3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Time For Serious Fun #83 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/46485-time-serious-fun-83-a.html)

gigglez 09-17-2004 08:47 AM

Morning.

Guess that I should say soggy morning. Rain and more rain here. We are still under a flood watch and I really hope that we don't get what is expected here.

Mscat, thanks for the suggestion I will see what happens. I know that somewhere there is something out there that will work. I know that it is hard enough for him so maybe.....who knows thought.

Faye, you got your wheels. Watch out world here she comes!

No loss nor no gain this week so I am happy with that. Time to go shower and get ready for the day.

sandy

Satine 09-17-2004 09:12 AM

Morning All !! It is Friday!!! And even though I just had a two day work week I am still so glad ( and tired ) ...boy being sick really zaps your energy...I still have quite a sore throat in the morning, can't wait to feel tip top again...I sure took health for granted :lol:

I got 4 points yesterday !!! Sad to say that I did not lost any this week but I did NOT gain!! And I thought I would with all of the take out earlier in the week when I was home sick...well the scale did say 188.2 last Friday and this morning it said 188.6 so I guess I am truly up .4 of a pound, but really what is that?????? :lol:

Sandy - I hope the house thing gets straightened out for you soon, take care.

Julie - 5 OP days this week is great ( I know you still have one more to go but you can do it ) !!!

Faye - Glad to hear about the car...don't you love when something actually works in your favor??? :lol: Did you have a big loss again this week? Last week was fantastic...

MSCat - Glad to hear from you...your sunroom is almost finished? That will be a great place to be for the fall...I hope to have one in our next home.

Amanda, Susan, Sandybrat, Cheryn, and anyone I missed, have a great day and if I do not check in later a "fabulous" weekend!! Hey I won't know what to do with myself since I won't have to spend the entire weekend working on the house!! Yes, we are finally done, except for tonight we have to mulch a couple of the beds in the front yard and plant some mums up near the house...now I am just so stressed from trying to keep it clean 24-7, ugghhh!!

Later girls!

Sandybrat 09-17-2004 09:20 AM

GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFULS!!!! Happy Friday all! 4 points yesterday... but a pound up for the week. Altho, its TOM so i am not worried. I have to take my daughter to the doctor today... shes had a bug all week so i want to make sure its nothing serious. No plans for the day other than that. NO plans for the weekend yet either yet. Went to the library and got some books to read... so thats my plan for today...lol i love getting into a good book. I will check back later... everyone have a fab fab day... remember to take care of u... love to u all....
Sandy

gma22 09-17-2004 11:09 AM

POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Faye :bravo:
Carri :bravo:
SandyB :bravo:
Julie :dancer:
Cheryn :bravo:

THIS WEEK'S LBS DOWN: (girls we HAVE to work harder next week!)

Faye :goodscale :goodscale
Cheryn :goodscale :goodscale :goodscale :goodscale :goodscale :goodscale

If you haven't rented it, you HAVE to rent The Four Feathers. It is a really good movie.

I best go as I have some things to get done downstairs today cleaning wise. I have my walk and weights in today so that is good.

have a great day ladies!

Faye :)

Cheryn 09-17-2004 11:11 AM

Yesterday it was hard to stay OP but I did it. I did not start out with the right types of food in my house so temptation was lurking in the cupboards. :devil:

I got four points yesterday.

I had to buy a new scale as mine died. So I dont know how much I am really down but the new scale is telling me I lost 6.5 lbs for the week. Hey, I'll take it even if it is a litttle off :lol:

I hope everyone has a great day, facing it with courage and strength!

God Bless!

gigglez 09-17-2004 10:14 PM

Today was still another stressful day. It seems as if there have been many of then this week. I am trying my best to take it all in stride. I have eat all day it seems and I am so hungrey. My body is wanting something and I have no idea what it is. Don't you all hate it when that happens? Congrats to the loosers this week!!!! Going to get got to rest so that I can rise and shine for the morning.

sandy

gma22 09-18-2004 07:13 AM

SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. What sunny funny thoughts can you share with us?

