3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Way Over 40 #11 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/47791-way-over-40-11-a.html)

aleka 10-22-2004 09:07 AM

Ann, sorry about the change in schedule. I'm sure you just want to get the surgery over with. I'm still thinking of you.

Alice

Siwaoasis 10-22-2004 09:35 AM

Sure could tell it had been a few weeks since I'd been in the garden. The sore muscles lasted for a couple days. I always think that because I go to Curves I'm working most muscles and gardening shouldn't be such a pain--literally, but it doesn't work that way. Those people who think gardening isn't exercise must only have flowers in a couple pots! All better now tho. Taking our oldest cat to the vet today. Wondering if the changes in him are just old age or if there is some problem. Had a crown prep yesterday and it went so quickly that it was a breeze. Unfortunately it's probably because I'm getting used to the procedure cuz I've had it so many times. I just hate the fact that I'm having so many crowns but.........the dentist said it's happening to all the baby boomers due to the silver fillings expanding and contracting so that they crack the teeth. Oh well, such is life!

Had a good time last nite at Red Hat 500 club and I'm not even a card player. I'm just learning and so I just plunge right in w/my bids thinking I'll never make them and then I often take more tricks than I bid. I am somewhat of a timid bidder. I haven't learned when I have enuf to do well.

ANN--I've changed the date of your surgery in my mind and so November it is.

soready 10-22-2004 07:50 PM

Ann, sorry to hear you need surgery but you certainly will be in my thought and prayers that the outcome will be good.
Alice,Sounds like you have had quite a welcome to Fla. We were told we lost some screens on the lanai but we will deal with it when we get back. We leave Dec 2 and we can't wait. The leaves have turned and they are falling fast. It's getting cold here and I can't wait to come back to Venice. Perhaps we can meet for lunch.
Haven't posted here in a while cause I couldn't find you guys.
I'm not concerned about the flu shot as I have never taken one. Figure if I stay out of crowds and do alot of handwashing I should be OK.
Hope everyone is doing well. Bernice

aleka 10-23-2004 07:04 AM

Bernice, we got a nice big welcome from Jeanne :lol: Thankfully we had no damage whatsoever. I think we were just south of it. Getting together for lunch sounds like a great idea. This weekend they're having some sort of festival in Centennial Park in Venice. They're closing off parts of Venice Ave. & Nokomis Ave. We had planned on going, but when we heard how many people were expected, we decided to stay put, as we don't like crowds all that much. The weather here has been hot. Last Sunday was delightful, we were able to shut the air off and open up the whole house. One day DH & I were somewhere, either Walmart or some other store, and I saw a lady walking with about 4 or 5 little white dogs all on leashes and I thought of you.

Ann, hope you're doing ok. Has it cooled off where you are?

Hi Siwa, Candace :wave:

Have a good Saturday.
Alice

Siwaoasis 10-23-2004 11:40 AM

ALICE--I used to live on Nokomis Ave here in MN! We also have a Hiawatha Av, Lake Hiawatha, statue of Hiawatha, etc. All those indian names are all over here.

Lizziepie 10-23-2004 09:01 PM

Hi everyone:
Bernice: How nice to hear from you. I think you must have a new email address since I haven't had any luck with kashapuppy. Glad to hear you didn't get much damage from any of the hurricanes. We are waiting for new shingles, but we are not leaking so of course we are not on the priority list. I had been wondering where you finally built your house. Do you like the Venice area? My SIL and BIL go to Bonita Springs every winter. They like it, but we don't like the traffic. Central Fl just doesn't get the
enormous amout of traffic yet, but I am fearful it is coming because there is so much building going on all around here.

Siwa: I'll now be finding my 'other' muscles, (as I do Curves too) as I spent most of today transplanting amaryillis bulbs, and doing some chrysanthemums out front. I wanted to get all that done, so they could get a good start, before I go to the hospital. Right now everything looks very pretty. I hope they all survive.

Alice: I'm with you and crowds, and right now I sure am staying away from them. Don't want any bugs. I did get a flu shot this past week. It was available, and so I took advantage of it. The Dr. said it didn't matter before or after, so I picked before.

It is some cooler, but not a lot. We had one really cool Sunday, and it was nice to have the air off. We had a good breeze today, so I didn't mind working outside. Ordinarlily, I wouldn't work outside during the afternoon. I would do it early in the a.m. or wait until after 4:00p.m. I got a bit of sunburn on my face. That is unusual for me since I most often wear a hat, but didn't do it today.

Where are you this weekend, Candice? Making cookies?

