Old 11-03-2004, 03:08 PM   #46  
GmaTo8

I know a woman just like this!! I have remained friends, but don't share anything with her that I wouldn't want published on the front page of the newspaper, and she lost my trust completely!

What's a Jaded Lady to do about someone who is repeatedly late for meetings, get-togethers, etc?
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 04:23 PM   #47  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Know exactly what ya mean Jane. I know several women like that and I don't say anything I wouldn't want repeated. But then I don't have anything against anyone that I would be talking about them anyway, so that's not a problem. Don't trust them and never will and while I said friends they really aren't friends. Anywhoo...on to your question...

For me it depends on how late they are. I have a friend who is habitually late, no matter what. I have learned to accept it and compensate. When we meet I know not to get there too early as I really don't like to wait on people. Again it depends on how long a wait. If it is less than 1/2 hour I can deal with it but longer than that no way. I honestly don't care to wait on someone for very long. I would definitely say something though like "If you are going to be late from now on could you please give me a call" unless of course there was an accident and the traffic was backed up to cause her to be late or if there was an emergency. I tend to worry that something happened if they are too late. Again, I think it goes back to the person, like my friend who is late for everything-everything! I just expect it from her.

What would you do if you caught your hubby kissing your sister and they said it was nothing, just a greeting kind of kiss? But it looked pretty hot and heavy to you?

(This is totally hypothetical as my hubby has never met my sisters!)
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 06:22 AM   #48  

Height: 5'1"

I'd throw a fit! Call me insecure but I can just see myself be that way. Although, I can NEVER even imagine any of my sisters and James.....He loves me too much!

Ok....this one happened at work today.....so here it goes.

One of the lead ladies told me that a former Sony worker applied at OML, told me who it was and asked me what I thought of her......this woman was slow, hard to train and had many many problems w/orders, but she tried hard and was a very nice person....what woudl JL tell the lead?

BTW.....the other one I wrote about the heavy woman, that happened to me too when I went up to the employment office. I did exactly what you suggested, kept walking. She scared me although I felt for her.
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 10:26 AM   #49  
One day at a time

I could/would never be a boss because I have such a big heart and believe in giving everyone a chance so...I would just tell her she is a nice person and a hard worker. Because you don't really know if maybe she has changed since working at Sony. Maybe now she is really needing a job and is willing to try even harder. And if not they will find out and fire her or at least have a talk with her.

What would a JL do if her best friend that you have known for 10 years or better, or you thought she was your best friend, was getting married and she asked someone she has known only a couple of months to be her maid of honor and you thought for sure she would ask you? Or at least ask you to be a bridesmaid. And she doesn't even bother to include you in any part of it, just to be there on the day and to be at the shower. Then when the day finally arrives she totally ignores you and you find out later that they went to a hotel with some other friends to party before going off on their honeymoon.
Old 11-04-2004, 12:15 PM   #50  
Samantha

OUCH. That would hurt big time. I would probably call her up, after the wedding, honeymoon, after everything has settled back down, and ask her why she did that to me. It's possible she didn't mean to hurt you, but it's also possible that she doesn't feel the same way about you, and maybe you should keep your distance.

What would you do if:

You made a wonderful pot of chili for you & your husband. There might be a little bit extra for leftovers. Just as you are starting to eat, your neighbor comes over to hang out, so being a nice Jaded Lady, you offer her a small bowl. She goes home to get a HUGE bowl & fills it up, even though your husband isn't home from work to eat yet, and now there isn't enough left for him! What would you do?
Samantha2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 01:04 PM   #51  
GmaTo8

Well, since she's already filled it up, I'd let it go. No way would I humiliate her by asking her to put some back. And I would consider it a lesson learned, lol, while I call out for pizza for DH.

This really happened: Neal, being very proud of me, told one of the other professors (teeny tiny female) that I've lost 78 pounds now, and she said "Wow, that's great... how much does she weigh now?" Neal said "I don't know how much she weighs and I'm sure not going to ask her, ha ha." But don't you think this took nerve on her part??? If/when I run into her, I won't bring it up, but if she does, what should I say?

(Btw, a church friend said to me "What size do you wear now, if you don't mind my asking?" And I replied, "Well, I don't really discuss that since sizes vary so much and aren't really a true indicator of my loss.")
Old 11-04-2004, 05:01 PM   #52  
One day at a time

To be honest I don't really see anything wrong with the question but that's me and everyone is different. The people that I have known that have lost a lot of weight were very proud of making it to goal and didn't mind at all telling others what their starting weight was and what they were at at goal. And I would do the same because when I make my goal I would be more than happy to tell anyone and everyone what I weigh or what size I wear. Shoot, you ladies all know how much I weigh now and I keep going up and down!! But if it is too personal for you and you think it is no ones business then I would just say politely that "It is personal and I would rather not discuss it" (I hope that came out right??)

Anyhoo...

What would a JL do if she went to the show with a friend who you knew was trying to lose weight but for some reason she decided to pig out? She bought nachos, a hot dog, popcorn, candy and to top it off a jumbo sized soda!

(And no I didn't do that today at the show!! There is no way I could ever eat that much food in one sitting! I am having a hard time coming up with questions to ask!)

Last edited by FrouFrou; 11-04-2004 at 05:03 PM.
Old 11-04-2004, 09:26 PM   #53  
GmaTo8

Maybe she saved all her WW points just for that, lol!!! But since that's highly doubtful, I'd leave her to her own demons, and stay out of it.

Hmmm.... I, too, am running out of questions...

What would a phoneless JL do if she was being flagged down on a dark road by a woman?
Old 11-04-2004, 11:26 PM   #54  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Slow down not rolling down the windows all the way,,,keeping doors locked and eyes open for all around the vehicle ask her what the problem is? She may have a phone and had called already. If not tell her you would be glad to call someone for her once you get to your destination. And tell her to get back in her vehicle cause its not safe.

this is what Im dealing with right now.

When ever we have a cast / crew member do something great we always make sure to let them know our appreciations by bring it up infront of everyone and applauding their hard work or thoughtfulness. Anyways the problem is, we have one guy who each time this happens makes sure to run over to that person and does something goofy and takes the attention away from that person. I feel that each person is intitled to credit without him interferring.
So what would a JL do about this?
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 07:23 AM   #55  
GmaTo8

Go to the new What's a Jaded Lady to do" thread to comment on Angie's question, please.