I will check in later girls. I had 4 pts yesterday.

Amanda Panda 09-18-2004 06:20 PM

Hi guys,

I'm just popping in quickly to show my face - haven't had time to read all the posts I've missed I'm afraid!

I stayed the same this week (weight that is!) - I am pleased because I have been a bit rubbish with my food all week. I've kept up with the swimming though, although I missed my session today as I just felt really exhausted - I ended up sleeping for most of the day. I've increased my medication, so maybe that is having an effect on me. I missed not going swimming today, and feel guilty about it, but really I shouldn't as I needed the rest.

I started my voluntary work yesterday - and after about an hour of being there I developed the mother of all migraines! I was too embarrassed to tell them I had to go home, so I took some pills and carried on working for another 2 hours! In the end it got so bad I had to leave - that is the second really bad migraine I have had in 2 months - I usually get them once or twice a year. I wonder if I need to wear glasses because I've been getting alot of headaches recently, on top of these migraines.

Welcome Cheryn! I haven't read your intro, but I will and i look forward to getting to know you better!

Have a lovely weekend everyone!

Love Amanda x

gigglez 09-18-2004 10:43 PM

Where is eveyrone at today? I hope that everyone is having a great weekend. Ok sunny thought.............children's reaction to a new gift. I just love the glow that they have in their faces. Wanted to check in before bedtime. Getting chily here how bout everyone else.

mscat816 09-18-2004 10:57 PM

Night Ladies!

Just a quickie - caught up from Friday's posts - You all are doing so great. I have been in a Landmark class all day (from 10 - 10!) and it was soooo powerful I am going to work for the next hour on my book before bed.

I would like to share the following sunny thought for the day: My dh is in Germany and attending the Octoberfest in Munich. Because I was in my class all day, I really didn't expect to talk to him but he managed to call me on my cell phone while I was on my dinner break! He told me how much he was missing more than ever today and although he was having a good time at the festival - how much more fun it would be if I were there. I heard his voice crack and I was so moved. Life is grand - even in the face of being separated from him. I rejoice in his opportunity and how it has deepened our love and commitment for each other.

Have a great night. mscat :wave:

gma22 09-19-2004 07:15 AM

SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday and our Poll this week:

WHAT WAS THE LAST MOVIE YOU SAW THAT MADE YOU CRY???

Sorry I didn't get in here yesterday, but Jack took me out on an all day date and we had such a ball. We went and both got our hair cut, then I came back and colored my hair because I was almost totally gray after they cut off my color. :lol: We drove downtown and had lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe, then walked to Peabody Place (a small fancy mall downtown) and saw the movie Mr 3000 with Bernie Mac, which was really cute, then walked back to Beale Street and trolled the shops and listened to the outdoor Blues band that was playing, had a drink in one of the little blues bars there, came home and had some dinner and Jack listened to the Cubs game online so I couldn't post. All in all, it was a great day though I was not op.

I got 2 pts for yesterday and 4 pts for Friday.

Amanda: My dd gets migraines and I know how debilitating they are. I have only had one and I was pregnant with my son and gracious don't ever want another one! Today is the beginning of the week so just pick yourself up and start fresh with your program etc!

MSCat: When Jack was in the Navy and overseas, I longed for them to get into port so he could call me. That was years and years before home computers and the internet and being in the Navy, wasn't ashore except every 3 months or so when they would pull into port. Writing snail mail was always hilarious and some times sad because you would get mail where the end of something bad happening would get to you before the one where he told you the beginning etc. I can tell you we wouldn't stay in 20 years again. I think it ruined my poor children and basically kept us in poverty for 20 years, retirement pension or not. One time he called from Perth, Australia and told me that when he got off the launch and was waiting at a bus stop by the dock to go into town to do his laundry, there was a young woman and her son waiting at the bus stop. Our little ones were probably 4 and 8 and he missed them and struck up a conversation with this woman who took him home, let him do his laundry and fed him for me! He called me from her home and talked to us. I will always remember and cherish that woman's kindness to my husband when he was alone.

