11-10-2004 at 03:23 PM.
Old 11-10-2004, 04:35 PM   #60  

Default Hello, everyone!

Thanks for the warm welcome! I've been reading over the previous posts in an effort to get to know everyone but be patient w/me. It sounds like everyone is doing well and is very motivated to get healthy. Dena-thanks for starting this challenge. I think it's just what I needed to keep my focus.

Things here are good. Eating is going well, although I did split a dessert w/a coworker at lunch-time today. I don't get cravings that much but I was really wanting something sweet. As a matter of fact, I rather shocked my friend when I ask her to split a dessert w/me. She said, what-you never eat dessert! It was very good and 1/2 the calories!

I walked for 30 minutes this morning and that's probably all I'll get today. I'm pretty active at our church and Weds. are a busy evening for us. But, 30 minutes is better than nothing! I will definitely walk in the morning and hit the Y tomorrow.

FLorafee-do you feel "naked" w/o your glasses? I have worn glasses since kindergarten and I'm not sure I could funtion w/o them! I have considered lasik, though. Maybe in a couple of years; we'll see. Glad it has gone well for you.

Kandice-congrats on the smaller pants! I'm wearing a pantsuit right now that's two sizes smaller than what I was wearing last year. It does feel great doesn't it? Keep up the good work!

Bonnie-are you starting the ready to be fit program at the Y? That's what I'm doing right now and I love it! The folks who work at the Y are really good at making you feel comfortable, aren't they! you're doing excellent w/your challenge! Way to go.

Dean-you're are doing great as well. You ladies surely know how to motivate, don't you? The motto for this thread must be "lead by example!" Glad to be a part of it!

I will be going to my sister's house for Thanksgiving. We are preparing dinner together so I'm looking forward to that. We're fixing WW variations on traditional foods and tradition recipes as well. I'll just eat less of the traditional foods and leave them for others. On my WW plan, I get 26 points a day and 35 flexpoints a week. I have already planned out a 27 point menu so I won't have to use that many points, I'll get to eat what I want and enjoy my time w/my family. It's a win/win situation!

Well, ladies-gotta run! Have a great health day! Be kind to yourself!
skinny_butt is offline   Reply With Quote