Have a good one, everyone. Ann

soready 10-24-2004 12:12 AM

It's getting cold here up North and we can't wait to head South. We have all those indian names here too and a town called Lake Hiawatha. We didn't think Venice or the surrounding area was that crowded, remember we come from NJ which is super congested. Never had trouble getting into restaurants and any place where there was something going on was not at all bad with all the people. Plenty of building going on in Sarasota County too. Wasn't me with all those doggies but we are acoming. The only thing I don't like is they have to be taken out on a leash where here I open my door, they do their business and come right in. But the pluses outweigh the minuses so I just make the best of it. Ann, add tellurian . net to the first part and you have my e-mail addy. Alice, we definetely will meet as we live so close. Catch ya all later. Bernice

Candicej 10-24-2004 06:25 AM

No baking here....still no oven and I really msis it! Spent 3 hours getting the garage ready for winter but still not done, we have DH's side to do yet...got all my pots emptied out and stored finnally. Over 50 pots..........I think I need to cut back! I know I use alot of muslces when I garden too. I thought you all would be so fit going to curves..wonder why that does not get all the muscles?

aleka 10-24-2004 07:30 AM

Good morning,

Siwa, the town just north of Venice is called Nokomis, and the welcome sign has an American Indian on it, who I believe is Hiawatha, but it looks more like a woman to me. In NH we had a lot of Indian names too. Lake Winnepesaukee and most of the lakes around were Indian names. There were also a few streets. Down here some of the streets have a Spanish origin.

Ann, right now the traffic isn't too..too bad. We've been told that in the winter months it takes you twice as long to get somewhere. There seems to be quite a few accidents. I'm going to have to be on my toes a lot down here, where I'm not used it coming from the sticks. Where I live now there are quite a few empty lots with a lot of vegetation on them. Our street is a relatively quite one, for which I'm thankful. There is a lot of building going on around us though. I think North Port is just seeing its boom.

Bernice, you're on for lunch some day. To me, Venice has a lot of traffic. :eek: Especially Rte 41 & the by-pass. Rte 41 is awful during the winter. But, in the off season you can fire a canon down it and not hit anything. :lol: You would be amazed at the difference.

Candice, good luck with getting your garage ready for winter. I know that iss quite a chore.

Have a great day.
Alice

soready 10-25-2004 02:36 AM

Hi Alice, We spent our first winter in Venice and even tho all us snobirds were here and there was traffic I still didn't think it was as bad as the way people drive there. Took some getting used to, to have people cross over 4-6 lanes of traffic when you are going 50 miles an hr on 41. Kamikazi driving. Here in NJ we have jughandles which I know is an anethema to those not used to it but we don't take our lives in our hands trying to go across the highway. Found out what defensive driving means.
North Port will experience a huge building boom proposed for the next 10 years. Can you imagine what 41 will be like then? Actually the only roads are 41 and 75 and when a truck took out the bridge on 75 you can't believe what was doing on Jacaranda and 41. It went on for days till they could rebuild the bridge. Erik Estrada is the spokesman for a development company pushing lots in Northport. It runs on TV here all the time. 24,ooo dollars for a 1/4 acre lot I think.
Have you been to Siesta Key? Fabulous beach. We land up there several times a week for an hr or two. I just love the blue green water of the Gulf. Time to go to bed, can't sleep so I put a load of laundry in and it's 2:36 AM so I'll say good-nite. Bernice

Lizziepie 10-25-2004 09:23 AM

Even tho' I like the beach, you have just described why we aare happy here in Central Fl. Being a sort of 'country girl' that traffic just boggles my mind. We took 45 min. to go 6 miles last winter with SIL in Bonita Beach. That is just not for me.

Today DH goes for another epidural. I sure hope this relieves the pain he has. A busy week, but I'll be back now and again. Ann

Candicej 10-28-2004 01:26 AM

Sounds like florida is getting to crowed!

No sleep today and yesterday we got the oven fixed so I got it all ceaned up, went for a hair cut ( too short again) and then off shopping and it was rainy and windy the whole time. Now I am very tired......baked some ham and potatoes in my fresh cleaned oven! So hope I can sleep today.

Candicej 10-31-2004 06:52 AM

:D ;) :lol:

aleka 11-01-2004 07:41 AM

Good morning,

It's awfully muggy here this morning. I was wilted by the time we got back from our walk.

My IL's were here for a couple days before heading to Ft Myers. They loved the house and my MIL was all set to move in. :fr: :lol:

Ann, good luck to you tomorrow. I will be thinking of you. :lucky: :goodluck:

Bernice, we've had some lovely weather here. On Sat. we had the house wide open and it was great. We have been running the air these past couple of days though. Sat. we went for a ride to discover Englewood. It's nice over there. When my IL's were here we went to Venice for dinner one night. Being New Englanders, we went to Bit of Boston. It's one of our favorite places to eat. It won't be long before you'll be heading this way. There really aren't too many people around yet. It should be interesting to see how crowded it is this year with so many places destroyed by Charley, the rentals are few and far between.

Hi Siwa, Candice :wave:

Have a good day.
Alice

Lizziepie 11-01-2004 08:45 AM

good Morning everyone: I'm sticking close to the bathroom as I am working on the colonoscopy procedure. Have to go in this a.m. The Dr. will mark the spot for tomorrow. So you probably won't hear from me for about a week.

Candice: You were talking about not sleeping. does the full moon affect your sleep? It does mine. I can almost always count on one or two bad nights when there is a full moon. And this time with the eclipse it was 3 nights, up in the living room reading etc.

Alice: We are having nice weather. It is so nice. My DD ishere to be with us when I have the surgery. It is nice to have her here.

Hi Siwa - Bernice- Hope you all are having good days. Say a prayer or two on Tues. Ann