SandyG: It was in the 80's here yesterday and beautiful. I have to say even with all the weight I have to lose, losing as much as I have and walking all the time, makes what we did yesterday so terrific. I got kind of hot because I was in black, but not miserable because there was a nice breeze. Besides that, we have tons of people here, vacationers, and people that live in Fla, ALA, Southern MS etc escaping the storm. We met an older couple who flew from Scotland to vacation in Florida, but when the storm came, rented a car and made it to Memphis and the surrounding area making it THEIR vacation instead. They were so sweet. There were a lot of people in town like that and we kept being mistaken for tourists along with the rest.

Well, I have to get around so when it gets light I can get out and walk and get my exercise in. Need to work extra hard to work off the junk from yesterday

Cheryn 09-19-2004 09:52 AM

Hi Gang,

You are all such a great group, I am glad I joined ya! It will take a while but I hope to get to know you all.

I got 2 points Friday and 1 yesterday. Weekends are going to be hard! I won't give up tho for messing up now and then or giving myself a little break. I feel like this is my last chance to have the body and life I want. I want freedom!

Hmmm the last movie that made me cry... There have probably been a few lately that I have shed a tear at. But, I cry at Hallmark commercials so its pretty easy for me to cry. A couple weeks ago my hubby and 15 y/o daughter whatched Schindler's List together. I had watched it when it came out in the theatre but I felt it was important and time for my daughter to see it. This is a movie that actually makes me cry not just tear up. If you havent seen it you must rent it. We should never forget about the jewish holocaust.

Well...it's a brand new day and a day I hope to stay OP and have some serious fun with my family. Have a blessed day y'all!!

Sandybrat 09-19-2004 10:54 AM

GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFULS!! 4 points for friday and yesterday... its been beautiful here as well... just really nice... very sunny and i just love the sunshine. Last movie that made me cry.... hhhhmmmmmmmm... farenhight 911 i guess. Altho i have my favs that i watch when i need a good cry...lol Hope Floats is one of them... love that movei... the thing that gets me every time is when the granddaughter says to her grandma i love you... and the grandma... who doesnt say those words tells her... "My cup runneth over"... i am such a sap some times...lol Schindlers List is a very powerful movie... as well as the Passion of Christ. If you ever need a good laugh... rent Rat Race... i lvoe that movie and LMAO everytime i watch it...lol Old School as well. I hope everyone has a fantabulous day... remeber to take time for yourselves... love to u all...
Sandy

gigglez 09-19-2004 11:24 AM

Morning.

Well yesterday was a bust on the eating but everything else was alright. Will try much harder today. HHHuuuummmm, movie well I agreee with the Passions, right I am still sorta fuzzy as I came home and had a nap before work again. Seems like I would have benefited from exercise but hey sleep was my best friend today.

Faye, I am so envious of your day date! Sounds like you all have a wonderful time. Hope that you get to have more of them soon.

Amanda, never fell gulity for resting. There are times that rest is more important than exercise. Listen to your body and you will never go wrong.

Mscat, listening to you tell about getting to talk to your dh moves me as well. Tissues please.

Everyone have a superday. I hope that all is going well for each and everyone of you.

sandy

mscat816 09-19-2004 01:52 PM

Happy Sunday!

Hi Ladies!

I cry at most movies that have a tender moment - the last ones I saw that made me cry were "Holes" and "Two Weeks Notice." I am a big sap. ;)

Faye - I am touched by your story - and you are still together after all these years. What an inspiration!

Congrats SandyB and Faye on your 4 pointers!

I put two chairs and an end table out in the sunroom - going to eat lunch out there. The interior finishing still has to be done but I want to take advantage of the beautiful day - so I just won't look at the unfinished walls! I am concentrating on staying op, and drinking water today. I hope to get some exercise in later when dd comes home.

Waiting to see if dh signs in to an internet cafe to follow our fantasy football team and chat with me. Hope everyone has a great start to the week.

mscat :wave: