3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Way Over 40 #11 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/47791-way-over-40-11-a.html)

Lizziepie 12-01-2004 08:57 PM

Candice: So glad to hear that things are better with your Mom. I hope you can have some peace of mind now.

I don't think we will be having much in the way of Christmas decorations. No energy from either of us. Just have to wait and see as each day goes by. I am doing better every day. My instructions are to walk, walk, walk, and let my body tell me what I can do in small ventures. No lifiting, reaching, pulling, pushing, so that lets out the cleaning. Have a cleaning lady coming now when she can. She is very thorough.

Barb: Hope you get rid of the cold.

Hi everyone. Ann

ageoldie 12-02-2004 09:45 PM

Ann your story sound just like my moms. She had the colon cancer last year and they took out the infected section of instestines. She two was in the hospital a lot longer that they said she would be, because she kept throwing up. Anyway that was a year ago last Oct 1st and she is doing fantastic. She has even gotten a part time job. She'w working for Kohl's department stores and loving it.

CJ glad things are going okay for you mom. It's hard as they get older, and especially if you aren't near.

Hope everyone else has a great day.

http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/20039...orateddeer.gif

Candicej 12-04-2004 03:06 AM

Lizzie just listen to your body, glad you got a cleaning person and she is good..they are hard to find I think!

Barb...I love all your Christmas graphics! Keep them coming, very cheery! :D

So far so good with mom........

I have not started baking yet, have all my stuff bought and dug out all my storage containers and baking stuff but we need to clean the freezer out, cause that is where I keep everything untill I give it away. It is a big chest freezer and hard for me to do alone and my son can't help like he usually does so I told DH he had too, we will see.

I made a new recipe for chex mix with oil and dry ranch dressing mix and it tastes like the oil.....did I use the wrong kind or something? I used canola cause that is all I have for cooking..don't use it much. Maybe it was too old? I guess I will have to throw the stuff out if it does not taste right tomorrow! made some regular mix too and it is not seasoned enough...I can't seem to cook with not much of an appetite

Candicej 12-06-2004 02:45 AM

Got the freezer cleaned and defrosted and I am hurting form head to toe..taht is an awful job!!!!!!!!!

Candicej 12-08-2004 07:57 AM

Baked some tonight but hurting pretty bad, not sure I can do much more. Gotta get some rest and maybe take a break from baking and wrapping, my right arm is killing me from the shoulder down and in the ribs.

ageoldie 12-09-2004 07:32 PM

Candice: Our Baking Queen, this one's for you!
Looks like everyone is busy these days. Candice, I know what you mean about hurting, I wasn't able to do nearly as much as I usually do this year!

http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/20039...lbs_barb_g.gif

Lizziepie 12-09-2004 08:20 PM

Just a quick update. I'm doing fine, stronger every day and that is good, since DH is in the hospital with a blood clot in his right leg. They are also working on finding out why his red blood count is so low. I don't get up there early enough to get to talk to the Dr. but I know they are taking good care of him.

There won't be any holiday baking, or even decorations this year. Just more than we can put together I think. We'll just enjoy everyone elses. Ann

Candicej 12-11-2004 05:33 AM

Thanks Barb..she is so cute!

Lizzie sorry about your DH hope they find out what is worn..low blood count does not sound good.

WEll...I have my thrid batch of chex mix in and got several batches of cookies made, some good some not so good..I did real well on the eating the first night and then I kept dropping some and had to eat them cause I will not throw anything out! did get on the tredmill tonight since DH ws gone to a friends house for a Christmas get together, they used to live her but moved to a big new fancy house south of here. He is my husbands cousin and the buick dealer and they are loaded and she knows how to spend! We used to be close but she got fed up with my not feeling well alot and she also got goofy in the head on pain pills for her mastectomy. I got tired of a one sided friendship..just no fun but she used to give nice gifts

Lizziepie 12-11-2004 04:02 PM

A quick report. Brought DH home from the hospital yesterday. He is doing okay. He is going to have B12 shots and some iron infusion introvenously once a week. It is goo to see him with some color in his cheeks again. I improve daily, but sure do get tired quickly. Where is everyone? Candice, it seems like it is just we two. sounds like you are doing well with the cookies. Christmas this year will be different, for sure for us. Neither one of us feels like doing much. We are just doing our thing, and resting as we need. Ann

ageoldie 12-12-2004 04:35 PM

Ann, you are a perfect example of the old saying, when it rains, it pours" I'm so sorry about your DH. It's no fun being sick during the holidays. I had to cut way back on my decorating this year, and I'm also cutting back on presents. (I've never been one to do much baking and cooking, I just eat what everyone else does!)

CJ, I hear you about your friend who got tired of you feeling bad!!! It's not as if you ENJOY feeling bad It's just that we don't look sick, so people don't understand!

I still think of Mona, and wonder whatever happened to her.

http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/20039...istmasTree.gif

muffinsmom 12-13-2004 05:30 PM

Wishing you all a Happy Holiday and Ann I hope you and hubby are on the mend. Certainly sounds like you had more than your share. Wishing you a better New Year.

alice,trying to get hold of you but don't seem to get thru. We are in Fla now and would love to meet you like I did Ann a few years back.

Would loove to decorate this message as you girls do but don't have a clue as to how. Bernice

Candicej 12-14-2004 03:49 AM

Lizzie, glad DH is home! Take it easy, sounds like you are...wish I could...I need to learn to tell myself NO! LOL

I know barb..we look the picture of health and usually are over achievers so they expect more out of us. If we lived closer we could chat over tea and cookies!

Lizziepie 12-14-2004 10:11 PM

Making progress now. Drove for the first time yesterday, taking DH for his iron infusion. Couldn't believe that we used up most of a morning, by the time the paper work is done, and all the red tape before they can actually get started. It is good to drive again.

We managed to put up a couple of decorations outside today. so we are not completely without the Christmas Spirit.

Bernice and Alice - Hope you two can get together. Wish we three could make it but there is quite a distance between us.

Barb and Candice _ you two have a lot in common. Except Barb, I don't hear you talking about cookies. Do you bake too?

Where is Siwa? Did she go on another trip?

'See' you all another day. Ann

Siwaoasis 12-16-2004 11:21 AM

I'm still here--just been busy. Tonite is my big party of the year. Hosting 8 former co-workers. We've been together since the 70's. The party theme is angels this time. I've made halos for all to wear and asked that the pot luck item be a food that reminds them in ANY way of angels. My dessert is called "chocolate angel" Angels scattered all over the house. Angel ornament at each place for them to take home.

ANN--Glad to hear that you're getting around better and your DH also.

ageoldie 12-16-2004 08:41 PM

No, I don't bake much, but I sure like to eat cookies!!!

http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/20039...lbs_barb_g.gif