3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Way Over 40 #11 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/47791-way-over-40-11-a.html)

Siwaoasis 11-19-2004 12:20 PM

Just every day life going on here. We've had warm days and nites. Going to Red Hat gatherings--book club and card club. I'm finally beginning to catch on to 500. Hair cut--too short. don't like it but it will grow out--such is life.

Lizziepie 11-19-2004 03:34 PM

Just a quick hello. I have been home from hospital for about a week now, and am finally able to sit for a time at the computer without just fading away. So I will try and keep in touch a bit now. Haven't taken time to read all the back posts, but alwo will try to caatch up. Have a nice weekend. Ann

Lizziepie 11-19-2004 03:47 PM

P.S. This surgery turned out to be a bit more extensive than originally thought. My possible 5 to 7 days in hospital turned into 10. It was nearly 6 days before i could have anything by mouth except ice chips. And I was being hydrated introvenously all that time. I'll tell you more later. Ann

soready 11-19-2004 10:15 PM

Ann, So glad you are back. Sounds like it was more than you bargained for but I'm glad its behind you. Bernice

aleka 11-20-2004 06:10 AM

Ann,
Glad that you're back. What an ordeal you've been through. Hope you'll be feeling more like yourself soon. Alice

Lizziepie 11-24-2004 06:55 PM

Getting better every day. Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Ann

ageoldie 11-24-2004 07:34 PM

http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/20039...giving/ht5.gif

Hello everyone, I've just spent the last hour or so catching up. Sorry I haven't been around, no excuse.

Ann I'm glad your ordeal with the hospital is over and you will soon be feeling much better.

Hi to everyone else. I's still struggling but can't seem to loose a pound with out gaining back 3 or 4. Just not fair.

I'll try to be back again tomorrow.

http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/20039...arbexplode.gif

Lizziepie 11-27-2004 02:44 PM

HOpe you all had a great Thanksgiving. Now DH and I are on our own, as DD left this p.m. to go home and back to work. Will miss all her pampering. See you tomorrow. Ann

ageoldie 11-27-2004 05:49 PM

I told you I'd be back. I'e had four days off work. As you may remember, this has always been my weekend to put up all my Christmas decorations, and I would go overboard with them. Well I'm not coping very well with this :censored: diseasae. I've cut way back this year, just one tree in the living room and my santa collection in the den, and a couple of small fiber optic trees that all I have to do is take them out of the box. It has taken me all weekend long to do just that little bit, and I've had to stop and rest about every hour.; It is so fustrating no to be able to do what I want to do. I feel so helpless and inadequate in everything I try to do. But I didn't come here to whine,

Hope everyone had a great weekend. My mom finally got a job about 2 months ago, she is working as a cashier at Kohl's department store, she only works aboutr 4 hours 3 or 4 days a week. She had to be a work at 5:15 AM Friday and she said when she got there, she had to fight her way up to the door to get in! That just blows my mind.

http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/20039...GGYS/barbg.gif

Siwaoasis 11-28-2004 01:46 AM

ANN--Glad to see you popping in once in a while. Glad to know that everything is working out for you now.

We had our first snow last nite. Only 1 inch and most of it's gone by now. We had such a long warm fall and it was so delightful. I knew winter had to come sooner or later.

I began decorating for Christmas on Friday. Much is up but more to do yet. Nephew's 5th birthday celebration today. Went Christmas dress shopping with 2 nieces on Wednesday. The sales had alreasy begun so got a couple good deals on dresses. 30% off. That puts the dresses in a reasonable price range.

I've begun dieting again and saw a 3.5# loss after the first week. With all the celebrations this week I don't know how I'm doing. I'd be happy with maintaining this week. I won't step on the scale until Thursday. It feels good to be losing again. I always feel to healthy when I eat in this sensible way. It's just not fun to do it EVERY day!

Candicej 11-28-2004 06:18 AM

Lizzie... glad you are home and recooping.

Barb...you sound like me now!

Siwa..we had 8 inches but almost gone now but more coming tues maybe.

Don't feel much like Hoidays right now, my mom is in kidney failure due to the stomach flu a few weeks back that dehydrated her. My brother did not take her for medical attention, didn't think she needed it.(she has alzheimers and he is her caregiver) If she lives through Monday they will send her home to die with hospice care. Now I am trying to decide if I can make several trips one to see her and one for the funeral and then Christmas again. (6 hours one way and I am not feeling the best and having vision problems, and then there is the weather.) I'm just really stressed and an emotional basket case. We cannot even reach our one son and the other one says he cannot get out of school to drive me, DH does not want to make more than one trip either. I am forceing myself to eat right now so losing some...that is the only up side to this!

Might not get back here for awhile..just depends.

aleka 11-28-2004 07:42 AM

Ann, it was good hearing from you. How are you feeling? Hope you're taking it easy and getting enough rest.

Candice, I am so sorry about your mother. I will be thinking of you. If your mother doesn't have much time, why don't you just go to see her, stay there until after the funeral, then come home. At Christmas, invite everyone to your house instead of you making another trip.

Barb, I've been seeing on the news about all the rain down your way. Did you get a lot? That's great your mother got a job a Kohls. It will give her something to do. We've started getting our Christmas stuff out too and it takes us just about the whole weekend to get everything up and each year we put up less and less. This year with the new house we will be putting up a little extra.

Siwa, congratulations on your weight loss. Are you doing one of the diets from Curves? I can't get over how much people decorate their houses here in FL. Quite a few people had their decorations out before Thanksgiving. Some decorations are quite tasteful and some that are not.

Have a good day everyone.
Alice

ageoldie 11-29-2004 07:46 PM

Yes, we've had lots and lots of rain. A cold front came in today so maybe now I can get in the holiday spirit. Ole Alvin gave me his cold, and I came home from work about 3:30 and went to bed.

Cj: so sorry about your mom. I agree with Alice, why not go and stay? Especially since you don't think it will be long? How old is your mother? I can't imagine living 6 hours away from my Mom. We don't even live 6 blocks from each other. But you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Siwa: Congrats on the weight loss, I keep struggling, but nothing moves.

http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/20039...pyHolidays.gif

Candicej 11-30-2004 02:22 AM

Barb and Alice Mom is 82 and been in good health except for her mind so my brother kept her at home, the house we grew up in and that is where we stay when we go there. They would never come here, it is a home thing......

Looks like we won't be making the trip unless we get a call that she is worse, my sister says she is stabilized and moving to a nursing home Wednesday and things would just be too hectic if I am there cause I am the emotional one along with my niece. And when we made the plans we were to have good weather for 3 days but they have changed it to snow and ice. I know I can't help or do anything for her so why do I fell so bad not being there...do you think this feeling will pass if I do not make it be for she does. We will be going there for Christmas as a family this year and my sis says she thinks mom will be around then and if she gets worse they will call me. I can't hardley eat all my pts or sleep much, can't even bake...but I did clean and do laundry today for DH thinking I was leaving this week. Now I have a sick kitty too..one of them is throwing up blood, I think maybe some hard treats might have torn there insides cause that is what came up. They all act ok...but I better call the vet I guess.

Siwa they say during the holidays you should just try to maintain and not lose so you are probably ok.

Candicej 12-01-2004 01:36 AM

she is in the nursing home and all is ok right now.